The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Maybe, I like him better as well. But a signing like that gives me bigger Piatek vibes than Belotti.
We are targeting one of vlahovic, daka or the Brazilian kid. Belotti will come if ibra does not renew.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Sure hope Nostradamus shows up today :lol::lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
We cant rely on that old man next season.
Belotti for 20m is a no brainer

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
daka or the Brazilian kid.

Which Brazilian kid?

We never know the real targets with Paolo. All we can do is dream realistically. Or unrealistically, if your yungfreddy.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Well, during the season where Cairo placed the 100m price tag on him plenty of clubs were interested. None followed through, and after that I can barely remember being seriously linked with him.

We don't have to go into urban epistemology here, but "hate on" is not "hate" and it was meant more as a general defense of Belotti as a player, as too many two cent posters(not you) are just swinging by slinging shit at a player who hardly deserves hate.

I'm not a big Belotti fan boy, buy signing him for 20m this summer(given that we make CL) would in my opinion be an extremely shrewd move because he would complement our play and create depth with Ibra. When the wheels keep rolling and Leao look even better a year from now Belotti could either continue his great reign or see bench behind a new marquee striker.

We don't have to sign the new franchise name this summer. We need goals and usefulness in our tactical setup.

I'd prefer Vlahovic to Belotti actually, but the former will be very expensive and the latter has a better idea of what he's doing.

I think comparing Belotti to Gilardino, Pazzini, Piatek etc is missing the beat. He's a different player, more aggressive, more tactically aware, and a strong finisher. But hey, I guess we don't need one.

You were doing so well and then the bold :lol::lol::lol: ;)

I am probably along similar lines like you (though I dont like Vlahovic) and was just verbalizing why posters were just going "bleh" and "ugh". And yes I remember the 100 mill - but once again was there anyone seriously entertaining that other than Milan looking for a crack?

As long as supporters of Belotti are honest with themselves and not looking at it like he is going to explode.... I sure hope I'm wrong and he does or is at least productive.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he can 2 things decently well
-hold up ball decently well
-score

hes a midget so he will never head vs good tall defenders wich is all in cl pretty much ..(luckily pep is not a long ball guy he pref to outplay the enemy)

he cant dribble
doesnt have above average first touch
isnt a great passer or creativity or anything
not slow not fast

its way too limited...imo hes good where he is...serie a midtable

you had me at score

Andrea-Belotti-640x350.jpg

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
do people for real dislike the idea of getting belotti?

he's in his prime, he'd be average at worst and most importantly you're never in 10 men with him on the field like you can often be with some other strikers. he's relatively high IQ for a striker, he knows how to annoy defenders and draw fouls, keep possession up the field, not a bad finisher, works hard all game long, so even in games where the ball doesn't fall his way he'll always have some use

even if we make CL (and we will), we won't become the hottest new thing overnight. it'll take a while before we can attract and afford top players. until then it's perfectly find to collect players like belotti. hard working, decent starters that are well above league average and that can potentially become WC subs for top players if an opportunity to sign one ever arises

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Dusan Vlahovic.

40-50 mln. We dont have money for him.
I would like Darwin Nunez which is better player overall. But we dont have money for him either.

Bellotti if it is 25 mln is great opportunity.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

he's in his prime, he'd be average at worst and most importantly you're never in 10 men with him on the field like you can often be with some other strikers. he's relatively high IQ for a striker, he knows how to annoy defenders and draw fouls, keep possession up the field, not a bad finisher, works hard all game long, so even in games where the ball doesn't fall his way he'll always have some use

even if we make CL (and we will), we won't become the hottest new thing overnight. it'll take a while before we can attract and afford top players. until then it's perfectly find to collect players like belotti. hard working, decent starters that are well above league average and that can potentially become WC subs for top players if an opportunity to sign one ever arises

This.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
belotti = fat, ugly, oompa loompa

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Some of u re nuts.
Belotti for 20 or 25 s great deal. Who re u going to get in our position? Haaland? Belotti s good player, hardworker. Ibra ll get destroyed in high intensity games. Even if we get him that doesnt mean we wont get someone else. Improve this year with cl money and next year go for some wc striker.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

you argue with people who use pep and haaland in context of current milan
price of belotti is most important for me since he is not top4 ucl team player.

people should check last 2 transfer windows (winter and summer) - who were our top 5 most expensive players?? :lol:

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
you argue with people who use pep and haaland in context of current milan
price of belotti is most important for me since he is not top4 ucl team player.

people should check last 2 transfer windows (winter and summer) - who were our top 5 most expensive players?? :lol:

i gave extensive essay on why i dont want belotti wich had nothing to do with them and u bring up me liking haaland and pep? :balo2:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
i gave extensive essay on why i dont want belotti wich had nothing to do with them and u bring up me liking haaland and pep? :balo2:

in next 2 years we need to buy 2 cfs when we have limited budget
this summer we need rw, cf, backups of acm, cdm, lb, cb (someone who is faster than kjaer and romag after tomori).

5 most expensive players we get for this season:
rebic - swap
tonali - 10m (loan)
hauge -5m
kjaer - 3.5m
saele - 3.5m

i dont rate belotti but he is enough for being ibra replacement and 2nd striker after ibra. thats why i ask about his price.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
belotti ppl here are just like conte... for them aesthetics arent important :(

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Belotti - No thank you.

Rather have Timo Werner here than Belotti. Thats how much I rate him

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Too many dumb comments it's too hilarious and has too much a familiar smell to it.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Belotti - No thank you.

Rather have Timo Werner here than Belotti. Thats how much I rate him

I know you are joking, but Timo Werner is 60m, just like Morata...Those kind of players, which I don't rate at all, cost that much :lol:
Strikers are expensive af.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
40-50 mln. We dont have money for him.
I would like Darwin Nunez which is better player overall. But we dont have money for him either.

Bellotti if it is 25 mln is great opportunity.

Dusan Vlahovic

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Belotti has literally everything you need from a striker in the 4-2-3-1, if that‘s not enough it‘s on midfielders and wingers not creating enough for him than on the striker.

I‘d rather spend a big budget on the RW than on a striker who probably isn‘t even better than Belotti.

That being said not spending big on Chiesa was a massive fail in hindsight, he is expensive but absolutely worth it and would have been a perfect fit.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dusan Vlahovic

What is special about Vlahovic, he is just tall, if you want a tall player get Kalajdzic, he is 2m.
I can understand people wanting an Ibra 2.0 and having a hard on for skill. But f-ing Vlahovic? Belotti is a massively better deal than a one season wonder like Vlahovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule