The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2019, 16:51   #1
Qaas
Mystery Guy
 
Qaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Danmark
Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Week 34: Torino vs Milan 28/04/2019 20:30 CET



A MUST win match.
Forza Milan!
Qaas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 17:06   #2
Tobinho
Decisive Hours
 
Tobinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Default

Yes a win is unbelievably important.

If we lose here we could fall out of not only the CL places but the European places altogether and drop to 7th. Toro would also be ahead of us in the head to head, so would finish above us in the table if we were level on points.

Calabria is out for the rest of the season. Hopefully we see Paqueta start again and I'm sure we'll see RR, Gigio and Hakan return to the starting lineup.

Maybe Rino will stick with Caldara, or maybe he doesn't have a full game in him yet.

Kind of hard to feel optimistic in this run of form but hoping a well rested Paqueta can make a big difference.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 22:35   #3
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Bench Musacchio and give Caldara a chance in this one.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 23:46   #4
Raghav
World Cup Winner
 
Raghav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi, India
Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Default

Think Rino will go back to the 4-3-3 with Baka Kessie Paqueta midfield and Suso Piatek Hakan attack . Can’t be too optimistic but hopefully we can get an individual moment of brilliance from some one or a Toro mistake to give us a tough win .

Sami hasn’t played wel off late but I’d start him over Suso on the RW. He’s been played Out of position and has done decent when playing RW. This can also be a fluid 4-3-1-2 in a way with Samu as SS

Last edited by Raghav; 25-04-2019 at 23:48.
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 06:39   #5
truant
sexy football fetishist
 
truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli
Default

I would like:

Reina; Conti, Caldara, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Castillejo (or Cutrone), Piatek

What is likely we will see is:

Donnarumma; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Borini

Either we we need to win this. I feel like this season is going to pieces but let's hope for one last push of brilliance to secure fourth place with 5 wins in a row.


Signature
One promise that always remains
No matter the price
A promise to survive
Persevere and thrive
As we've always done

Last edited by truant; 26-04-2019 at 06:45. Reason: 4-3-1-2!
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 07:34   #6
Hitchens
Progress of a kind
 
Hitchens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Norway
Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
Sami hasn’t played wel off late but I’d start him over Suso on the RW. He’s been played Out of position and has done decent when playing RW. This can also be a fluid 4-3-1-2 in a way with Samu as SS
No thanks. He needs to bulk up first. Use steroids if you have to, he merits a dispensation from the doping laws.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:16   #7
Tobinho
Decisive Hours
 
Tobinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
No thanks. He needs to bulk up first. Use steroids if you have to, he merits a dispensation from the doping laws.
Haha, he could get a decent cycle done before the start of next season and easily put on 5-7kg.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:21   #8
Tobinho
Decisive Hours
 
Tobinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I would like:

Reina; Conti, Caldara, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu; Paqueta; Castillejo (or Cutrone), Piatek

What is likely we will see is:

Donnarumma; Abate, Musacchio, Romagnoli, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Borini

Either we we need to win this. I feel like this season is going to pieces but let's hope for one last push of brilliance to secure fourth place with 5 wins in a row.
That's what I'd like to see too, or possible Paqueta and Suso behind Piatek to start.

I'm sure we'll see Paqueta from the start, just hope he's in a more advanced position than Hakan.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 10:36   #9
truant
sexy football fetishist
 
truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
That's what I'd like to see too, or possible Paqueta and Suso behind Piatek to start.

I'm sure we'll see Paqueta from the start, just hope he's in a more advanced position than Hakan.
I hope you are right and Paqueta is ready to play. We need his spark and link-up play so badly.


Signature
One promise that always remains
No matter the price
A promise to survive
Persevere and thrive
As we've always done
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 16:48   #10
Forza AC Milan
AC Milan Legend
 
Forza AC Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Default

Conti looks terrible defending and lacks pace to cover in defense after going forward. He keeps playing opponents onside and has little tackling 1 on 1 ability. Musacchio is also weak 1 on 1 so that creates problems on that side.
Forza AC Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 16:51   #11
necromancer
Il Diamante
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Yeah our right side is a massive mess at the moment. Conti is really average at actual defending (which he rarely had to do at Atalanta) and Musacchio as you said doesn't help much at all. With Suso's inane games these days, that's a really weak right side. Almost every team playing against us now is just trying to use their left wingers to press us and to get into the area from that side. We need something to change on the right side.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 18:09   #12
Pingu
Maldoban
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

No Paqueta no party.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 18:10   #13
Pingu
Maldoban
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Yeah our right side is a massive mess at the moment. Conti is really average at actual defending (which he rarely had to do at Atalanta) and Musacchio as you said doesn't help much at all. With Suso's inane games these days, that's a really weak right side. Almost every team playing against us now is just trying to use their left wingers to press us and to get into the area from that side. We need something to change on the right side.
I remember it was the left side for the longest time that was a problem. Now they're both as bad as each other
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 18:36   #14
necromancer
Il Diamante
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
I remember it was the left side for the longest time that was a problem. Now they're both as bad as each other
Since we signed Paqueta, our left side has been pretty good. Rodriguez always knows how to defend, Paqueta and Hakan combined pretty well during the run we had from January till the derby in March. I had always thought the left side issues were overstated here.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 19:08   #15
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Hoping for some Paqueta + Piatek magic, otherwise i don't see how are we going to get the 3 points.


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 19:51   #16
Boban1982
Scudetto 18
 
Boban1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

A win or we lose 4th place as simple as that. Roma and Atalanta are unlikely to drop points at home.

5 Serie A finals to go.

Forza Milan!


Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 19:55   #17
papaberlu
AC Milan Legend
 
papaberlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

PLEASE get 3 points
papaberlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 20:01   #18
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Since we signed Paqueta, our left side has been pretty good. Rodriguez always knows how to defend, Paqueta and Hakan combined pretty well during the run we had from January till the derby in March. I had always thought the left side issues were overstated here.
Agreed. We have a good balance with those three. With Paqueta out Hakan has had a really hard time moving the ball forward. Those quick one-twos with Paqueta are a great way to move up the field. Would have liked to see Bonaventura with Paqueta also, I feel like those two would play well together also.

On the right Suso needs to get more comfortable releasing Conti whenever the guy overlaps. I have no idea why he always hesitates. It's almost like he's too good to play that ball, like he's admitting defeat because he has to do his trademark cut inside first. If he starts to play that ball faster we'll be more effective on the right side. That triangle of Kessie, Suso and Conti can start rotating and overloading the right side, but i've been waiting for this to work all season and it hasn't yet. I don't know why.

Last edited by brk; 26-04-2019 at 20:04.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 20:07   #19
mleite
AC Milan Legend
 
mleite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Default

This match will be on Premier Sports in the UK from 7.25pm (UK time).


Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 20:08   #20
necromancer
Il Diamante
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Agreed. We have a good balance with those three. With Paqueta out Hakan has had a really hard time moving the ball forward. Those quick one-twos with Paqueta are a great way to move up the field. Would have liked to see Bonaventura with Paqueta also, I feel like those two would play well together also.

On the right Suso needs to get more comfortable releasing Conti whenever the guy overlaps. I have no idea why he always hesitates. It's almost like he's too good to play that ball, like he's admitting defeat because he has to do his trademark cut inside first. If he starts to play that ball faster we'll be more effective on the right side. That triangle of Kessie, Suso and Conti can start rotating and overloading the right side, but i've been waiting for this to work all season and it hasn't yet. I don't know why.
^I think it's because Suso does not have the tactical intelligence nor composure to play in a system. He's a soloist, and a limited period effective soloist over the course of a season.

His hesitation and cluelessness annoyed me even more when watching from the stadium. Piatek's frustration was so obvious on multiple occasions when Suso simply couldn't understand that a pass ahead would work better than just skipping horizontally with the ball.


Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 26-04-2019 at 20:11.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:55.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.