The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

View Poll Results: When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?
Pre-season 10 29.41%
September 6 17.65%
October 2 5.88%
November 1 2.94%
December 3 8.82%
January 3 8.82%
February 0 0%
March 0 0%
April 1 2.94%
May 0 0%
June 0 0%
They won't clash 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2018, 08:55   #5341
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

General Gennaro

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:49   #5342
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

More running, teamwork, fighting for the ball, better positioning.

Its what Vulture likes to see.

Much different from Midtablotella noballz & pu^y fotball phylosophy.

Signature

Last edited by VultureSheva; 11-02-2018 at 11:55.
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:01   #5343
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Signature
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 13:57   #5344
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

"PokeRino" - gazzetta

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:01   #5345
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Now that youtube videos with tactical analysis are coming out, maybe the 'Gattuso is just a former player' brigade will start giving him the credit he deserves as a good manager.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:38   #5346
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

idk, I think Montella captained the ship into absolute oblivion. Just a simple running exercise can spike up the teams performance to where we are now cause Montellaball was about standing. Not to mention variations of form. So I'd say the jury is still out for a year or so.

Signature

Old 12-02-2018, 18:14   #5347
acm55
Rossonero

Gattuso is currently the only and primary candidate for the Milan job for next season. He is making good use of the chance of he has been granted from the technical, physical and atmosphere around the squad [Sky].

Signature
FORZA MILAN!
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 20:03   #5348
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Rino is doing so well, and he hasn't even really done much tactically yet. Sometimes keeping it simple and picking the right style of play for your team(+mentality obviously) is more important than out thinking your opponents every week. Montella is a good coach, but he tried to rush the team into playing his way, and he got away from the more practical approach that made him so good last season.

Not that Rino doesn't have good ideas or is a tactical slouch though. He's just taking it slow and using a step by step approach, he has one of the most clear plans I can remember from our last few coaches. We probably won't see a true Rino team until next season when he has had an offseason and a transfer session to work with. I do really like to hear how he wants more players in the box though. That's so clearly how this team is built to attack. Hakan and RR left, Suso and Calabria right. Cutrone lives for space in the box, kalinic is decent in the air, Silva needs so much work but at least is strong and athletic. Jack and Kessie love to make those late runs in the box. Hell even Conti we know likes to get in the box. Milan doesn't have the creativity that Montella needed, this isn't stoke city but we can do some damage by flooding penalty areas I think.

Will say though, we will know more about Gattuso when the form starts to dip. He's done so great so far and he deserves a lot more time, but the team will face some setbacks that every coach of Milan has had recently, he is not the first coach to get the team on a run of form. I trust and believe in him, but the expectations are already started to get a bit too high, we'll see how he handles it
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 20:44   #5349
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Hasn't done much tactically... yeah right

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 06:34   #5350
Jasper
Maldini tier

Gattuso the driving force behind AC Milan's mid-season resurgence
by Anthony Lopopolo

Signature

Old 13-02-2018, 08:06   #5351
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
idk, I think Montella captained the ship into absolute oblivion. Just a simple running exercise can spike up the teams performance to where we are now cause Montellaball was about standing. Not to mention variations of form. So I'd say the jury is still out for a year or so.
I'm not saying Gattuso is a tactical wizard like Pep or a motivational freak like Conte. But he certainly seems to have the clear headed no-nonsense approach needed for a top manager (which to me is Carlo's best quality as well). He seems to know how to get the best out of his squad, how to play a style of game that suits their strengths, how to get little partnerships going (Hakan-Bona, Bonucci-Romagnoli) etc.

My frame of mind after watching football all these years is that such a quality is what I'd pick over being a brainy tactician or high-emotion motivational guru. The latter two really depends heavily on the raw material as well, and could flop just as easily as it could succeed.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:37   #5352
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

hakan-bona partnership looked good against spal...

some neat 1-2s and some nice movement between them.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 13:03   #5353
joyrider
Il Moderati

Gennaro Gattuso is reported to be the lowest-paid Coach in Serie A, as the Milan boss is on the same terms as his Primavera contract.

The former midfielder had been in charge of the youth team, but stepped up to replace Vincenzo Montella in the top job.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that he’s coaching the Rossoneri first team on the same terms as the youth team, meaning he earns €120,000 per season.

:Rino:
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 13:06   #5354
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

<3

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 13:28   #5355
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Out of all our coaches since Carletto, he's easily my favourite and he hasn't even won anything. Moreover, he's not the first Milan legend taking over as coach since Carletto. And I guess I'm not even the only Milan fan thinking so.

Only Rino can create such feelings. What a shame Kaka didn't want to come aboard. What a lovable duo it would have been.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 13:57   #5356
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I'm not saying Gattuso is a tactical wizard like Pep or a motivational freak like Conte. But he certainly seems to have the clear headed no-nonsense approach needed for a top manager (which to me is Carlo's best quality as well). He seems to know how to get the best out of his squad, how to play a style of game that suits their strengths, how to get little partnerships going (Hakan-Bona, Bonucci-Romagnoli) etc.

My frame of mind after watching football all these years is that such a quality is what I'd pick over being a brainy tactician or high-emotion motivational guru. The latter two really depends heavily on the raw material as well, and could flop just as easily as it could succeed.
Neruda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 14:00   #5357
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

And then uve got people who want to make cunte the highest paid coach in serie a to replace rino
Neruda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 17:00   #5358
Phantomx
Only Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Very good article. i liked it very much

Signature
Un sogno Per Alcuni…Un incubo Per Altri

Phantomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 06:00   #5359
Dawn
Campione d'Mercato

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Rino is doing well. Hope he can finish the season with us with something

Signature
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:56   #5360
Jasper
Maldini tier

Signature