AC Milan UEFA Cup 2008/2009

nowhereman

Primavera
Reaction score
Marcus said:
I really don't know what's the matter with some of you people. All those who say we can't win the scudetto, fuck off. Realistically if we play our best, we'll be way ahead of any of the teams, as no italian club can match Milan when playing good. That's in our team, we play different football, sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. Hopefully, this year we will do it.

Don't tell me that Inter are better than us at the moment, they nearly burnt out last season. With The Chosen One, I'm sure they'll fail miserably. Also, we can count on Juventus and Roma to kick their ass. Last but not least, they are ******** merda.

If I remember correctly, during the last season, we scored roughly the same amount of points as Inter since the derby in December. Not to mention the hectic schedule in Jan/Feb because of World Cup.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Marcus said:
I really don't know what's the matter with some of you people. All those who say we can't win the scudetto, fuck off. Realistically if we play our best, we'll be way ahead of any of the teams, as no italian club can match Milan when playing good. That's in our team, we play different football, sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. Hopefully, this year we will do it.

Don't tell me that Inter are better than us at the moment, they nearly burnt out last season. With The Chosen One, I'm sure they'll fail miserably. Also, we can count on Juventus and Roma to kick their ass. Last but not least, they are ******** merda.
Inter ARE better.....damn these "oh we're milan we rock" posts are f**king annoying :mad: You are making Tsar look like a genius with this shit.

Can you just go up to Tera Patrick/Jessica Alba/ Beyonce etc and say "hey baby how 'bout it ;) " and Expect her panties to drop :conf: NO!! HELL NO!!.....to do something Special you must HAVE something special!!!

How could we possibly compete with Inter who are potentially going to look like this :
(worse case lineup)

Caesar
Maicon-Cordoba-Chivu-Maxwell
Cambiasso
Mancini-Quaresma
Lampard
Ibra-Adriano

With
Dida
Zambrotta-Nesta-Kaladze-(some shit)
Gattuso-Pirlo-Flam
Kaka
Pato-Borriello

^ That means that we are THOROUGHLY owned in 6 out of the eleven positions on paper....and that's optimistically hoping that Pato is hopefully going to be better than Ibra. We only win 3 (Kaka>Lampard, Nesta>Everybody, Pato>Ibra)......hopefully we can tweak that up to four depending on how Pirlo plays.......Comparing the bench is even more depressing with the likes of Vieria, Balotelli, Samuel, Figo, Crespo, Jimenez and Cruz waiting in the wings to battle with Seedorf, Maldini, Paloschi Ambro Brocchi and Emerson

We aren't sure to get either Adebayor OR Ronaldinho and if they do there are HUGE questionmarks about either one being suited to Milan. One is tragically out of form and the other hasn't shown that he can hack it consistently.

Those who are pessimistic aren't any less fans of Milan....they are the more realistic guys who know they'll have a better shot at picking the chick up at the 7-11 than Jesse Jane :head:

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
drucurl said:
Inter ARE better.....damn these "oh we're milan we rock" posts are f**king annoying :mad: You are making Tsar look like a genius with this shit.

Can you just go up to Tera Patrick/Jessica Alba/ Beyonce etc and say "hey baby how 'bout it ;) " and Expect her panties to drop :conf: NO!! HELL NO!!.....to do something Special you must HAVE something special!!!

How could we possibly compete with Inter who are potentially going to look like this :
(worse case lineup)

Caesar
Maicon-Cordoba-Chivu-Maxwell
Cambiasso
Mancini-Quaresma
Lampard
Ibra-Adriano

With
Dida
Zambrotta-Nesta-Kaladze-(some shit)
Gattuso-Pirlo-Flam
Kaka
Pato-Borriello

^ That means that we are THOROUGHLY owned in 6 out of the eleven positions on paper....and that's optimistically hoping that Pato is hopefully going to be better than Ibra. We only win 3 (Kaka>Lampard, Nesta>Everybody, Pato>Ibra)......hopefully we can tweak that up to four depending on how Pirlo plays.......Comparing the bench is even more depressing with the likes of Vieria, Balotelli, Samuel, Figo, Crespo, Jimenez and Cruz waiting in the wings to battle with Seedorf, Maldini, Paloschi Ambro Brocchi and Emerson

We aren't sure to get either Adebayor OR Ronaldinho and if they do there are HUGE questionmarks about either one being suited to Milan. One is tragically out of form and the other hasn't shown that he can hack it consistently.

Those who are pessimistic aren't any less fans of Milan....they are the more realistic guys who know they'll have a better shot at picking the chick up at the 7-11 than Jesse Jane :head:

Bah, Inter had maybe the best squad of paper for the past 20 years, and we all know how it turned out.

You should know that.

As for the team squad, you can't compare the teams head to head. Last year, with our main striker (at least what he was supposed to be) out, and our cock in defense (Nesta) out, we managed to defeat them.

And Lampard sucks ass, overrated.

Don't ever claim Merda are better than Milan. They have a loser's aura around them. Hope the fags die.

However, this is not the thread for this.

I remember the time we played Dortmund in the UEFA Cup, some years ago. We lost the first match 4-0, and led by 2-0 at half time at the rematch.
Could have died that game...

Last edited:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
scudetto_150.gif

. . . . Why not?

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
^Dru's right, you make it far to easy. :devil:*

Who cares about who had the best squad 20 years ago, look at the last league table to see how good Milan's squad is now. Clearly then alot needs to be done for Milan to catch up with Inter on that gap alone. But then factor in that Inter are strengthening with a more active transfer campaign and a new manager - the best in the bussiness. Milan are still very far of that high standard, the only thing you can be happy about is Roma suicide in selling their key players for peanuts - maybe you can catch them, maybe.

scudetto_150.gif

Property of Internazionale Milano.

* We need some Biscione smiles.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marcus said:
Bah, Inter had maybe the best squad of paper for the past 20 years, and we all know how it turned out.You should know that. As for the team squad, you can't compare the teams head to head. Last year, with our main striker (at least what he was supposed to be) out, and our cock in defense (Nesta) out, we managed to defeat them. And Lampard sucks ass, overrated. Don't ever claim Merda are better than Milan. They have a loser's aura around them. Hope the fags die.However, this is not the thread for this.
I remember the time we played Dortmund in the UEFA Cup, some years ago. We lost the first match 4-0, and led by 2-0 at half time at the rematch.
Could have died that game...
Yes I hope the fags die too but you don't walk up to a 200 Lb kung fu master *** who has an AK-47 slung over his shoulder and slap him on the face with your lace gloves in a dark alley and challenge him to a duel....both you and your ass are screwed :D

I already said Kaka> Lamps but in many other positions Inter are owning us atm. In case you didn't notice the loser's aura left a while ago and is moonlighting as hair around Galliani's head :eek:

The smaller teams have a knack for raping us....I remember the Dortmund game (NOW THAT WAS THE TIME WE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AMOROSO :head: ) So the odds that we'll be Bayern and some young upstart team will be Zenith are quite high :o

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tsar said:
^Dru's right, you make it far to easy. :devil:*

Who cares about who had the best squad 20 years ago, look at the last league table to see how good Milan's squad is now. Clearly then alot needs to be done for Milan to catch up with Inter on that gap alone. But then factor in that Inter are strengthening with a more active transfer campaign and a new manager - the best in the bussiness. Milan are still very far of that high standard, the only thing you can be happy about is Roma suicide in selling their key players for peanuts - maybe you can catch them, maybe.

scudetto_150.gif

Property of Internazionale Milano.

* We need some Biscione smiles.

Blow me, and die afterwards.

drucurl said:
Yes I hope the fags die too but you don't walk up to a 200 Lb kung fu master *** who has an AK-47 slung over his shoulder and slap him on the face with your lace gloves in a dark alley and challenge him to a duel....both you and your ass are screwed :D

I already said Kaka> Lamps but in many other positions Inter are owning us atm. In case you didn't notice the loser's aura left a while ago and is moonlighting as hair around Galliani's head :eek:

The smaller teams have a knack for raping us....I remember the Dortmund game (NOW THAT WAS THE TIME WE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AMOROSO :head: ) So the odds that we'll be Bayern and some young upstart team will be Zenith are quite high :o

As you may know, position comparison is pretty stupid, and far from a realistic view. Like you said, we get raped by smaller clubs, to which we are superior in every position. I just hope that given the fact that the sum is greater than it's parts, our team will click with any players we have, and play our game. It's all I ask for. I don't care about the Scudetto, or the Champions League, I just want us to play good games, like the Milan I knew once. That is what we didn't have last season. We didn't win everything, nor sign everyone every season, yet we were satisfied. I don't see me changing anytime soon.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marcus said:
As you may know, position comparison is pretty stupid, and far from a realistic view. Like you said, we get raped by smaller clubs, to which we are superior in every position. I just hope that given the fact that the sum is greater than it's parts, our team will click with any players we have, and play our game. It's all I ask for. I don't care about the Scudetto, or the Champions League, I just want us to play good games, like the Milan I knew once. That is what we didn't have last season. We didn't win everything, nor sign everyone every season, yet we were satisfied. I don't see me changing anytime soon.
Dude I must commend your enthusiasm but you really have to wake up....we have PROBLEMS....no amount of "we can do it if we try" speeches are going to correct
1)No left side
2)No Nesta/Pirlo/Kaka backup
3)No #9 striker (hoping for Ronaldo to return but we all know how that might go)
4)No reliable keeper(" " Dida " " " " " " " " "
")
5)Lack of speed (Kaka and Pato aside)

Being Milan doesn't give us the godgiven right to win. Yes I agree that it's not only NAMES that make a team but if a team has PROBLEMS/Weaknesses that's different. Add this to the fact that JuveInter, Real, Barca etc have been REINFORCING their squads and it doesn't look good. Inter usually had the better ATTACKING names on paper but that Inter is long gone. They have a BALANCED squad not 5 DM's and No strikers. They are upgrading their wing play by replacing Stankovic and Figo with Mancini and most likely Quaresma.

All we have done is added an admittedly quality player in Zambrotta to the right wing. But there are question marks over even him. The other thing we have done is add another DM to go along with Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Ambro....and are offering our only other pure CAM to Arsenal for a striker that is about as clinical as a spoon.

I honestly thought that the Brocchi factor would have thought us something regarding Borriello.....Brocchi was fantastic @ Fiorentina....THAT'S why he was taken back in the first place....but it's clear that he can't survive here.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well.. there's always 4th spot. -_-

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:
Dude I must commend your enthusiasm but you really have to wake up....we have PROBLEMS....no amount of "we can do it if we try" speeches are going to correct
1)No left side
2)No Nesta/Pirlo/Kaka backup
3)No #9 striker (hoping for Ronaldo to return but we all know how that might go)
4)No reliable keeper(" " Dida " " " " " " " " "
")
5)Lack of speed (Kaka and Pato aside)

Being Milan doesn't give us the godgiven right to win. Yes I agree that it's not only NAMES that make a team but if a team has PROBLEMS/Weaknesses that's different. Add this to the fact that JuveInter, Real, Barca etc have been REINFORCING their squads and it doesn't look good. Inter usually had the better ATTACKING names on paper but that Inter is long gone. They have a BALANCED squad not 5 DM's and No strikers. They are upgrading their wing play by replacing Stankovic and Figo with Mancini and most likely Quaresma.

All we have done is added an admittedly quality player in Zambrotta to the right wing. But there are question marks over even him. The other thing we have done is add another DM to go along with Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Ambro....and are offering our only other pure CAM to Arsenal for a striker that is about as clinical as a spoon.

I honestly thought that the Brocchi factor would have thought us something regarding Borriello.....Brocchi was fantastic @ Fiorentina....THAT'S why he was taken back in the first place....but it's clear that he can't survive here.

1. I'd expect Carlo to field Zambro on the left and Oddo on the right. They will to the job for starters, but I agree, a left back would be welcomed. If you ask me, my dream would be Grosso, no matter what.

2. Hopefully Bonera/Darmian will be able to fit Nesta's shoes. Bonera is good, but lacks something. Don't forget we also have Maldini at the center, which is reliable.

3. As n9 is concerned, I'd expect Kaka to move forward as second striker, with Pato/Borriello up front, sort of like Totti with Vucinic. Don't forget Inzaghi who can also perform as a Joker. I'm not saying things are peachy, but we can hang on. A world class striker must be signed either now, or January. And, as you said, R9 just might come back.

4. Abbiati is a good keeper. I remember going nuts after Carlo decided to bench him in favor of Dida. Never really understood why he did that.

5. Milan rarely plays a pacy game. We are only weaker at wing-backs, as Zabro/Oddo are slower than Sergi/Cafu. But to say the truth, as long as they don't under perform, we're good in that department. And I almost remembered, Jankulovski is a hell of a player, if he overcomes the injuries. At the Euro he was good IMHO.

As for Merda? They just change the team to suit the Fucktard One's needs, and that may work against them. Serie A is rarely played with wings, as the defense is far more organized against such attacks. That will leave Merda with noone at the back, and we all know how deadly {insert serie a team here} is on counter attack.

Kaka_Milan said:
Well.. there's always 4th spot. -_-

We might just as well bend over.

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
II don't see why no one has faith in Abbiati, the guy is young for a keeper and he was great before he got benched, and about leftbacks, we got Antonini.

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
Abbiati was the next world class GK :D

I believe that prediction left something ;)
give him a chance to prove it...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Marcus said:
3. As n9 is concerned, I'd expect Kaka to move forward as second striker, with Pato/Borriello up front, sort of like Totti with Vucinic. Don't forget Inzaghi who can also perform as a Joker. I'm not saying things are peachy, but we can hang on. A world class striker must be signed either now, or January. And, as you said, R9 just might come back.
Agree with all your other points but that bolded part is ridiculous.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanoMichael said:
Agree with all your other points but that bolded part is ridiculous.

Well, you've gotta be civil :) And knowing our management, it is possible.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No doubt we need more signings to even challenge for the Scudetto and the UEFA Cup, that's a given.
Let's hope something happens.

PS. MilanoMichael your avatar is awsome. :)

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
R9 will only come back, like Galliani said, if he loses some weight.
That is about as likely as the US pulling out of Iraq under the Bush regime. WON'T HAPPEN :)

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
paijo17 said:
Abbiati was the next world class GK :D

I believe that prediction left something ;)
give him a chance to prove it...

i remember how he helped us,when we beat juve two seasons ago :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Milanista10 said:
R9 will only come back, like Galliani said, if he loses some weight.
That is about as likely as the US pulling out of Iraq under the Bush regime. WON'T HAPPEN :)

www.instantrimshot.com

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Tsar said:
^ Eh NO. Winning the UEFA Cup proves nothing except you are a crappy club that enjoyed a long trip across Europe. Super Cup isn't even worth the scrap value of the metal its made from.

BTW, just to point, the value of scrap metal has gone up nearly 500% in last 3 years. Thanks to Globalization and the tremendous demand of steel from BRIC (Brazil, Russia, China and India)... As a matter of fact their prices are changing the landscape of the trucking industry in developed nations for removing scrap metal from the construction sites .... Pretty boring stuff....

Also, I think SUPERCOPA is more important than UEFA cup ....

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:
i remember how he helped us,when we beat juve two seasons ago :D
You mean the one we won 3-1? Chiellini was in goal that day.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beemer said:

And the Seedorf lob was out of this world... on the first look anyway. It did hit a defender on the way.

I remember going crazy that game.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Beemer said:
huh?! chiellini was hte goalkeeper?!

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Nope, the reserve keeper was in goal :) Abbiati faked an injury to not have to play in San Siro lol. THe keeper that day was Chimenti.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Billy_69 said:
Nope, the reserve keeper was in goal :) Abbiati faked an injury to not have to play in San Siro lol. THe keeper that day was Chimenti.
I had a feeling I'd messed up his name. That's who I meant.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Interesting to see this thread has only five pages :D

Frankly, I don't think it'd grow much :tongue:

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
Interesting to see this thread has only five pages :D

Frankly, I don't think it'd grow much :tongue:
naa can make it interesting, lets just pretend the thread creator dropped 2 words 'Champions' & 'League' out of the thread title :D
There! I feel much better already

Mr Fella

Beginner
Reaction score
Uefa cup

Hey,
As most of you probably know, Milan have never won the Uefa cup. In fact its the only trophy missing from the cabinet.
I would really like Milan to win this trophy this season as we may not get another opportunity for a long time as hopefully we will compete in the Champions league for a few following seasons (i hope).

Do you guys think Ancelotti will go for it or concentrate firmly on Serie A.
Personally I think Milan will get to quarters and go out, but I think Milan must go for this cup to complete their trophy haul.

Schedule