Is Allegri the man for the job?

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
This thread should have been closed a long time ago to prevent such idiots from posting

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Allegri has a better record than Leo, and Carlo when he won Scudetto back in 2004. However, Carlo did really well by only having 2 losses in the season - I hope that Milan won't lose in the last 3 games.

I'm not bashing Carletto, I'm saying Allegri obtained more points only because there's 38 games in Serie A now, not 34.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Close this thread :b:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
i dont think so
we deserve better one with eurpean experienc like ricard

******** shit. Just cause we lost a CoppaItalia match? Come on, bet you were jizzing all over allegri's photo when we won the league last sat.

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
:fp: Should not have fielded Seedorf and Pirlo together, when is he going to learn this, well for the next year, let go of Pirlo and even Seedorf.
:cry: whatever people may say about Coppa Italia being shit, fact is Milan missed out on a trophy and a chance to beat Inter once more.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
:fp: Should not have fielded Seedorf and Pirlo together, when is he going to learn this, well for the next year, let go of Pirlo and even Seedorf.
:cry: whatever people may say about Coppa Italia being shit, fact is Milan missed out on a trophy and a chance to beat Inter once more.

I fully agree, and especially the bold part is a nice choice of words.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Close thread already plz, nuff said :o

He won Scudetto this year, what other proof do you want?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Allegri has a better record than Leo, and Carlo when he won Scudetto back in 2004. However, Carlo did really well by only having 2 losses in the season - I hope that Milan won't lose in the last 3 games.

I'm not bashing Carletto, I'm saying Allegri obtained more points only because there's 38 games in Serie A now, not 34.
Since there were different number of game played when we won in 2004 (34 games) vs 2011 (38 games with 37 already played), let's look at the average number.

Average point per game
2004 : 2.41 (82 points from 34 games with 25 W, 7D, 2L)
2011 : 2.19 (81 points from 37 games with 24 W, 9D, 4 L) > could go to 2.21 if we win the game vs Udinese

Average goals scored per game
2004 : 1.91 goals/game (65 goals in 34 games)
2011 : 1.76 goal/game (65 goals in 37 games) > this season's squad must score 6 games vs Udinese to better 2004's squad in this department.

Average goals conceded/game
2004 : 0.71 (24 goals in 34 games)
2011 : 0.65 (24 goals in 37 games) > Udinese need to score 3 goals in the next game to make 2004's team better than this season's.

Curiously, at this moment with 37 games played, the number of goals scored and conceded are exactly the same with the total that 2004 had in entire season: 65 - 24. It means 2011's squad took 3 more games to score the same number of goals (65 goals) that 2004's team did. While on the other hand, 2004's team conceded more goals with 3 more games than 2011's team.

Other stats (number of clean sheet games, number of players scoring, winning streak etc) that can be brought about will be hard to measure due to the different number of games.

One last thing, it's true that in 2004 we lost 2 games but the 2nd loss vs Reggina away took place after we already won the scudetto and we fielded mostly the 2nd squad with the likes of Abiatti (how things change now), Simic, Kaladzhe, Redondo, Brocchi and Boriello playing.

So judge for yourself :)

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This thread should not be closed till he brings Champions league home.

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
i think we were quite better in 2004. but imo the strength of the 04 team was miles ahead of this one, we're talking about a team that terrorised europe for the best part of a decade. the squad was better in every department, especially the midfield. defense personnel wise was way better too, which makes allegri's defensive achievements the more impressive. on the other hand, serie a has dropped down in level also so it's quite hard to compare sides

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i think we were quite better in 2004. but imo the strength of the 04 team was miles ahead of this one, we're talking about a team that terrorised europe for the best part of a decade. the squad was better in every department, especially the midfield. defense personnel wise was way better too, which makes allegri's defensive achievements the more impressive. on the other hand, serie a has dropped down in level also so it's quite hard to compare sides

Also in 2004, serie A would have been much more competitive with Juventus in full flow.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Also in 2004, serie A would have been much more competitive with Juventus in full flow.

This,there`s really no contest between Milan 2004 &Serie A 2004 vs Milan&Serie A 2011.Its sad to say but this team and Serie A is about at 50% of what it was back then.

Schedule