Rebic instead of Leao and we're golden.

So excited to have all 3 of Kessie Bennacer and Hakan back

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Rebic instead of Leao and we're golden.

So excited to have all 3 of Kessie Bennacer and Hakan back

We're golden if Rebic starts over Leao? We'd be golden with either of them or Hauge at LW for this game. Expect domination. Nothing less.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We're golden if Rebic starts over Leao? We'd be golden with either of them or Hauge at LW for this game. Expect domination. Nothing less.

Ok, we're diamond then with Rebic. Top of the top if hes included

Oh and Kjaer as well of xourse

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
wtf only 12 points from 20 games

Before Ibra arrived, Pioli had smt like 11 points in 9 games. ;)

:thumbsup:
Isn't it ironic? Accusing Pioli of being too predictable, one-dimensional and plain, while proposing something that is actually predictable, one-dimensional and plain and failing to recognize how Pioli's system actually works?

Im not accusing, Im showing the facts.. even Bologna with Poli got inside our box to score.

This team need guidance, is too young. Look at the struggle that was against Rio Ave, the easiest game of the season.. we needed like what? 200 hundreds penaltys to pass through..

I will keep saying, our defensive system is weak, inserting Tonali fixed a little, his covering is really nice.. we need a coach to put all the good players playing together.

Crotone is a very easy victory. He should try smt different.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Clean sheet, minimum effort, 3 points

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Rebic can stay on the bench until he finds form, Leao is better atm.

Agreed. We should give Leao as much playing time as possible. Especially since Rebic has been horrible during this season.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Before Ibra arrived, Pioli had smt like 11 points in 9 games. ;)
What's your point? The team was badly built, was Suso dependent and Pioli was working with a demoralized group of players that had nothing to play for. So what if Ibra was a catalyst to motivate the team and break the Suso dependency? How is this a negative on Pioli? Are you saying managers should start winning right away or else they're crap? Klopp had a few terrible seasons at Liverpool before he finally had a squad built to suit him. Why shouldn't we afford Pioli the same amount of time?

Im not accusing, Im showing the facts.. even Bologna with Poli got inside our box to score.
Even Bologna? So now teams aren't allowed to get shots on target? Serie A is a tough league and all teams will get a chance to be dangerous. We dominated Bologna all game with a lot of players missing and only really suffered when Theo made that mistake. Again, what's your expectation here?

This team need guidance, is too young. Look at the struggle that was against Rio Ave, the easiest game of the season.. we needed like what? 200 hundreds penaltys to pass through..

Funny you should mention that game, we were missing Ibra and it was very early in the season under terrible conditions. Anything can happen in one-off playoffs but we managed to win in the end in an experience that really bonded the team and showed we should never give up. Penalties (unless you're Kessie) are pretty much a coin toss (75% chance of scoring) and you really can't fault our players since we scored almost every single one of them.

I will keep saying, our defensive system is weak, inserting Tonali fixed a little, his covering is really nice.. we need a coach to put all the good players playing together.

Crotone is a very easy victory. He should try smt different.

Our defensive system is 'weak' because that's the risk we're taking. We challenge teams very high up because we are betting that we can score more. We are a very attacking and aggressive side. We can't be everything. We can't be a highly solid defensive side with a rigid structure AND a high pressing vertical side with fast transitions. It's called a compromise for a reason, you have to give something up to get what you want, and what we decided we wanted based on the players we had and strategy of Maldini/Pioli was a high pressing side that attacks quickly. I also don't agree that our defensive is necessarily weak, but we don't have to talk about that now.

No game in Serie A is an easy victory, and no he shouldn't try something different just for the sake of it. You keep winning by building on what works and fixing the small issues that crop up (currently how teams have started to isolate and target Theo with pressing traps). It takes weeks and months to start building the muscle memory and comfort in playing a certain way and we have been doing this now for more than a year. It's really shocking to me that anyone would suggest we make major changes now while we're first in Serie A and haven't even had our first 11 play more than once this season.

Edit: Also to say that Tonali has 'good covering' is a little extreme. I'd argue it's one of his worst qualities and a reason why we've suffered a bit since Bennacer is so much better in that aspect.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Rebic can stay on the bench until he finds form, Leao is better atm.

Agreed. Leao has been very good this season, this may go slightly unnoticed because of the VultureSheva situation.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Leao has been very good this season, this may go slightly unnoticed because of the VultureSheva situation.

Looked at in isolation, maybe. But Theo plays a lot better with Rebic ahead of him.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Looked at in isolation, maybe. But Theo plays a lot better with Rebic ahead of him.

Although I don't deny this is the case, Leao has also shown more as a team player this season. Also I don't think we should tie Theo's performances to Rebic being on the field, even tho they work well together. Theo must be able to perform with Leao as well, or have a sit down with Padre and Rafa at Milanello and figure out a gameplan that benefits both players.

Haven't seen more talent on the ball since Kaka, re: Leao. Always excites me seeing him in the lineup.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m so tired of this comparison. Leao is good and Rebic is good and if Ibra is playing we have to choose one over the other. At this point it doesn’t really matter who plays. If we need to press more then Rebic is favored, if we have to counterattack more Leao is favored. Either way we’ll have a great option at LW.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I thought this match was today. Wtfff

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Meite starter tomorrow. #Sky

#Sky Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Meite; Saelemaekers, Hakan, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
As reported by
@PeppeDiSte , Mister #Pioli would be directed to deploy #Meite paired with #Kessie . The ailments of #Tonali and the fresh recovery of #Bennacer , they would seem to push for caution.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'm OK with a Meite - Kessie pairing as long as we got Leao and Hakan in front of them.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A win is all that is important but I'd like to see a big win.

Forza Milan!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like even Hakan won't start, with Leao most likely behind Ibra again.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I?m so tired of this comparison. Leao is good and Rebic is good and if Ibra is playing we have to choose one over the other. At this point it doesn?t really matter who plays. If we need to press more then Rebic is favored, if we have to counterattack more Leao is favored. Either way we?ll have a great option at LW.

Yeah, it's pointless :D This is what depth looks like.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
What's your point? The team was badly built, was Suso dependent and Pioli was working with a demoralized group of players that had nothing to play for. So what if Ibra was a catalyst to motivate the team and break the Suso dependency? How is this a negative on Pioli? Are you saying managers should start winning right away or else they're crap? Klopp had a few terrible seasons at Liverpool before he finally had a squad built to suit him. Why shouldn't we afford Pioli the same amount of time?

Even Bologna? So now teams aren't allowed to get shots on target? Serie A is a tough league and all teams will get a chance to be dangerous. We dominated Bologna all game with a lot of players missing and only really suffered when Theo made that mistake. Again, what's your expectation here?

No game in Serie A is an easy victory, and no he shouldn't try something different just for the sake of it. You keep winning by building on what works and fixing the small issues that crop up (currently how teams have started to isolate and target Theo with pressing traps).

Edit: Also to say that Tonali has 'good covering' is a little extreme. I'd argue it's one of his worst qualities and a reason why we've suffered a bit since Bennacer is so much better in that aspect.

Klopp has a signature, a plan. What we have? Be in the semi finals of CL in the next 3 years with a 43 years old Ibrahimovic?

I really hope Pioli to be the new Sacchi. But honestly i dont see it, it doesn't showed any 'signature' on the field.

Im expecting a solid victory of atleat 3 goals over Crotone tomorrow. A team like Milan can't be crowed even by 1 minute for lads like Crotone(with all the respect).

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Klopp has a signature, a plan. What we have? Be in the semi finals of CL in the next 3 years with a 43 years old Ibrahimovic?

I really hope Pioli to be the new Sacchi. But honestly i dont see it, it doesn't showed any 'signature' on the field.

Im expecting a solid victory of atleat 3 goals over Crotone tomorrow. A team like Milan can't be crowed even by 1 minute for lads like Crotone(with all the respect).

Pioli signature is drinking espresso and shouting Bravo Ante!!!!! Who cares about a signature, we?re winning deservedly with kids and playing exciting attacking football. What more do you want?!

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So when thought we'd finally have almost our entire XI back, out comes the news that Bennacer, Hakan and Tonali wont make it :lol: :lol:

We're cursed this season, honestly. Don't you hear how it insane it sounds that we've only had our full XI for ONE game this season. ONE game out of 30 games or whatever we've played. ONE. Insane.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
So when thought we'd finally have almost our entire XI back, out comes the news that Bennacer, Hakan and Tonali wont make it :lol: :lol:

We're cursed this season, honestly. Don't you hear how it insane it sounds that we've only had our full XI for ONE game this season. ONE game out of 30 games or whatever we've played. ONE. Insane.

Napoli away springs to mind. We had full XI and won 1-3.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoli away springs to mind. We had full XI and won 1-3.

Yup, that's the one and only game we've had our full XI avaiable. And we were untouchable in that game. Top of the top.

Schedule