Antonio Cassano Thread

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
sid said:
I prefer Casano than the old Bobo Vieri...

So would I usually. But i sense the rebirth of Bobo. I'm ready to accept him in a milan shirt.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I couldnt stay without sayin the joke of the day : Del Piero to Milan , Cassano to Juve

julia22

Life is now xD
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
hope cassano will join acm!!!! it would be great!!!

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
NeSTa_86 said:
i heard about alex del piero:{ not for cassano
And I heard for you not know English. :D j/k

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Cassano is about to sign a new contravt to Roma so that should put an end to these rumours. Ulthough it apparenly has a clause which would release him if a club made a bid.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
BRAIDA: 'We are covered in every role'
8/25/2005
A word on media reports about Shevchenko's possible departure: 'Sheva's name is always written about by the media but the truth is that Sheva has never been on the market and will never be. This club and president never sell their players for money. As for Cassano, we have four attackers plus Kaka and Rui Costa, so we have six players for three places. We can't add another, the squad is full. Also then it becomes a bit of a problem to bring in a third certain type of player. We are covered in all roles.'

acmilan.com

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
if Roma got Chiellini and Mutu + 13 million they'd be in a very good position....there's no way cassano was ever going to stay, and in Mutu they have a more than adequate replacement. Chiellini will probably Italy's first choice LB sometime, and with 13 million they could get some real strength in. I would take that in a heartbeat. This seems like a very un-juve like deal, though....i think a cassano-mutu + 5 mil swap is more realistic.

i'm actually really looking forward to seeing how Roma does this year....

---------mutu----montella-------
--------------totti--------------
--taddei----------------mancini--
--------de rossi--perrotta--------
-----chivu---mexes----kuffour----
-------------curci----------------

nothing wrong with that at all...i'd say with that line-up they're a 4th spot shoe-in.

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Congo Powers said:
if Roma got Chiellini and Mutu + 13 million they'd be in a very good position....there's no way cassano was ever going to stay, and in Mutu they have a more than adequate replacement. Chiellini will probably Italy's first choice LB sometime, and with 13 million they could get some real strength in. I would take that in a heartbeat. This seems like a very un-juve like deal, though....i think a cassano-mutu + 5 mil swap is more realistic.

i'm actually really looking forward to seeing how Roma does this year....

---------mutu----montella-------
--------------totti--------------
--taddei----------------mancini--
--------de rossi--perrotta--------
-----chivu---mexes----kuffour----
-------------curci----------------

nothing wrong with that at all...i'd say with that line-up they're a 4th spot shoe-in.
yup, plus tehy have cufre so they mite be a very entertaining team

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
Cassano is a very talented player whose skills can be very entertaining to watch...however he still hasn't learnt to be that effective to his team's cause and that is something which needs to be worked on. Will he come to Milan? I don't think so. For the simple reason that it is too risky at this point in time to bring such a player. Milan are obviously pointing on a Sheva-Gila partnership. Sheva is definitely irreplaceable and Gila needs to feel important to Milan before he can reach his devastating form he is used to-hence IMO bringing Cassano in would be lack of belief in Gila. Some have mentioned a possible attack of Sheva-Gila-Cassano and Kaka behind them. First time you hear about it you are interested in such a prospect, but really how feasible is this? There could be many problems....like for example wouldn't Pirlo's place be jeapordised and let's not be ridiculous as Pirlo is simply too great to be left on the bench. To play such an attacking quartet would mean that two defensive players in midfield are needed to maintain the equilibrium...probably Ambro and Gattuso....but Pirlo is clearly not a defensive player...he has fantastic vision of the game and does provide some cover but he is not aggressive enough to support such a formation. Besides let us not forget Vieri who is on his way to reaching his best form....surely we cannot bail on him now....he is earning his place. And for those who say that Cassano is needed cos Milan have noone to replace Sheva I'll say that Milan have already figured that out by testing Gila and Vieri together and the results were indeed positive. And let us not forget the 4-3-2-1 possibility which has worked wonders in so many occasions. Reports suggest that Inzaghi can play in about two weeks time....we hope for the best and there's is no reason why we shouldn't, but if the worst arises I think that Milan can resort to Ardemagni...he is talented and above all impressed me with the way he approaches a match despite his young age. In the past few seasons success at Milan has been based on order....it is too important for the team, and bringing a player such as Cassano may disrupt this order....it's a risk that is not worth taking...this season at least. But we'll se what happens...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
yonggoh said:
BRAIDA: 'We are covered in every role'
8/25/2005
As for Cassano, we have four attackers plus Kaka and Rui Costa, so we have six players for three places. We can't add another, the squad is full. Also then it becomes a bit of a problem to bring in a third certain type of player. We are covered in all roles.'

acmilan.com

Covered in all roles? its either another marketting ploy or Braida is a dumb ass!

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
No Cassano Move For Milan

Braida definitely put the word end on the Rossoneri’s transfer market.

The General Director of Milan, Ariedo Braida, has restated that the club will not be buying any more players, especially defenders, before the end of the transfer market on the 31st of August.
“We shall not get another defender, we are fine this way. We have a sufficient number of players to face the season. The age discussion means nothing, pitch performance is what matters in football, not the identity card. Maybe Maldini is not physically well, but the other defenders are.”
This also means that Milan will not make a move for Roma’s Antonio Cassano.
“We already have four attackers of first class. We cannot add other players to our squad, which is already complete. We are covered in every role, I don’t see the reason why we should make other purchases.”

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No Cassano Move For Milan

Braida definitely put the word end on the Rossoneri’s transfer market.

The General Director of Milan, Ariedo Braida, has restated that the club will not be buying any more players, especially defenders, before the end of the transfer market on the 31st of August.
“We shall not get another defender, we are fine this way. We have a sufficient number of players to face the season. The age discussion means nothing, pitch performance is what matters in football, not the identity card. Maybe Maldini is not physically well, but the other defenders are.”
This also means that Milan will not make a move for Roma’s Antonio Cassano.
“We already have four attackers of first class. We cannot add other players to our squad, which is already complete. We are covered in every role, I don’t see the reason why we should make other purchases.”

Source goal.com

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
DugiNesta, why do you post two same posts?

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
letta mathewos said:
DugiNesta, why do you post two same posts?

I made a mistake

gila#11

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka sheva gilardino pirlo
cassano to snub roma?

Antonio Cassano has rejected Roma’s offer of a new two-year deal, according to reports in the Italian capital this evening.

Stories in the peninsula on Monday night claim that the starlet has snubbed the club’s offer of an extension.

Roma are believed to have tabled a two-year deal, worth £2.5m a season, for the youngster to add his signature to.

However, Cassano has allegedly rejected the proposal as he is looking for a five-year agreement instead.

Talks are now set to continue given the problematic state of affairs regarding the player’s current contractual status.

The 23-year-old is only tied to the outfit until June 2006, meaning that he could leave on a free transfer in the summer if he doesn’t agree terms with the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

Cassano was heavily linked with a move to Juventus in the summer, but remained after no transfer was finalised.

The former Bari starlet is also understood to be a target for both Milan and Internazionale.

There is the possibility that Cassano could be frozen out of the Roma squad if he doesn’t come to some sort of agreement.

That would obviously affect his chances of making the World Cup squad, which would be a massive blow according to Paolo Rossi.

"Out of Alex Del Piero and Cassano, I would undoubtedly take the latter to Germany," the 1982 World Cup hero stated.

"However, he may encounter some difficulties in getting picked if he can’t resolve his contract situation."

maybe possible if it is gudbye vieri

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Roma: New Year move for Cassano Sunday 16 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma director Daniele Prade’ admits a January sale for Antonio Cassano is “inevitable” and reacts angrily to today’s defeat.

“We made an important offer that Cassano did not accept,” explained the official. “As far as we are concerned, the issue is closed. It would have been the second highest wage deal at the club, second only to Francesco Totti, and it’s not the kind of contract players are given nowadays.”

The Italian international’s current deal expires at the end of this season, so Roma must sell in the New Year transfer window if they are to get anything back from their £20m investment.

“After the statements made by director Rosella Sensi, I really think that a January sale is inevitable,” noted Prade’.

A move to Juventus is almost certain, although Real Madrid, Milan and Chelsea have also shown interest in Cassano.

source: channel4.com

So it looks like he is moving on in January. What do you guys think? I think it would be great if we get him! Would be a better option thn Vieri & Inzaghi. We can freshen things up. The price would be right and perhaps we can sign him along with 1-2 good defenders!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
is it possible? yes....
is it probable? no....
does it make sense? hell no....

should B+G do it? yes... :)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
He's asking a ver big wage, dont think we'll buy him. Personally I dont like him and I dont want him at Milan. :head:

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
I don't like him at all.
He surely has talent but he's arrogant and could cause problems to the team.
Arrogant players belong to Juve , don't they?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pupone said:
I don't like him at all.
He surely has talent but he's arrogant and could cause problems to the team.
Arrogant players belong to Juve , don't they?
Really ? I don't think he's more arrogant than your average football 'star',,, a good coach must find a way to handle individualists with one or 2 character flaws + exploit their talent to the benefit of the team, if Carlo can't do that.. well.. then maybe a 5th league team would be better suited ;) I'd love to see him at Milan, a less turmoiled environment than Roma's might calm him 'naturally', in any case he has sth to offer that Milan are lacking + that's creativity + 'youthfulness' :D

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
menon_inc said:
In what way? He is awesome. He just needs a good coach and team to bring out the best in him.

He needs to GROW UP and learn some discipline and respect for others!!! :mad:
Let him go to Juve we don't need him

Schedule