The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2015, 16:02   #5801
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
His So Far Gone and subsequent signing were like Lebron joining Miami.
More like worst decision in music business of the decade. Later Macklemore(!) showed how it should've been done.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 16:11   #5802
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Cole is so corny and dull.

Pretty much everyone agrees bar Cole fans.

Kanye > Kendrick > Drake > Cole in terms of best mainstream rappers atm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Nah.

It's a widely held criticism that Cole is boring and corny. The same as Nas being criticised for bad production and Eminem for being corny.

Drake is soppy and emotional, but he's better than Cole. Maybe not as a rapper(but it's closer than it seems) but as an overall artist.

Cole's just dull. Heard the mixtapes, liked them, Sideline Story was dull as all hell, didn't go back. Born Sinner was boring, dull. How people claimed it was better than Yeezus shocked me.
Nas, Eminem, and J Cole are some of peoples' favorite rappers in America. Especially Eminem. He's more respected than Kendrick, Kanye, and Drake since he doesn't make a fool of himself like Drake or Kanye. Anyways I'm going off topic here.

But I respect your opinion Kuja but we both know being the best mainstream artist in a specific genre doesn't mean much. Like people could say in the rock scene Guns N' Roses or System of a Down were the best in their time but their music really wasn't that great. Especially System of a Down. Their lyrics and overall sound was just bad
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 16:31   #5803
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
More like worst decision in music business of the decade. Later Macklemore(!) showed how it should've been done.
As in he shouldn't have joined who he joined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
Nas, Eminem, and J Cole are some of peoples' favorite rappers in America. Especially Eminem. He's more respected than Kendrick, Kanye, and Drake since he doesn't make a fool of himself like Drake or Kanye. Anyways I'm going off topic here.

But I respect your opinion Kuja but we both know being the best mainstream artist in a specific genre doesn't mean much. Like people could say in the rock scene Guns N' Roses or System of a Down were the best in their time but their music really wasn't that great. Especially System of a Down. Their lyrics and overall sound was just bad
Don't take what I said as an attempt to slight them. I believe Nas is the best rapper ever, for example, but his production isn't great. Eminem is corny. Nobody should release a song like Fack for crying out loud. Eminem is a fool. He was incredible in his prime, but a lot of his stuff was unbridled pop-satire, cringey pop-satire..

Appetite for Destruction wasn't anywhere near bad.

Drake isn't bad. His production is very good, as a rapper he's comfortably above average. He has songs for the club and otherwise. He's insanely popular and critically acclaimed. He's no slouch.

Kanye is one of the best artists to come around for a loooong time. To have such a consistently great discography despite going a different way with each album is incredible.

Kendrick is just an insanely good rapper and his releases seem to have great consistency, let's hope he can keep it up.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 16:38   #5804
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth
 
Mr. Milanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
As in he shouldn't have joined who he joined?



Don't take what I said as an attempt to slight them. I believe Nas is the best rapper ever, for example, but his production isn't great. Eminem is corny. Nobody should release a song like Fack for crying out loud. Eminem is a fool. He was incredible in his prime, but a lot of his stuff was unbridled pop-satire, cringey pop-satire..

Appetite for Destruction wasn't anywhere near bad.

Drake isn't bad. His production is very good, as a rapper he's comfortably above average. He has songs for the club and otherwise. He's insanely popular and critically acclaimed. He's no slouch.

Kanye is one of the best artists to come around for a loooong time. To have such a consistently great discography despite going a different way with each album is incredible.

Kendrick is just an insanely good rapper and his releases seem to have great consistency, let's hope he can keep it up.
yet you say Coldplay sucks while pretty much describing them here

funny how Kanyes best song is featuring Chris Martin, and funny how Chris Martin is the one who makes the song so good.



Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 16:41   #5805
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

That isn't Kanye's best song.

And Kanye has a better discography, not that Coldplay's is bad.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 16:47   #5806
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
As in he shouldn't have joined who he joined?



Don't take what I said as an attempt to slight them. I believe Nas is the best rapper ever, for example, but his production isn't great. Eminem is corny. Nobody should release a song like Fack for crying out loud. Eminem is a fool. He was incredible in his prime, but a lot of his stuff was unbridled pop-satire, cringey pop-satire..

Appetite for Destruction wasn't anywhere near bad.

Drake isn't bad. His production is very good, as a rapper he's comfortably above average. He has songs for the club and otherwise. He's insanely popular and critically acclaimed. He's no slouch.

Kanye is one of the best artists to come around for a loooong time. To have such a consistently great discography despite going a different way with each album is incredible.

Kendrick is just an insanely good rapper and his releases seem to have great consistency, let's hope he can keep it up.
But I still don't think Drake should sing. He's more of a studio artist in that aspect where he can only pull off his singing in a studio than in a live performance. Don't get me wrong I like the Old Kanye as an artist (and I thought Yeezus was ok, though the misogyny is tough to listen to at times) but as a person he really is an idiot as shown and I can't stand him.



He said Becks needs to "Respect Artistry and Give Grammy Award to Beyonce." Like how much more of a douche can he be.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 20:48   #5807
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth
 
Mr. Milanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Default



tieso never fails
kshmr getting bigger

this summer may be the best summer i'll ever have


Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 04:21   #5808
Congo Powers
b+g immortale
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario
Default

just sorted out a little vacation for next month.....also purchased a white bucket hat

Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 04:51   #5809
Congo Powers
b+g immortale
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario
Default



#WhiteBucketHatBoys
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 06:27   #5810
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

Kanye West Says He Wants to Be the "Steve Jobs of Gap,"




joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 06:30   #5811
General
God Emperor of Humility
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Default

Someone somewhere said that 'drake can sing better... in the studio'


Raise your hands if you've stepped foot in a recording studio


Sings better... In a studio .. Calls them 'studio musician'



Signature
David, please sell me the forum
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 06:39   #5812
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Kanye is a persona, dude knows how to get fame
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 13:50   #5813
Qaas
Mystery Guy
 
Qaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Danmark
Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default

J cole is one of the most underrated raper. And Kendrick is just amazing. Can't believe he didn't win best rap album in last years grammys and he lost to frickin macklemore lool.

- also nicki minaj > drake
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 14:16   #5814
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Someone somewhere said that 'drake can sing better... in the studio'


Raise your hands if you've stepped foot in a recording studio


Sings better... In a studio .. Calls them 'studio musician'

Now I know you're smarter than that General Cosplay
Ahem. Autotune. That is all.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 16:09   #5815
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
J cole is one of the most underrated raper. And Kendrick is just amazing. Can't believe he didn't win best rap album in last years grammys and he lost to frickin macklemore lool.

- also nicki minaj > drake
Nicki doesn't have any project nearly as good as SFG, Take Care, Nothing was the Same and Drake's latest.

J. cole is just boring. Doesn't grab my attention at all.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 17:22   #5816
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk
 
Nestafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Aquilani. Current AC - Ibra, Tonali, Romagnoli,Tătă
Default

J.Cole is a footballer fools.


Comparing Kanye West to Coldplay


Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 06:39   #5817
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 04:52   #5818
Congo Powers
b+g immortale
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario
Default

yes yes yes yes yes



Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 08:59   #5819
AminAcid
Primavera Player
 
AminAcid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default



The title is appropriate for what we're going through.
The lyrics are just deep. This song always gives me goosebumps...

Last edited by AminAcid; 20-02-2015 at 09:04.
AminAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 03:33   #5820
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:04.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.