Crespo ready for ACM ?!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crespo ready for Rossoneri Sunday 16 May, 2004
(channel4.com)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hernan Crespo concedes he is prepared to take a pay-cut and sit on the bench if he can join Milan, while Frank Lampard also considers a Serie A switch.

“I must thank Carlo Ancelotti,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’, “as he had a lot of patience with me.”

For several weeks now Ancelotti has been commenting in press conferences that his favourite striker in the world is Crespo.

The two men shared a fruitful alliance at Parma, despite the Argentine’s dismal start to his Serie A career.

“It would be just wonderful to work with him again,” noted the striker. “Only Ancelotti and I know what strains it took to get me on form during those first two seasons at Parma. I owe him a debt of gratitude for that.”

He has gone on to success at Lazio and Inter, but has struggled to settle in at Chelsea and is expected to leave this summer in an £11m deal.

The one problem could be the fact that Milan already have Andriy Shevchenko, Pippo Inzaghi and Jon Dahl Tomasson at their disposal.

“There are absolutely no issues here,” assured Crespo. “I am not a kid and know the rules of the changing room. I’d even be willing to take a pay-cut if it meant joining the Rossoneri.”

He is already familiar with the San Siro due to his time here with Inter, but claims he would be honoured to join their arch-rivals.

“If it is true that Chelsea no longer want me,” he continued, “then my first choice would be Milan.”

Chelsea look set to sell several of their top stars this summer and both Inter and Juventus are keeping a close eye on Frank Lampard’s situation.

“The way things stand,” his agent Steve Kutner is reported as saying, “Frank doesn’t feel that he will be able to stay.”

The England midfielder wants wages that match those of teammates Crespo and Juan Sebastian Veron – said to be in the region of £90,000 per week – but contract talks have reportedly broken down.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
well it looks Crespo really will join us ..
:D

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
Yeah he would be a good signing and hopefully now still a defender as second big signing

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Sandro Nesta said:
Yeah he would be a good signing and hopefully now still a defender as second big signing

Its Stam or even + Zebina

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
I hope not I hope it will be Mexes

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Looks like a dissapointing transfer campaign for Milan. We bought an old defender, plus one of the worse attackers with a pricetag of £11 million.
With Juve going for the younger players, I'm sure they will become a though team too beat once more, and with Milans older players looking to retire, I'm affraid we're looking at a team playing like those darks years of 97-98.
Still the offseason hasn't even started yet, so perhaps Galliani has a few aces up his sleeve, hopefully one of these will be Ferrari or Bonera.
Let's also hope the entire Zebina roumer was a sick joke.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Name me a team in Italy that has ever won anything with young players. And those "dark days of 1997" were actually when we bought young players and who couldn't handle it being at Milan.

I don't know why keep people keep bleating on about age on here. It's all I ever hear. All this talk like "if we buy Kompany he'll play for us for the next 20 years. what a bargain!" :D

Sometimes I wonder if people actually watchfootball here.

Yes, in Championship manager when you buy good young players, who are good on the game, you can have the same team for ten years and win the league every year. Football doesn't work like that. Players develop at different times and if we had some people's way on here we would end up with these flash in the pan players and any young striker that comes from France on the basis that he's black and so he must be the new Thierry Henry.

Course we should always consider age but not to the point where you're turning down pedigree for someone who's looked quite good this season and you know hasn't started to shave yet so you're getting these dizzying notions of 20 years of service.

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
My point is, we have to buy young players now so we wont have to risk playing bad again.
Age is an important factor in all sports, older players tend to get inujured more often, we've had a very good season with fairly low ammounts of injuries.
The best way is a mix of old and young, where the more experienced players teach the young ones how to behave on and off the team.
Another thing I have to mention is that younger players are much more hungry for success, they feel like they have to prove what it takes to play for a team such as Milan.
look at Gilardino whos played fantastic this year and scored 4 past Udinese today. He will prolly go to Juve for next season and with such a purchase the black and white suddenly look like favorites for the scudetto of 2004-2005.
We need a plyer like that, young and hungry with ambitions of winning everything. We need a player like Chevanton, not fat over payed "stars" like Crespo.
Will be intersting to follow Coloccini next year if he is given a place on the squad.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
besikaka said:
well it looks Crespo really will join us ..
:D
And you're happy about this because... ???

He's an overpriced 3rd or 4th choiced striker. And it's a true sign of desperation if this "man" is allegedly "ready" to take a wage cut.

That mercenary should go to Qatar and join his "best friend" Bati-no more-gol. ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Noone wants a team full of 17-year olds, stop the polemics. Or... let's keep it up:

Milan's team is aging + IMO will become so much more prone to being outplayed + outpaced + might experience their 'Deportivo' more than once in the coming season. Just as you don't want to see someone who hasn't shaved yet I don't want to see the majority of players coming on the pitch in wheelchairs + on crutches. A lot of people seem to think that just cos Maldini, Cafu, Pancaro + Costacurta had another fairly decent year it will go on like this for years to come but players of that age are bound to go nowhere but downhill + sometimes very rapidly to boot. You can't just shrug it off as if it wouldn't matter. In such a situation it is a joke that 30somethings will have to be subbed by almost40s.

According to your logic there would have never been a Pele or a Maldini. Players who have the talent + maturity + ambition should be given the chance to prove themselves...... facial hair growth or not :o

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
11 Million is just ridicuolous!!!!!! He's not worth the money.
Kaka was only less than half of Crespo's ridiculous price tag and now Kaka worths at least 30 Million.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Also I hope it's not official yet.
I would welcome Crespo for only less than 5 million. Anything more than that, I'm ganna be ashamed of whoever is responsible for Crespo's transfer.

Luis Fabiano is better.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Acer1899 said:
Looks like a dissapointing transfer campaign for Milan. We bought an old defender, plus one of the worse attackers with a pricetag of £11 million.
With Juve going for the younger players, I'm sure they will become a though team too beat once more, and with Milans older players looking to retire, I'm affraid we're looking at a team playing like those darks years of 97-98.
Still the offseason hasn't even started yet, so perhaps Galliani has a few aces up his sleeve, hopefully one of these will be Ferrari or Bonera.

I agree partly with you, I don't believe that our transfer policy will bring us medals for the future...We don't need further aging players like Stam, Dhorasoo etc, we need young&hungry players who'r dying to prove their worth...

Mexes, Ferrari, Bonera, Gilardino etc is the future, not the likes of Stam, Dhorasoo etc..

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
I am pro old & experienced player but also pro young players. We need young players like Bonera, Gilardino and (for example) Rafael van der Vaart to get a mix between the two. The veterans could keep the young players sharp and guide them to become the team carriers.

I am pro Hernan Crespo. He had a shit season at Chelsea with the rotating system. Didn't like the Premiership and wants to leave. Crespo's a complete striker who can head and shoot. I rate him higher than Filippo and on the same level as Sheva (if in form). 11 million pounds is a lot of money, I agree. But we'll get a world class striker, or did that change when he joined Chelsea?

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Crespo is a world class striker but 11 million does seem something of a risk for me. Especially when I'm thinking we should have more of a supporting striker or someone who can create as well as score. If we can negotiate for lower then I think it would work out well for us. I don't have such a short memory to say that he's crap. I think Crespo would do great at Milan.

Gilardino only should be bought if we can guarantee him a first team place. Juve look like they have made a space for him by selling Trez and so he should go there.

Young players obviously need games to grow and Milan, at this time, just cannot offer a young player those games. They are unwilling to retire Maldini and get rid of Pippo, so why would they buy Bonera, Ferrari and Gilardino and have them sit on the bench? It'll help no one. Juve are forced to because they are having a clear out after a bad season that won nothing.

Stam will restore continuity and fill in for Cafu at right back or Maldini at centre back at any one time (I expect Cafu and Maldini to be rested a lot more), by next summer we'll have Rafael from Flamengo and Maldini may be retiring for which it would make more sense to get a young star central defender then. Or maybe Stam and Nesta will be the permanent pairing.

Either way I think Milan are doing well not to jump in and buy this summer's Legrottaglie.

I think history has shown that when Milan really needed to buy big and smart and in an important area, they did it.

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Damn this Gilradino is a very interesting player. Too bad he said himself he's a die hard Juve fan, I'd doubt he'd be willing to join Milan and risk sitting on the bench.
I really hope Trap picks him for Euro 2004.

Shadowfax

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah,Boban,Sheva,Kranjcar
K-J said:
I am pro old & experienced player but also pro young players. We need young players like Bonera, Gilardino and (for example) Rafael van der Vaart to get a mix between the two. The veterans could keep the young players sharp and guide them to become the team carriers.

I am pro Hernan Crespo. He had a shit season at Chelsea with the rotating system. Didn't like the Premiership and wants to leave. Crespo's a complete striker who can head and shoot. I rate him higher than Filippo and on the same level as Sheva (if in form). 11 million pounds is a lot of money, I agree. But we'll get a world class striker, or did that change when he joined Chelsea?

U got d point!!Pippo sucks,crespo would b great sinning!

Shadowfax

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah,Boban,Sheva,Kranjcar
Velez Mostar said:
Acer1899 said:

I agree partly with you, I don't believe that our transfer policy will bring us medals for the future...We don't need further aging players like Stam, Dhorasoo etc, we need young&hungry players who'r dying to prove their worth...

Mexes, Ferrari, Bonera, Gilardino etc is the future, not the likes of Stam, Dhorasoo etc..

Yeah wright!! U r against them now but we will see when the season starts,they will prove their joining 4 champs especially Stam who is 1 of d best defenders in the World!
Forza Milan

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
if you ask me it would be a perfect solution for both him and us...

1.He is not wanted in Chelsea.
2.He has a good relationship with carlo ancelotti
3.said that he doesn't mind being benched in milan.
4.whether you like him or not he is a suberp striker with tons of serie A goals and experience..
5.He wants ACM and is prepared to had a wage-cut, also does't like Inter that much after they let him go in a bad manner...
6.I don't even want to say it ...but if sheva got injured CRESPO-PIPPO would still be both Top-scorer contenders...

Chevanton - I like him a lot but I don't think he would be too happy on the bench.
Gilardino - amazing, yet loves Juventus and they are bidding for him as well.
Luis Fabiano - Great but I think he has cassano type temperamet...and might be disruptie to the team if he is not played enough...or doesn't perform...
Bazzani & Corradi - why... again... more first team players than bench warmers..

----------Shevchenko-----------Crespo-------------
--------------------------Kaka'------------------------
------Seedorf----------------------------Gattuso-----
---------------------------Pirlo-------------------------
--Maldini-----------------------------------------Cafu-
----------------Nesta---------------Stam--------------
---------------------------Dida-------------------------
----ehh....!!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Acer1899 said:

That's exactly right! I still can't believe a lot of ppl are happy about speculation with Zebina joinin Milan :o

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Don't you see the match against Brescia yesterday?
Sheva-JDT are the best pair for Milan right now. With Pippo healthy again on the bench and Boriello ready to show that now he is mature enough, Milan does not need any striker for next season.
It is okay if Milan buy 1 more striker, but please buy a player that ready to accept any role designated for him by the coach, just like JDT did this season. So, we need another JDT to fill up our up front.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
I think we need a new striker......4 top class strikers is what every top team in the world should have (unless your Florentino Perez and think you can win everything with just one could player in 6 of your positions). I think most of you will agree that in the last two seasons 02/03 and 03/04 we have had injury problems to one of our striker. Last year it was Sheva and we had to do with just Tomasson and Inzaghi and this year it was Pippo. That left us with just 3 strikers including Borrielo who really hasnt established himself yet - 2 established forwards isnt enough. With Crespo, or Fabiano (Ide prefer Fabiano because he is 24 :D and has scored 112 goals in only 150 matches - phenominal) but we sha'll wait and see.....whether its Crespo or Fabiano a new striker would be great.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Don't get Crespo, better get Gilardino. He's 100x better. Plus he can be offered smaller wages. Plus he'll be much Cheaper. Plus he WILL SIT ON THE BENCH when Ancheloti tels him to. Plus he's ambitious (he scored 4 goals for Parma hoping they'll catch place 4). He's strong, fast, determined, acurate, tehnical and he's YOUNG.
There's no problem that he used to be a Juve fan. He will fall in love with the group at Milan. You know that's what all players that come to Milan say. ;)

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i'd take either Luís Fabiano or Crespo. They are both valued at £11 million each but i think Galliani could negotiate the prices down. Fabiano is young and very strong/prolific goalscorer, Crespo is proven in the Serie A and would even sit on the bench. Having one of these guys would give us alot more squad depth as for attackers we only have Sheva + Pippo/JDT who are more advanced/poaching strikers, although JDT has been pretty versatile this season.

Gilardino/Cassano would of course be great options but Gilardino is bianconeri and the giallorossi would be stupid to let cassano go. So its either Fabiano or Crespo, and IMO both are good enough to be first teamers at Milan.

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
reports suggest chelsea want to sell crespo

crespo is saying he would love to return to italy and it seems he has milan in mind

what could be more perfect?

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
If we could get Luis Fabiano OR Hernan Crespo for the same price (11 million pounds?), I would go for Crespo. He's got loads of experience in the Serie A AND Championis League while Luis Fabiano has never played against top defenders like Puyol and Silvestre (it's hard to think of top class defenders if we own them all ;) ). Hernan Crespo is also willing to stay on the bench thus making it more interesting for Carlo to change upfront.

Jasiom already covered everything for me and savicevic made great points. Agree with both
icon14.gif

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
Hernan Crespo....
pls silvio get him.
he is striker milan need.i
nzaghi is bench man if crespo comes.
do it.

god bless u.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
K-J said:
If we could get Luis Fabiano OR Hernan Crespo for the same price (11 million pounds?)
Crespo's alleged pricetage is £11m (approx. €16.5m)

São Paulo's asking €20m for Fabiano

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
mad4milan said:
Crespo's alleged pricetage is £11m (approx. €16.5m)

São Paulo's asking €20m for Fabiano
Another reason to go for Crespo.

Schedule