The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 14:03   #4041
Batman
Team Doctor

Fav. Players: Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Rather have Bennacer than Verepoop
Please explain why

(fyi I've been saying I want both for a long time, I'm just curious as to what your reasons are)
Old 04-07-2019, 14:03   #4042
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
For a diamond we probably need a total of about 9 or 10 players. Someone with Veretout's characteristics is needed.
For Europe, yes. For just Serie A and Coppa, no.

Why bloat the squad when there is no need too.

3 GK
8 D
8 M
4 F
Old 04-07-2019, 14:04   #4043
omer486
World Cup Winner

Algeria midfielder Ismael Bennacer has been named the best player of the group stages of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Empoli man played a key role as the Desert Foxes reached the knockout stage of the biennial tournament after failing to advance past the group stage in their previous outing in 2017.

Bennacer was a constant threat to Kenya in their opening game and assisted Riyad Mahrez with their second goal which sealed a 2-0 victory over the Harambee Stars.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:05   #4044
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Bad video resolution.. but woow he is a BALLER!

Sign him up please

Old 04-07-2019, 14:06   #4045
Batman
Team Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Bennacer has been a bright spark at the Afcon so far (best player of group stage award) and he did very well as the main play maker last year in a team that despite getting relegated played a good brand of football

You can tell he has some serious skill, but would he be ready to start for us? Think we'd need to get someone like Veretout along w him too? Giampaolo could be an ideal coach to help him grow

20m seems a bit steep despite his talent, I thought rumored price was 12m.. I guess its due to many teams being interested
I agree with this completely!

The 12m was for Pulgar I think. I heard 15 m for him, but yeah it does look like his price went up a little with afcon. Empoli are in serie b though and we could give them a couple of youth players or something maybe.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:08   #4046
Batman
Team Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanUNoTouch View Post
For Europe, yes. For just Serie A and Coppa, no.

Why bloat the squad when there is no need too.

3 GK
8 D
8 M
4 F
Nah that can't be right. A 23 man squad isn't enough for a season. Having a 25-26 man squad is not bloated.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:09   #4047
Neo'82
Always On Point

FFP Fc.

Signature
Abbraccia la rivoluzione
Old 04-07-2019, 14:09   #4048
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Unless it's a big name player that has really proven himself and comes with experience, whether a transfer is considered good vs mediocre vs shit is really subjective, especially if you haven't seen a player except for a few games and the player has not put on the shirt yet. We can only properly judge whether or not a signing is good after they've been at the club for a little while. Players explode all the time, and players flop all the time. Just cuz we haven't had a no-name side explode in recent time doesn't mean that all the midtable team players that we're linked with are shit. Proper coaching is a big factor.

Me and necro for example saying that Veretout would be a great signing is subjective, while people saying that ceballos would be a great signing is also subjective, and vice versa. Until they play with the milan shirt we won't know shit. Opinions are opinions.
I agree

Idk why people think Ceballos is such a certainty and would immediately take us to the next level... hes never been consistent.
Sure, hes had two fucking incredible U-21 tournaments but gotta be objective here that shits a level below.

I'd love him here because hes clearly incredibly talented and we could use such a skilled player, but then again only under certain conditions.

Veretout could very well have a bigger impact on our team. Hes been a very good performed for two years in a shit team, playing in various positions.
its no coincidence other good teams are after him.

either way i dont think these two are competing for the same spot in Maldini's shortlist. I think they'll want to get someone will Veretout and a younger player like Bennacer to cover CM this season, and the mysterious 30-40m MR X. being someone like Ceballos or Fekir (but this will probably be linked to players like samu, silva and borini leaving)

Signature
Old 04-07-2019, 14:11   #4049
beegees
Living Stoneman

Fav. Players: Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Alisson win Golden Glove in EPL, UCL and Copa America... at the same time.
wtf
Old 04-07-2019, 14:11   #4050
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I agree with this completely!

The 12m was for Pulgar I think. I heard 15 m for him, but yeah it does look like his price went up a little with afcon. Empoli are in serie b though and we could give them a couple of youth players or something maybe.
Pulgar 4sho, I hope Maldini has a meeting with his reps on the agenda

I'd be very happy with Bennacer and Pulgar, they both offer different skill sets

Pulgar at 12m is the deal of the summer

Signature
Old 04-07-2019, 14:13   #4051
Oedipus
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Please explain why

(fyi I've been saying I want both for a long time, I'm just curious as to what your reasons are)
He's young, very talented and i think he could be great under Giampaolo. Veretout is fine, but im just hoping that getting Bennacer instead of both leaves room for one more a bit marquee, midfield signing.
Also would like Pulgar.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:16   #4052
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:

The State of Qatar reportedly wants to invest in Milan, despite alleged denials from Elliott Management.

According to news agency Adnkronos, Qatar has ‘accelerated’ its interest in Milan and representatives of its investment fund are ‘in talks’ to buy the club.

Furthermore, a meeting has been scheduled between both sets of leaders after the fund switched their attentions from Roma to the Rossoneri.

To circumvent UEFA rules over ownership, the Diavolo would not be managed directly by Paris Saint-Germain chief Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who is also chairman of Qatar Sports Investments.

It would also leave the state’s attempted takeover of English side Leeds United in doubt.

Elliott, meanwhile, gained control of Milan last summer after previous owner Li Yonghong defaulted on a loan he borrowed from the hedge fund.

It has spent the past year stabilising their finances, which has seen them pull of the Europa League.

However, while Adnkronos claims to have received ‘no comment’ from the club, Tuttomercatoweb and Milan News report Elliott has denied the speculation to their sources.
Leo is returning y'all

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 04-07-2019, 14:16   #4053
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
For a diamond we probably need a total of about 9 or 10 players. Someone with Veretout's characteristics is needed.
Sure, would be nice to have more players. But if we're on a budget I'd rather have a smaller squad where everyone is involved. No Montos who don't play for a whole season or Mauri/Bertolaccis who only play if absolutely forced to. 23 players who can seamlessly slot in for rotation, fatigue, suspensions and injuries is perfect. Especially since we're not in Europe. Ideally would have some youngsters who can make the jump.

Real Madrid and Barcelona operated with compact squads during their successful periods. EPL squads are often bloated but they have too many competitions and they are loaded with TV money so they can afford it.

Signature
Those who don't play with pleasure for AC Milan don't understand football - Theo Hernandez
Old 04-07-2019, 14:19   #4054
Mario
AC Milan Icon

DM/CM - Pulgar 12m, Bennacer 18m

AM/CM- Fekir 30m or Ceballos 35-40m

back up AM/SS yoongen - Vignato 8m

CB - Nastasic loan w option to buy. Personally don't think we need to sign a CB like Lovren (although I do like him, he can be a rock) or Andersen with Caldara returning in October/November and Musacchio performing OK.

Something like that would be nice

we need to figure out the Donna (would he renew if he doesn't get sold?) situation and what's gonna happen with Suso and Silva/Cutrone, could potentially raise funds for a better partner for Piatek

gone full commode mode there, can feel my brain releasing the happy juices

Signature

Last edited by Mario; 04-07-2019 at 14:22.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:22   #4055
beegees
Living Stoneman

Fav. Players: Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

in football, Oil money is the only real money.

look at PSG and City, they didn't even give a single fuck for FFP.

Yes Please !!
Old 04-07-2019, 14:24   #4056
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Quote:
Nah that can't be right. A 23 man squad isn't enough for a season. Having a 25-26 man squad is not bloated.
It is when you're trying to cut costs. A player for every position for 39-44 games, that is nothing.

Anyway you just fill out the remain slots with Primavera players.

And how often does midweek matches happen? Maybe 5 over the course of the Serie A season and the Coppa is whatever, that doesn't start till December and is pretty much done by Feb.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:25   #4057
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
Alisson win Golden Glove in EPL, UCL and Copa America... at the same time.
wtf
Deservedly so. He's the best goalkeeper in the world right now.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:25   #4058
fray
Casciavit

Quote:

Yes Please !!
Both clubs are owned by the goverment.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:26   #4059
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Quote:

Yes Please !!
City record transfer is only 62m. Just because you have Oil money, doesn't mean you act like never had money before.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:32   #4060
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Unless it's a big name player that has really proven himself and comes with experience, whether a transfer is considered good vs mediocre vs shit is really subjective, especially if you haven't seen a player except for a few games and the player has not put on the shirt yet. We can only properly judge whether or not a signing is good after they've been at the club for a little while. Players explode all the time, and players flop all the time. Just cuz we haven't had a no-name side explode in recent time doesn't mean that all the midtable team players that we're linked with are shit. Proper coaching is a big factor.

Me and necro for example saying that Veretout would be a great signing is subjective, while people saying that ceballos would be a great signing is also subjective, and vice versa. Until they play with the milan shirt we won't know shit. Opinions are opinions.
Well, anyone can "spot" a talent when he already had a breakthrough season, or proven something.

A real eye for a talent is when you sign him before he is 30-40m player, or even more.
Closed Thread