The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:28   #21
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:40   #22
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

3 points baby, quest for Cl money still on.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:16   #23
doraemon
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
Kalinic reportedly set to return to the starting xi against genoa, montolivo could start in the place of biglia
Kalinic

How do we keep this damned fucker out of starting line up?
doraemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:20   #24
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Has Kalinic done anything to justify starting?

Fucked up against Arsenal, fucked up against Lazio...

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:27   #25
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Signature
Old 10-03-2018, 13:28   #26
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Fuck Drake!

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 14:08   #27
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

I'd want to give Andre Silva a run instead of Kalinic

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 16:04   #28
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccero9 View Post
we have also big games to play in the league against top sides so in order to complete the comeback we do not have the luxury to drop points in these kind of games.
people say that for every fixtures.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 16:12   #29
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Thank montella for that.

Signature
Old 10-03-2018, 19:54   #30
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I'd want to give Andre Silva a run instead of Kalinic
I agree.

I consider them both flopped. But Silva has some resellable value. Kalinic's price is only dropping with age.

Just in case anyone misunderstand me: always play cutrone whenever hes available.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 20:18   #31
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
I agree.

I consider them both flopped. But Silva has some resellable value. Kalinic's price is only dropping with age.

Just in case anyone misunderstand me: always play cutrone whenever hes available.
This should clearly be the idea every match.

Especially because Kalinic doesn't seem to really be doing much.

In fact, lately, Silva has seemed at least as good as him, if not better.

Signature
Old 10-03-2018, 20:37   #32
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Both of them have been poor. But Kalinic is clearly more suited to the way we want to play and essentially to any 4-3-3 formation, while Silva has looked like a fish out of water.

It's likely that even if he's in the worst form of his life, there's always a chance Kalinic will contribute to a goal because of his suitability to the overall attacking style of a 4-3-3. Silva on the other hand is playing poorly and detracts the overall attacking moves as well.

Kalinic is an easy 2nd choice after Cutrone.

Signature
Rino Reign
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 21:04   #33
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Kalinic has been god-awful in the past few games.

Recently, Silva has been better than Kalinic.

Kalinic is good at winning fouls

Signature
Old 10-03-2018, 21:21   #34
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody

Quote:
I agree.

Its about time Cutrone will be read like a book if Gattuso just continues to play him every game. He is too young to lead our strikers. Let him grow in peace.

Actually the type of players like Cutrone will be very useful if he comes from the bench, fox in the box striker, good position and fast. He will be more dangerous if he comes when some defenders are tired and get used to deal with a drop deep striker like Silva, and then we cross the balls everytime we can for him.

Kalinic on other hand is a massive failure. HE contributed nothing, couldnt pass, couldnt shot, couldnt do a single first touch, 10 times worse than Matri. He should stay away even from Milan's bench asap.

Silva should be a starter, rotational with Cutrone, sometimes sub Silva/Cutrone out for another, or sometimes sub Jack out to make a duo Silva Cutrone, depends on situations.

We will be way more unpredictable if we do this.
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 21:33   #35
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Big test. If we bounce back I will be even more impressed by gattuso. Lots of past Milan coaches have had the team go on a great run of form, this is where I expect Rino to seperate himself even more than he already has, when the inevitable slip up happens. How can he get the team to react. I know he's got it
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 22:43   #36
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
Its about time Cutrone will be read like a book if Gattuso just continues to play him every game. He is too young to lead our strikers. Let him grow in peace.

Actually the type of players like Cutrone will be very useful if he comes from the bench, fox in the box striker, good position and fast. He will be more dangerous if he comes when some defenders are tired and get used to deal with a drop deep striker like Silva, and then we cross the balls everytime we can for him.

Kalinic on other hand is a massive failure. HE contributed nothing, couldnt pass, couldnt shot, couldnt do a single first touch, 10 times worse than Matri. He should stay away even from Milan's bench asap.

Silva should be a starter, rotational with Cutrone, sometimes sub Silva/Cutrone out for another, or sometimes sub Jack out to make a duo Silva Cutrone, depends on situations.

We will be way more unpredictable if we do this.
The method you are describing has ruined our season. We went down this road with Montella already. The reason why our season has been brought back to life is because we stick to one system with same starters who got accustomed to each other.

Cutrone from the bench and let him grow in peace? Ancient mentality. Donnarumma has had the best practice in life because he started and was excused after any mistake. In this Milan, you can learn and mistake as long as there is a deficiency of quality. Cutrone ain't 17. I don't see why we should bench a motivated hard worker with good performance.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 23:24   #37
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody

Quote:
The method you are describing has ruined our season. We went down this road with Montella already. The reason why our season has been brought back to life is because we stick to one system with same starters who got accustomed to each other.

Cutrone from the bench and let him grow in peace? Ancient mentality. Donnarumma has had the best practice in life because he started and was excused after any mistake. In this Milan, you can learn and mistake as long as there is a deficiency of quality. Cutrone ain't 17. I don't see why we should bench a motivated hard worker with good performance.
what montella failed in milan because we didnt have a clear strategy and playstyle, we walked around in circle, 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 etc... its not only about the players he used, now we are having a clear style, some versatility is always good

i didnt say cutrone should be benched every game, what i said is he should be a rotation option, shouldnt put the pressure on his shoulder so much, and in fact he scored in some pretty nice games where he came from the bench in the past

gattuso should anticipate games differently: like when against weaker opponents cutrone will be starter so we can use his killer instinct to break the bus, against stronger opponents which we struggle to hold the ball and keep possession, we need silva type to move the ball more smoothly etc...
ofc its not easy like that but thats just my example

bold part well i can say donna's case is really rare in football, he just really lucky because we actually gambled, we didnt have any better option, other GKs shared him the 1st spot and he satified our requirements eventually
beside u cant compare a GK with a striker, u can study and read movements, playstyle from a striker, but not from a GK, you can only know about his reflexes or stuff, totally different story
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:12   #38
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

off the charts rain at Genoa during the day - https://www.yr.no/place/Italy/Liguri...r_by_hour.html

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:48   #39
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

We can't afford any losses/draws if we want to make it to top 4, so if we don't win we might as well lose 5-0 because it doesn't even matter

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:35   #40
MilanBlood
Rookie

In my experience a game like that after the painful lose we should explode, genoa will be a victim.
We can't critisice our players not this year, With so many new players it's hard to connect as a team so fast. It will take time.

We have a great run so far as gattuso took MILAN to his hands.

Loosing is part of the game we should take it learn from it and fight back with full power.
We are milan! and as milan fan i belive 100% in my team every game!
FORZA MILAN!
MilanBlood is offline   Reply With Quote