The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 38 32.76%
Chelsea 50 43.10%
Arsenal 2 1.72%
Manchester United 12 10.34%
Liverpool 6 5.17%
Other 8 6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2018, 02:55   #30241
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Most Money invested in a team that can't even get to CL semi-final. WOW, now that's an achievement for the history books!
At least they're in the CL

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:56   #30242
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Lord Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
wow.
Does he get an additional trophy for being so far ahead with his much more expensive team?
>claims to be a football fan

>fanboys Dollaruma and Andre Silva

>shits on Pep's football

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
When was the last time Pepe even got to the CL finals?

Must feel funny for both Allegri and Simeone to have got to it twice since he last did
He already won it more times than those 2 scrubs combined

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleite View Post
Any and all clothes look good on our Ale ! ❤️
Hugh Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 16:51   #30243
Jammin
pour l'éternité

100 points babyyyyyyyyyy JESUSSSSS
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 17:03   #30244
Hugh Janus
fanboy

ez

Signature
Quote:
Old 13-05-2018, 19:46   #30245
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

100 pts in the EPL is really sumthing. And then there is the manner in which those pts were gotten... one can only applaud

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
van Basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 19:54   #30246
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post

He already won it more times than those 2 scrubs combined
Luis Enrique has won the treble with that Barca team and Messi. That says it all about the coaching skill required for it...

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 20:00   #30247
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
100 pts in the EPL is really sumthing. And then there is the manner in which those pts were gotten... one can only applaud

All of these recrds are impressive. But the one that got me was the 16 away wins. That's just crazy

Signature
Quote:
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Old 13-05-2018, 20:17   #30248
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Fav. Players: Diego Laxalt

32wins 4draws 2l
goals: 106 - 27

most balanced league
every team can upset ...

Signature

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 20:49   #30249
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post

most balanced league
every team can upset ...
Thats bc the league has never countered proper football b4. Its always been ping-pong... any1 can win on a given day.

England badly needed another year of this Guardiola and another year of this City team to really learn and soak up from. And even then, its England, it was a tough ask. But as things stand now... Pep wont be winning his 3rd WC.

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
Old 13-05-2018, 22:25   #30250
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post

EPL goals scored this season:

Aubameyang - 10
Sanchez - 9

Signature
Quote:
Old 16-05-2018, 10:06   #30251
Dwayne_YB
Pablo

Fav. Players: Fellaini, Ibra, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Batistuta, Beckham Berlusconi

Congratulations Pep for winning EPL manager of the year.

Hopefully you win manager of the year. Dominating the best league in the world is no small feat. Zidane shit the bed in the league. Liverpool is not winning the CL so who cares about klopp.

Signature
Pep Guardiola = GOAT
Dwayne_YB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 14:27   #30252
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Tribal Football

Quote:
Former Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo has hailed Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho.

Crespo played under the Portuguese in Chelsea before the pair reunited at Internazionale.

"It was more than just about me. It was amazing, his history in Inter," Crespo told Goal.comahead of the Chelsea legends game against Inter Forever on Friday .

"I tried to help him when he moved there. It was great for us to work together again after Chelsea.

"Jose is different. Jose makes a difference and writes history because the future of his clubs will never be the same after him, because when he comes he brings a warpath as a manager. I think he became a great manager after he left Porto. I think Chelsea gave him more of a reputation which grew and grew."

The Argentinian legend thinks Mourinho is more than the usual manager and that he has changed the football clubs all-around.

"I think to be part of that moment was like being part of history. After Mourinho, football managers all changed. They changed what they said in press conferences and the way they behaved. Everything changed. In that moment we understood that managers don't just choose the starting 11.

"They must understand everything all around. It is about your relationships with your players, staff, doctors and media. He understood all of it and he was very clear with everybody. With the fans, with the media, the players and the owners. I understood that it is more than just about the first XI, he was more than that."
Dick! I may remove him from my sig

Signature

Old 17-05-2018, 18:29   #30253
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Mourinho is a brilliant tactician and great coach, especially for star players, that are hard to handle.

I'd take him over Fraudiola, who hasn't achieved anything spectacular without Messi and tons of money, every day.

Signature
Old 17-05-2018, 18:37   #30254
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Mourinho is a brilliant tactician and great coach, especially for star players, that are hard to handle.

I'd take him over Fraudiola, who hasn't achieved anything spectacular without Messi and tons of money, every day.
mou doesnt spend money? Id say over the course of their career up to this point mou has spent more.

Signature

Old 17-05-2018, 18:39   #30255
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:

You do really like defensive football I see

Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 18:54   #30256
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Quote:

you know that Mourinho spent almost 400m in his 2 years in Man Utd right?

Signature
Quote:
Old 17-05-2018, 19:29   #30257
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Uniteds team on paper and the way they play is between day and night.. more boring to watch than allegris juve and I thought that was impossible

Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 20:05   #30258
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:

Should've invested in fullbacks

Signature
Quote:
Old 17-05-2018, 20:15   #30259
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
mou doesnt spend money? Id say over the course of their career up to this point mou has spent more.
I'm not saying he doesn't spend, but he has won trophies without overspending everyone too. Regarding the second point, do they have the same career length?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
You do really like defensive football I see
Nope, I'm not even a Mou fan. But, I do respect him as a coach. You don't have to like someone to respect him.

I like the style displayed by coaches like Heynckes, Klopp, Pochettino. But, I also admire those who get results despite having huge talent and money disadvantage, like Simeone.
Quote:

Wrong. 270 net spend and he has achieved good results, so it's worth it. He will win EPL in 2-3 years, which will be a big achievement, considering the shape of the team the past few years.

Signature

Last edited by Ronin; 17-05-2018 at 20:17.
Old 17-05-2018, 20:27   #30260
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

400m invested and you finish 19 points behind your city rivals

Signature
Quote: