Week 3: Hellas Verona - Milan 15/09/19 20:45 CET

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He’s rotating Bennacer and Biglia.

I think it's more horses for courses than simple rotation. My hypothesis is that Biglia suits games where we expect to have 60%+ possession, and will play most of the game in the opponent's half. Space is limited, and the regista essentially needs more awareness and distribution ability from more or less the same line rather than mobiity.

Bennacer suits games where the field will get spread more, the regista himself needs to come forward and execute triangles with other midfielders and attackers. He's quite a lot like Sensi in that respect - he can deliver things ahead in the field as well as in front of the defense. When mobility is expected from the regista, play Bennacer.

I expect Bennacer to start against Inter.

Last edited:

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Except that Biglia isnt good for anything. Our team is static as fuck so no matter who u play, u never play Biglia cuz he's mediocre and slow.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Very Painful first half. We’ll have more space vs inter but frankly don’t see Rebic - Piatek - Suso doing shit vs their CBs. Just hoping they don’t embarrass us.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's more horses for courses than simple rotation. My hypothesis is that Biglia suits games where we expect to have 60%+ possession, and will play most of the game in the opponent's half. Space is limited, and the regista essentially needs more awareness and distribution ability from more or less the same line rather than mobiity.

Bennacer suits games where the field will get spread more, the regista himself needs to come forward and execute triangles with other midfielders and attackers. He's quite a lot like Sensi in that respect - he can deliver things ahead in the field as well as in front of the defense. When mobility is expected from the regista, play Bennacer.

Good pre analysis. I think it could suit him.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou

You are just creating some kind of phoney narrative for justifying Biglia's inclusion instead of Bennacer.
His first half performance was shocking, he was just coasting. He was rescued by the fact that Verona got a player sent off and played the second half behind the ball. A good, dynamic regista would have been constantly on the move looking for the ball and trying to create some openings. I saw more spatial awareness and distribution ability from Bennacer against Brescia than I have ever seen from Biglia. Like I said in a previous post I see this move as totally regressive and its the first time I had real doubts about what direction GP is going with this team.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
FFS, when will ppl realize that he is the reason why we are slow , boring & predictable?!!!
He is a statistic player , with an assist & a goal here & there.
But watch the game & you will pull your hair out cause of him.
He went MIA today during the last 30min & for the first time we resembled a team .... a midtable team but at least a team.
I don't like Suso either, but every coach seems to be picking him so I don't really know what to say other than they want to bring out the assist and goals. We don't have any other player who delivers those consistently. If you take out Suso, who do you put in?

We'll probably see some experiments with Rebic, Paqueta and Hakan but don't get your hopes up that they will be much better.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
It’s concerning that the best we’ve looked so far was with Silva starting.

Cause Piatek is what is called a fraud striker, a one season wonder, if he gets 10 goals from open play this season i’m gonna name my future son after him :))))

He is not suited for a combining team, can’t pass, can’t create space, can’t hold up the ball, all he has is finishing and that is not enough anymore for top teams

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cause Piatek is what is called a fraud striker, a one season wonder, if he gets 10 goals from open play this season i’m gonna name my future son after him :))))

He is not suited for a combining team, can’t pass, can’t create space, can’t hold up the ball, all he has is finishing and that is not enough anymore for top teams

This is interesting. Will you name him Krzysztof or Piatek or IlPistolero?

I'd love to know how it sounds with the surname.. say your surname is something simple, like Smith or Jones or Khan or Patel. It'll actually be awesome.

Krzysztof Khan. IlPistolero Patel. Piatek Smith.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It’s concerning that the best we’ve looked so far was with Silva starting.

Andre Silva actually fits more in the “system” than the gunman

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You are just creating some kind of phoney narrative for justifying Biglia's inclusion instead of Bennacer.

His first half performance was shocking, he was just coasting. He was rescued by the fact that Verona got a player sent off and played the second half behind the ball. A good, dynamic regista would have been constantly on the move looking for the ball and trying to create some openings. I saw more spatial awareness and distribution ability from Bennacer against Brescia than I have ever seen from Biglia. Like I said in a previous post I see this move as totally regressive and its the first time I had real doubts about what direction GP is going with this team.

:thumbsup:

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I think the reason why Calabria's red card was correct and still standing, was because the offside situation before that, had romagnoli intercept the pass that would have made it offside.

https://streamable.com/vlnaw

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rodriguez had the fastest sprint because he dusted off his legs and ran full speed to stop a counter down his wing. There was no space to run for the majority of the match.

I’d imagine he’s faster than Romagnoli, Musacchio, Biglia (lol), Hakan, Suso, Piatek, and maybe Paqueta, though. Our team is SLOWWWWWWW

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Embarrassing performance. Apart from the 3 points I don't see a lot of positives. We were dire. Kessie was terrible. Only complete luck against a poor side stopped us from losing.

Rebic's miss could be one of the worst of the season. What was he doing.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Happy that we won, and that i didn't have to suffer trough another 90 + minutes of shite football.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Happy that we won, and that i didn't have to suffer trough another 90 + minutes of shite football.

you still here?

giphy.gif