Cristian Zapata Thread

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
To be fair, CB shouldn't really be relied upon to make a lot of passes.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Makes some mistakes? Well, when our midfield and attack can't do shit, we'll look at Zapata with evil eyes for not being able to help us keep a draw, :lol:

If we actually played well and with a good lineup, we'd have beaten Genoa 3,4-1, and nobody would remember Zapata's passing ability or Roma's rashness.

I don't quite get it - Meelan finally has some good CB options and people rag and tear them down when we can't get much better :/

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
To be fair, CB shouldn't really be relied upon to make a lot of passes.

No, he has "bad/error" pass every 2-3 games and its not normal (not to mention about few misplaced passes in every games). He can kick ball to attack, to goalkeeper or outside the pitch but never in the way like with genoa game. Nobody will complain if not good at passing defender play in that way but being experienced and doing that kind of mistakes should eliminate him from milan long time ago.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i have no idea why Zapata always make weird pass, even average defender would pass the ball to GK in that situation

I would say Zapata isn't very intelligent compared to the CB's Italy and Milan are used to seeing.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Depends on the system. you'll be sold from barca or bayern if you cant pass, same thing for arsenal.

No, he has "bad/error" pass every 2-3 games and its not normal (not to mention about few misplaced passes in every games). He can kick ball to attack, to goalkeeper or outside the pitch but never in the way like with genoa game. Nobody will complain if not good at passing defender play in that way but being experienced and doing that kind of mistakes should eliminate him from milan long time ago.

Notice that I said "a lot of passes". I don't deny that making short passes is one of Zapata's weakest points, but it's also true that Milan's MF makes too many passes back to the CBs and gives them to much responsibility to keep possession, when clearly they're not quite capable of doing it.

It's like giving the keys to your car to a driver you know is bad, and then complaining when s/he gets into an accident.

I'm sure a bunch of you guys will suggest that dropping Zapata is the only choice, but to be fair, the rest of our bench aren't as good.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Notice that I said "a lot of passes". I don't deny that making short passes is one of Zapata's weakest points, but it's also true that Milan's MF makes too many passes back to the CBs and gives them to much responsibility to keep possession, when clearly they're not quite capable of doing it.

It's like giving the keys to your car to a driver you know is bad, and then complaining when s/he gets into an accident.

I'm sure a bunch of you guys will suggest that dropping Zapata is the only choice, but to be fair, the rest of our bench aren't as good.

But he is professional (not random person) playing for good team in good league so he should be long time ago away from here. And i never said mexes is less error prone than zapata or if alex is better since summer.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Zapata and Ely versus Napoli. I dont even know what to expect of it. Dont think we have even kept a clean sheet in 6 games this season.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nothing new about Zapata. His passing skills have always been atrocious.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Meanwhile the unwanted Paletta has been Atalanta's best Defender. Zapata is Zapata, While Alex has barely played and the less said about Mexes the better.

Just sayin'

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Meanwhile the unwanted Paletta has been Atalanta's best Defender. Zapata is Zapata, While Alex has barely played and the less said about Mexes the better.

Just sayin'

Decisions made about defenders are funny for me:
alex (slow), zapata, mexes (both unpredictable about passing or red cards) > rami, paletta?

GIF-WTF-DAFUQ-Tha-fuck-what-the-fuck-What-tha-fuck-GIF.gif

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

Just sayin'
I saw some of the match on Monday and I was like we are stuck with real idiots in Defence while Atalanta got our best defender from last season there.
Romagnoli + Paletta would be slow but assured.Paletta can organise too.Bad Decision from Galliani.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I saw some of the match on Monday and I was like we are stuck with real idiots in Defence while Atalanta got our best defender from last season there.
Romagnoli + Paletta would be slow but assured.Paletta can organise too.Bad Decision from Galliani.

Becoming more and more frequent these days. I would of thought it a no brainer that Paletta stayed and Alex left. Yes, Paletta + Roma would be slow but a lot sturdier on paper at least and could of worked.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
we should put this guy at CAM and tell his that he's playing for the other team

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
hehehe what did I said about his amateurish passes? Im gonna stop watching if this guy continue to be our starter for the next matches.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Criminal he's even starting

Vlad

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He is getting money for playing football.
Unbelievable !

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hehehe what did I said about his amateurish passes? Im gonna stop watching if this guy continue to be our starter for the next matches.

Here to laugh at milans misery again, will such behaviour be tolerated in the new era I wonder?

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Zapata got to stay while Paletta is at Atalanta and was going well.

Mind you Paletta lasted around 5mins against Fior before his red.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Clearly it was lopez fault. He still thinks he's surrounded by actuall football players like at real that managed simple tasks under slight pressure.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Game just started and first zapata's pass (lets build some confidence)
4r2mhd.jpg

lopez putting zapata under pressure (0-1)?
2qvdqwz.jpg

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Sometimes in Football, certain players never learn to pass.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I'm really sick of tour guide. How can a pro be so bad on the ball?