CAMPIONI D'EUROPA! PIPPO COME MARADONA! 7TH CL! AC MILAN 2:1 LIVERPOOL!

What do you expect from the upcoming final as a game?

• A grindfest with no goals or one at max(something like Juve-Milan 2003)

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Considerably open game with up to 3 goals(something like Barca-Arsenal 2006)

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • A goalfest with more than 3 goals(something like Milan-Liverpool 2005)

Votes: 32 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
chuel said:
looserfool won their 5th champions league in 05, so i guess we will won the 7th in 07! what a number!! :eek:
Nice.

We'll be making posts like the one above for the next three weeks. :)

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
chuel said:
looserfool won their 5th champions league in 05, so i guess we will won the 7th in 07! what a number!! :eek:
That's brilliant. :)

I saw this on acmilan.com today...

'In Munich we took Gila to Manchester. Yesterday we took Paolo Maldini to Athens. Now, we need to take Ronie to Tokyo.'

...but I'm not sure what is meant by Tokyo?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Gattuso said:
Milan star Gattuso dimisses 'long-ball' Liverpool

AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has dismissed Champions League final opponents Liverpool as a 'long ball' side.
Gattuso and his team-mates saw off Manchester United in the semi-finals this week to set up a repeat of the 2005 final, when Liverpool recovered from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

Of the two sides, former Rangers midfielder Gattuso believes United are the better team and accused Liverpool of using outdated tactics.

He said: 'I feel there is a noticeable difference in talent between Manchester United and Liverpool and that we have beaten the better side of the two.

'United have far more technical players, who are quick and able to do things on the ball. Liverpool do not have those individuals.

'What they have is a way of playing as a team. They are like an Italian team of 10 years ago. All they try to do is defend together, with everybody behind the ball and just one striker. Every ball is a long ball.'
Ok Rhino, lets not start getting overconfident just yet. :rolleyes:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Soccernet.com said:
AC Milan, rightly in my view, go into the UEFA Champions League final on 23 May in Athens, as favourites to be crowned European club champions for the seventh time in their illustrious history.

While some Liverpool fans might take offence at being seen as underdogs (again), I suspect Rafa Benitez will be quite happy that the bookmakers give Milan the early edge.

Regular readers of this column will know that I've regarded the rossoneri as the most potent threat to English success in this season's Champions League for quite some time. Milan's business is one of economical destruction, as they demonstrated against Manchester United at the San Siro. Virtually every player in the Milan side is comfortable on the ball and their ability to pick the lock of opposing defences remains second to none.

For me, they've been the most attractive side for most of the knockout stages.

This re-match against Liverpool is one Milan have coveted ever since 25 May, 2005. I was seated in the commentary box at the Ataturk Stadium that night, and along with hundreds of broadcasters from around the world, searched for the words to capture the greatest comeback (or biggest collapse) we're ever likely to see during our lifetime in a major final.
Thats right. English press praising.

Last edited:

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
I must admit I am very confident at this present moment at our chances of beating Liverpool. I mean we just easily handled what was supposed to be the greatest team in the world, full of the greatest players. As time goes on I'm sure memories of Istanbul will surface and memories of our latest CL win will recede. I will then surely be more worried but for now I must admit I am not.

I do realize that Liverpool will be a completely different challenge than Man U was. With Man U if you take away certain players, C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes, they become a very weak team. We were perfectly handled to do such as job with Gattuso, Ambro and Nesta.

Liverpool are a team in the truest sense of the word. There are no major players in the team that propel the entire engine. Gerrard is the heart but take him away and you still have a very smart, assured, experienced team.

I am happy that Milan will be constantly reminded of Instanbul as this will assure an angry, fired-up team that will never tire or take their foot off the gas. If Milan go up 3-0 I think you'd be more likely to see a 6-0 result than 3-3.

I'll post deeper, less biased analysis as the match nears but for now I am gonna revel in another beautiful European night of football put on by the greatest team in the world.

:star: FORZA MILAN :star:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
Hope so!!! That white shirt vs Liverpool just brings bad luck! If it was against an Italian team or any other perhaps the white would have been better ... remembering for example the 2003 win :-) But nooo they wont win it this time anyway!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
We can wear white or yellow for all I care, but this time, we're coming back with our 7th En Sha Allah.

FORZA MILAN!!!

Beach_Babe

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Gila, Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Nesta And Everyone who plays at Milan
Liverpool will wear their red home kit for the Champions League final against AC Milan on May 23.

Rafael Benitez's side had been named as the away team for the match in Athens but Milan have chosen to wear their all white strip.

That means the teams will be wearing the same colours as when they met in the 2005 final in Istanbul, when Liverpool came back from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

nooo our white's just too unlucky :eek:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Beach_Babe said:
Liverpool will wear their red home kit for the Champions League final against AC Milan on May 23.

Rafael Benitez's side had been named as the away team for the match in Athens but Milan have chosen to wear their all white strip.

That means the teams will be wearing the same colours as when they met in the 2005 final in Istanbul, when Liverpool came back from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

nooo our white's just too unlucky :eek:
Before the last final against Liverpool it was our lucky shirt. All that lucky unlucky shirt stuff is ridiculous. Football isn't played with the shirtcolours you know

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
Mr C said:
On the contrary, theres no body we fear from Milan, if you apparantly don't fear Gerrard, we don't fear Kaka, he can be closed down as well you know. :rolleyes:
Alonso, Gerrard, Riise even Agger all have belting shooting ability, which Dida may find hard to cope with.

A message to you all, i'm not here to wind you up, or to be called any unpleasentries because of me being a Kopite, i'm here for discussion, and the way i see it, there's no harm in a bit of banter between me and you. It will be a cracking final i'm sure, and i truely hope the best team wins (don't reply saying "oh yes, ofcourse Milan will, Liverpool suck...)
Don't also think it will be walk in the park for Milan, it won't, you know best after Istanbul, and we're a far better team since then, you may have learned your lesson from the defeat, but we have learned a lesson as well from our first half performance. Both teams are as good as each other, and again, i can't stress this enough, i hope it's a fantastic final, for all to enjoy.

Nice .. Welcome... All I can say this forum is alwasy welcomed the good lads...
NOTHING COMPALRE to Liverpool Forums...

A FULL OF ARROGANT TWATS....

NO offence... I am speaking about this web site.... www.thisisanfield.ru

Tar

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Rustamka_Ambro said:
Nice .. Welcome... All I can say this forum is alwasy welcomed the good lads...
NOTHING COMPALRE to Liverpool Forums...

A FULL OF ARROGANT TWATS....

NO offence... I am speaking about this web site.... www.thisisanfield.ru

Tar
Welcome back to you ambro , havent seen you around for a while :)
and yes Mr. C , you've been better than mcg70 , and others , i actually got banned once due to a constant swear-a-thron between some other nuts

aneh2

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i really prefer we could wear the rossoneri shirt...
but if we wear the white shirt, i dont really give a damn..

FORZA MAGICO MILANO!!!! :star:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^^^Looks like the english media source i got my info off was rather quick in jumping to a conclusion about his statements. As was I.

On another note, not that it really matters, but it was good to hear one of our best players from the 2005 CL Final say this about us :

Hernan Crespo said:
Crespo, who played for Milan last season, said: "I'm happy for (coach Carlo) Ancelotti and for the boys, they have played brilliantly and I'm sure that now that they have the chance to gain revenge after what happened two years ago, they will do everything to achieve it.

"A prediction for the final? I never do that, I am a player." "
Deep down inside, the guy still regrets not being able to stay here.

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
All white on the night Friday 4 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have opted to wear their white away shirts in the Champions League Final against Liverpool later this month.

The Italian team were drawn by UEFA as the home side which gave them the right to wear their famous black and red shirts.

However, Milan have decided to go for their second strip and allow Liverpool to dress in their red jerseys – just like in Istanbul two years ago.

Milan did consider their white strip a lucky omen priot to their penalty shoot-out loss to the Premiership side in the 2005 finale.

Before then the San Siro giants had won four European Cups in white against Benfica in 1963 and 1990, versus Steaua Bucharest in 1989 and Juventus in 2003.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Confirmed: We will be wearing white in Athens. Pool will be wearing Red.

Click here

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=427430&cc=4716

Reaction score
The Scousers are coming

Hello Milan fans.
May I say that as a Liverpool fan I am very pleased to see that it will be a true European final and not a domestic grudge match against manure nited.

Milan are a far better team than Manchester and when Liverpool win again it will be our most glorious night.

However, if Milan win, I will not be too sad because you outplayed us in 2005.

I look forward to a good day in Athens, we'll share a few drinks and moussaka on the Plaka, and I think it will be a much better game than you think.

Gattuso is right, Liverpool don't have the skilled players that Manchester have, losing Louis Garcia was a blow. But we have more than enough determination and we don't always play the long ball - you can never predict where our next attack will come from.

Scouse

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I just cant take of my mind that Milan will play the final vs Liverpool on my b-day :D

My best b-day present ever was an x GF cutting her hair short but am sure that Milan winning the CL would mean a lot 4 me.
Its gonna b a present from the team I love + a revenge I always wanted & guess what it happened so soon.

Brazil won the WC even when was surrounded by 7 other European nation & now we can do it when we r surrounded with 3 English teams.
So , lets kick some English ass.
Forza Milannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Milan_ionio

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Certainly not GILAFLOP
White Shirt for Milan it is.

So be it. I would have preferred the Rossoneri as we had the choice being the home team designated.

Bring it on nonetheless.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
yonggoh said:

Click here

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=427430&cc=4716
I love it .
That show that we aren’t silly 2 b superstitious.
When I was young our coach asked us 2 chose numbers & I chose the number 13 & when he asked me why I answered him that most ppl think this number is bad luck & am gonna change that by playing good wearing it -- > I did.
Me liking Milan mentality :D

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Two of the greatest European clubs of all times. Including Real. But as a jesture of good will, and friendship, Liverpool should just forfiet the match :D LAWL. Asking too much?

Good luck, and good game mate, it will be fucking cracker!

p.s. Write an email to Rafa to ask him to try and play Momo Sissoko this time, I was sad not see him against Chelsea!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I'd rather play against teams that attack us other than play counter attacking. It's good that Liverpool will let us focus more on attacking. I know the boys learnt from last time about throwing away a 3-0 lead and im sure their mentality will be different this time round. Play with the same heart, passion, determination and grit like we did again Man Utd and I don't care about the result. In the end however, I know that we will have our heads held high dispite the result.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
i am really surprised by Rino comment i mean i never read or heard about what Gerrard said about him. if anybody by anychance has gerrard's comment on gattuso i would appriciate it greatly. ;)

Last edited:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
-----------------------Dida
----Oddo-------Nesta--------Maldini-----Janku

-------Gattuso--------Pirlo---------Ambrosini

----------------------Seedorf
----------------------------------Kaka
------------------Pippo

Some of u guys might want to start Gila as he scored in the previous match .But i feel that Carlo will start with Pippo once again due to the fact that he has played a final before , can handle pressure and nerve during big games . Inzaghi will be they key to find a gap in Liverpool's tight+strong defence . I hope Seedorf and Kaka can combine well to get rid of Liverpool midfielders , we need them to do that or else it will be terribly hard to score . The whole team has to play like MILAN , then we can WIN :D :proud:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I was hoping that Milan will wear red & black .. don't know why they choose all white again...anyway it doesn't matter to much .. we have to win it .. and make up for the loss in Istanbul.. that would be great for all Milan fans !

Now , lets pray nobody gets injured till than .. ;)

By the way , Wild .. last year Kaka gave me 2 birthday goals.. I am sure he will do it also for you ;)...

FORZA KAKA !!

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
same shirts??
like 2005??
damn shit..
im glad if we wear red&black shirt..
i hope this time our white shirts bring a luck..

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Besi said:
I was hoping that Milan will wear red & black .. don't know why they choose all white again...anyway it doesn't matter to much .. we have to win it .. and make up for the loss in Istanbul.. that would be great for all Milan fans !

Now , lets pray nobody gets injured till than .. ;)

By the way , Wild .. last year Kaka gave me 2 birthday goals.. I am sure he will do it also for you ;)...

FORZA KAKA !!
I can't say i'm to dissapointed Liverpool will be wearing the red. I wasn't really surprised that Milan chose their white either, i expected it to be honest.

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Kyara said:
Do you mean Kopite2007's thread? I merged it as it we already have a main match thread for the final :)
hehe yeah that one - well had to delete post cos it looked kinda odd :tongue: good job btw

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Mr C said:
I can't say i'm to dissapointed Liverpool will be wearing the red. I wasn't really surprised that Milan chose their white either, i expected it to be honest.
I guess it's a tradition we wear white - even if we have lost the previous final (ex vs Marseille), we still wore the all white the next time we went to a final ex vs Barca)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Red&Black--Lion said:
damnit, we're gonna play with our white shirts this time too :mad:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may4i.html

Fuck, we lost once with white shirts :head: Why to play with them again, against the team we lost :mad:

And I agree in one of BMWs post when she said that devils don't wear white.
If we're really devils like we pretend we should play red and black and let Liverpool play with yellow or whatever.

Schedule