Gilardino vs. Inzaghi

Who should start as the lone striker in Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Gila for the Final.

No, Pippo is better.

And when Gila sucks...

And when Pippo blows...​

Gila bashers: "FUCK GILA!"

Pippo bashers: "Fucking retire please you OLD asshole!"​

This is bullshit.​

Yawn.

The title of this thread already shows who is more favoured by the fans. Pippo and Gila are not the best strikers in Europe at this time but the thing is, when they get a chance to play, they try. Even Carlo Ancelotti can't decide who to play, and whoever plays, I support that one. People say Milan's solo striker in the Final is only a call-bird, yeah sure, and a call-bird can be harmful sometime *whitsling*.

Last edited:

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
oh wow! you got my respect.
that is true, we should support and backup every rossoneri!

Last edited:

KakatheSublime

Primavera
Reaction score
I think that Pippo gets more respect from opposing teams (he was heavily marked by ManU) and for that he has more value because his drawing the defense's attention means that Seedorf, Kaka, and Pirlo have more room to do their magic.

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Ancelotti facing attacking dilemma ahead of Athens
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti is facing an attacking dilemma ahead of the Champions League final showdown against Liverpool in Athens on Wednesday.

The Rossoneri cannot play Ronaldo, who is cup-tied due to his earlier involvement with Real Madrid, and Brazilian Ricardo Oliveira is out of form, so Ancelotti has to decide who will partner Kaka up front.

Veteran Italy forward Filippo Inzaghi could be the man Ancelotti relies on to fire his side past the Reds, with the 33-year-old having more experience in key games than his fellow World Cup winner Alberto Gilardino.

'I have not made my decision yet on the attacking front,' said Ancelotti.

'I will have to evaluate the physical condition of both players. It is probably the most difficult choice to make.

'Inzaghi and Gilardino both done their part to merit a place in the final.'

Inzaghi missed the epic final against Liverpool two years ago through injury.

This would be the first Champions League final for Gilardino, who joined the Rossoneri from Parma in the summer of 2005.

'From a psychological point of view, Inzaghi is favourite because he has more experience in finals than Gilardino,' said Ancelotti.

'Gilardino is nevertheless very good in the fast counter-attacks and on one-on-ones, while Inzaghi is more of a finisher.'

The 33-year-old Inzaghi has scored four goals in Europe this season, two more than Gilardino.

Inzaghi played a pivotal role in his team being crowned European champions back in the 2002-03 campaign, scoring 12 goals in 16 appearances.

'I hope my players have the intelligence to understand the choice I have to make,' added Ancelotti.

'I think both know the responsibility I have in making this choice.

'One possibility which depends on how the game develops is to start with Gilardino and replace him with Inzaghi during the game, or vice versa.'

However, the bulk of the responsibility will rest on the shoulders of 25-year-old Brazil playmaker Kaka.

He is having his best season yet and is the current top scorer in the Champions League this campaign with 10 goals.

It was his goal early in extra time that saw Milan past Celtic in the first knockout stage, while he was instrumental in both legs of the semi-final against Manchester United.
COMPLETE ARTICLE

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
To me the choice has always been clear :pippo!!
However it must be said that Gila is improving with the introduction of Ronaldo and Ronaldo-Gila works like a charm

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Wild said:
There is no better between em but there is who is worse & Pippo is.
So , its Gila 4 the final.
LOL. Thanks for dragging up this thread who ever you are. This made me laugh alot. :D :spank:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Tsar said:
LOL. Thanks for dragging up this thread who ever you are. This made me laugh alot. :D :spank:
Whoa! Why was he banned? If you're going to pull up the feud he and Besi had, then Besi is just as deserving of a ban.:mad:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
ZD_Banana said:
Now Lets call that something that Gila can never have.
;)
As for facts , and support and skill , Pippo is the better Choice and Gila seems like a shaved **** nowadays :mad:

lmao..San Paolo uses the word **** n all of a sudden you think its cool to (for the millionth time) copy someone. Not to mention some people got banned for using it(not the whol reason but a partial reason i guess). use your head mate

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Ricky Kaká, Maldini
My vote goes to Pippo Inzaghi, the player Alex Ferguson said was "born offside".
Pippo might not be the best fotballer in the world, with the best skills... But he scores a lot of goals, and he's always at the right place.

Gila is a good striker too but I think Pippo is the best! ;)

atza|milanist

AC Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini forever, PIRLO, Kaka, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Nesta
Alberto Gilardino. Because,he scores more goals,at the moment. In history-Inzaghi,definitely.

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
Neither....:D:D

Inzaghi almost past his best...bur for 'positioning' he's the best....
Super Pippo never dies....hahaha...

Gila still can't reach his potensial...
If Gila can learn from Pippo n Ronaldo experience....
Gila could be world class striker...definitely!!!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
paijo17 said:
Neither....:D:D

Inzaghi almost past his best...bur for 'positioning' he's the best....
Super Pippo never dies....hahaha...

Gila still can't reach his potensial...
If Gila can learn from Pippo n Ronaldo experience....
Gila could be world class striker...definitely!!!

Inzaghi for what has he done in his career .Gila is shit ,he is just one of does players who play for small teams and the whole team plays for them ,get sold to a top league team for a alot of cash and fail to leave up to the money spend on them.

And don`t bother arguing just look at gila stats since he came,if does are stats for a world class striker then ....

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
^^I said 'could be' not right now....:D:D

Yeah...agree wad u said about inzaghi.....
He've already got everything in his career....

Hopefully..Gila will play better dis season....:D:D
Just wait one more season....hahaha....:peace:

Reaction score
even though inzaghi is nowhere as good as he was in 2002/2003, he's still better, much better to be honest, he does exactly what carletto expects him to, the man scores, and that what really counts...

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Attachments

• B0KHlgJCUAEmj1Z.jpg
    B0KHlgJCUAEmj1Z.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 6

Schedule