Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
He did that to himself though. Clearly publicly showing Milan as his side chick, while Raiola/money being his wife.

Tbf, he is amazing this season so far. World class

I’m so tired of this “he brought on himself”-argument. Mirabelli and Fassone clearly thought they could screw him over and Raiola called their bluff and got his client the salary he deserved. Look at how much Juventus and PSG pay De Ligt and Mbappé - Donnarumma’s talent is up there with theirs and like them he is the most talented player on his position. It’s shameful how people call him “Snake” and “Dollarumma” when in my opinion he deserves to be called “Capitano”.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m so tired of this “he brought on himself”-argument. Mirabelli and Fassone clearly thought they could screw him over and Raiola called their bluff and got his client the salary he deserved. Look at how much Juventus and PSG pay De Ligt and Mbappé - Donnarumma’s talent is up there with theirs and like them he is the most talented player on his position. It’s shameful how people call him “Snake” and “Dollarumma” when in my opinion he deserves to be called “Capitano”.

Juve went full ****** this summer by handing out those contracts to De Ligt & Rabiot(actually it began last summer with CR & Can). All the savviness in that club went out the door with Marotta. They now have a scout as Sporting director(their own Mirabelli), an ex-player who's only there because he used to play for the club, and a CEO who earned his position by being his father's son.

Mbappe is a striker.

F&M/Raiola turned Dolla into the best paid GK in the world - at 18.
6+1m was the highest net salary in the world before De Gea's renewal this sumer

Dolla has the right to allow Raiola stoop to his usual shameless, sociopathic levels - and drag the whole Dollarruma family down with him - against the club he's supposedly a fan of who also made him a starter at 16 and in no way had mistreated him. That doesn't make him any less of a trashy cunt though.

I'd forgive him if he keeps these performances up and renews without a raise.
But the contract expiration date is only getting closer.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:lol: You being tired of it will make it less true?
You can blame Mira and Fassone now all you want, but Donna + Raiola did this. You are lying to yourself to feel better :thumbsdown:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
A moment to mention just how good he has been this season, despite the mistake for the first goal. I'm very pleased that Gigio is continuing to grow.

And strong words today: https://www.football-italia.net/144648/donnarumma-milan-giampaolo

“It’s a defeat that burns. It’s a dark day and I struggled to sleep last night,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“Yesterday I saw the team give everything, I’m sorry for everyone, the fans included. We have to follow the Coach because we’re working well and we have great ideas on how to play. We must follow him.

“Giampaolo’s a great Coach. I’m sorry because yesterday we had a great game and we didn’t deserve to lose.

“We’re all with him. It’s normal to struggle a bit at the start with new ideas and new players, but we should continue to follow him. We’re all with him.

“After the first goal, we fell apart. We need to improve on this. If we’d remained compact, we would’ve been able to take the win home.

“However, we took a positive turn yesterday. We kept the ball throughout, so it burns to lose a game like that.

“There will be the game that marks a turning point and changes our season.”

The 20-year-old remains one of the world’s highly-rated goalkeepers, but is the Diavolo’s poor form affecting his displays?

“It’s only right that they expect so much from me, so it’s just as right that there’s criticism about me.

“I have broad shoulders that let me keep working like I always have done. It’s not a game that changes my season.

“I believe in the Champions League and we must do everything to get there. Milan deserve to be there.

“We’re a great group, a young team with a lot of hunger to get into the Champions League. We must all believe together.”

I want to see him becoming Milan captain one day.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I want to see him becoming Milan captain one day.

If he renews for 6-6.5mil for 5 years with 150mil release clause then he can be viewed as future captain material - basically when we sell Romagnoli.

Till then - no

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
If he renews for 6-6.5mil for 5 years with 150mil release clause then he can be viewed as future captain material - basically when we sell Romagnoli.

Till then - no

I think he's a much stronger character than Romagnoli. Eventually the transition will happen, if Donnarumma stays with us.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Gigi one of the few players who have and can demonstrate their self dignity

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
we should just give the 6m per season like he wants. he's one of the best in the business and worth it. also if we do sell him we'll make a lot more if he has a current contract with us rather than selling him on the last year of his contract, or even worse letting him leave on a free if he wants to.

so many inaccuracies here..

a. 'giving the player x amount like he wants' is exactly the reason why we're in yearly deficits despite buying shit players (especially the two seniles and dumb& dumber) and had to forfeit Europa league.

b. extending Donnarumma just so we could sell him was the leading thought during the last extension, and guess what? no bidders that were in the price range we wanted.
also, it's exactly posters like you who would say we can just sell him and during the season say 'no way we're selling him! he's our best player!!'

c. are you watching the current match between Inter and Barca? see what difference a coach makes? 6 million for a goalkeeper when our problems are WAY more serious than that is a joke and is a sign of inadaquet management. the only situation where it makes sense is if a CL finalist, Liverpool for instance, needs to strengthen their clown of a goalkeeper. for us that's not the case.

d. guess what? he's not gonna settle for 6 m with his pig of an agent.

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
c. are you watching the current match between Inter and Barca? see what difference a coach makes? 6 million for a goalkeeper when our problems are WAY more serious than that is a joke and is a sign of inadaquet management.

It certainly is interesting that the team manager is paid a 2 million salary while an 18 year old goalkeeper is given a 6 million salary + his brother was bought in and given a 1 million salary on his request. Especially considering the negative finances which excluded the team from Europa League.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I think he's a much stronger character than Romagnoli. Eventually the transition will happen, if Donnarumma stays with us.

Deffo agree he’s a much stronger character than Romagnoli and probably our whole current team . But I can’t think of him as captain unless he shows the commitment by renewing long term . Although tbf in this modern era I wouldn’t hold it against him if a Madrid Bayern type club come calling in the future and he wants to leave. Everyone has the right to realise their potential and have a successful career

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we should just give the 6m per season like he wants.

lol, that will just raise Donnaraiola's demands.

"If they're prepared to match the 6m+1m now with almost 2 years left then what will they offer when they get really desperate in the final year?:eek:"

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
lol, that will just raise Donnaraiola's demands.

"If they're prepared to match the 6m+1m now with almost 2 years left then what will they offer when they get really desperate in the final year?:eek:"

it should only be along with an extension of the contract

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
so many inaccuracies here..

a. 'giving the player x amount like he wants' is exactly the reason why we're in yearly deficits despite buying shit players (especially the two seniles and dumb& dumber) and had to forfeit Europa league.

b. extending Donnarumma just so we could sell him was the leading thought during the last extension, and guess what? no bidders that were in the price range we wanted.
also, it's exactly posters like you who would say we can just sell him and during the season say 'no way we're selling him! he's our best player!!'

c. are you watching the current match between Inter and Barca? see what difference a coach makes? 6 million for a goalkeeper when our problems are WAY more serious than that is a joke and is a sign of inadaquet management. the only situation where it makes sense is if a CL finalist, Liverpool for instance, needs to strengthen their clown of a goalkeeper. for us that's not the case.

d. guess what? he's not gonna settle for 6 m with his pig of an agent.

You know Ter Stegen makes 8.5m and Handanovic makes 6m per season right? Keeping Gigio for 6m per season is not bad and in no means suggests we shouldn't spend more and get a top coach? How did you possibly extrapolate that from my very short post you replied to? And why is that the tradeoff? In all realty, it's not gigio's salary that's killing us, it's spending 300mil over the past 2 years on mainly trash or average players and no top coach.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You know Ter Stegen makes 8.5m and Handanovic makes 6m per season right? Keeping Gigio for 6m per season is not bad and in no means suggests we shouldn't spend more and get a top coach? How did you possibly extrapolate that from my very short post you replied to? And why is that the tradeoff? In all realty, it's not gigio's salary that's killing us, it's spending 300mil over the past 2 years on mainly trash or average players and no top coach.

Handanovic's net salary is 3.2m according to the Gazzetta charts.
Where did you get 6m from? Gross?
In that case the Donna's 6m+1m would land somewhere around 12.3m with the Italian tax rate at 43%.

8.5m is Ter Stegen's gross salary.
That's approximately 4.7m net with the Spanish 45% tax rate.

Donna had the highest net salary in the world, between the GKs, until he was overtaken by De Gea this summer.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
In that case the Donna's 6m+1m would land somewhere around 12.3m with the Italian tax rate at 43%.

Donna had the highest net salary in the world, between the GKs, until he was overtaken by De Gea this summer.

ah didn't know they were gross salaries. well, I admit then it is high, you are right. But my opinion is still the same, I'd keep him for that price (would be nice for less, but if the choices are he doesn't renew or we have 6m/season salary I'd choose the latter). I could be wrong but it's just my opinion and I'd rather keep him and extend rather than lose him on a last year of contract sale or worse, leave for free at the end. Overall, it's like I said to the other poster I replied to, yes the salary is high (especially after you've layed out the numbers gross and net), but what is killing us more than this is buying trash for 2 years for 300mil and not having a legitimate coach.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
that 6+1m contract was a real panic move by 2 old farts and a brilliant move by Raiola

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

Pretty sure that wasn’t the case. I remember reading when he signed the contract that he was the third best paid GK in the world after De Gea and Neuer.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure that wasn’t the case. I remember reading when he signed the contract that he was the third best paid GK in the world after De Gea and Neuer.

De Gea's annual net salary in the beginning of this season was roughly €6.4m(I arrived at that number from £200k a week, pre-tax).

Donna's 6m+1m net is a bit more than that, unless you think Tony earned his 1m net salary(same as Abbiati's) at Asteras Tripolis in Greece.

You're right about Neuer though. He used to earn 4.5m net, but that number turns out to be dated. Apparently Bayern nearly doubled it when City tried to lure him away with a 20m gross salary.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

while i agree he is earning too much, i don't understand this logic. we are not a mid-table team who have no relegation threat and no CL ambition who can get away with selling anyone. every point counts for us. GK can contribute as many points as anyone else in the field. if a relegation team has good goalkeeper, that goalkeeper can save them from relegation.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
There are three Italians in the final shortlist of 20, represented by Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, Roma midfielder Zaniolo and new Everton signing Moise Kean.

Golden Boy 2019 Finalists

Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus, Netherlands)

Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich, Canada)

Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan, Italy)

Ansu Fati (Barcelona, Spain)

Philip Foden (Manchester City, England)

Matteo Guendozi (Arsenal, France)

Erling Haland (RB Salzburg, Norway)

Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany)

Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid, Portugal)

Dejan Joveljic (Eintracht Frankfurt, Serbia)

Moise Kean (Everton, Italy)

Kang-in Lee (Valencia, South Korea)

Andrij Oleksijovyc (Valladolid, Ukraine)

Danyell Malen (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands)

Mason Mount (Chelsea, England)

Rodrygo (Real Madrid, Brazil)

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund, England)

Ferran Torres (Valencia, Spain)

Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid, Brazil)

Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma, Italy)

Donnaruma deserves this.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What's the latest on Gigio's contract extension? His contract expires in 2021.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
At his age this guy is a monster. No one mentioned how cool headed he was to stare down the penalty taker the way he did. He has such a high ceiling and if overtime he becomes more comfortable with the ball on his feet, and masters the art of positioning he can quite literally become the best goalkeeper in the history of the sport.
Hope he doesn’t let fame at a young age kill his motivation to keep improving. My personal wish is for him to become a complete keeper within the likes of Neuer. If he can master sweeper keeper, every top side will be at our door begging for him.