All About Television

Reaction score
I agree that there is less overall so when I see established shows doing it (when they didn't start that way) it's more disappointing.

I am not a woke warrior - I have no issue with an all white cast. I welcome the diversity we have now but when it's some of these moves including diversity for diversity sake it just rubs me wrong.

FBI International started with two white agents and two agents of colour. The black guy Raines was the younger agent emerging under the guidance of the lead agent - no issue whatsoever with this.

The end of last season they introduce the white bad boy type agent and at the start of this season they hobble Raines on what I expect is to now play up this new character with scenes that would've gone to the Raines character in the past.

I just turned it off and don't plan to watch anymore. I have seen enough of that stereotype over the decades. There is much more stuff to watch.

Yeah, you're right, I remember all those old slashers where a group of students ends up in the woods, guess who disappears first - the black guy. It always pissed me off.

But in this case, it could be for a different reason. At least, I'd like to believe so. In a lot of shows I remember, they sometimes switch up characters.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Yeah, you're right, I remember all those old slashers where a group of students ends up in the woods, guess who disappears first - the black guy. It always pissed me off.

But in this case, it could be for a different reason. At least, I'd like to believe so. In a lot of shows I remember, they sometimes switch up characters.
Well you can let me know

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Tokyo Vice is pretty good but don't really like the white avatars the show uses - that is so last century, geez.
That said they did well to take the show more off the beaten path in some instances and like they didn't let Snow White and Prince Charming MarySue the entire show.

Rant Off

Now will start True Detective and hope Shogun minimizes the Gaijin angle.
Two of them were overkill especially Samantha character given how good Japanese actors. What a great crew Watanabe, sato,Tozawa, obayan

Some of them look like paintign esp Tozawa’s second in command and Miyamoto

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Mire (Polish) released their 3rd season on Netflix. That post/during Soviet background is so fabulous

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score

RIP

Loved DB as a child, I even bought some comics

Sad to read from Wikipedia that he got tired of his own creation... nothing last forever :(

Now I started watching the whole series of Dr. Slump

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
japanese littlefinger:proud:
Little finger is way smarter but Yabushige is more cultured a man who learns calligraphy to write his will every morning is something else.

This fucking show shows a glimpse of how wound up Japan was before it went full insane in 1900s.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
So .... 3 Body Problem - thoughts?

Not sure it's living up to the hype - found it very average and less enjoyable than some middle of the road series that have come down the line the last few years.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This show is so good

I love how him and Toranaga discuss the tactics openly understanding that each must do what they have to