The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.



View Poll Results: What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?
We haven't done much, but the management know what they're doing. I trust them. 80 34.93%
Very disappointing. I thought we'd be much more swifter. 123 53.71%
Other 26 11.35%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2007, 18:24   #121
Tsar
Banned
 
Tsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Exile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
@Tsar

You obviously aint too updated on the Suazo case. Abidal was never considered a PRIMARY target.

Ronaldinho and Eto'o are primary targets. Both of which are destined to stay at Barcelona not as a result of Milan's poor transfer strategy but to the desire of Barcelona president Laporta claming both are indispensible for the club. I don't understand how in this case you can label this a failure when Berlusconi is willing to splash out 100m on either player. Same case with Kaka. Nothing you can really do. They've tried as much as one could possibly try to buy two of the best players in the world.

Pato has been monitored by Milan over the past 6-12 months. His name isn't foreign to most of us who are up-to-date with Milan's transfer activities in recent times and is still listed along with Ronaldinho and Eto'o's of players we still hope to purchase in the current transfer window.

Tsar, if you have any knowledge about the transfer market you would realise that the biggest transfers are done in the closing week, not to mention the last day. Milan's transfer activities are still on going and in football anything can happen, another fact which you should be familiar with. I can't understand how you come to the conclusion that Milan's transfer policy is one of failure when there is still shit loads of time till the close of the window. Only then can you consider our policy one of failure or success.
Abidal was the first player Milan made an offer for this Summer, if that doesn't class him as a primary target then what does? Pato has been scouted for some months - but no official approach was made until the primary targets of (once again): Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Suazo, Henry & and Drogba as well actually, failed.

Oh, and making your primary targets players that you can never sign kind of shows a weakness in transfer policy i'm affraid.

So again, (and this time try not and defer from the simple answer that is needed) : How can you dispute the strategy of the club to sign its ideal players is not a failure when it has failed to sign all of its primary targets?

Saying there is still time left in the window just isn't a reason because there could be all the time in the world and it wouldn't change the fact that the primary targets are now impossible to sign after they all moved elsewhere or commited to their clubs. Doesn't matter if the club can still sign X,Y & Z, because they wanted A, B & C - which didn't happen. So the policy to sign players employed by the management didn't work, to dispute that is disputing fact and logic.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 18:55   #122
KakatheSublime
Primavera Player
 
KakatheSublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Default

I wonder, though if some of the so-called transfer policy is a result of the belief that Milan have already "added" to their team by having Ronaldo available for CL? While that signing took place mid-season, it is almost as if it is a signing now given that Ronaldo is no longer cup-tied to another team. I look forward to seeing some others getting some playing time (e.g. Gourcuff).

I do have to agree somewhat with the strategy to name primary targets who are not signable as somewhat disingenuous. Again, though, I wonder if Galliani's statements about his "primary" targets is a smoke screen. Who knows?

I guess we will have to see how it all plays out.
KakatheSublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 19:51   #123
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G
 
crazy4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakatheSublime
I wonder, though if some of the so-called transfer policy is a result of the belief that Milan have already "added" to their team by having Ronaldo available for CL? While that signing took place mid-season, it is almost as if it is a signing now given that Ronaldo is no longer cup-tied to another team. I look forward to seeing some others getting some playing time (e.g. Gourcuff).

I do have to agree somewhat with the strategy to name primary targets who are not signable as somewhat disingenuous. Again, though, I wonder if Galliani's statements about his "primary" targets is a smoke screen. Who knows?

I guess we will have to see how it all plays out.
Of course Ronaldo is consider a new signing by Milan...I think Galliani already said that in an interview about a week ago.

About the transfer policy-ok so they want to sign a "superstar"...how about remembering we have lots of injury prone players, and we are going to play several competitions this year? Don't they know we need other players in other positions (defenders-midfielders)? Are we really just expecting one superstar from upfront midfield/striker? That's not going to be enough, if we at least want to win something apart the Supercup. And please don't tell me Digao is our reinforcement.

And those signings shouldn't be done till the end, when desperation it's at is best. And I think we have been somehow misslead to believe that the biggest transfers are done on the last week.....no they are not. As far as I remember we bought Sheva before the transfer window was open, we bought Pippo-Rui in June-early July-, Nesta being the exception here (all the rest of our 02-03 campaign were done early), Kaka-Cafu came in here in July, Crespo on loan came in early August, Gila was bought in mid-July and both Favalli and Gourcuff were bought in May-June, Oliveira being the other exception. Needless to see that all the big moves this summer have already been made. Also, it is dumb to do that move, you want the player to do the preseason with the team, specially if that player comes from a whole other league.

I'm not expecting this huge signing, I'm not really convinced about the idea of a superstar either (although I would have loved Eto'o), I'm just expecting some good signings to be made in places we need to...and not last minute panic buys like the one we had a year ago.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 20:09   #124
Matmil04
* I still Believe *
 
Matmil04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Italy
Fav. Players: kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan

And I think we have been somehow misslead to believe that the biggest transfers are done on the last week.....no they are not. As far as I remember we bought Sheva before the transfer window was open, we bought Pippo-Rui in June-early July-, Nesta being the exception here (all the rest of our 02-03 campaign were done early), Kaka-Cafu came in here in July, Crespo on loan came in early August, Gila was bought in mid-July and both Favalli and Gourcuff were bought in May-June, Oliveira being the other exception. Needless to see that all the big moves this summer have already been made. Also, it is dumb to do that move, you want the player to do the preseason with the team, specially if that player comes from a whole other league.
Interesting.... i thought Kaka was bought at the end of August ..nevermind, you have a point there, the fact that not doing the preseason with the new team may harm his performance and his understanding with the team but on the other hand the player has already done preseason with his old team so that might give him an advantage to insert himself in the best way possible, seeing that athletism and freshness are the most important factor when you start a new season...

So i woudnt say that all the big moves have been done


Signature
.................................................. ...........
Milan Milan perchè siamo sempre con te
sei la fede più grande che c'e
dalla curva lassù grideranno di più
perchè in campo ci sei solo tu
.................................................. ............
MILAN!
Matmil04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 01:34   #125
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G
 
crazy4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matmil04
Interesting.... i thought Kaka was bought at the end of August ...
He came like in the last week of July because he was playing the Gold Cup with Brazil, but he was ours some weeks (maybe months) before.

Eitherway, I'll wait till August 31st to see how we handled our transfer policy, and I won't judge our transfers till the end of the season, when one can really judge them (maybe just state "nah, he wasn't the one we needed", or "yey! we got him").
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 02:12   #126
MilanEqualsLove
-.Mrs Nesta.-
 
MilanEqualsLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stockholm
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Zlatan, Prince
Default

Ive given up on this summers transfer, I was hoping that we would get a new young midfielder and a defender, but it doesn't seem to happen. So I'm just gonna close my eyes and go to sleep and hope for all the best.


Signature
AC Milan, Always. ღ
MilanEqualsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 02:17   #127
Faяouk
Banned
 
Faяouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Default

Policy? What policy? Do we have a transfer policy for this season?

First of all, in order to have a "policy" you should look at what you lack, what you need, and what is the surplus.

- We have three goalkeepers ready for next season which is just enough.

- We've got 5 CB's which is more than enough, all fit and ready adding to that they have the experience and the class to play for AC Milan so no troubles.

- We've got % WB's which is more than enough for any team. But, in our case we have three players that are past it: Cafu, Serginho, and Favalli. So we have just the two we start with... and Jankulovski lacks the defensive side. So we need a RWB to replace a grandpa we have in Cafu; and a LWB with a great defensive qualities.

- We've got three holding midfielders: Gattuso, Ambrosini, and Brocchi. Brocchi is a surplus and should go.

- We've got Pirlo and Gourcuff in the center of midfield which is just enough.

- We've got two attacking midfielders in Seedorf and Kaka. We have no surplus and they could do just fine for next season, but if we have the option of buying a young one for future to step up and take Seedorf's place then no problem.

- Upfront we've got Inzaghi, Gilardino & Ronaldo. Which shows our lack of strikers and our desperate need for a young Ronaldo/Sheva type of striker. No one would mind two also.

- Add to that about one or two fringe players that should be bought in case of injuries/suspension.

So, to sum it all up... we need to get rid of:

- Cafu
- Favalli
- Serginho
- Brocchi

And buy:

- RWB
- LWB
- MF [any midfielder as a fringe player]
- FW
- FW [another forward as a fringe player]
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 04:35   #128
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Abidal was the first player Milan made an offer for this Summer, if that doesn't class him as a primary target then what does?
We made contact with Ba as well does that consider Ba a primary target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Pato has been scouted for some months - but no official approach was made until the primary targets of (once again): Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Suazo, Henry & and Drogba as well actually, failed.
Hence we have a back up in Pato. So obviously Milan have thought about this policy for a while if they have numerous backup options of the five players stated above. Pato was going to be purchased by Milan somewhere down the track. Though with Laporta's wishes at the present moment Milan have acted quickly and virtually signed Pato up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Oh, and making your primary targets players that you can never sign kind of shows a weakness in transfer policy i'm affraid.
Who's to say they can never be signed?
The same mob who claimed the same thing about Shevchenko remaining at Milan for the rest of his career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
So again, (and this time try not and defer from the simple answer that is needed)
Which is what you've obviously good at doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
: How can you dispute the strategy of the club to sign its ideal players is not a failure when it has failed to sign all of its primary targets?
Well I don't know... let's see... how about you pay attention to my previous posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Saying there is still time left in the window just isn't a reason because there could be all the time in the world and it wouldn't change the fact that the primary targets are now impossible to sign after they all moved elsewhere or commited to their clubs. Doesn't matter if the club can still sign X,Y & Z, because they wanted A, B & C - which didn't happen. So the policy to sign players employed by the management didn't work, to dispute that is disputing fact and logic.
What do you mean its not a reason?... Of course its a reason. Players are still on vacations and haven't made contact with their clubs to discuss their future. The same way Shevchenko committed to Milan?... You dish out the dirt on Milan because they are trying to sign the best strikers on the earth but that obviously isn't good enough. Are we all to expect you would do a better job in luring these stars to Milan?
If presidents of opposing clubs refuse to sell their players how is that Milan's fault?... are you questioning Milan's seriousness about purchasing players. If that's so then why would a president have to come out and say that his players are untransferable?

Obviously there has been various amounts of contacts being made and numerous offers tabled for him to come out and say that quite a few times in the past weeks. See this is where I feel you would be happy. You'd be happy if Milan sign mediocre players like Baptista just for the sake of Gazzetta Dello Sport claiming Milan transfer's In: Baptista.

Milan are pursing to sign the biggest stars they can. They have other options as I just mentioned like Pato (who was a player we were always serious about).

People state that no players want to come to Milan whereas 6 months ago we purchased two players we wanted in Oddo and Ronaldo.


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.

Last edited by acerвιc wιт; 19-07-2007 at 04:39.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 05:02   #129
Chuckles
Rookie
 
Chuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso
Default

hmmm

i think where pretty well covered in defence with:

CB: Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Bonera

RB: Oddo
LB: Jankulovski

maybe another RB or LB but we have 6 GOOD defenders. thus defence isnt a problem.

We are covered in the midfield aswell i think with:

Pirlo, Guttoso, Kaka, Seedorf, Ambro and Gourcuff allways improving.

Our only major problem is our attack.

Inzagi, Ronaldo and Gilardino and all GOOD.. but neither of them are in the worlds elite..

I think these players must go...


Cafu
Simic
Serginho
Favalli
Brocci

as much as i like cafu hes to old.. i would love to see him help us out in a defensive coaching area etc..
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 06:02   #130
project1967
National Team Player
 
project1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default

a little reminder about Abidal ...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=250747


" But Eric does not want to go to Italy because he feels that there is too much racism in the game there. "


no anti-Italian bigot . Thanks .

project1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 08:27   #131
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

Remember we also have players from the Primavera coming to the senior squad this season.

My only doubts were an alternative to Pirlo but we've seem to have that covered with the faith shown in Gourcuff, so I'm fine with that. Also a LB but we have three fighting for competition: Jankulovski, Favalli and the return to fitness of Serginho. Depending on how they play out the first half of the season we can also strengthen out side in January. I personally don't want a surplus with 4 potential LBs in the team same goes with the CD position. Our defense is the last aspect of the team we have to strengthen.

IMO we only need a very good second striker.


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 10:42   #132
Matmil04
* I still Believe *
 
Matmil04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Italy
Fav. Players: kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo

IMO we only need a very good second striker.
That might be Aubemeyang in case we fail to hit all our tranfer list


Signature
.................................................. ...........
Milan Milan perchè siamo sempre con te
sei la fede più grande che c'e
dalla curva lassù grideranno di più
perchè in campo ci sei solo tu
.................................................. ............
MILAN!
Matmil04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 11:05   #133
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

See I wouldn't mind Aubameyang as our 5th choice striker though he doesn't have the characteristics of a second/support striker which we should be aiming for.


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 11:38   #134
teis
Alice in Chains
 
teis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: belgium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project1967
a little reminder about Abidal ...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=250747


" But Eric does not want to go to Italy because he feels that there is too much racism in the game there. "


no anti-Italian bigot . Thanks .

But he goes to Spain

Isn't that the league where they stopped a few games because the crowd was screaming racist remarks at Eto'o


Signature
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 12:27   #135
Tsar
Banned
 
Tsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Exile
Default

San Paolo:

You still haven't given an acceptable response as there is still a huge inconsistancy.

Again the following were Milan's primary tragets this Summer: Abidal, Henry, Suazo, Eto'o, Ronaldinho with Drogba borderline as his contact was made straight after Henry and Eto'o. Forget Pato, Baptista, D.Milito, Rossi, Tevez, Fred etc and even Shevchenko - because these players, some of which no move has even yet been made, only became persued after the primary targets failed, thus despite how good they may or may not be, they are still second fiddle to the primary targets, as seen by the clubs actions. So i'm saying the failure of the policy in this sense is that it could not sign its primary targets, you say its not because there is still time left in the window, which isn't the case because signing all of those primary targets is impossible:

Suazo: Signed for Inter
Henry: Signed for Barca
Abidal: Signed for Barca
Eto'o: Commited himself to Barca
Ronaldinho: Commited himself to Barca

Those were the primary targets, all failed to sign for Milan, all can't now regardless of how long the window is be signed now. And you can't say its not a weakness in policy, because 3 of them did move clubs, with the other 2 as you yourself stated being impossible to sign due to Laporta, well wasting your time on impossible targets is also a weakness in policy.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 12:33   #136
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

*Mr Whippy song plays in the background*


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 17:10   #137
PUPO
Stiamo tornando
 
PUPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Default

Galliani announces: "Eto'o resta al Barcellona e anche Ronaldino. Non sono in vendita". Adriano Galliani sembra chiudere definitivamente la porta all'arrivo di almeno uno dei due assi blaugrana al Milan. "Il Milan ha una squadra forte e completa, cosi come è. Abbiamo Kaka, Ronaldo e Gilardino, l'attacco va bene così", ha detto l'ad della società rossonera.

Eto'o and Ronaldinho are staying at Barca, they are not for sale. Milan are strong and complete, we have Kaka, Ronaldo and Gila, we don't need more strikers.

He's gone mental or is it pre-tactics???? Enough bullshit for fuck's sake. Berlusconi promised us a big signing!
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 17:17   #138
Wild
*Rejuvenation*
 
Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lebanon-Beirut
Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupone#10
He's gone mental or is it pre-tactics???? Enough bullshit for fuck's sake. Berlusconi promised us a big signing!
I wont mind if this "big name" is a defneder or a left back or even a midfielder.
We need players all over & if its up 2 me defenders r more needed than strikers.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 17:31   #139
Faяouk
Banned
 
Faяouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
I wont mind if this "big name" is a defneder or a left back or even a midfielder.
We need players all over & if its up 2 me defenders r more needed than strikers.
A left back is a top priority. How can't they see that? Janku is a joke defensively and our future star Grimi is on loan.

If I get to pick, first is a left back, then a striker, then a midfielder.
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 18:34   #140
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner
 
Pirlo Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Barbados
Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Default

I think people are overreacting on this whole we NEED a LB business. Jankulovski was one of our better players for long stretches of the season. Actually I only recall one bad game and that would be the CL Final. Sure he has flaws but they were only exploited once, and he played well throughout the rest of the season, therefore LB is not a priority.

The priority for Milan is a striker, because it was our weakest department last season. If Galliani is serious about having Kaka moved into a permanent forward position then the target should become a midfielder. The other areas such as defence do need some reinforcement to cope with the long season and all our competitions but since we'll be promoting a few primavera players to the first team then they shall provide the necessary cover.


Signature


Stubborn silly people annoy me...
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:52.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.