The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 12-02-2018, 21:19   #241
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

He is more important than a lot of people realize, although he has the ability to influence games more and can do more.

Since Rino came and scrapped Montellas idea of only playing out of the back through the back 3, the two fullbacks have become a lot more important in the team's build up. A lot of people think that if the fullbacks aren't bombarding down the line the entire game and whipping it crosses/assists then they aren't good. RR has really good feet and moves the ball out of tight spaces and into the midfield extremely well, it's easily his best quality so far. This is important especially when you consider how many times try to press us high up the field recently, notice how we struggled after going up vs SPAL. There's a noticeable difference in how he moves the ball out of pressure vs say abate or other players.

Idk why all you guys are so impatient with the new players anyway. How many highly rated players in Italy, fuck man even at Milan, come here and struggle to adapt before finding their feet and flourishing. RR has shown enough quality here and there to show that he deserves time. Especially since he isn't the only player new to Milan and serie a, he's part of an entire squad overhaul. He is fine, he will be even better. Watch him become great next season or sooner
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 21:43   #242
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Still better than DES, so I'm not complaining. He should use his right foot more tho. I think he'll be good enough for next 2-3 years.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 14:24   #243
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
good analysis, but i don't see him much valuable for an ambitious team
Honestly if I see a Delph in Man Citys Line-Up getting burned from FC Basel I think if RR can fullfill his potential we'll go a long distance with him

Gesendet von meinem BND-L21 mit Tapatalk
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 15:49   #244
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Bad in defense, mediocre in attack. If we don't see improvements during the rest of the season maybe we should start looking for a replacement.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 16:58   #245
Buske
World Cup Winner

^At the start of the season he was solid in defence and dangerous in attack, with pinpoint crossees
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 18:23   #246
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

I see where you're coming from. But he hasn't gotten that much worse compared to the start of the season, which means that he wasn't that good to begin with.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 07:07   #247
Dawn
Campione d'Mercato

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Still better than DES, so I'm not complaining. He should use his right foot more tho. I think he'll be good enough for next 2-3 years.
He's worse than DES. We have nothing on the left whenever he played. He's too slow for a FB

Signature
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 21:37   #248
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

Solid today and we looked less shaky in the back when he entered. Credit where it’s due

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 21:52   #249
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

passing under pressure was ok today. nice penalty.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 04:37   #250
Buske
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I see where you're coming from. But he hasn't gotten that much worse compared to the start of the season, which means that he wasn't that good to begin with.
I think he just doesnt get into crossing positions anymore... maybe because Hakan and Bona are on his side..
Maybe you are right, not sure yet
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 07:05   #251
joyrider
Il Moderati

Gattuso paid special attention to Ricardo Rodriguez, reassuring him after an early penalty was parried by Emiliano Viviano.

“He acted as if something disastrous had happened. Diego Maradona missed penalties too, imagine if Rodriguez doesn’t.”

great guy
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 11:45   #252
mato
World Cup Winner

RR is a very good player but I have bog doubts he fits in our system. He's probably one of the slowest FBs in calcio.
mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 20:13   #253
Ronin
Gattuso fanboy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Actually, he seems start getting along with Hakan and Bona. He's smart and skillful enough to become useful there. Not all fullbacks need to be super fast. Atletico's FB's don't seem too fast either, but they're pretty good.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 22:11   #254
dman32
Milan 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Actually, he seems start getting along with Hakan and Bona. He's smart and skillful enough to become useful there. Not all fullbacks need to be super fast. Atletico's FB's don't seem too fast either, but they're pretty good.
absolutely correct

Even I try to look for a flaw in his game... I would say he was shaky at the beginning of the season, but now..the guy is smart and so comfortable with the ball (Even under pressure)
dman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 13:04   #255
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman32 View Post
absolutely correct

Even I try to look for a flaw in his game... I would say he was shaky at the beginning of the season, but now..the guy is smart and so comfortable with the ball (Even under pressure)
Easily his biggest strength this season with us. I don't get why people are bashing on him for his Samp game. If it wasn't for the missed pk I'd say it was one of the best LB performances from a Milan player seen since ages (ok, that's exagerated too). It doesn't matter if you press him with two or even three players, RickRod stays comfortably calm and finds a way out of those situations.

People do really underrate how important that skill is. It gives us so mach stability in build-up game, it helps dragging players away from our attackers when the opponents are chasing the ball deep into our half and our defenders smh manage to play the ball out of that crouded area.

Also that goal from Bonaventura was initiated by a very good longpass from RR who shifted the game from his deep left side to Suso on the right side.
Old 20-02-2018, 18:06   #256
jawz10
Milinkovic Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Also that goal from Bonaventura was initiated by a very good longpass from RR who shifted the game from his deep left side to Suso on the right side.
That was Hakan, actually. And when Bona scores both he and Hakan arrive in the box after running from deep in their own half. Gattuso effect.
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 09:10   #257
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

http://december-nimbus.tumblr.com/post/171051273467

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 09:57   #258
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz10 View Post
That was Hakan, actually. And when Bona scores both he and Hakan arrive in the box after running from deep in their own half. Gattuso effect.
was it? Unfortunately I deleted my record of the game and I couldn't find a replay on youtube where you see that pass.
Old 21-02-2018, 11:08   #259
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

That pass was Hakan; one of his trademark precise cross-field balls to Suso.

RicRod - still not convincing enough for me. Nothing to do with the penalty miss of course, but I'd love to see him being more creative and unpredictable on the left.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 12:29   #260
Hitchens
Suddenly a great believer

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

If this season and the 2018 games has taught us anything, it is to be patient with our players. I think RicRod will raise his levels he just needs playing time and more adjustment.

Like Hakan he will find himself.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote