Official: Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori Thread

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Tomori looks good but he is not better than Kjaer who's contribution is greatly underrated sometimes. Kjaer is the leader of defence, before his arrival we were very leaky and I think he has set a good standard for the rest of the defenders, he is focused and more or less consistent and he communicates well. Tomori is still raw, you see his defensive skills when its a dueo.. kjaer deals with the problems earlier and intervenes when its really necessary.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Tomori looks good but he is not better than Kjaer who's contribution is greatly underrated sometimes. Kjaer is the leader of defence, before his arrival we were very leaky and I think he has set a good standard for the rest of the defenders, he is focused and more or less consistent and he communicates well. Tomori is still raw, you see his defensive skills when its a dueo.. kjaer deals with the problems earlier and intervenes when its really necessary.

i think most agree with that. it's clear that Kjaer is our best defender, one of the best in the league at the moment. organizer, stabilizer of our defense.

the reality about discussions of Tomori (or Simakan) is it's not really about them but it's really a discussion of who of Kjaer or Romagnoli is seen as inadequate by the board and they want to replace? (yes spending 18M-25M on a player is not to be 3rd choice, this is starter's money for Milan)

so that's the underlying discussion going on.

i guess July will tell us.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think most agree with that. it's clear that Kjaer is our best defender, one of the best in the league at the moment. organizer, stabilizer of our defense.

the reality about discussions of Tomori (or Simakan) is it's not really about them but it's really a discussion of who of Kjaer or Romagnoli is seen as inadequate by the board and they want to replace? (yes spending 18M-25M on a player is not to be 3rd choice, this is starter's money for Milan)

so that's the underlying discussion going on.

i guess July will tell us.

I don't see a problem signing around 20 mil euros for the deputy of Romagnoli AND Kjaer. The gap between the starter and the bench for our CB was pretty big. The best bench we had only Gabbia and he was newbie last season (fortunately he managed to show his quality). Other were Musacchio (average quality struggled with long injury) and Duarte.

Kjaer is not young, he will 32 years old soon. Romagnoli on the other side struggled with injuries last season. They both really need backup(s). In addition, how we have been reacting in every competition by playing starters in every competition put more risk of injury for our starters. So, we do need 1000% a quality CB that could replace the quality of Kajer and Romagnoli when one of them is absent from the game.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Wrong thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Obviously a match to forget but damn this guy impressed me again

He’s so fast so aggressive and so solid defensively. Said this before but think the 28m won’t even seem that excessive for this guy if he proves himself

New T Silly

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Simply fantastic performance. His and Tonali's double slide was magnificent.

Reaction score
Fikayo Tomori made more passes (60) and made more clearances (6) than any other player on the pitch during Milan's 2-1 away win vs. AS Roma.

Yeay Love you

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Should be playing ahead of Romagnoli until further notice.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
97gac4clhak61.png

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Fabio Capello on Tomori : "As a coach I have always wanted a fast defender. Milan's history has always been built on defense, if you have a fast player it's lucky. A fast player is too important, Tomori's recovery of the first half on Mayoral was fantastic, without making a foul."

Capello su Tomori : "Io da allenatore ho sempre voluto un difensore veloce. Il Milan nella storia ? sempre stato costruito sulla difesa, se hai un giocatore veloce ? una fortuna. Un giocatore veloce ? troppo importante, il recupero del primo tempo su Mayoral ? stato fantastico, senza fare fallo

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
What a signing :love:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the long term solution. Love his pace but he makes really bad mistakes way too often, people will realise this once they start resulting in goals conceded.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t think he?s the long term solution. Love his pace but he makes really bad mistakes way too often, people will realise this once they start resulting in goals conceded.

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that he doesn't have the capacity to learn, that we don't have a good mentor in the squad and nobody in our management had said beforehand that we want a player with good one-on-one defending skills because the rest can be taught...

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that he doesn't have the capacity to learn, that we don't have a good mentor in the squad and nobody in our management had said beforehand that we want a player with good one-on-one defending skills because the rest can be taught...

lmao imagine saying that he can't improve or be a long-term solution when literally a post back there's a gif of him neutralizing an opponent in our box Maldini style and he's here for two months

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I don?t think he?s the long term solution. Love his pace but he makes really bad mistakes way too often, people will realise this once they start resulting in goals conceded.

What crock of shit.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
He gets caught out of position too often. Was at fault for ManU’s goal. While the tackle on Greenwood was very good it was a big gamble. Flashy slide tackles often overshadow less obvious flaws in a defenders game. I’m not gonna get fooled by this.
I like having him in the team because he brings characteristics that none of the other defenders have. Do I see him as a world class talent? Judging by what I’ve seen from him so far the answer is no.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we're all seeing mistakes, but we're only half-way into the trial. Also he's 23 and he has a different CB, LB or RB partner and position every week.

He doesn't just have pace but he's very good at anticipating and intercepting passes as well. He makes errors, but I don't see him shut off mentally. He's quick to recognize and rectify mistakes from not only himself but also others which shows he's mentally sharp as well.

The Manure goal... That could've been, and usually would be easily prevented with an offside trap. However Dalot was watching the ball while keeping Diallo onside, oh and he was instructing Krunic to keep an eye on Diallo while Krunic was watching the ball as well. Tomori spotted the run into his zone early and could've done better in that situation once he was ahead of Diallo, but that goal was more on Donna and Dalot.

I'm not concerned about him getting caught out of position. Our defenders are instructed to be aggressive and break plays at an early stage, and he's been better at it than our other CBs. Also he has recovery pace, unlike Romagnoli and Kjaer who've been caught out of position as well.

What's making me doubt that the club will use the 28m option is how error-prone he's been with ball possession so far in his career, but, even more, his difficulties in dealing with balls in the air. There were numerous examples of it in the Manure games, and also in previous appearances.
However he's an English CB. The Milan experience alone will probably do wonders to his market value among EL clubs. If we sign him I don't think we'll make a loss on him unless there's injuries.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Do you think Kalulu could be converted into what we want Tomori to be and thus we save that money or do you think management now only see Kalulu as a RB and will look for another CB if they don't acquire Tomori?

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
big mistake if they're letting him go. we won't survive with aging kjaer + roma/kalulu next season

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
he should definitely resta

reminds me of Ivan Ramiro Cordoba

great defender

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He seems to have a mistake in him almost every game. He made one in the Napoli game when he took his eyes off the ball (and he does this whenever backtracking) hence losing both the man and the ball. Removing your eyes from the ball halfway in the air to start chasing your man is a no-no.

If he sorts out his weaknesses he could be a really good defender