AC Milan - Serie A 2010/2011 Season

Who were Milan's top 3 players for the 2010/2011 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Training session photographs 7/20/2010

MILANELLO - The first photographs of the players training are available to view. Click here for the photographs from Milanello.

And 'officially started today, the 2010-2011 season for AC Milan. In front of about 2,500 supporters at Milanello, Mr. Allegri drove his first meeting with Milan coach on the field outside.

MILANELLO - July 20, 2010: Work begins officially on the new weblog Milan Massimiliano Allegri. Exciting day at the sports center Rossoneri Milanello where players have arrived around 10:00 this morning. Absent only the Rossoneri have been busy with their national teams in South African World. The group also contains some of the young Spring: Merkel, Novinic, Strasser, Beretta and Verdi.
After having supported some individual test in the gym, the team found itself at around 13:00 for dinner.

At about 14:15 the president Silvio Berlusconi has landed by helicopter on one of the fields inside the sports center Carnoustie to welcome the new Rossoneri Massimiliano Allegri and all the Rossoneri. At 16:00, the Conference Hall hosted the press conference of President Silvio Berlusconi, who presented Mr. Allegri and the three new signings AC Milan for the season 2010-2011.

At 17:30 or so, after the president's speech to the team, the Rossoneri went on the field outside the sports center to support the first training session of the season.

Mr. Allegri spoke with the players in midfield for a few minutes and then begin the real work. The team began the session supported by the choirs of about 2,500 supporters.

The first part of training saw the Rossoneri engaged in heating. For the first fifteen minutes, the players have worked dry: run, stretch and follow stretching. Then the heating is continued using the ball for another fifteen minutes.

Following Mr. Allegri continued training session with an exercise aimed at holding the ball, while goalkeepers have worked separately with the new trainer Mark Landucci.

Then the Rossoneri have engaged in a series of eleven against eleven practice match with the help of little doors.

The training is then concluded with a practice match against eleven eleven-field reduced by the goals which ended 1-0 in favor of the players in white jersey. The first goal of the season was made by Marco Borriello.

The sitting ended at about 19:10 with an energizing jog on the perimeter of the external field. Tomorrow Milan will support a double session of work: the morning workout is scheduled at 9:30, that afternoon at 18:00 on the external field, visible to fans.

19160_big.jpg

19161_big.jpg

19159_big.jpg

19162_big.jpg

19163_big.jpg

19164_big.jpg

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Morning training session ends 7/21/2010

MILANELLO - The squad have finished their morning session of pre-season training

MORNING ATHLETIC WORK-OUT
7/21/2010 11:57:00 AM

The second day of pre-season training at Milanello saw the team go through an athletic work-out in the morning which lasted two and half hours. The squad will have a break before returning in the afternoon.

MILANELLO - The second day of pre-season training started at 9.30 at Milanello.

Once the players got out on to the tartan pitch the squad went through a vigorous warm-up session.

After fifteen minutes, coach Allegri split the players into two groups, with one heading to the gym and the other to the woods and the sand-pit for strength-building and resistence exercises.

The session ended at midday and the team will be back at 18.00 for the second session of the day.

Al in Audi
19172_big.jpg

Al at field
19173_big.jpg

Al Directing
19170_big.jpg

Al + Seedo
19169_big.jpg

SN
19164_big.jpg

Papa
19168_big.jpg

Yepes
19171_big.jpg

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think Yepes will look good in our 1st kit. The red and black seems to suit him as it's intimidating like him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Yepes got some warrior swag :tongue:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Afternoon training session 7/22/2010

AFTERNOON TRAINING SESSION

MILAN - The team started training at 9.30 on the tartan pitch at Milanello where they went through a series of warm-up exercises before coach Allegri took the players to the gym.
Some of the players played volley-ball with the coaches. The next session will be at 17.30.

LOL :D useless to coach them football :tongue::D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Today's press conference 7/23/2010 2:39:00 pm

New AC Milan signings Amelia, Yepes and Papastathopoulos have been unveiled at Milanello where they have been revealing their desire to do well at the club.

(PHOTO: TODAY'S PRESS CONFERENCE)

MILANELLO – Here are the main comments from new AC Milan signings Mario Yepes, Marco Amelia and Sokratis Papastathopoulos at Milanello:

MARCO AMELIA:

HIS FIRST IMPRESSIONS AS A MILAN PLAYER: "My first impressions upon my arrival at Milanello were more than positive. It is easy to do well in this environment that allows us new guys to feel right at home. I think it's essential. Of course when you change club it always takes a little time to adapt, but there is the right climate here at Milan for a player to prove his worth. I'm glad that everyone has faith for me. The President said some nice things about me. My feelings have been positive and I will train hard and showed the utmost seriousness. This squad has important players in it and our job will be to get ready to win a starting spot."

ON RONALDINHO: "We all hope that Dinho will remain at Milan. A player with his qualities is envied by everyone. For me it is a pleasure to be able to train with him, but here at Milan there are many other stars like Pato, Seedorf who I consider one of the greatest stars in the world. Having the opportunity to train with other great players that can only help me improve."

ON HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH ABBIATI: "I have no problem with Christian, despite what may have been written in the papers. We have a relaxed relationship, we have met up in the national team and our relationship is only more than two guys who want play football."

HIS FEELINGS WHEN HE KNEW MILAN WERE INTERESTED IN HIM: "I was surprised because at the end of last season I expected to remain at Genoa. I turned down various requests from abroad because I wanted to stay at Genoa and show what I could do. Then things changed when Buffon got injured and Storari moved to Juventus and I received a call from Milan. Receiving interest from this club means that you have the right potential to be here. So I am happy and proud to be at this club which is the most successful in the world."

ON MISSING OUT ON THE WORLD CUP IN SOUTH AFRICA: "I was disappointed that I didn’t play various games for Genoa last season but I don’t think that influenced by selection for the International side. I was back to Gigi Buffon for five years waiting to take by chance. He is the best in the world. I managed to play ten games despite missing out on the World Cup. Hopefully I will make my contribution to the Italy team in the future."

ON HIS PAST AT GENOA: "I wish everyone a good season. Last season was a particular one and I was disappointed not to have played in the return derby. I trained well and then the coach made a different selection. I didn’t have a great dialogue with Gasperini. I didn’t understand his selections but I wasn’t the only one."

ON THE OBJECTIVES FOR THE SEASON: "A team such as Milan cannot have low objectives. We have a squad that can battle on all fronts. Milan has what it takes to play game after game. Our cousins won everything last year, we will look to tear the trophies off their shirts and put them on ours."

MARIO YEPES:

HIS FIRST IMPRESSIONS AS A MILAN PLAYER: “My first impressions were very positive. We are a great group of guys and professionals, friendly people who want to work hard."

ON PRESIDENT SILVIO BERLUSCONI: "He left a very positive impression on me. It is clear to see that he is very close to the team, and that he is very competent in matters concerning football."

HIS FEELINGS WHEN HE KNEW MILAN WERE INTERESTED IN HIM: “I was happy. In my case, it happened before the end of last season. I was happy a club like Milan came in for me. Any player at Milan is happy to play for a club like Milan. It was proof my hard work had paid off.

ON THE POSSIBILTY OF NOT BEING A FIRST-TEAM STARTER: “I think it is clear that there are a lot of champions here, important players who have demonstrated their worth over the years. However, Milan must compete in a number of competitions, so there is the need for a lot of quality players. When I am handed a chance to play, I’ll try to make the most of it."

ON THE OBJECTIVES FOR THE SEASON: “Last year Milan could have gone ahead of Inter in the league, then, a series of injuries stretched the squad. I think it will be a long season and therefore things will change match after match. What is important, though, is to give our all and see what happens come the end of the season."

SOKRATIS PAPASTATHOPOULOS:

HIS FIRST IMPRESSIONS AS A MILAN PLAYER: “Everything is going well, we are a well-organised team, without any problems. There is a good atmosphere, so it’s going well."

ON THE WORKING METHODS OF COACH ALLEGRI: “We are rather tired after the first days’ work, but luckily there are a lot of people who are helping us to make sure our work goes smoothly.”

ON HIS POSITION IN THE TEAM: “I can play in the centre of defence as well as full back. I’ll do whatever the coach asks me to do although I think I am better suited to playing in the middle of defence."

ON HIS FEELINGS WHEN HE KNEW MILAN WERE INTERESTED IN HIM: “It was a surprise because I still had two years to see out of my contract at Genoa. I didn’t expect anything like this to happen, but I am delighted it has."

ON HIS PAST AT GENOA: “My experience at Genoa was very positive. The whole club helped me a lot because it was my first experience in Italy. I didn’t know the language and everybody kept an eye on me."

ON THE OBJECTIVES FOR THE SEASON: “I agree with the coach’s words. We must play well and we must finish in the top three in the league."

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Eyebrows will be Papa's seldom used new nickname. :eek:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyone else find it funny yepes is greying on his sideburned

the new young fast milan:head:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
So funny. Looks like Atalanta presenting the new players.

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
any1 know the deadline for season ticket renewals?? Wasn't gonna renew it but gettn a good feelin bout the new season and can't wait to head back to San siro and Milan in general.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'd like to see us experimenting Thiago Silva at RB in one of the friendlies. Yepes seems capable of starting alongside Nesta, and then there's always Sokratis.

Since Allegri seems to be sensible enough not to play Abate at RB, this could turn out to be a good solution.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Probably around 12/5 CET. So probably anytime in the next 5 hours.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that pirlo gattuso and zambrotta got back and are training with the squad since monday, what about thiago and huntelaar?

from yesterday's training :

Pirlo and Bonera went through a personalised work-out. However, Ronaldinho joined in the full session as did Gattuso who looked in good shape and the same can be said of Nesta and Papastathopoulos.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
I know that pirlo gattuso and zambrotta got back and are training with the squad since monday, what about thiago and huntelaar?

from yesterday's training :

Pirlo and Bonera went through a personalised work-out. However, Ronaldinho joined in the full session as did Gattuso who looked in good shape and the same can be said of Nesta and Papastathopoulos.

maybe both got a bit longer holidays because Brazil and Holland did get further than Italy..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
thanks devil and to the creator of that vid

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Schedule