CL round of 16 2nd leg: Barcelona (4) vs AC Milan (0) - 12/3/2013

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Surely if Chelsea can use out tactics to survive there then we can do likewise! Just gotta make sure we don't go in with the mentality that we are through like we did against Arsenal and we should be able to get a draw, if only we can just score one goal then that really fucks them.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Barcelona cunt scores. Agree? Disagree? Paging M. Flamini for 2 footed tackles.

Alves - 10
Pique - 9
Puyol - 9
Alba - 8
Xavi - 7
Busquets - 10
Fabregas - 8.5
Pedro - 9
Messi - 8
Iniesta - 2

Sanchez - 7
Mascherano - 9
Tello - 6.5
Song - 8
Thiago - 1

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Faster, bigger pitch with 100.000 screaming Barca fans.

This promises a spectacle. Can´t wait!!!

IKE

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Faster pitch .....but for fast game you need space .......bus parked in front of goal will level that

Bigger .........once again, they can have all the place in the world on wings, behind the wings there will be still bus in pakrking mode

100.000 fans yeah sure......its not our first game there....

Spectacle ? oh hell yes.....

It will be hard as hell but in we score then we have real chance to progress in last 8 ....

Last edited:

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
2-0 is probably not enough. We need to score in this game! :)

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My hope is that Milan don't go into this game with the same attitude they did against Arsenal last year. Our 4-0 lead was reduce to 1 in one half of futbol.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Come on, we can make this happen. The same line-up is fine for me. Everyone did great last night <3

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
My hope is that Milan don't go into this game with the same attitude they did against Arsenal last year. Our 4-0 lead was reduce to 1 in one half of futbol.

Highly doubt that will happen. Only 3 players of that match were on the pitch for us last night. I assume that Allegri will have that video playing non-stop and the players' ratings from that match taped above their locker.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I think it's more due to the fact that Arsenal first leg was a breeze but Barcelona was a battle.

Vms

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
this game is a few days after my bday which is good cos we always get knocked out on my bday (tottenham, man utd)

Same as me,i Feel you Bro:(

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Can somebody tell me how much bigger is the pitch of Camp Nou? I checked a few sources and it seems like the pitch of San Siro and Camp Nou are equal in size which is 105 X 68.

Will still be a hell of a job to qualify though. Barcelona is usually much stronger at home. But whatever happens no one can take away this epic Milan performance of yesterday. We shackled one of the best teams in history with our team consisting mainly of pretty modest players who were operating as one machine.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Can somebody tell me how much bigger is the pitch of Camp Nou? I checked a few sources and it seems like the pitch of San Siro and Camp Nou are equal in size which is 105 X 68.

Will still be a hell of a job to qualify though. Barcelona is usually much stronger at home. But whatever happens no one can take away this epic Milan performance of yesterday. We shackled one of the best teams in history with our team consisting mainly of pretty modest players who were operating as one machine.

they should be same size. Only a few english stadiums and well... general old stadia (like chelseas) are smaller.

Barca groom their pitch a certain way to suit their style though. The grass is about about as short as possible and plays fast. They also like to play really wide to spread you out and use their technical skill to play ball fast thru gaps. Faster than it plays on other pitches.

That gives allusion it's faster. Atleast thats what i've heard

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Barca plays 4 matches before their match with us, we play 3 matches before meeting them. And amongst those 4 matches ... Barca plays Madrid twice (once in League and once in Copa). Also, our match against them is on Tuesday and we play the previous match on Friday, whereas Barca plays the previous match on Saturday.

Bottom line: They will be tired!

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
Barca plays 4 matches before their match with us, we play 3 matches before meeting them. And amongst those 4 matches ... Barca plays Madrid twice (once in League and once in Copa). Also, our match against them is on Tuesday and we play the previous match on Friday, whereas Barca plays the previous match on Saturday.

Bottom line: They will be tired!

Dont know who they play on saturday, but im sure their b team will be well represented.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When was the last time Barcelona went into a game needing (in all probability) to score 3/4 goals? Are they still capable of a sustained onslaught? It's been a long time since I've seen them get to that terrifying level where they stand a winger on each touchline and move the ball lightning quick. Will be interesting to see whether they can recapture that, because more of the same isn't going to do it for them unless Milan shit themselves.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Dont know who they play on saturday, but im sure their b team will be well represented.
from mariosheva
ITA1 Inter - Milan 2/24/13 7:45 PM UTC
ITA1 Milan - Lazio 3/2/13 7:45 PM UTC
ITA1 Genoa - Milan 3/8/13 7:45 PM UTC
UCL Barcelona - Milan 3/12/13 8:45 PM UTC

Barca have 4 games before seeing us again and 2 of them are against Real Madrid

LIGA Barcelona - Sevilla 2/23/13 9:00 PM UTC
ESPC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2/26/13 9:00 PM UTC
LIGA Real Madrid - Barcelona 3/2/13 3:00 PM UTC
LIGA Barcelona - Deportivo La Coruña 3/9/13 7:00 PM UTC

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Rino, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo
I'm already nervous. Fuck this shit.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
well, it's not easy to forget deportivo la coruña

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
When was the last time Barcelona went into a game needing (in all probability) to score 3/4 goals? Are they still capable of a sustained onslaught? It's been a long time since I've seen them get to that terrifying level where they stand a winger on each touchline and move the ball lightning quick. Will be interesting to see whether they can recapture that, because more of the same isn't going to do it for them unless Milan shit themselves.

I think they're pretty capable of that. They can score 3/4 at home against anyone, the question is whether they'll be able to score them without reply. We score one, Barca need four. That's a tough ask, and I can't see us not scoring given Barca's defence and how we'll set up.

Playing defensive is fine, but I hope Allegri doesn't pull a Mourinho and fields two banks of four stationed across the pitch like soldiers. We don't have the players for that. We should try to disrupt their midfield's rhythm and dispossess them by playing deep but pressing as much as possible.

Sitting back with a "come at us" attitude from the first minute would be suicide, IMHO.

Last edited:

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
well, it's not easy to forget deportivo la coruña

If they can turn the table like that we'll be the biggest joke in the history of UCL.

If only the referee is fair, we're going through..
Otherwise, well..

This is what I'm afraid of.
Undeserved red card for our player, undeserved pen, ... all substances in universe will against us.

Reaction score
hey there milan fans,

I am a juve fan here. I want to congratulate you guys on the win against barca, you guys have did Italian football proud! I hate to admit this, but I found myself cheering when milan scored the two goals. I have always believed that Italian teams have the best tactical approach against teams like barca, and milan have proved that!

You guys managed to neutralized barca so well that I almost fell asleep watching barca players pass the ball boringly with no purpose and penetration.
FORZA ITALIAN CALCIO! FORAZA JUVE!

Arie_14

The Athlete
Reaction score
hey there milan fans,

I am a juve fan here. I want to congratulate you guys on the win against barca, you guys have did Italian football proud! I hate to admit this, but I found myself cheering when milan scored the two goals. I have always believed that Italian teams have the best tactical approach against teams like barca, and milan have proved that!

You guys managed to neutralized barca so well that I almost fell asleep watching barca players pass the ball boringly with no purpose and penetration.
FORZA ITALIAN CALCIO! FORAZA JUVE!

Thanks for your comment, although i do not agree about the 'Forza Juve' part at the end of your sentences ;)

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I think they're pretty capable of that. They can score 3/4 at home against anyone, the question is whether they'll be able to score them without reply. We score one, Barca need four. That's a tough ask, and I can't see us not scoring given Barca's defence and how we'll set up.

Playing defensive is fine, but I hope Allegri doesn't pull a Mourinho and fields two banks of four stationed across the pitch like soldiers. We don't have the players for that. We should try to disrupt their midfield's rhythm and dispossess them by playing deep but pressing as much as possible.

Sitting back with a "come at us" attitude from the first minute would be suicide, IMHO.

Highly unlikely that Milan parks the bus from the first minute. Presumably, it will be a similar tactical approach in the second leg as it was in the first, which is the right call. It is the old "bend don't break" defense. Let Barcelona have the middle of the field because trying to contain their midfielders is like eating a bunch of spicy peppers...you might do well for a while, but eventually it catches up with you.

I imagine Allegri will field Niang from the first minute and again defend with 11 men and attack with 11 men. I think Pazzo plays the first 60, and if we're still leading, Bojan comes on for his run out and since there will be more space.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Highly unlikely that Milan parks the bus from the first minute. Presumably, it will be a similar tactical approach in the second leg as it was in the first, which is the right call. It is the old "bend don't break" defense. Let Barcelona have the middle of the field because trying to contain their midfielders is like eating a bunch of spicy peppers...you might do well for a while, but eventually it catches up with you.

I imagine Allegri will field Niang from the first minute and again defend with 11 men and attack with 11 men. I think Pazzo plays the first 60, and if we're still leading, Bojan comes on for his run out and since there will be more space.

Thats whats going to happen, my only hope is that we are going to clinical as in cold as ice in the first 20 minutes.

Barcelona are going to open up, its up to slice them up when they do.Had a dream that Pazzo & Niang scored doubles:D

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If only the referee is fair, we're going through..
Otherwise, well..

Ditto. I think our tactical approach will be the same; however, we may need to be aware of Iniesta like last game because he is the game changer for Barca.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
We need to score. that should be our goal. getting a 1-0 loss can be really tricky, but if we score 1 it will be sure as hell they wonlt score 4. The modern Barca, with all thier greatness, has actually never had a huge come back as long as I remember. Their minds easily mess up when the time is running out and they are getting knocked out of CL.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
they did against arsenal but were ridiculously lucky that game, got rvp sent off for no reason when it was 1-1 and then bendtner comes on :fp:. Barca take advantage by exposing the 10 men arsenal and eventually decimate them by winning 4 - 1. They beat athletico at home 4-1 which some barca fans were referring to lol, they think they cann do the same to us. Comparing us to athletico ???? really ??? athletico fucking dipshits. I hope we troll them and be the first team to win and break their unbeaten record at camp nou for the past 3 - 4 seasons. Faggots, dont deserve to win this tie, i just hope we get a fair ref like the first leg. He was awesome.

Schedule