Nationality: Brazil
Height: 1,80 m
Position: Attacking Midfield
Done deal according to tier 1 sources in Brazil

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Woo hoo! First Brazilian signing of the new era! Thank you Leonardo! ❤️

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Malcolm to Roma phase or do we have a prenup?

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Medical check then it is almost confirm. Repealed by management and it is definitely almost official. Signed contract, finally it is official.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
missing Sven! :(

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Has Leo found his Ricky?

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
Has Leo found his Ricky?

Not the same style, but he can bring technic in the field, thing that we lack a lot, i hope he will confirm, and be the playmaer that we have missed since the departure of Kaka, and why not another midfielder and winger

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima got the nickname Paquetá from the neighborhood he was born; Paquetá Island, Guanabara Bay, Rio de Janeiro. The name of the island is a Tupi word meaning "many pacas". A paca is a member of the genus Cuniculus of ground-dwelling, herbivorous rodents in South and Central America. They are also referred to as "gibnuts" or "royal rats".

less go vegan rat :b:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Copy/paste....paqueta vs fluminese

Just watched this, here are my thoughts:

- He made the pass before the assist on the first goal. I've heard he does this a lot.

- The kid is strong and skilled. He's not a pushover, very capable of receiving the ball with an opponent at his back and doing something with it. I think he'll do fine with Serie A defenders and midfielders in this aspect.

- He really puts in a shift defensively. He's not out there making half-assed efforts just so he can say "what? i tried", he's actually serious about getting the ball back. Tracks back, gets aggressive when he's on his man, moves a lot to cut passing lanes - although his awareness and anticipation could be better.

- This isn't really worth much, but he attempted to shoot, and after a deflection, his shot ended up setting up a teammate for a 1-v-1 with the keeper, which was converted into a goal. Not exactly an assist, but thought I'd mention it.

- Milan is going to be a big change for him. The way we have defined roles for everyone when we defend, the way we switch shapes when we move from offense to defense, the way we have a method to our pressing, these seemingly aren't things his team does - at least not at the level we do them. It'll take him some time to learn and commit to a defined system with specific tactical roles. Ours isn't really a complex one, and I'm not saying it isn't something he can learn, it's just going to be a change.

- Confident, brave, and strong. He really pushes back when you try to push him, not gonna stop and throw his hands in the air every time, and definitely not gonna fall over with every shove. I wouldn't call him fast but he's certainly not slow, he's got good pace WITH the ball.

- His passes are good. I've counted two difficult through balls which on our team would be made only by Bona, Suso, Higuain, and Hakan.

- Been dropping out of sight for like 5-10 minutes at a time, since his team have gone up 2-0. They've mostly just been counter attacking, and they have the opposition totally contained, so there's not really much to see from him other than that he's keeping up with his defensive duties.

- He attempted to one-touch chip it over someone, and the dude just casually pushed him down like "nope." Not really sure if it would've worked, the defender didn't seem to be interested in finding out either, seemed to be insulted that the attempt was even made in the first place.

- Absolutely beautiful almost-assist which sent a striker 1-v-1 with the keeper. Striker didn't make it. If the first assist he got was undeserved, this certainly balanced it out.

- Playing with a lot of confidence right now. Lovely one-touch passes in difficult situations. Seems capable of sustained bursts of speed when the moment is right. Not exactly Pato-like, but fast.

- I've been suspecting it for some time cause he hasn't said a word in a while, but the commentator is OFFICIALLY SNORING ON LIVE TV RIGHT NOW. That's just amazing! Not complaining, the quiet is nice, I can hear the stadium, but the fact that he snored is crazy.

- He's so lovely on counters. And I really can't emphasize enough how he's physically brave - he really doesn't mind throwing his body in a place where he might get hurt, but he won't let you hurt him for free, you really have to commit to taking him down otherwise he's staying on his feet. I can see why fans like him. Gattuso will too.

FT 3-0. Just some final notes:

1) The role he played in tonight is much more advanced than our midfielders usually play - higher than a mezzala, but not high or wide enough to be a winger. Kind of like an off-center trequartista - like in Ancelotti's 4-3-2-1.

2) I started off wanting to see him in a deeper role so that you get more out of his work rate, defensive abilities, and passing range, but as the game went on I understood more and more why they keep him higher up the pitch. It's a bit of a waste not having him near the final third considering his skill, ability to run at defenders, counter-attacking prowess and decision making, and crisp through passing. Tough conundrum.

3) I don't think this guy is - or should be - our future regista. That hunt isn't yet over, but we have something special here. I'm sure he can be trained to be a regista, he has most of the required skills already, but it'd be a waste to convert him into decent regista when he has the potential to be a great player in another position.

4) Whilst he's obviously talented, this guy is not completely a finished product, and I cannot see him walking into the starting XI upon arrival. I don't know if today's game was - by his standards - good, bad, or average, but assuming it was a semi-decent game, he's not enough to push out Kessie or Bonaventura instantly.

5) He is 100% better than any option off the bench, so it's going to be LOVELY to see him come on for Bonaventura or Kessie when they need to be subbed or rested. The midfield shouldn't take a dip in quality when he replaces them, in fact it might gain certain aspects, but that'll still depend on how well he can learn and commit to his tactical roles and duties.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
^:star::star::star:

Great piece. Gives a clearer idea of what he is about. I am getting more and more psyched for his arrival.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
excited about this signing. I'd still like Rabiot or Barella as well to complete the midfield but this is a good step.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Copy/paste....paqueta vs fluminese

Just watched this, here are my thoughts:

- He made the pass before the assist on the first goal. I've heard he does this a lot.

- The kid is strong and skilled. He's not a pushover, very capable of receiving the ball with an opponent at his back and doing something with it. I think he'll do fine with Serie A defenders and midfielders in this aspect.

- He really puts in a shift defensively. He's not out there making half-assed efforts just so he can say "what? i tried", he's actually serious about getting the ball back. Tracks back, gets aggressive when he's on his man, moves a lot to cut passing lanes - although his awareness and anticipation could be better.

- This isn't really worth much, but he attempted to shoot, and after a deflection, his shot ended up setting up a teammate for a 1-v-1 with the keeper, which was converted into a goal. Not exactly an assist, but thought I'd mention it.

- Milan is going to be a big change for him. The way we have defined roles for everyone when we defend, the way we switch shapes when we move from offense to defense, the way we have a method to our pressing, these seemingly aren't things his team does - at least not at the level we do them. It'll take him some time to learn and commit to a defined system with specific tactical roles. Ours isn't really a complex one, and I'm not saying it isn't something he can learn, it's just going to be a change.

- Confident, brave, and strong. He really pushes back when you try to push him, not gonna stop and throw his hands in the air every time, and definitely not gonna fall over with every shove. I wouldn't call him fast but he's certainly not slow, he's got good pace WITH the ball.

- His passes are good. I've counted two difficult through balls which on our team would be made only by Bona, Suso, Higuain, and Hakan.

- Been dropping out of sight for like 5-10 minutes at a time, since his team have gone up 2-0. They've mostly just been counter attacking, and they have the opposition totally contained, so there's not really much to see from him other than that he's keeping up with his defensive duties.

- He attempted to one-touch chip it over someone, and the dude just casually pushed him down like "nope." Not really sure if it would've worked, the defender didn't seem to be interested in finding out either, seemed to be insulted that the attempt was even made in the first place.

- Absolutely beautiful almost-assist which sent a striker 1-v-1 with the keeper. Striker didn't make it. If the first assist he got was undeserved, this certainly balanced it out.

- Playing with a lot of confidence right now. Lovely one-touch passes in difficult situations. Seems capable of sustained bursts of speed when the moment is right. Not exactly Pato-like, but fast.

- I've been suspecting it for some time cause he hasn't said a word in a while, but the commentator is OFFICIALLY SNORING ON LIVE TV RIGHT NOW. That's just amazing! Not complaining, the quiet is nice, I can hear the stadium, but the fact that he snored is crazy.

- He's so lovely on counters. And I really can't emphasize enough how he's physically brave - he really doesn't mind throwing his body in a place where he might get hurt, but he won't let you hurt him for free, you really have to commit to taking him down otherwise he's staying on his feet. I can see why fans like him. Gattuso will too.

FT 3-0. Just some final notes:

1) The role he played in tonight is much more advanced than our midfielders usually play - higher than a mezzala, but not high or wide enough to be a winger. Kind of like an off-center trequartista - like in Ancelotti's 4-3-2-1.

2) I started off wanting to see him in a deeper role so that you get more out of his work rate, defensive abilities, and passing range, but as the game went on I understood more and more why they keep him higher up the pitch. It's a bit of a waste not having him near the final third considering his skill, ability to run at defenders, counter-attacking prowess and decision making, and crisp through passing. Tough conundrum.

3) I don't think this guy is - or should be - our future regista. That hunt isn't yet over, but we have something special here. I'm sure he can be trained to be a regista, he has most of the required skills already, but it'd be a waste to convert him into decent regista when he has the potential to be a great player in another position.

4) Whilst he's obviously talented, this guy is not completely a finished product, and I cannot see him walking into the starting XI upon arrival. I don't know if today's game was - by his standards - good, bad, or average, but assuming it was a semi-decent game, he's not enough to push out Kessie or Bonaventura instantly.

5) He is 100% better than any option off the bench, so it's going to be LOVELY to see him come on for Bonaventura or Kessie when they need to be subbed or rested. The midfield shouldn't take a dip in quality when he replaces them, in fact it might gain certain aspects, but that'll still depend on how well he can learn and commit to his tactical roles and duties.

Sounds exciting, thank you!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He’s coming to Milan today! Excited!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
plane spotting?

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Welcome Lucas.. He is very technical, cant wait him to start combining with Borini and other magicians.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:jump::jump:check out his insta story! pic with maldini!