AC Milan's Financial Situation Thread

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
forget about a new stadion ... with the FinInvest fine Milan wil not be able to do big spendings even if they want to.

rumours are Berlusconi is going to sell 51% of the shares to GazProm to get some cash he is desperately in need of

lets hope they can find a solution !

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
I wouldn't bank on anyone buying a percentage of Milan, Berlu has made it perfectly clear in the past that he is unwilling to part ways with the club.
Out of curiosity how much is this guy from Gazprom worth? Are we talking big bucks?

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well we'll just have to see what happens, would be sweet if the gazprom dude did buy I stake in the club

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I wouldn't bank on anyone buying a percentage of Milan, Berlu has made it perfectly clear in the past that he is unwilling to part ways with the club.
Out of curiosity how much is this guy from Gazprom worth? Are we talking big bucks?

Y.E.$. Big buck$. they $upply oil to the majority of Ea$tern European countrie$

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
Gazprom is not owned by a guy..Its russian state owned Oil & Gas company,,
I beleive most of europe depends on Gas from Gazprom..

Last edited:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan budget hit by Berlusconi fine

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-hit-by-€560-million-berlusconi-fine-?cc=5901

AC Milan's budget has been 'hit hard' by the news that president Silvio Berlusconi's company has been levied with a massive €560 million fine.

GettyImages
Silvio Berlusconi: Milan supremo
Berlusconi's Fininvest will have to pay damages to Compagnie Industriale Riuniteafter after a Milan court found them guilty of wrongdoing over a 1991 corporate takeover.

Indeed, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani maintains that the fine will impact on the club's transfer budget, with the club linked with a big-money move for Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik.

"It is something that hits the owners of Milan very hard, as the club is owned by Fininvest," Galliani told Sky Sport Italia. "Berlusconi will be at the Milanello training ground on Tuesday to meet the squad. I think it will be a good time to talk.

"As for how it affects the future of Milan, this is something president Berlusconi has to consider. He loves Milan very much, it is his baby, having saved the club from bankruptcy in 1986 and brought it a lot of success.

"But Milan are already a complete and very competitive squad. We'll see what happens, but the team is fine as it is."

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-hit-by-€560-million-berlusconi-fine-?cc=5901

AC Milan's budget has been 'hit hard' by the news that president Silvio Berlusconi's company has been levied with a massive €560 million fine.

GettyImages
Silvio Berlusconi: Milan supremo
Berlusconi's Fininvest will have to pay damages to Compagnie Industriale Riuniteafter after a Milan court found them guilty of wrongdoing over a 1991 corporate takeover.

Indeed, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani maintains that the fine will impact on the club's transfer budget, with the club linked with a big-money move for Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik.

"It is something that hits the owners of Milan very hard, as the club is owned by Fininvest," Galliani told Sky Sport Italia. "Berlusconi will be at the Milanello training ground on Tuesday to meet the squad. I think it will be a good time to talk.

"As for how it affects the future of Milan, this is something president Berlusconi has to consider. He loves Milan very much, it is his baby, having saved the club from bankruptcy in 1986 and brought it a lot of success.

"But Milan are already a complete and very competitive squad. We'll see what happens, but the team is fine as it is."

You got to love him if you are a Milan fan ! :proud: FORZA SILVIO !!! :star: :star: :star:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Berlusconi not planning Milan sale

Berlusconi not planning Milan sale

Silvio Berlusconi 's daughter and club director Barbara Berlusconi insists her father has no intention of selling AC Milan.

Recent reports in Italy claimed Berlusconi, the Italian prime minister and club owner, was considering putting the Serie A club up for sale. Berlusconi's company Fininvest, which owns Milan, was recently fined €560 million by the Italian courts.

"I want to reassure our supporters the group will be there for the club to help them achieve the ambitious aims we have set out," Barbara Berlusconi told the club's official website.

"One reason is that I'm sure my father's love for Milan is even greater. In the first place, we've got the scudetto on our shirt, which is a big factor.

"We will not limit ourselves to just one target, we want to win everything. We've got what it takes to fight on all fronts, but my personal dream is the Champions League."

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just out of curiosity but how much did milan roughly make off tv rights before the collective agreement?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi considering overseas investment into the club following financial hit - report
By Livio Caferoglu

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi may look to relinquish shares in the club after suffering a huge financial blow, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Following a decade-long dispute, known as Lodo Mondadori, Berlusconi's holding company Fininvest, which also controls the Milanese club, has been slapped with an astronomical €560 million fine by Italian courts.

This may also have long-term financial implications for the team, as the company may have to divert its interests to making sure the matter with Cir, the winners of the conflict, is resolved first and foremost.

As the 74-year-old has no intention of selling the club outright, the company is actively seeking a solution that does not lead to the sale of Milan, but ensuring that funding can remain healthy.

The publication reports that a meeting took place on Monday between the owner Silvio Berlusconi, his children Marina, who manages Fininvest, and Barbara, a Milan board member, and the board of Fininvest.

Currently, three possible outcomes are being considered; they could choose to disassociate the club from Fininvest to avoid any further problems, sell 30 per cent of the shares to an Arabic consortium, or list itself on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.

In particular, the last two options would allow Milan to bolster their vaults with fresh funding, and considerably strengthen the team further. The first option, however, ensures the club remains exclusively in the hands of the family.

All solutions are under consideration by the management of Fininvest and Milan, and soon will have to take a decision to support managing director Adriano Galliani in the transfer market.

News is expected in the coming weeks, but what is certain is that Milan will stay in one way or another, in the legacy of the Berlusconi family.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
MILAN - Following claims in the press to changes in ownership of Milan, a spokesman for Finnivest, when asked about such claims categorically reiterated that it was "a fanciful hypotheses and totally baseless scenario." The Berlusconi family's financial stake excludes short sale of shares of Milan, and that it was more of a scenario of a financial nature, which suggest a demerger of the company with a view to listing the Rossoneri on the Stock Exchange in Hong Kong. (ANSA)

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
will listing the club on the HKSE help it in any way? some people feel that if we do not have a holding company then things might be difficult in the way of buying players! correct me if i'm wrong though.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, van Basten, Weah, Pippo, Kaka', Pato
Hey, I posted this on our Champion's League Chance thread too, but I think it alos fits in here. I recently wrote an article that looks at Champion's League disbursements compared to Europa League disbursement -- special emphasis on Milan, of course. Gives a lot of quantitative insight into how Milan benefits from progress in the UEFA CL, and why doing well is so important for the calciomercato.

http://themilanguy.com/2011/08/18/uefa-champions-league-money/
I think you'll find it interesting with regards to our finances.
Forza Milan!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Latest wage bill, from Gazzetta

392500270.jpg

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@Necro, its not showing, can you repost it?

Is it this one?

392500270.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
With Gattuso I trust Gds since I remember him extending to bring down the annual 4m salary.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This must really frustrate Milan to see these made up figures. We know for afact that Gattuso & Zambrotta spread their salaries almost over 2 years for just over 1 years pay. Gattuso will not be earning even 2 million net now & Zambrotta will earn even less. Pato also only earns 2.5 million net & that was when he signed his last contract around 20 months ago. Ambrosini also earns nowhere near 3 million net & his on well under 2 million or Milan would not have given him a new contract. Antonini also earns 0.8 million net & not 1.5 million & Milan would not give him more. Van Bommel also earns nowhere near 3.5m net. Cassano earns 2.7 million & not 3 million. Bonera was given a new long contract on nowhere near 2 million.

I would say that nearly every figure is inaccurate & all overstated even Ibra is on just under 8 million & not 9m & took a massive paycut when signing for Milan.

Milan offered the older players new contracts & they where all much lower you would have thought that Gazzetta would realise this.

Who would ever forget when Digao was quoted 1 million net when he was on 0.2 million.

Tax is also around 43% & not just doubling figures like Corriere Dello Sport have.

Anyone who does'nt know what is happening could have made better estimates than these pillocks.

I also do not know where Gazzetta gets the 160m overall figure from it is like I have guessed every other figure I will now just put spin on the top & add the staff salaries to make it even more bull than it already is.

Last edited:

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
OMG, Please sell Flamini or terminate his contract

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many season tickets have been sold?

I remember before the start of last season we used to get a regular update, but now it has been very quiet. Dissapointing numbers maybe?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many season tickets have been sold?

I remember before the start of last season we used to get a regular update, but now it has been very quiet. Dissapointing numbers maybe?

no i heard we have 20% more then last year and it cant be bad + we incrased tickest price.

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Is Taci Oil gonna be our shirt sponsor now? Does the sale of Milan shares be good?

Schedule