The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 17-08-2019, 21:47   #12321
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Summary:

- When players like Borini and Castillejo touch the ball a lot, you know what to expect.

- Now, our backbone in defense is Gigio-Capitano. Musacchio leaves a lot to be desired and so does Duarte (in Gigio's save) Duarte looks more comfortable on the ball.

- Calabria? It is going to be another rollercoaster this season.

- Rodriguez? Holding the fort and he knows it.

- Biglia? Unfortunately he is a mistake.

- Hakan? I think it is fair to say him and Bennacer are going to fight for the spot.

- Suso? Dud is technically gifted but anybody can notice that he is not meant to play the trequartista role. He does not have it in him. He can play good games but can he service his forwards? The jury still on but I do not think so.

- Piatek? He was the better SS than Samu but we need him to score goals.

Subs:

- Paqueta? Too negligent on the ball. Still, I think he is being wasted but the Mister is the one that coaches them. From sure fire starter to probable backup role.

- Kessie? There is our starting RCM. Slightly more lost than Borini defensively wise but he gives more options .

- Andre Silva? It is always one more touch for him or bad luck finishing chances.

- Maldini? N/A

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 21:54   #12322
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Finally done with the unimportant games!

Let's wait until we've played the league opener and close of the mercato before we worry.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 21:59   #12323
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Giampaolo: "There is a long road to go. We need a lot of physical effort to move forward. We need to pay attention to details which we are trying to do with all players."

"Some players have just two training sessions with us. At the moment the duo that gives me more defensive guarantees is Musacchio-Romagnoli. I've yet to see Bennacer properly."

It’s impossible to look brilliant in friendlies. It’s not what I care about. When I said that we need time it wasn’t to look for excuses but because I know how it works.”

“Those who started the game are the ones who give me more guarantees. I trained Duarte, Paqueta, Kessie and Bennacer a very few times. They are quality players but still have to learn the movements collectively. Who started training over a month ago has to improve.”
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 23:27   #12324
mALDINI03
WonderKid

i am starting to doubt GP is a suitable coach for Milan, the offensive aspect of the team is only a tad better then Gattuso.

The team is too static and understanding between players are poor and most of the time they are clueless. They key point is players need to run to open space and shake off their markers. They need to make themselves available for thru ball.

The team need to play vertical thru ball in front of the strikers and Piatek must change his target striker mentality and learn to shake off his marker and create space. Anyone remember Inzaghi?

For all this to happen they must work it out in training which in my opinion have not done so.

Last edited by mALDINI03; 17-08-2019 at 23:40.
mALDINI03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 00:02   #12325
milanator
AC Milan Legend

I suppose that we did some athletic training recently, almost every player looked like they have heavy legs, that can't be a coincidence.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 00:28   #12326
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mALDINI03 View Post
i am starting to doubt GP is a suitable coach for Milan, the offensive aspect of the team is only a tad better then Gattuso.

The team is too static and understanding between players are poor and most of the time they are clueless. They key point is players need to run to open space and shake off their markers. They need to make themselves available for thru ball.

The team need to play vertical thru ball in front of the strikers and Piatek must change his target striker mentality and learn to shake off his marker and create space. Anyone remember Inzaghi?

For all this to happen they must work it out in training which in my opinion have not done so.

Giampaolo alway play borini,biglia,samu... its really horrible
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 01:04   #12327
indo
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
I suppose that we did some athletic training recently, almost every player looked like they have heavy legs, that can't be a coincidence.
Maybe a hard drill for conditioning
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 04:06   #12328
ZBoban
World Cup Winner

Pretty much same lineup as last season so not surprisingly we achieved pretty much same result and play as last season. Hopefully the new additions can get in synch quick and we can make some kind of class purchase because season gonna be long if we don't.
ZBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:13   #12329
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mALDINI03 View Post
i am starting to doubt GP is a suitable coach for Milan

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:18   #12330
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Next coach please...

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:19   #12331
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

Change management, sell the club.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:41   #12332
Nevermore
Senior Team Member

should've fired Fraudpaolo's ass after draw with Novara
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 09:03   #12333
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Did we change coach yet?
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 12:46   #12334
drobeck
Senior Team Member

From GPs words it sounds like were gonna start the season with the line up that's been playing the most.

So borini, castilejo and biglia will probably be in the starting 11 until the players get acclimated to the new system.
drobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 18:09   #12335
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

this is the best football we played in a long time, we finally have identity.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote