Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Allegri: "I have many doubts about tomorrow's formation, both in defence, midfield and attack."

4 years in charge and still clueless who to bench? #DaiDaiDaiTaskForce

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He confirmed it himself but confirmation is worth nothing in AC Milan.

how the fuck did I miss those news?

when? where? how?

I wonder how the next coach will have a term for feces incorporated into a derisive nickname for him for some posters to use here

if he gets us to 13th spot thru middle season it wont be too hard

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a lot of reports that he would be offered a year extension in the summer after he was confirmed as a coach for this season. I don't see why it sounds so impossible for some people.

We can't know for sure unless Galliani confirms it. But I don't doubt Allegri himself refused it.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
There was a lot of reports that he would be offered a year extension in the summer after he was confirmed as a coach for this season. I don't see why it sounds so impossible for some people.

We can't know for sure unless Galliani confirms it. But I don't doubt Allegri himself refused it.

Allegri 3 thread here we come.

Tell you wut- if Allegri and the players can figure out how to get the team to CL spot this year, I'd give him a 5 year extension.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess he has his next job in line already... We probably have our next coach too.

Coaches usually get signed way before it's made public.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I d like prandelli, but more likely we will get an up and coming young coach rather than an established good coach

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Moreover, Allegri has said in interviews for a while that he wont stick around coaching for a very long time. Another decade or so is what he said couple of years back.

Starish

[Exemplary Сasual Dating Authentic Maidens]
Reaction score
Alright max time to unleash that 4-2-3-1

..........Balo
Kaka, Honda, Robinho
.....De Jong Monto
Urby, Bonera, Rami, Des

Kaka will play o the left since he is the only left attacker we have since El Sha is out, when El Sha is back Kaka moves to his throne in the center and Honda to the right wing.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Alright Max time to unleash the 4-2-3-1

--------Matri--------
-Muntari--Nocerino--Poli
------De Jong--Mont----

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Alright max time to unleash that 4-2-3-1

..........Balo
Kaka, Honda, Robinho
.....De Jong Monto
Urby, Bonera, Rami, Des

Kaka will play o the left since he is the only left attacker we have since El Sha is out, when El Sha is back Kaka moves to his throne in the center and Honda to the right wing.

I would put honda on the right robinho on the left, and the golden child in the middle.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Extension for just missing relegation?

Ye

Totally his decision

Will go down in history as one of the worse coaches we had

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sunday January 5 2014 Allegri: 'Milan relegation dogfight'

Massimiliano Allegri welcomed Keisuke Honda, but warned Milan-Atalanta is “a relegation dogfight.”

The Rossoneri host Atalanta at San Siro on Monday at 14.00 GMT, click here for a match preview.

Atalanta are very organised and doing well this season. It’s an important game and we mustn’t forget we have only 19 points. We need to look over our shoulders, as this is a relegation dogfight,” said the Coach.

We’ve got to start 2014 off the right way, because our table is unimpressive and we need to learn from our mistakes. We cannot afford another slip-up.

Tomorrow we must do everything possible to win, as the next few months have got to be different from the last few. We must have the humility to acknowledge we’re closer to the relegation zone than the European places.

On 19 points, Milan are only one clear of Atalanta and five ahead of the bottom three, whereas leaders Juventus have over double their tally.

Allegri has already confirmed this will be his final campaign with the Rossoneri, though it’s reported Clarence Seedorf could step in before the end of the season if the situation continues to deteriorate.

I was very clear and it was a decision I made last summer. I will not be the Milan Coach next season. You can’t stay at a club for life. I had four years here and think I did well, so I thank everyone.

The club will choose a suitable replacement for me. Seedorf is a very intelligent player who can have the qualities of a Coach, but they are two very different jobs... I am convinced the club will make the right decision.

Meanwhile, Adil Rami could make his official Milan debut tomorrow afternoon with Honda in the stands after his arrival from CSKA Moscow.

We’re doing well on the January transfer market,” continued Allegri. “This team has a good future and with one or two more players can challenge for the top spots next season.

I am curious to meet Honda and it’ll be good for Milan to have him in Serie A and the Coppa Italia. He is a technical player who will cover an attacking role. He has great enthusiasm, character and the desire to prove himself in Italy.

It is possible Honda could debut against Sassuolo next week, as I know he trained during the break. He has characteristics that only Valter Birsa brings us in the current squad.”

The Japanese international is unavailable against Atletico Madrid, as he already played in the Champions League this season with CSKA Moscow.

I think we’ve got a good chance of getting through to the next round. Our objective is to win the Coppa Italia and I want to end my four years at Milan in the best way possible.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Ye

Totally his decision

It was before the season. He had won a CL spot at that point.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Ye

Totally his decision

at what point in allegri career did we just miss relegation..?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Allegri: "There was a lot of criticism when Montolivo played in front of the defence last season but his future is definitely in that role."

This reminds me of his quotes about Boateng not being a trequartista, him being wrong to think he is one.
Somehow it continued... and this will too, probably.

I get that De Jong is not dynamic enough to be a good mezzala, but the single pivot of a 3 man midfield doesn't seem to be his thing either; not just because of his passing or height, but also his positioning. Either use a double pivot system, or do what's necessary to make Monto the anchor. Adding Nainggolan or another good B2B mid will improve the mid, but not fix that issue.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I see people are still over exaggerating again.

'Worst coach in Milan's history'

Ya... Now we know whose familiarity reaches waaaaay back to he Ancelotti years.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon

The consensus in the forum is we dont want him here. There isolated posters who say hes the worst guy to have walked this earth just like there posters on the other extreme who say hes the best coach/one of the best coach milan has ever had. In fact :lol: during the summer some were proclaiming him the second best coach in the league. I remember people were having a discussion about top 10 coaches EVER,the guy as on their list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think people not fair with Allegri: think about the unstable squad AC Milan have. AC Milan key players always change each season and go down on quality. Who is the DC of a champion team ? Those f**king DC bastards lose goals against equal to goals scored. And don't say Balotelli + El Shaarawy = Ibrahimovic.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
The consensus in the forum is we dont want him here. There isolated posters who say hes the worst guy to have walked this earth just like there posters on the other extreme who say hes the best coach/one of the best coach milan has ever had. In fact :lol: during the summer some were proclaiming him the second best coach in the league. I remember people were having a discussion about top 10 coaches EVER,the guy as on their list.

Point is,youre pulling a kuja and picking out those isolated posters and trying to generalize the population with having that opinion. Stop.

Bro your reading comprehension is annoying.

I say 'people here are over exaggerating' and you think I'm generalizing everyone. Re read the post. People here are over exaggerating. You even agreed in your post here. Jesus fucking Christ.

This guy... No wonder

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This reminds me of his quotes about Boateng not being a trequartista, him being wrong to think he is one.
Somehow it continued... and this will too, probably.

I get that De Jong is not dynamic enough to be a good mezzala, but the single pivot of a 3 man midfield doesn't seem to be his thing either; not just because of his passing or height, but also his positioning. Either use a double pivot system, or do what's necessary to make Monto the anchor. Adding Nainggolan or another good B2B mid will improve the mid, but not fix that issue.

last season, Monty played great in the anchor position. idiot allegrip make monty become inconsistent with field monty from anchor-- b2b and trequatista..this idiot coach haha ridiculous ever! ebay coach!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

If he's being considered the worst Milan coach ever, familiarity doesn't even reach a single season before him when we had a less capable coach.

threesics

Beginner
Reaction score
But wasn't Leo erased from history?
Leo is not that bad.
His era had many famous but not that motivated players.
For Allegri, he made many decision including discontinued contract with Pirlo.
Allegri was saved by Ibra in the first season, and ElSa.....Balo last season.
What the style and form of AC Milan now, no style, no form, no offense, no defense. His tactic is simple, put the ball to Ibra, Balo and running running running.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leo is not that bad.
His era had many famous but not that motivated players.
For Allegri, he made many decision including discontinued contract with Pirlo.
Allegri was saved by Ibra in the first season, and ElSa.....Balo last season.
What the style and form of AC Milan now, no style, no form, no offense, no defense. His tactic is simple, put the ball to Ibra, Balo and running running running.

Ya - you're right. We won the style points league that year.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Wait a second..

Allegri is criticised for using the ol' "kick it to Ibra tactic', the tactic that almost every manager who has Ibra uses... - because it's the best way to utilise a top 5 player...

and the memory of Leonardo employing the ol' "Give it to Ronaldinho on LW so he can cross it in' is erased? Both used one-dimensional tactics.

I'm not slating Leo, I enjoyed his time here very much even if we did incur an incredible amount of heavy losses...

but to claim he had more flexibility and creativity in tactical decisions is wrong. He played Huntelaar at RW because he was so set on the RW ffs. He played Pato on RW because he was set on it, and it truly caused Pato to regress.

Allegri's not perfect, Leo's not perfect - but don't forget one of their flaws to criticise the other.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good Balotelli sub today. His desire to play the ball led to the 2nd goal today. Could have been a very different game at 1-1.

Schedule