Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Dont get me wrong. Connor is a phenomenal fighter. But his heart isnt in the game anymore. Thats one of the main reasons why i believe he wo t win against the cream of the crop like khabib and tony. He isnt dedicated anymore. He is far too rich to even contemplate a return. So he should just go away. Conversely for guys like tony and khabib, their lives depend on what they accomplish in mma. They are more motivated and focus entirely on honing their mma skills.

That's true to an extent, he has all the money in the world (for now at least) but Conor is greedy for "immortality". If its one thing that's going to bring him back, is the allure of being considered the all time great.

Sadly i'm not sure Khabib or Tony are what Conor would consider the last stepping stone to all time greatness. A fight with Woodley on the other hand? That would surely tempt him to step back into the octagon with full focus.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Screw Conor, I was one of his biggest supporters but who gives a crap anymore. When that dumb Floyd fight was announced I knew it was over. If you aren't gonna defend the belt then just drop it. That lightweight division is too good to be held back like this. Dana is Conor's puppet though.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
That's true to an extent, he has all the money in the world (for now at least) but Conor is greedy for "immortality". If its one thing that's going to bring him back, is the allure of being considered the all time great.

Sadly i'm not sure Khabib or Tony are what Conor would consider the last stepping stone to all time greatness. A fight with Woodley on the other hand? That would surely tempt him to step back into the octagon with full focus.

Agreed except the woodley part :lol:. Are you implying that woodley would be beatable for connor?
Beating either tony or khabib easily cements him as the GOAT lightweight to me. No doubt about that, ideally both but I know thats not going to happen.
As for woodley, dude is legit aa they come. He made gsp run away from welterweight for god sake.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Agreed except the woodley part :lol:. Are you implying that woodley would be beatable for connor?
Beating either tony or khabib easily cements him as the GOAT lightweight to me. No doubt about that, ideally both but I know thats not going to happen.
As for woodley, dude is legit aa they come. He made gsp run away from welterweight for god sake.

I'm not saying he can beat him, i'm just saying that's a fight that might entice his ego thus making him come back.

He has more of a chance though against Woodley, then Khabib. Woodley got wrecked in the past by strikes, something Conor excels at..so at least there he has a chance.

Khabib is as though as they come on the other hand, and his ground game is simply ridiculous. Conor would have to make zero mistakes in his distance management, which granted is really good..but who can keep that up for 5 rounds?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
He got wrecked once bro and at the time he dint have a coach. Woodley was a newbie when he versed a roides trt marquardt. He was juiced to the gills when he fought a green woodley. Woodley now under roofus is easily one the best welterweights of all time. He has beaten wonderboy twice, maia, condit, gastulem and lawler. Thats an insane resume.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also i would say wonderboy is a better striker than connor imo. He is more diverse. Connor has more power at 55. Dont think it would translate into 170 weight class though.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He got wrecked once bro and at the time he dint have a coach. Woodley was a newbie when he versed a roides trt marquardt. He was juiced to the gills when he fought a green woodley. Woodley now under roofus is easily one the best welterweights of all time. He has beaten wonderboy twice, maia, condit, gastulem and lawler. Thats an insane resume.

He is a great fighter no doubt, but a closer look at that resume and you will see he is not really GOAT material.

Only Wonderboy and Maia where at the top of their game when he faced them. Lawler was in many wars, and the fight ended really quickly.

Then he beat a drained Gastulem who as always indulges to much on the kfc (not saying this is Woodley's fault).

And Condit who injured himself in the fight. Yes he was winning up until that point, but he wasn't wrecking him or anything, and prime Condit always starts late.

Also right after the Condit win, he faced Rory who let's not forget did this to him:

nkjVUpN.gif

He can have similar trouble with Conor who again is masterful striker. The Eagle on the other hand, pretty much mauled everybody he faced so far.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yea i remember that rory fight. However, thay was not woodley under roofus though. Rory got destroyed by condit and lost to wonderboy and lawler. Yet woodley beat all 3 quite decisively. Could argue over the wonderboy debacle but based on damage woodley outclassed him over 10 rounds. Woodley has developed and improved his game tenfold. He conserves energy better and has cut down some excess weight to improve his gas tank. He is also a much better boxer now and possesses great footwork plus movement.

Dont get me wrong, rory is a beast but I would like to see a rematch between them two now tbh. Why did stupid dana let rory go. Matchup favours rory undoubtedly. Still could go either way if woodley waa able to land that power shot on his nose. His ability to close the distance very quickly would be the deciding factor in this bout.

On another note, no one gives this dude enough credit. Douglas lima. Douglas lima is a legit champion. I could see him outpointing woodley. Its a tough fight and although lima's weakness is wrestling, his pressure game and gas tank is top notch hence i can see him seriously troubling woodley. He could very well beat rory too and i rate rory as one of the best weltweights in the world. Top3. Lima rory then woodley or wonderboy based on ability.

Koreshkov is another fighter that goes under the radar. He has the tools to defeat rory and he doesnt wilt under pressure.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
woodley has improved leaps and bounds since the rory fight

woodley would beat conor fairly easily imo, it's not even a fair fight...woodley walks around at 200 pounds ffs.

mcgregor kept calling nate diaz a bigger man and he's a 155er.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chris Taylor
@CTaylor_96
Breaking! I have confirmed with sources that Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight title at #UFC223 in Brooklyn. The bout will be made official later this week. McGregor will be stripped of his title. The bout was 1st reported by TASS

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's laughable about PVZ breaking her arm in the first round, and fighting trough that?

That her hype train is derailed and her butthurt fans actually harassed Clarke.

She isn’t good, breaking your arm and fighting through it isn’t some noble cause.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That her hype train is derailed and her butthurt fans actually harassed Clarke.

She isn’t good, breaking your arm and fighting through it isn’t some noble cause.

Is she responsible for her fans? I'l give you a hint: no.

And no dickhead, its not a noble cause, but its not something to laugh at.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is she responsible for her fans? I'l give you a hint: no.

And no dickhead, its not a noble cause, but its not something to laugh at.

Did I say I am laughing at her getting her arm broken? I clearly stated I laughed at the fact that her hype train was once again derailed and at her butt hurt fans.

Telling me what's to laugh at? You are the guy that goes around saying dumb shit like "Bleed god will be appeased". FOH.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Chris Taylor
@CTaylor_96
Breaking! I have confirmed with sources that Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight title at #UFC223 in Brooklyn. The bout will be made official later this week. McGregor will be stripped of his title. The bout was 1st reported by TASS

that's good. don't know what mcgreggor is doing, i guess he's got to much money. sadly he's ruining his legacy though. two titles, but not one title defense in my book means to titles at all.

i don't think khabib will have an easy fight against tony - since tony is a great fighter and very good on the ground as well. but sure, he's the favorite.

why's PVZ even being discussed? so meh...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that's good. don't know what mcgreggor is doing, i guess he's got to much money. sadly he's ruining his legacy though. two titles, but not one title defense in my book means to titles at all.

i don't think khabib will have an easy fight against tony - since tony is a great fighter and very good on the ground as well. but sure, he's the favorite.

why's PVZ even being discussed? so meh...

Agreed on McGregor. Still an accomplishment getting there but I feel like the challengers out there are more dangerous for him stylistically than the Champs he's beat.

Re: Khabib
This will be really intriguing in the grappling department. Though Khabib's top game is air tight I really think Ferguson's style may be a bit tricky for him. One of the things Ferguson did really well against Lee was to use the guard position to punish Lee when in theory it should have been more favorable for Lee to hang out and throw punches. His arm-extension + elbow (Bisping employed the same technique against a superior wrestler in GSP) from the high guard combo could be very tricky and effective, especially if Khabib gets caught with a big one earlier on.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Stipe betting odds at +170, I stuck $200 on, crazy odds.

If it wasn't for the wife i'd be putting alot more than that on. Well worth the risk for that.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ferguson is a very good fighter with a great spirit but IMO he's molto overrated

his defense standing up is shit, gets hit a lot, what happens when that chin doesn't hold up anymore? people say mcgregor is ducking him but IMO a guy like ferguson is perfect for mcgregor to KO....especially since he's such a slow starter.

Unless khabib gets caught with a hell of a shot, I see him dominating this fight.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ferguson is a very good fighter with a great spirit but IMO he's molto overrated

his defense standing up is shit, gets hit a lot, what happens when that chin doesn't hold up anymore? people say mcgregor is ducking him but IMO a guy like ferguson is perfect for mcgregor to KO....especially since he's such a slow starter.

Unless khabib gets caught with a hell of a shot, I see him dominating this fight.

I can see where you are coming from, but those 2 bold part are holes in Khabib's game as well.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think khabib is a slow starter, not like ferguson anyways

has khabib ever lost a round? ferguson was losing to barboza before he submitted him

I said that khabib's style would be big trouble against a guy like mcgregor since he eats shots with his pressure, but ferguson doesn't have the power mcgregor or even johnson has.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think khabib is a slow starter, not like ferguson anyways

has khabib ever lost a round? ferguson was losing to barboza before he submitted him

I said that khabib's style would be big trouble against a guy like mcgregor since he eats shots with his pressure, but ferguson doesn't have the power mcgregor or even johnson has.

Right he has not. But the way he was eating shots from Barboza was a cause of concern for many.

I just think you are writing off Ferguson's power a bit. I remember him busting Aaron Riley's jaw and ending the fight, and Aaron Riley was a tough old school guy.

And my point is that Ferguson's tricky rubber guard /10p style actually invites the top pressure and he seems confident there.

I don't know, I like Khabib in this fight as well but I just think it will be a really close fight.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Right he has not. But the way he was eating shots from Barboza was a cause of concern for many.

I just think you are writing off Ferguson's power a bit. I remember him busting Aaron Riley's jaw and ending the fight, and Aaron Riley was a tough old school guy.

And my point is that Ferguson's tricky rubber guard /10p style actually invites the top pressure and he seems confident there.

I don't know, I like Khabib in this fight as well but I just think it will be a really close fight.

fair enough, I recognize ferguson's threat from his guard but I still think khabib will steamroll him regardless. I don't believe in mma math either but fighters ferguson has struggled with, khabib has absolutely demolished.

the only guy that can stop khabib is conor if he can't eat his shots.

hopefully it's a great fight tho, I don't particularly enjoy 1 sided fights....the khabib barboza fight was uncomfortable at times.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fair enough, I recognize ferguson's threat from his guard but I still think khabib will steamroll him regardless. I don't believe in mma math either but fighters ferguson has struggled with, khabib has absolutely demolished.

the only guy that can stop khabib is conor if he can't eat his shots.

hopefully it's a great fight tho, I don't particularly enjoy 1 sided fights....the khabib barboza fight was uncomfortable at times.

I don't think it will be.

Ferguson actually has decent wrestling and grappling.Unless Khabib hurts Ferguson on his feet, should be a really interesting fight.

For now, I am just hope both can make it to the octagon.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Chris Taylor
@CTaylor_96

confirmed by Dana

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
For now, I am just hope both can make it to the octagon.

:thumbsup:

btw, I'm calling it....volkan is going to KO DC

I love DC, and he's a better fighter in every aspect..but I don't know why I just feel volkan is going to KO him.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

btw, I'm calling it....volkan is going to KO DC

I love DC, and he's a better fighter in every aspect..but I don't know why I just feel volkan is going to KO him.

Could it be because he's training with Luke? :lol:

"What's Luke gonna teach him? Luke can't beat me"