Asian Football Thread

Who will win the Asian cup?

• Total voters

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Sage congrats, i just saw that Al Wehda won today 2:0 in the Asian CL :)

the fuckers ended up 3rd in the group, after a bs loss last week against uzbek $$ they had no chance to qualify, the defence is crap:fp:

im just happy because the team we beat today is iranian and we stopped them from qualifying because they needed the 3 points.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
the fuckers ended up 3rd in the group, after a bs loss last week against uzbek $$ they had no chance to qualify, the defence is crap:fp:

im just happy because the team we beat today is iranian and we stopped them from qualifying because they needed the 3 points.

Ohh didnt know this, sorry i dont really watch the Asian CL, better luck next time i guess :D

Whoz the fav now? Japanese? Koreans?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohh didnt know this, sorry i dont really watch the Asian CL, better luck next time i guess :D

Whoz the fav now? Japanese? Koreans?

Suwon Samsug Bluewings, FC Seoul, Nagoya grampus and Kashima Antlers would be my favs, so yeah between those 2 countries.

unless hamam decides to fuck them over.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dinar do you play? Or do you just support Dempo?

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Dinar do you play? Or do you just support Dempo?

Only support. :) But dont go to watch their matches. :fp: fcuking kick-off times in the afternoon! :thumbsdown:

Edit: Goal down via free-kick. :( Going out as of now.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Only support. :) But dont go to watch their matches. :fp: fcuking kick-off times in the afternoon! :thumbsdown:

So you dont play at all? Yeah timings suck...the sport is very underrated in our country :cry:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So you dont play at all? Yeah timings suck...the sport is very underrated in our country :cry:

Ohh I thought u asked if I play professionally :lol: yeah, do play for fun.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Out after losing 1-0. Was always a herculean task to win once Beto & Gawli were suspended.

But it was heartening to see an Iraqi stadium (in Duhok) packed to rafters. :)

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
THT Debates: Goa Is The New Football Capital of India

It’s a question that needs to be asked, now more than ever. It’s the proverbial elephant in the room that many fans from Kolkata and India’s eastern states, are loath to acknowledge. Kolkata, long considered India’s bastion of literature, fine arts, exquisite sea food and football finally looks like it has surrendered the mantle of being prime purveyors of the beautiful game, to that southern sunny paradise and tourist magnet Goa. The former Portuguese colony has seen its teams leap frog their illustrious Bengal counterparts in the race for footballing glory. But is this merely a cyclical pattern of various regions going through a series of peaks and troughs, with one enjoying a brief summer of resurgence before the balance of power returns to what the Kolkata clubs believe is the status quo? Three of TheHardTackle’s resident authors weigh in, with their opinions on what promises to be a tricky topic.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/tht-debates-goa-is-the-new-football-capital-of-india/

For Indian members over here. ;)

And my answer to debate is an obvious yes! :tongue:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
U.A.E v.s India in the early rounds of WC2014 qualifications.

since U.A.E have players that are retards who never play to their potential and are the biggest chokers(They make Arsenal look like incredible champions), I wouldn't be surprised if we face difficulties going past India.

I'm so sick of the NT, haven't checked news/cared about them in months, and it was the same case before, the Asian cup choking performances and dumb approaches. Even though we suffered in the Asian cup due to horrible luck in our first 2 games, its still no excuse for that BS which made me realize why I stopped caring.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Al Ain planning to come back to the top with those 2 players according to reports.

Al-Hilal Riyadh's Romanian centre-back and defensive midfielder Mirel Radoi (30) is expected to join Emirati club Al-Ain in a few weeks
Emirati club Al-Ain are closely tracking Fiorentina's Romanian forward Adrian Mutu (32) and are hoping to sign him for two seasons.

It's a shame to whats going to Al Ain, they were a legit Asian power house, one of the true big clubs in Asia.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^If we can get a decent (1-0 or 2-0 loss) result away then we can hope for something at home but am not expecting miracles let me be honest.

FC Midtjylland – Dempo SC Tie-Up : Can This Deal Benefit Dempo And Eventually Indian Football?
Monday, June 6th, 2011 | Posted by Somnath Sengupta

“We have achieved much in a few years. But our ambitions go further. India holds great potential, even when it comes to football talent, and we are pleased to have found a partner that matches FCM’s philosophy and commitment, and who have experienced success in its field in India.” – Bo Olesen, President of FC Midtjylland

Record winners of the I-League title, Dempo announced a tie-up with Danish club FC Midtjylland on 4th April, 2011. After several rounds of communication between officials of two clubs, a deal was finally struck. This is not the first time an Indian club is entering into a tie-up with a foreign club. Previously, there has been partnerships between East Bengal-Leciester City or JCT-Wolverhampton Wanderers – sadly these tie-ups have yielded little of no result, for both footballing and non-footballing reasons. Does that mean that Indian football fans should not be optimistic about this deal? Definitely not. In fact, in sync with Dempo’s well managed approach to football, this deal also looks good to reap rich benefits in future. FC Midtjylland is a unique club – let us take a look at what makes them unique.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/fc-midtjylland-dempo-sc-tie-up-can-this-deal-benefit-dempo-and-eventually-indian-football/

Would be interesting to see how this would pen out.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
^If we can get a decent (1-0 or 2-0 loss) result away then we can hope for something at home but am not expecting miracles let me be honest.

well, the last time the two sides faced off was back in november and U.A.E won 5-0, and half the starting XI was from the B team.

but with those choking bastards, you never know.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So there's hope, a fool's hope I might say. :D

But we get UAE and Bangladesh gets Pakistan in qualifying :head: should have been other way round. :(

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
So there's hope, a fool's hope I might say. :D

But we get UAE and Bangladesh gets Pakistan in qualifying :head: should have been other way round. :(

Bangladesh has a TEAM?????

:eek::eek::eek:

I guess being bengali, I should know about this, but I cant be bothered to give two shits about it....

:lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fifa to donate €4.2m as Japanese football continues recovery from March 11 disaster
The game's governing body has pumped millions into Japan's bid to rebuild football facilities following the March 11 disaster

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia...e-42m-as-japanese-football-continues-recovery

Al Ahli president hints at Fabio Cannavaro departure
The 2006 Fifa World Player of the Year insists he wants to honour his contract in Dubai but the club's president has suggested he may depart as part of a "major overhaul"

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia...-president-hints-at-fabio-cannavaro-departure

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Qualification round to London 2012

Round 2 1st leg

Australia 3-0 Yemen

South Korea 3-1 Jordan

North Korea 0-1 U.A.E :proud:

Japan 3-1 Kuwait :thumbsup:

China 0-1 Oman

There are 7 games left for today.
---------------------------------------------------------
Grafite signs for Al Ahli

Dubai’s Al Ahli Football Club has signed a two-year contract with Wolfsburg striker Grafite, the German club confirmed on its website Sunday.
Grafite, 32, has left on a free transfer to the UAE club and said the time had come “to find something new, take a further step and to think about the time after my playing career.”

Grafite joined Wolfsburg in 2007 and scored 59 goals in 107 Bundesliga games. He topped the league with 28 goals when Wolfsburg won the championship in 2009.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ours kicks off at 9:30 PM-IST (LIVE on TEN Action+). Hope we ain't gonna embarrass ourselves. :-|

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lost 3-1, horrible defending though.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
can we have the poll removed from the forum?? yes!! :)

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
any one from delhi who will come for the match v UAE?? PM me

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dutchman Frank Rijkaard to be unveiled as new Saudi Arabia coach - report
After a dismal 2011 Asian Cup and a failed attempt to hire Brazilian boss Ricardo Gomes, the Green Falcons look set to appoint a former Uefa Champions League winning manager

Former Barcelona and Netherlands coach Frank Rijkaard will be announced as the new boss of Saudi Arabia on Thursday, according to reports.

The 48-year-old, whose last job was at Turkish giants Galatasaray, will pen a three-year contract worth approximately €7.7 million in London on Thursday according to Novum.

The Green Falcons have been without a coach since their dismal 2011 Asian Cup campaign where they lost all three matches and saw boss Jose Peseiro sacked mid-tournament.

Brazilian Ricardo Gomes had agreed a deal to become Saudi Arabia coach earlier this month however it was cancelled after he violated the terms of the contract.
Youth team coach Rogerio Moraes Lourenco was placed in interim charge ahead of Saudi Arabia's 2014 World Cup qualifying second round match against Hong Kong on July 23.

However, Rijkaard is expected to be appointed in time to guide the team's 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.

The former Dutch international has a long list of honours as a coach, including winning the 2005-06 Uefa Champions with Barcelona.

Rijkaard also guided Barcelona to La Liga titles in 2004-05 and 2005-06 as well as winning the 2009-10 Turkish Cup with Galatasaray.

The Dutchman was also in charge of the Netherlands when they reached the semi-finals of the 2000 European Championships in Portugal.

Saudi Arabia, who had qualified for four consecutive World Cups from 1994 to 2006, has seen its Fifa ranking slip recently to 92nd in the world.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
im interested to see what he'll do with saudi, he will have to meet expectations, saudi are not some small NT.

btw

Luis Jimenez signing for Ahli

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...ng-for-ahli-spells-the-end-of-fabio-cannavaro

Alongside Jaja Coelho and Grafite, that makes 3 new signings taking the foreign spots, that means cannavaro is most def. leaving Ahli.

Coach Ivan Hasek rejoins Al Ahli as well, this guy is a really good coach, he won the league with them not too long ago, but left them to coach czech republic.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/uae-sport/ahlis-ivan-hasek-happy-to-be-back-where-he-belongs

I bet they're going to win the league next season, they're like 10min away from my house, not to happy about their progress. :tongue:

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Al Wahda turn down Lyon's advances for UAE talent Hamdan Al Kamali

By Ben Somerford
Jul 12, 2011 6:00:00 AM

UAE Pro-League club Al Wahda have turned down an approach from French giants Lyon for Emirati defender Hamdan Al Kamali.
The 22-year-old UAE international defender was wanted by new Lyon boss Remi Garde as he looks to re-build the club after Claude Puel's spell.
However, Al Wahda deputy chief executive officer Khaled Awadh told Sport360 the club wouldn't be letting the impressive central defender go.
“We have apologised that he cannot go even though they [Lyon] made an offer for next season,” Awadh said.
“The offer has been with us for a month, but we have written back and apologised to them because he has a contract with us and is still one of our players. He will be with us next season.”
Al Kamali, who has made 19 appearances for the senior UAE national team including all three at the 2011 Asian Cup, was listed in Spanish magazine Don Balon's top 100 young players.
Garde was quoted in Sport360 as saying: “I have heard about his qualities and we need him in this particular position. Al Kamali is talented, well-built and has a strong foot when it comes to free-kicks. He is a leader on the pitch

:fp:

What a stupid club. How is the national team gonna improve if the domestic clubs keep refusing offers for their young players from reputed clubs...

Sage, any thoughts?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
:fp:

What a stupid club. How is the national team gonna improve if the domestic clubs keep refusing offers for their young players from reputed clubs...

Sage, any thoughts?

its not the first time or the last time, back in the early 1990s when u.a.e were a proper strong team in asia, european clubs would ask for the main players of the NT, I remember someone telling me that ajax wanted zuhair bakheet.

Ismael matar was wanted by some french clubs, Lens wanted to sign him not too long ago, they just always reject the offers and sometimes the players dont want to go, which is absolutely ********, and even tho u.a.e is a such a small country(local population, u know first hand) we have some talents that can actually make it in europe, but its this ******** mentality that will never help u.a.e progress just like Japan and south korea did.

btw Hamdan el Kamali is potentially a very good defender, I can easily see him being the best asian CB(by a country mile) if he would move to europe and continue his progress there.

what they say at the end of the article is spot on.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
U.A.E beat lebanon 7-2 in a friendly.

You guys seriously need to watch this penalty.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
lol, that's amazing. Why isn't the goalkeeper doing anything?