The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 20-04-2013, 11:09   #13441
leaf
Rule me Kamala!!!

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

So....he flirted with Inter and then chose Juve?
Grazie Maestro
Milan LEGEND

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:32   #13442
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
Put it as your avatar. I dare you.
The badge doesn't look right. Very Dali otherwise.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:44   #13443
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
So....he flirted with Inter
"Pirlo reveals that when Leonardo was coaching Inter the Brazilian called to sound him out about the possibility of moving back there."

Signature
Old 20-04-2013, 11:48   #13444
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
The badge doesn't look right. Very Dali otherwise.
http://danielnyariillustrations.tumb...ge/26330159143

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Jasper; 20-04-2013 at 11:50.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:52   #13445
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

^Thanks..

Quote:
Andrea Pirlo has written an autobiography, which covers his Milan leaving gift, how he nearly returned to Inter and dodging bottles thrown by ‘viper’ Antonio Conte.

The midfielder is set to publish his book, titled ‘I think, therefore I play,’ and La Gazzetta dello Sport published some extracts today.

Pirlo reveals he was less than impressed with his parting gift from Milan – a Cartier pen with the club symbol on it.

“A lovely pen, but still a pen. Filled with banal blue ink. Adriano Galliani told me ‘Make sure you don’t use that to sign a new contract with Juventus.’ At least he got the joke right.

“As a goodbye gift I expected something more than that perfect comic timing. My 10 years of Milan, gone like that. I smiled anyway.

“It was a mutual decision to leave, as I did not want to risk suffering from boredom. That is why I was disappointed at the end of that final meeting, but only to the right degree. So was Galliani.”

Pirlo also wrote about the fact Massimiliano Allegri wanted to move him to the left side of midfield rather than in front of the defence.

“I still thought I could give my best there. A fish breathes when it is in deep water. It makes do when near the surface, but it’s not the same thing.

“We never discussed money that afternoon in the spring of 2011. Never. In those 30 minutes, we didn’t broach the subject of economics with Galliani. I just wanted to be considered important, at the centre of a project and not a player heading for the scrap yard.”

He had joined Inter as an Under-21 international, but reveals then-Coach Leonardo tried to bring him back there when his contract expired with Milan in 2011.

“He told me great things about Inter, how happy and fired up he was. It could’ve been a great challenge to go back where I had already been, to cross the city after 10 consecutive years at Milan, nine of which had been extraordinary.

“Leonardo could’ve helped me with that, if he hadn’t gone to Paris Saint-Germain a few weeks later. I couldn’t do it, though. It would’ve been really too much and the Milan fans did not deserve an affront like that.”

Pirlo also considered an offer from Roma, but was “suspicious” when the new American owners wouldn’t go into detail about the kind of team they were building.

“I have dealt with many Coaches in my career, but Conte is the one who surprised me the most. He needed just one speech, with many simple words, to conquer both me and Juventus. We arrived together on the Planet Juventus.

“He presented himself to us on the first day of pre-season training in the gym at Bardonecchia. He already had fire running through his veins and moved like a viper. ‘This squad, dear lads, is coming off two consecutive seventh-place finishes. It’s crazy. Shocking. I am not here for this, so it’s time to stop being crap.’

“If Arrigo Sacchi was a genius, then what is he? I expected him to be great, but not that great. I thought of a Coach with a lot of grit and charisma, but instead I discovered he has much to teach his colleagues in terms of tactics and technique.

“Going back, there is one thing I wouldn’t do again – choose the locker right next to Gigi Buffon at the Juventus Stadium, the one in front of the door,” wrote Pirlo.

“It is the most dangerous spot in Turin, especially at half-time. Conte storms in and – even when we are winning – throws anything he can get his hands on towards the wall, which is my spot. He’ll throw anything he can find, almost always plastic bottles full of water. Very fizzy water.

“He becomes a beast and is never happy, as there is always some detail that isn’t perfect and he can see in advance what could happen over the next 45 minutes.

“One time we were losing to Milan and he couldn’t get over it. ‘Against them! I can’t understand how we can’t be beating them! They even play badly.’”
http://www.football-italia.net/33289...juve-and-conte

Signature
Old 20-04-2013, 11:52   #13446
jammin
pour l'éternité

No Jasper, I think he's looking for a badge of a more black and white style.

Excellent illustrations on that tumblr btw.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.

Last edited by jammin; 20-04-2013 at 11:54.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:59   #13447
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Sounds like the gayest autobiography ever written.

Signature

Old 20-04-2013, 12:04   #13448
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Sounds like the gayest autobiography ever written.
Yeah, whoever his ghost-writer was, the dude has done a shoddy job. You can't simply call a man 'Viper' in your book.

Signature
Old 20-04-2013, 13:59   #13449
Deunamist
F*** Juventus

Quote:
Pirlo reveals he was less than impressed with his parting gift from Milan – a Cartier pen with the club symbol on it.

“A lovely pen, but still a pen. Filled with banal blue ink. Adriano Galliani told me ‘Make sure you don’t use that to sign a new contract with Juventus.’ At least he got the joke right.

“As a goodbye gift I expected something more than that perfect comic timing. My 10 years of Milan, gone like that. I smiled anyway.
What did he want? An Audi?
Deunamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 14:10   #13450
nuttela
Super Bludfam

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 14:14   #13451
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

Quote:
Quote:
“I still thought I could give my best there. A fish breathes when it is in deep water. It makes do when near the surface, but it’s not the same thing.

Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 14:26   #13452
Jasper
Maldini tier

Signature

Old 20-04-2013, 14:37   #13453
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

A fish breathes when it is in deep water. It makes do when near the surface, but it’s not the same thing.
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 15:07   #13454
LemonCookies
Banned

I still don't see any concrete reason why he left in those words. He wanted to feel needed? Well, ok, clearly Allegri did think he was needed, only at LCM. Whether he would have been good there is beside the point.

Leaving because you feel played out of position is a shitty reason to leave the biggest club in the world.
LemonCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 15:20   #13455
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCookies View Post
I still don't see any concrete reason why he left in those words. He wanted to feel needed? Well, ok, clearly Allegri did think he was needed, only at LCM. Whether he would have been good there is beside the point.

Leaving because you feel played out of position is a shitty reason to leave the biggest club in the world.
He must have thought Milan was not going to win anything for the next few years and even if something like that happened, Pirlo would be a peripheral figure, while Juve's project represented a better chance of winning titles with him as a central figure (And so far in two years, he has been correct in his hypothesis). It's a fairly easy point of view to understand for any reasonably ambitious person.

Signature
Old 20-04-2013, 15:28   #13456
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
“It is the most dangerous spot in Turin, especially at half-time. Conte storms in and – even when we are winning – throws anything he can get his hands on towards the wall, which is my spot.
He should have thrown a condom at Pirlo's face against Bayern and told him to give it to Mandzukic.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 15:43   #13457
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Pirlo also wrote about the fact Massimiliano Allegri wanted to move him to the left side of midfield rather than in front of the defence.

Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 15:44   #13458
Casualista
Banned

^^ it looks very picasso.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 15:45   #13459
jammin
pour l'éternité

Courtesy of squaresolid

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 16:05   #13460
leaf
Rule me Kamala!!!

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
He should have thrown a condom at Pirlo's face against Bayern and told him to give it to Mandzukic.

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote