Tiemoue Bakayoko Thread

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Let's hope he took some lessons from Pirlo yesterday.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
sure his first touch is unpredictable but no sense of positioning for play breaking and no strength ? :fp:

also, 99 % of the time hes brought to the ground thats a foul for us .. its called being intelligent , winning fouls when in tight spot.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
There is a lag with him... he is 10secs late to the position he needs to be in and then he’s chasing the ball.

Also lol@he take tactics falls... lol. Ty for that laugh Neruda.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tactical*

Also, don’t you take the piss out of those teams/players who use such tactics? Barca were hated for it... but when Mbaka does it its clever.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Bakayoko should be vice captain next season.

He’s gonna get so much better Vieirra.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Tactical*

Also, don’t you take the piss out of those teams/players who use such tactics? Barca were hated for it... but when Mbaka does it its clever.

nobody minds winning tactical fouls. people get mad when players act like they got their legs chopped off.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
damn vb :lol: never cease to amaze me

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I suspect vB has drinking problems, what a bunch of shit. Whole football world in Italy praises him, but there is a Britton that knows better.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It’s not drinking, it’s good old attention seeking.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think vB9 has ever touched alcohol.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It’s not drinking, it’s good old attention seeking.

Lol! I seek attention? Just look at the ban thread... it’s how you stay relevant.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lol! I seek attention? Just look at the ban thread... it’s how you stay relevant.

giphy.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Former Italy midfielder Stefano Eranio has been won over by AC Milan midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.

Eranio enthused: "At first with Bakayoko, I did not understand how strong he was, but he's a machine, he has great physicality, technically he's not naive, he's finding a fundamental position.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Total Beast and yesterday was sick. In my country fans are in the big stress if anyone snap him before us. I know that we first access to buy him but without him there would not be Milan as we see now.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we make it to the CL there is zero chance we don't buy Bakayoko.

Phenomenal player. Destroying every midfield since he transformed into this beast. Hope he gets a goal soon.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I would try him in kessies position before we sign him permanently

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
he has played LCM and was a beast

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Hmmm I missed the anti-yoko group.

Jawad and vB are teaming up. Interesting.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I'm starting to come around to Bakayoko :D

Took me a while to appreciate him, but what I can say is his improvement has been immense. I haven't seen a player his age improve so quickly in so many facets of his game than Bakayoko has.

He is still very flawed and primarily an athlete, but his improvement curve shows that slowly but surely the tactical and decision making side of things can improve as well.

Lets breakdown where he has improved.

One of my main criticisms earlier in the season was that Bakayoko's defending was very reactionary and his positioning, recognition of danger and covering of passing lanes was very poor. His defensive style was to react when the ball was near him and utilise his immense athleticism to run and win the ball back.

Now, he actually blocks passing lanes, recognises danger, makes curved runs to simultaneously block passing lanes and guide the opposition where he wants them to pass. This combined with his athleticism and tackling technique make his defensive ability world class. Phenomenal improvement in that sense :proud:

His passing range is still poor for a solo anchor, but he is very press resistant and plays little one two's with his colleagues and drives forward with the ball. Slowly but surely he is being less dribble centric and keeping it simple.

What he still needs to work on:
- Passing technique
- Decision making

If Bakayoko adds a long switch of play to his arsenal then he would be immense. More importantly though, he still needs to improve a lot in his offensive decision making. He still passes to teammates under pressure, doesn't switch the play when he should, or takes too long to play a pass to an open teammate and then has to play a back pass when the passing lane is closed down.

Do I think Bakayoko is the long term solution as our midfield general? I'm not so sure with his lack of passing technique, but his improvement and current ability make him a must sign for the reported buyout clause.

Forza Bakayoko and all the credit for immense improvement :thumbsup:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I was a hater but he's improved alot. He is always where the action is and wins almost every duel. His positioning and passing is now way better. On the way to becoming a Black Van Bommel.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
maybe i spoke too soon.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hmmm I missed the anti-yoko group.

Jawad and vB are teaming up. Interesting.

You have sumthin to say or do you want to say sumthin to me, Sean? You have this nasty habit of pulling the trigger from a gun perched on sum1 else’s shoulder.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Schedule