Week 19: Cagliari - Milan 11/01/2020 15:00 CEt

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We're in full disarray with a rumoured revolution going on in the transfer window. 12th place.

Probable line up:

Donnarumma
Calabria-Musacchio-Romagnoli-Hernandez
Castillejo-Kessie-Bennacer-Calhanogl
Leao-Ibrahimovic

Cagliari meanwhile are one of the better teams in the league this season.

Forza Milan!

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Called up:

GOALKEEPERS
Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G., Reina.

DEFENDERS
Calabria, Conti, Gabbia, Hernández, Musacchio, Romagnoli.

CENTROCAMPISTI
Bennacer, Bonaventura, Brescianini, Çalhanoğlu, Kessie, Krunić, Paquetá.

FORWARDS
Castillejo, Ibrahimović, Leão, Piątek, Rebić, Suso.

Press Conference:

Where can this Milan go?

"I don't know, there are 20 games available. We have to score as many points as possible."

How to relaunch Paquetà?

"I have to make Milan win. Paquetà can play the midfielder in a midfield at three, in a median at four he can also play the outside who enters the field. He is an excellent player."

When do you want the full squad available?

"The timing of the January market is particular. Obviously I hope to have another defender soon. We also have the Italian Cup. I would like to have the full squad available as soon as possible."

What do you want to see compared to Sampdoria?

"We have to play with more intensity. We have to be more incisive."

What is the atmosphere in the team?

"I hope you breathe pride and desire to show our qualities. It is a situation that we did not expect and that we want to change."

How is Bonaventura doing?

"He has been out for a long time, it is normal to have a drop. He had some problems, he was unable to train well and therefore his performance was affected. He is working to get back in shape."

Can Ibra advise you?

"The first thing Ibra told me is that he is here to be a player. I am a coach instead."

Why did you decide to sell Caldara?

"Evaluations were made from a technical and physical point of view."

What do you think of Suso's involution? Do you like Politano?

"I don't participate in media and public processes. I tell my players to believe in themselves even in difficult moments. How one copes with difficulties says what person and what player he is. We must react with pride. Politano? I don't talk about players who don't I'm from Milan. "

Exterior problems for tips?

"If we play with the outsiders with our feet inverted, it is normal that the crosses are different. But we also get a lot to cross with the full-backs. We must improve and create more clear scoring chances."

Is badness trainable?

"Everything is trainable. We focused our work mainly on the last 20 meters. We trained on this, trying to be as determined as possible. To score goals, you need quality and determination."

Are you worried about the few plants?

"We have three, there is also Gabbia. It is clear then that at least another plant will have to arrive."

How should I read the eventual change of form?

"When things are not going well, solutions must be found. If I change something, it is to try to be more concrete. It is right to try something new to solve our problems, first and foremost the goal".

Can market rumors distract the team?

"During the week I saw the guys concentrated. We can't afford to think about anything else. We want to win again tomorrow. We must not be distracted by the market."

Why did you put Krunic against Sampdoria?

I'd seen Krunic better than Kessie. I have to make choices, but it's not that those who don't play are out of my choices. Everyone who is here is part of the project. Paqueta? Now I am making other choices. "

What do you think of the market rumors on Piatek?

"If I could move the hands to the end of the market. We have to live with these rumors. We are only focused on tomorrow's games. Piatek is called up for tomorrow and therefore is available."

Dialogue with Ibra?

"It is normal that between the coach and such an important player there is continuous dialogue, a player arrives who has not trained with the team and therefore I have to understand what he needs to do more, for the position on the field, it is an added value and it has to be put in the right conditions to make it perform better. We took it to improve the team. It is at the heart of the project. "

Will Ibra play owner?

"I don't think he has a full game in his legs, then it's up to me to decide whether to start him from the beginning or not. I have seen him well this week, but he hasn't played for a while so it's normal that he doesn't have 90 'in his legs ".

Will we see the two tips tomorrow?

"We tried several things. The two tips are a possibility."

What do you think of the relationship between Ibra and Leao?

"From the great champions he can learn many things. Leao is not yet a complete player and having someone like Ibra by his side will help him grow more."

Is Cagliari the surprise of the league?

"Cagliari is doing a great championship. We know their characteristics well, we will have to be careful. We will have to be proactive".

What game will it be tomorrow?

"Cagliari is doing very well, despite the last defeats. We must think only of ourselves and go back to winning."

What week has it been for the team?

"It has been an important week. We have to turn the game volume into quality. Ibra has been working all week, he's fine, he's loaded."

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Low expectations but thsi is reality now.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Low expectations but thsi is reality now.

Yeh, feelings right now are win? Ok. Draw/loss? Ok.

Feels so empty

Only thing I look forward to is Ibra and Leao combo. But I know as soon as I see Suso and Hakan I'll flip

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I wonder where it all went wrong. I never felt like this when it came to milan. I am not even excited for the games anymore. Seeing stefano fucking pioli as the coach on the sidelines and these clueless bunch of players really fucks me up.

3 games goalless, please at least score a goal tomorrow

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
1-1 draw, Ibra scores and then we concede a stupid goal for nothing late.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Yeh, feelings right now are win? Ok. Draw/loss? Ok.

Feels so empty

Only thing I look forward to is Ibra and Leao combo. But I know as soon as I see Suso and Hakan I'll flip
Been like that since the Giampaolo sacking for me. This season isn't even interesting and I'm still getting mad about it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pioli press conferences are so dull. God I miss Rino. That man alone would make me feel more invested in this season despite the ruinous team building.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I have issues. I look forward to watching Milan play every weekend, no matter how we're doing. At the end of the game, I am generally unhappy, and then it starts again the next matchday.

I am excited about tomorrow. :-/

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have issues. I look forward to watching Milan play every weekend, no matter how we're doing. At the end of the game, I am generally unhappy, and then it starts again the next matchday.

So true.

Just hope ibra starts tomorrow.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
i have issues. I look forward to watching milan play every weekend, no matter how we're doing. At the end of the game, i am generally unhappy, and then it starts again the next matchday.

+1

I always have this feeling that they are about to figure it out and start winning again, but then we drop points against Benevento, get taken to the cleaners by Atalanta, etc

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

This how its been the last 7 years

But i love watching milan matches, i experience all types of emotions during those 90mins.. feel like its a drug, and it explains why we keep coming back

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+1

I always have this feeling that they are about to figure it out and start winning again, but then we drop points against Benevento, get taken to the cleaners by Atalanta, etc
Spent basically a decade in this condition. The hardest punches to take are still, weirdly, the derby and games vs Juve. As if we're better than we actually are.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Ibra walking around entire match while contributing nothing other than clapping to his teammates every the camera points at him.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Ibra walking around entire match while contributing nothing other than clapping to his teammates every the camera points at him.

his little flicks and head butting the ball in a dangerous direction has been more valuable than diving, losing the ball or shooting it into the air like our other attacking prospects.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Hoping Pioli does try 442 with Ibra + Leao upfront, although I'll except Suso at RCM which I'd rather not see.

I mean, it's worth a shot. Might end up horribly but at this point in the season there's nothing to lose by trying something new.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
OFFICIAL Milan XI vs. Cagliari (4-4-2): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessie, Bennacer, Calhanoglu; Ibrahimovic, Rafael Leao

EOAGmh3X4AAT8he

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Thank you Pioli. Trying 442 with Ibra and Leao, benching Suso.

Hakan back in midfield where he can actually play football, so hope this works out for him. Samu at least works harder than Suso as well so hope he shows up given this chance.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OFFICIAL Milan XI vs. Cagliari (4-4-2): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessie, Bennacer, Calhanoglu; Ibrahimovic, Rafael Leao

EOAGmh3X4AAT8he

Best starting XI on paper in a while

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
Hoping Pioli does try 442 with Ibra + Leao upfront, although I'll except Suso at RCM which I'd rather not see.

I mean, it's worth a shot. Might end up horribly but at this point in the season there's nothing to lose by trying something new.

Vietnam Flashbacks on seeing Suso.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

EOAGmh3X4AAT8he

The exact lineup I wanted......let’s see how much more threatening we look going forward and if dropping Suso will help our defensive issues

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
Thank you Pioli. Trying 442 with Ibra and Leao, benching Suso.

Hakan back in midfield where he can actually play football, so hope this works out for him. Samu at least works harder than Suso as well so hope he shows up given this chance.

He did great before the injury in the last match I saw him in so hoping for some of the same again apart from another injury.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Vietnam Flashbacks on seeing Suso.

Suso benched. It's a miracle. Hakan playing but in midfield where he has always looked better. He's not a winger. And Kessie, well maybe in the middle beside Bennacer he can do better. I expect an improvement as a whole with 442 in this lineup, regardless of result.

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka

EOAGmh3X4AAT8he

Nobody smiling apart from ibra.:lol:

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Nainggolan will score a screamer and win the game for Cagliari and there is nothing we can do about it.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Interesting line-up, looking forward to seeing it in action and really hope Samu performs - he will at least add runs into the box so Ibra should have options for his lay-offs and flicks and more bodies in the box when Theo makes his runs.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Theo and Ibra goals please

Schedule