Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Baresi, Maradona, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy's a pretty good example of why I can't stand midget players. Doesn't matter how talented they are, they get rag dolled by physically imposing players.

He won the midfield battle against SMS in the first half.
Bennacer is a kid that needs to play every minute to gain experience.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of him, he played well, he doesn't shy away from battles but he is meh in terms of stability and I`d agree that his medium frame is partly to blame for that.

Maybe we have to change the dynamic in midfield and defense quite a bit? More classic 4 at the back without big freedoms for Theo and a more attacking role for Bennacer? But doesn't change the fact that we'd lack an anchor, so maybe Biglia + Bennacer?

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
This guy's a pretty good example of why I can't stand midget players. Doesn't matter how talented they are, they get rag dolled by physically imposing players.

gattuso and romagnoli are not midgets?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Baresi, Maradona, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta

:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

On Bennacer - Good on the ball and I like his heart - giving it his all. I am only a bit worried by his lack of pace which sees him late to loose balls. He can be competent in a midfield with players that compliment him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah let's bring up exceptional players to justify midgets.. Cause Bennacer is the second coming of Messi. Ever heard of exceptions to the rule? He gets thrown around like a bitch and offers no support for our defense.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That said, I'm not saying he'll never make it... Just that he's very small and small players tend to fail at the highest level.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Opinions on

Bennacer - Biglia* - Krunic

*until we get someone better

so leaving Paqueta out or for a more attacking role?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Problem isnt that he's small... problem is he's Algerian.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Only players from footballing super power countries shud play for Milan.

So no Saviecivic (sp) no Weah no Sheva no Ibra????

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That said, I'm not saying he'll never make it... Just that he's very small and small players tend to fail at the highest level.

..the hell?
I don't trust midgets like Bennacer in central defensive roles either, but that's where it ends. If anything the best wingers, second strikers, advanced mids, playmakers and fullbacks tend to be short.
Shorter players tend to have better balance, more agility, quicker reactions and better ball control.

Aren't you a Modric and Kante fan?
You'll probably say "exceptions to the rule", which is true in Kante's case, but Modric is one of many playmakers on the shorter side.

Opinions on

Bennacer - Biglia* - Krunic

Now this looks more balanced than the madness of last weeks.
Krunic needs to be kept far away from Theo's flank if he has to start.
Bennacer is no anchor.

Not sure Krunic would be able to get into same positions as Paqueta, but it's worth a try.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Makalele Mascherano - more exceptions :o

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still wouldn't write him off as cdm. He is young and needs to start more than 1 game to gains some continuity.
He stole number of balls, but also lost possession in dangerous situations

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
..the hell?
I don't trust midgets like Bennacer in central defensive roles either, but that's where it ends. If anything the best wingers, second strikers, advanced mids, playmakers and fullbacks tend to be short.
Shorter players tend to have better balance, more agility, quicker reactions and better ball control.

Aren't you a Modric and Kante fan?
You'll probably say "exceptions to the rule", which is true in Kante's case, but Modric is one of many playmakers on the shorter side.

Maybe it's my eyes fooling me, as I haven't checked the actual centimeters (height and width) and compared... but it feels like Bennacer is reaaaaaaaaally small. Smaller than Xavi, Pirlo, Mascherano, Iniesta etc... What was the name of that juve midget who was very talented and ended up in MLS? He's that size.

Anyway, he got thrown around out there vs Lazio... and not because he didn't fight hard enough but because he just is that much weaker. And it doesn't help that there's no one helping him out either...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it's my eyes fooling me, as I haven't checked the actual centimeters (height and width) and compared... but it feels like Bennacer is reaaaaaaaaally small. Smaller than Xavi, Pirlo, Mascherano, Iniesta etc... What was the name of that juve midget who was very talented and ended up in MLS? He's that size.

Anyway, he got thrown around out there vs Lazio... and not because he didn't fight hard enough but because he just is that much weaker. And it doesn't help that there's no one helping him out either...

Yeah, Bennacer seems shorter than the 175cm he's listed as.
Perhaps because he plays in a spot where we're used to seeing tall players.

But it's probably more than that. I could've never guessed that Hakan(178cm) is only 1cm taller than Elf Zuzo(177cm).
Calabria does also look shorter than he actually is(177cm).

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Bennacer seems shorter than the 175cm he's listed as.
Perhaps because he plays in a spot where we're used to seeing tall players.

But it's probably more than that. I could've never guessed that Hakan(178cm) is only 1cm taller than Elf Zuzo(177cm).
Calabria does also look shorter than he actually is(177cm).

Hakan is really surprising. Calabria always looked like a 180cm guy to me.

That Duarte and Musa are only separated by 1 cm is also surprising.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan is really surprising. Calabria always looked like a 180cm guy to me.

That Duarte and Musa are only separated by 1 cm is also surprising.

Duarte is 183cm according to Whoscored. 186cm on Wikipedia.
Musa is 180cm.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

:lol::lol: Giovinco - he is much smaller than all the others mentioned. Maybe because Correa and Luis Alberto are taller than the norm that skewed how you saw him in the last match.

He did lose out on some battles but my impression was it more to do with his reading of the situation and lack of pace. He has this quick turn when he has the ball but to move quickly, even ten to 15 yards he isnt that fast in my opinion but it could be a strength issue as well.

I still think he can make it in a good midfield where he is given help and with experience he takes up better positions.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Duarte is 183cm according to Whoscored. 186cm on Wikipedia.
Musa is 180cm.

Transfermarkt has them at 182 vs 183cm. The bigger difference feels correct though. Shows that one has to take these sources with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if players or agents sometimes add a few cm.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
ConferenzaStampa5-Copy-1.jpg

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Our own verratti. We just need a holding midfielder next to him

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Bennacer: "Role models? I really like Iniesta and Verratti."

I've seen someone say on the forum that he has the style of Verratti, and I agree. However, now he needs to prove it on the field. Maybe we should deploy him in Kessie's role and have Biglia playing alongside him? If that gets the best out of him... why not.

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I still wouldn't write him off as cdm. He is young and needs to start more than 1 game to gains some continuity.
He stole number of balls, but also lost possession in dangerous situations

Yeah, I think he could grow to become a CDM with more experience, but at the moment I think it makes sense to play him in a more advanced role as he develops.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
He has really had a string of stellar performances. Even though I was aware of his quality and talent, he has really amazed me in recent games. Now, he seems like a more mature player, and isn't afraid to run forward with the ball from his own half - he is someone who gains more confidence by each game.

Initally, I thought it would take some time for him to recover from that Fiorentina fiasco, but here he is, back on his feet.

CMIIW, but he's suspended for the game against Napoli?

Schedule