CL round of 16 2nd leg: Barcelona (4) vs AC Milan (0) - 12/3/2013

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We won first leg 2-0, credit to a great performance by coach and team. We surely can't win at nou camp, I just hope if we lose, it'll be to a 1 goal difference on aggregate. Chances are very slim for us to qualify, but at least after first leg we have 0.01% hope. We injured the lion in the forest, now we are going to its den. God help us.

:D

edit: please keep in mind, we beat Arsenal 4-0 last year and they very nearly overcame that result in the second leg. Let's hope Allegri learnt his lesson from last year and this Barca side is over a 100 times better than Arsenal of last year. Definitely not over.

Last edited:

Yoda

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Start Niang from the start. His speed and cunning will bother them big time. Defensively, they are not all that and a bag of potato chips.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Please God, just PLEASE, let us pass this round!

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Start Niang from the start. His speed and cunning will bother them big time. Defensively, they are not all that and a bag of potato chips.

Hell no. He was a disaster in defence compared to Pazzini.

Same eleven as tonight.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Bring it on!!!

Yoda

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Hell no. He was a disaster in defence compared to Pazzini.

Same eleven as tonight.

WTF, Niang defends better than Pazzini and covers more ground. His counter attack potential is what will give us an edge. If Barca don't score in that first half, or they go too offensive and we surprise them with a fast counter they are done.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Niang definitely was not a disaster in defence. He came on and was involved in the second goal heavily. His speed, and skill set are important for Barca. He took on Puyol with only one touch and dropped him to the side before passing to SES. He's a smart player. Pazzini had an amazing game today versus Barca, his best in a Milan shirt maybe, but still, Niang offers more.

Next game we shall have Flamini and Nocerino back. I really would rather not play Ambrosini, we dodged a bullet with Ambro playing infront of Zapata + Mexes today, all those three made so many mistakes but luckily got away with them all. It won't be the same every game.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Thankyou Hitman

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
the same 11 will do. Pazzo from the start and Niang form 70 min.

I know we are kings of blowing the second leg but this time is much more different. even the 3-1 we got last year will send us through.

Yoda

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Niang definitely was not a disaster in defence. He came on and was involved in the second goal heavily. His speed, and skill set are important for Barca. He took on Puyol with only one touch and dropped him to the side before passing to SES. He's a smart player. Pazzini had an amazing game today versus Barca, his best in a Milan shirt maybe, but still, Niang offers more.

Next game we shall have Flamini and Nocerino back. I really would rather not play Ambrosini, we dodged a bullet with Ambro playing infront of Zapata + Mexes today, all those three made so many mistakes but luckily got away with them all. It won't be the same every game.

starters for me. Muntari...goal aside..not the greatest performance, no? Pazzini also didn't really do squad especially in the first half.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
my worry is barca's pitch.huge as fuck :mad:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
WTF, Niang defends better than Pazzini and covers more ground. His counter attack potential is what will give us an edge. If Barca don't score in that first half, or they go too offensive and we surprise them with a fast counter they are done.

no

we need to bring niang at second half where his fresh leg have advantage over defenders tired leg

also dont play flamini even if hes fit cos i feel he WILL get red card against barca

just same line up to be safe... and hope muntari fully gain his fitness level

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
starters for me. Muntari...goal aside..not the greatest performance, no? Pazzini also didn't really do squad especially in the first half.

pazzini and muntari were great

muntari was huge, really huge defensively.
a lot of balls won and came very high with the pressing.

and pazzini played a great target man role.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Show this to Messi, and scare him off:

constant.jpg

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
If our players are focused on this game like they were tonight.
I see no problem of going through.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
If Flamini is healthy he should play. having some speed in midfield would be useful, there were a couple times our attackers were isolated without having the speed to support the midfield.

we get one and they will have to score 4

We can do this!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
It's only halftime.

Same Masterful defense strategy, and even more focus and even more poisonous now.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Flamini is healthy he should play. having some speed in midfield would be useful, there were a couple times our attackers were isolated without having the speed to support the midfield.

we get one and they will have to score 4
We can do this!

Last year the situation against Arsenal was that if we got one, they would have to score 6. We ended up narrowly escaping. I think it is all about the right attitude approaching the match. No offense, but that kind of calculation might actually get the team into trouble.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
This is gonna be so hard to pull off. Pitch will be fast and they will be motivated as fuck.

What an amazing match this will be.
Lets go boys!!!

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
We won first leg 2-0, credit to a great performance by coach and team. We surely can't win at nou camp, I just hope if we lose, it'll be to a 1 goal difference on aggregate. Chances are very slim for us to qualify, but at least after first leg we have 0.01% hope. We injured the lion in the forest, now we are going to its den. God help us.

u should be banned for saying that :thumbsdown:

u dont believe in our team ??

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
i think hitman is saying this stuff cos it got us a 2-0 victory

this game is a few days after my bday which is good cos we always get knocked out on my bday (tottenham, man utd)

lets score 1 goal and keep a clean sheet

i want the clean sheet more than anything in the world

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
Barca will certainly get 2 pks. So we need to score at least once.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
Remembering of the 2nd leg in the Arsenal tie last year when we almost threw it all away...

None of that, please.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
alien-versus-predator.jpg

Lets finish this alliens off:star:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I like Flamini for Muntari. The pitch at nou camp is enormous and Flamini can run for days...plus, he can end one of the Barcelona players if necessary. Sadly, it will likely be Iniesta as he always plays well against us, yet he is one of the two players on Barcelona who I like (the other being Thiago).

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I like Flamini for Muntari. The pitch at nou camp is enormous and Flamini can run for days...plus, he can end one of the Barcelona players if necessary. Sadly, it will likely be Iniesta as he always plays well against us, yet he is one of the two players on Barcelona who I like (the other being Thiago).

flamini easily get red card with barcelona's style. keep squad the same the first leg, we only need concentrate, brave, run alot... the second leg is so different, i hope we have lucky

Schedule