Giampaolo Pazzini Thread

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cassano for sure should leave, 100%. But not for Cassano + 7m = Pazzini.

Pazzini is the worst striker in Italy, he's even worse than Gilardino. It is so sad how hopeless he has become at Inter. He will never, ever find success at any Serie A team again until the end of his career. He lacks the quality, the talent, and the character to do so. This is the worst Milan deal I will ever witness.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Yeah, no issues with cassano's play

but cmon guy can;t play 90 and has a history 3 miles long of being a major problem when malcontent

I'm just disappointed Milan has to add 7 million. Should have been less considering Pazzini not being in the plans, not even got a number, and there was even talk about just ending the contract? Then 7 million seems a lot for an average 28 year old striker if you also give a quality player to them, and us being stingy. I thought Galliani was good in making deals...

Elio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa. Ibrahimovic. Nocerino. Prince. Robinho. El Shaarawy. Honda
I would rather have Pazzini than a player who does not want to be here and can leave for free next summer. Pazzo having one crap season does not make him a bad player; he had a very good goal scoring record at Sampdoria, can put away his chances and get us a goal when in need of one. Pazzini to score the winner for us against Inter in October :proud: :star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm just disappointed Milan has to add 7 million. Should have been less considering Pazzini not being in the plans, not even got a number, and there was even talk about just ending the contract? Then 7 million seems a lot for an average 28 year old striker if you also give a quality player to them, and us being stingy. I thought Galliani was good in making deals...

it's 7 mil over 3 years, like 2.3 a year. Meh.

AKA it gives us flexibility. As far as I know, its a personal issue between pazzini and inter.

Considering inter paid what 18 mil for him 18 months ago, and he did score 11 goals in 14 games for inter in 2011, so we can't call him a flop. He was awful when inter was overall awful in early 11/12. Milito hit form over him.

Remember how milito was awesome, crap, then came good? To think Pazzo won't come good is a bad idea. I mean 12 months ago, everyone would havce said 'milito's TRASH' and then he bounced back.

He's really not average. He's a pretty quality player and always been seen as such, even winning young player awards.

I think he's actually pretty ideal for a pato back up, because he's reliable/knows how to play. And we NEED a proper CF

I would rather have Pazzini than a player who does not want to be here and can leave for free next summer. Pazzo having one crap season does not make him a bad player; he had a very good goal scoring record at Sampdoria, can put away his chances and get us a goal when in need of one. Pazzini to score the winner for us against Inter in October :proud: :star:

pretty much.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Cassano! So good!

No money! Straight swap!

Barca pay 10mil+Messi! NOOOOW

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it's 7 mil over 3 years, like 2.3 a year. Meh.

AKA it gives us flexibility. As far as I know, its a personal issue between pazzini and inter.

Considering inter paid what 18 mil for him 18 months ago, and he did score 11 goals in 14 games for inter in 2011, so we can't call him a flop. He was awful when inter was overall awful in early 11/12. Milito hit form over him.

Remember how milito was awesome, crap, then came good? To think Pazzo won't come good is a bad idea.

He's really not average. He's a pretty quality player and always been seen as such, even winning young player awards.

I think he's actually pretty ideal for a pato back up, because he's reliable/knows how to play. And we NEED a proper CF

Let's say he's between average and quality in, but whatevs. I also wanted him, and I would have not been disappointed with the worth of the deal if it wasn't for Inter forcing him out. He's a good add for Milan. We desperatly needed a striker, and I prefer him over both Borriello and Matri.

I also feel like that (Bolded part).

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
excuse me?

he is a very consistent finisher. That's a skill right there. Probably the main skill you want from a CF.

2010/11- 20 goals, 94 shots
2009/10- 19 goals, 75 shots
2008/9- 11 goals, 43 shots (half season)

50 goals, 212 shots. I mean what more do you really want?

Borriello would kill for that record.

What is this? Why are u posting these stats, what does this suppose to prove anyway:lol:? Goals per shot.........yeah this really tells something about the player.

Speaking of confident finishing since he seems like a milan player now i really hope he isnt the same sorry excuse of a finisher he was last year. The sitters he missed from point blank rival those of robinho. Sadly unlike ribinho finishing is the only thing he is supposedly good at.

Who knows. He is 28. Its not like id be the 1st time someone would start to deteriorate at that age.

So hopefully he really was just.........uhh, traumatized by the cold FC Internazionale environment. But dayum, he must have suffered some severe setback to miss all those sitters. Moratti dropping his yellow dentures in his coffe or something is the only thing i can think of that could have unsettle him THAT badly.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
for what it's worth....

robinho's crossing v. cassano

2011/12, 2010/11 OVERALL Crossing %
robinho 24/71, 19/60, 43/131 32.8%
cassano 21/62, 24/66 45/126 25.7%

Cassano is the better crosser, but not by A LOT. Robinho can set up a lot of goals.

With CF being Pato (who robinho always worked well with) and Pazzini , who has excellent offball movement, we should see a lot more headers type goals.

If we did manage to add kaka.... it'd only be better... as he and robinho have great chemistry and both pato and pazzini would thrive

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What is this? Why are u posting these stats, what does this suppose to prove anyway:lol:? Goals per shot.........yeah this really tells something about the player.

he had a horrible season.

but he's history says he's a good finisher and beyond that.... he is a smart CF, who knows how to get into position.

And yeah it is telling, compare his record (even including his god-awful 11/12) hes' still scored more goals and been more clinical than borriello and matri

Coupdegrâce

Banned
Reaction score
Remember how milito was awesome, crap, then came good? To think Pazzo won't come good is a bad idea. I mean 12 months ago, everyone would havce said 'milito's TRASH' and then he bounced back.
Hardly relevant considering Milito is a way superior player. Always has been and always will be.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
we dont need CF. Time to go 6 middies/ss like spain. Show off our passing prowess. :o

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he had a horrible season.

but he's history says he's a good finisher and beyond that.... he is a smart CF, who knows how to get into position.

And yeah it is telling, compare his record (even including his god-awful 11/12) hes' still scored more goals and been more clinical than borriello and matri

Has scored more goals and has been more clinical maybe yeah. Matri is younger. He had a better season even those conte benched him for little reasons. Whos to say pazzzini will return to his former glory in a team that is far from being poacher friendly?

With no fullbacks that can cross and a montolivo busy with defending a horrific defense the pazzini deal makes little sense now.

Dont really know why milan doesnt bother with berbatov. Considering his technique hed be a way better fit.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
So we all agree that Bori is the worst among all STs we are linked with.
So my guess is that Milan will get Bori.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What happened guys? Not so long ago Milan had Ibrahimović and now it's Pazzo time? :fp: :fp::fp:

iqlmp6nv4lt2srd76q.gif

Well in his defense he was going head to head with the best antidote against penalties EVER:D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Has scored more goals and has been more clinical maybe yeah. Matri is younger. He had a better season even those conte benched him for little reasons. Whos to say pazzzini will return to his former glory in a team that is far from being poacher friendly?

With no fullbacks that can cross and a montolivo busy with defending a horrific defense the pazzini deal makes little sense now.

Dont really know why milan doesnt bother with berbatov. Considering his technique hed be a way better fit.

you're right. Matri is younger.... BY 10 days :o:o... hah

Think you undersell our ability to create. Both urby and robinho can cross and create.

I'm more worried about our ability to control a midfield. Either offensively or defensively. Creating goals is less of an issue, i'm worried how many games we'll be up and end up dropping points

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
So we all agree that Bori is the worst among all STs we are linked with.
So my guess is that Milan will get Bori.

i always found this funny.

Boriello is biggest/strongest of the 3. Most physical.

Yet he's easily biggest diver.

He wins a lot of penalties

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I actually have no problem with Borriello now....considering he is free, Roma pays part of his wags, and we dont have to give up Cassano (if he wants to leave, we will be somewhat compensated).

Maybe that is the whole reason for the Pazzini episode...to make us realize Borriello isnt that bad of an option

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People here seems to foget one thing about Cassano, he is running his last year of his contract IIRC. If he is unhappy do you think he will be renewing? Now we actually can get something of him, and actually get in exhange a type of player we need much more. Maybe Cassano is now a better player but do not forget he is over 30, had stroke, is lazy and temperamental and not a type of player we actually need... do you even want to renew his contract after this year or should you get the money out of him as you still can?

Good point there

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
How can someone even imagine Borriello to be better than Pazzini? Seriously.. (I have a favourite quote on Borriello. "Serie A would be well and truly out of its slump when Borriello ceases to be a player for Milan, Juve or Inter"... I forgot who said it, but it is funny and has some twisted merit to it.)

Pazzini may have flaws, but he's a good striker and was at one point very promising. The most promising forward in that U-21 generation that was talked up a lot (A little too much, in retrospect). If I remember correctly, he scored the first goal in the new Wembley in a friendly, and immediately the Italian media went crazier.

Anyway, it is important to understand his role at Milan. Either Allegri is sticking to the 2-striker formation, or we are moving to a 4-3-3. If the former, Pazzini will start alongside Pato, and if the latter he'll be Pato's sub. Either way, we will have a good starting attack. Obviously not as good as Cassano-Ibra, but pretty much the best we could have done with our limited funds (Given that Cassano wants out).

I repeat, do not go by his last season. Inter were in shambles, and when they recovered, Stramaccioni simply didnt want to play with two CFs upfront. Milito was the obvious choice.

Had Cassano not been leaving us, I'd have been very happy at Pazzini's arrival. Now we are losing a lot of technique, but gaining a valuable tactical piece in our team.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I actually have no problem with Borriello now....considering he is free, Roma pays part of his wags, and we dont have to give up Cassano (if he wants to leave, we will be somewhat compensated).

Maybe that is the whole reason for the Pazzini episode...to make us realize Borriello isnt that bad of an option

We have to give up Cassano.

What we need to do know is find creative players to sign, while all of ours have left us.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What we need to do know is find creative players to sign, while all of ours have left us.

what I meant was, we don't HAVE to give him + money up in a deal. Should we get a cheap CF, we can sell Cassano for extra tidbit however small that is.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
One other thing about Pazzini is that this is quite similar to the Montolivo deal. Their careers have been extremely similar - broke through at the same time, became famous under the tutelage of Prandelli, careers dipped at the same time, and now join Milan together. Would be wonderful to see both of them finally live up to the hype.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
when inter was buying pazzini everyone stated they got an excellent deal buying him for 18 m because sampdoria's president wanted 25 m , no penny less for him .

then they made the deal.

i too say - one bad season cannot erase everything else he made before. sure, he is no ibra and he can get into problems if we don't play the game that suits him but ... i think that now our every transfer is a big gamble , so pray for the best .

my only problem is the price - 7 m + cassano is too much for me because they now he doesn't want to go away but they won't hang on to him . he is out of the team just like cassano is with us.

a straight swap would be ok. or swap + may 2-3 m euros ...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
when inter was buying pazzini everyone stated they got an excellent deal buying him for 18 m because sampdoria's president wanted 25 m , no penny less for him .

then they made the deal.

i too say - one bad season cannot erase everything else he made before. sure, he is no ibra and he can get into problems if we don't play the game that suits him but ... i think that now our every transfer is a big gamble , so pray for the best .

my only problem is the price - 7 m + cassano is too much for me because they now he doesn't want to go away but they won't hang on to him . he is out of the team just like cassano is with us.

a straight swap would be ok. or swap + may 2-3 m euros ...

exactly. there were rumours of Inter looking to terminate his contract

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
will this be our gold letter signing this year???

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just be happy you're getting a striker who doesn't require a ridiculous system or have any significant attitude problems. Milan need to sign more like Pazzini.

Shit to lose Cassano if you do though.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Yeah. I hate the fact that we'll lose Cassano, but the way I see it, Galliani's hands are tied. Even if he had a longer running contract, an unhappy Cassano is not something we'd wanna have here. It's hard to understand why'd he wanna go to Inter if what he's unhappy about is our lack of ambition. It's not like Inter has a great project going. I'm guessing Allegri didn't give him a key role like he wanted. It sucks, but there's not really much to do.

Thing is now we probably need to go out and find two strikers instead of just one. Pazzini and then a SS type is my guess. It's a disastor really. It seems like a horrible time for Galliani to have to deal with this sort of thing, although he has probably known about the transfer request for a while.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Looks like the deal is done......

Schedule