The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 44 36.97%
Bobini 25 21.01%
Bobaldini 11 9.24%
Malbo 7 5.88%
M&B 32 26.89%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2020, 18:43   #7801
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
De Paul is 3 years older and has 3 seasons more in Italy.
Yup, and he has never asked not to be included in his team's squad because he was worried about playing Brescia.

Paqueta has had two coaches not rate him this season, and has 1 goal in 36 games with the club.

De Paul is a fighter, and will be even better playing with better teammates.

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 20:03   #7802
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Just remember me when it doesn't happen Bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
You're always on my mind bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
No homo though
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
A little homo?

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 20:41   #7803
Nevermore
World Cup Winner

Speaking to the microphones of Radio Sportiva Stefano Agresti, director of Calciomercato.com, spoke about Milan. These are his words: "I think a new revolution is coming to Milan: there is the intention to change the coach, Maldini's farewell and Rangnick's arrival is almost certain and then a very strong team will be built young person who can acquire value in the future "
Nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 21:44   #7804
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Speaking to the microphones of Radio Sportiva Stefano Agresti, director of Calciomercato.com, spoke about Milan. These are his words: "I think a new revolution is coming to Milan: there is the intention to change the coach, Maldini's farewell and Rangnick's arrival is almost certain and then a very strong team will be built young person who can acquire value in the future "

This is my only problem. We'll become Porto & Ajax... a production belt for bigger clubs to come and take our players. We used to be collectors of serious talent and now we'll pawn them. Thank you very much, gordon.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 22:15   #7805
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
This is my only problem. We'll become Porto & Ajax... a production belt for bigger clubs to come and take our players. We used to be collectors of serious talent and now we'll pawn them. Thank you very much, gordon.
Dutch and Portuguese leagues aren't as important as Serie A is, let alone there are both from small populations. Serie A has always been in the top 2-3 leagues since forever. And Milan is a bigger name brand them those 2 are,

Ajax and Porto have been selling their stars for decades and decades Rui Barros, Paulo Futre, Van Goaten, Rijkaard, Bergkamp so it isn't a post bosman or 00's thang.

MvB is more known for playing for us than he is for Ajax.

Anyway in modern sport a team cycle is about 3-5 years to win something before having to change things up. Look at Ladri, they've dominated for a decade and the reality is how many actual in their prime world class players theyre sign over that period, about 3-5 at best. Everyone else they've signed was waiting for the step up in their careers.
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 23:04   #7806
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

If we cant keep stars then we are no longer a big club/brand.

Big clubs go out and buy the finished article... not gift wrap it and put in the shop window.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 00:21   #7807
CanUNoTouch
Gone all Pete Tong

Fav. Players: There are far too many to name past & present

Quote:

Big clubs go out and buy the finished article... not gift wrap it and put in the shop window.
The finished article thing is nonsense, that's what Barca and Real do and more often than not they fail with those type of signings. You need to sign players who are ready to grow into the next level, like Liverpool did with Mane, VVD, Salah. Players aged 23-25, like we did with Van Goaten, Gullit, Sheva etc not 28-30 because they really don't have much more room for development at that age and already on the decline.
CanUNoTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:02   #7808
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Nesta, Bona, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, RR, *Abate*,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Lol did you even bother to read what I originally wrote? For the record, I NEVER said that Theo was already WC or that Bennacer didn't have WC potential. What I actually said was that from a NEUTRAL standpoint, based on the current + previous seasons performances, Donna, Roma + Theo had the HIGHEST PROBABILITY of becoming WC one day e.g. 75% followed by Bennacer, Paqueta and Rebic e.g. 50%. In other words, from our entire 24 man squad, I identified them both amongst the 6 players with the highest potential. That's it plan + simple.

Now, if you disagree with my assessment or want to argue about it I could care less. However, if you take off your blinkers and look at the indicators e.g. market values and transfer rumours you'll quickly realise that the football world in general feels the same. For example, category A have all been linked to top clubs like Juve, Barcelona, RM lately unlike category B. Also, category A are our 3 most valuable players by market value which is indicative of their quality.

It's funny actually, you remind me of one of those posters who used to kiss Kessie's ass back in the day and refer to him in the same way you're talking about Bennacer now only to eat an entire cake full of humble pie a season later
The arrogance of your post is almost palpable

Lmao did you type your statistics into your machine to discover the probability of WC success? I' ll let you drag out your whoscored ratings.

Having spent multiple seasons in the top flight Donna and Roma have proven themselves a lot more than Theo and Bennacer.

I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with the fact that you say I have blinkers on, yet you put Theo in the same bracket as Dona and Roma. Theo has had one good half season, even then he's made several mistakes which is understandable given his experience.

In this knee jerk world a LB who scores goals and had previous behaviour problems was always going to have a headline impact. It's still only half a season. It doesn't make his chances of reaching WC status any more than other young promising players we have like Bennacer.

Pull down your posters kid and actually realise that half a season doesn't make a player more likely to reach WC than another, especially when they are both so young.

In a few seasons we will see exactly what happens.

Signature
New Era
BreadPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:39   #7809
Nevermore
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Elliot has a goal to increase club's value and sell. Porto & Ajax have different goals. Even though strategies to achieve these goals might match in some aspects, I wouldn't worry about it now. Because Elliot is just a temporary owner. Our future depends on who they sell club to.

I personally wouldn't mind to get to the Ajax and Porto level with Elliot, i.e. become constant CL participant.
Nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:31   #7810
OVUNQUE CON TE
World Cup Winner

Quote:

We haven't been a big club for 10 years, and I highly doubt we ever become a consistent big club ever again.

Signature
Insert text here...
OVUNQUE CON TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:28   #7811
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Just read that we are seriously after Pierre Kalulu from Lyon on a free this summer. Plays as a RB and from the video I saw he is quick and strong. Can't say more

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:58   #7812
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadPitt View Post
The arrogance of your post is almost palpable

Lmao did you type your statistics into your machine to discover the probability of WC success? I' ll let you drag out your whoscored ratings.

Having spent multiple seasons in the top flight Donna and Roma have proven themselves a lot more than Theo and Bennacer.

I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with the fact that you say I have blinkers on, yet you put Theo in the same bracket as Dona and Roma. Theo has had one good half season, even then he's made several mistakes which is understandable given his experience.

In this knee jerk world a LB who scores goals and had previous behaviour problems was always going to have a headline impact. It's still only half a season. It doesn't make his chances of reaching WC status any more than other young promising players we have like Bennacer.

Pull down your posters kid and actually realise that half a season doesn't make a player more likely to reach WC than another, especially when they are both so young.

In a few seasons we will see exactly what happens.
Lmao do you even realise that Theo grew up in the Atletico Madrid academy and played a season for Real fucking Madrid? They’re 2 of the biggest teams in football today in case you didn’t know so he has every right to be considered in the same category as Donna + Romagnoli especially after performing so well in his first season in Italy.

Meanwhile, Bennacer already spent a season in Italy before as part of a relegated teams midfield LOL.

Anyway, market values don’t lie nor does the fact that absolutely nobody is talking about Bennacer in the footballing world but keep deluding yourself that they’re on the same level if it makes you feel better during these difficult times

Last edited by Kojak; 07-04-2020 at 11:10.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:23   #7813
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Nesta, Bona, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, RR, *Abate*,

Quote:
Lmao do you even realise that Theo grew up in the Atletico Madrid academy and played a season for Real fucking Madrid? They’re 2 of the biggest teams in football today in case you didn’t know so he has every right to be considered in the same category as Donna + Romagnoli especially after performing so well in his first season in Italy.

Meanwhile, Bennacer already spent a season in Italy before as part of a relegated teams midfield LOL.

Anyway, market values don’t lie nor does the fact that absolutely nobody is talking about Bennacer in the footballing world but keep deluding yourself that they’re on the same level if it makes you feel better during these difficult times
You're hilarious! He hasn't even had an international cap and was practically booted out of Real Madrid. Playing only 131 minutes all at the end of the group stages. Ask yourself why we got him at a good price? Hes had behavioural troubles in the past if you did some research and left the French u21 squad looking to sunbathe.

Bennacer has won the AFCON and a player of the tournemant. Signed to Arsenal as a youth product and also played a season on top flight Serie A before joining here and got them promoted.

Theo has had an extremely good half a season, by your judgements Suso would have been a likely WC star. I'm not knocking Theo but it seems you've got some weird infatuation with him.

Just realise that we have two good youth stars their probability of reaching WC status is not any different. In a few seasons you can begin to make those statements.....

Signature
New Era

Last edited by BreadPitt; 07-04-2020 at 11:36.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:35   #7814
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:

What do you mean?
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:38   #7815
Il grande Milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I agree that the squad isn't too bad. But as Ibra/Kjaer transfers have proven, we lack some maturity / experience.

Also - I'd say Leao is yet too raw to be considered as WC potential. I haven't seen anything spectacular from him so far. I'd say he's close to Niang's level when he was here at the beginning.
I like his goal against fiorentina tho, which shows he has potential, quick feet... but he needs to be properly trained of course.

https://youtu.be/_d5TIgerTic

I saw him doing similar things before so he has the pace and technique
Il grande Milan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:57   #7816
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

This is just not true. There are plenty of overvalued players around or sales at prices who just aren't justifiable. DeLigt for example is currently valued at 75M while Romagnolis MV is considered to be 45M. However none of them is currently outshining the other one. Let alone outshining by 30M. I would even dare to say that Roma as the captain has a bigger weight and impact than handball- and error-prone Deligt has for Juve. So his current MV should be a little bit higher than DeLigts.

But that's not how MV works. It's not entirely on their performances. The major difference between Roma and DeLigt this season hasn't been performance, but the teams they play for. So for me, MV do lie at times. To a certain extent at least.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:59   #7817
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadPitt View Post
You're hilarious! He hasn't even had an international cap and was practically booted out of Real Madrid. Playing only 131 minutes all at the end of the group stages. Ask yourself why we got him at a good price? Hes had behavioural troubles in the past if you did some research and left the French u21 squad looking to sunbathe.

Bennacer has won the AFCON and a player of the tournemant. Signed to Arsenal as a youth product and also played a season on top flight Serie A before joining here and got them promoted.

Theo has had an extremely good half a season, by your judgements Suso would have been a likely WC star. I'm not knocking Theo but it seems you've got some weird infatuation with him.

Just realise that we have two good youth stars their probability of reaching WC status is not any different. In a few seasons you can begin to make those statements.....
Lmao talk about downplaying Theo's entire career whilst inflating Bennacer's achievements to strengthen your argument. In case you didn't realise, according to FIFA's latest rankings, France are ranked 2nd amongst NT whereas Algeria aren't even in the TOP 20 LOL so of course it's going to be harder to break into the squad. Especially for a player who just turned 22 six months ago.

Also, Theo managed to play 13 league games as a 20yo for RM (competing against the likes of Marcelo) whereas Bennacer didn't even register a SINGLE game for Arsenal. In fact, they refused their option to buy him back last summer before we bought him LOL.

Finally, it's funny how you consider Bennacer achieving promotion with Empoli as some kind of crowning achievement yet downplayed Theo playing for the strongest team in the world. Also, Theo has NEVER played in the second tier of any football league whereas Bennacer spent time in Ligue 2 in addition to Serie B previously which speaks volumes given they're both the same age.

Let me guess, I bet you also consider Krunic a future superstar too right given that he also spent a few seasons with the mighty Empoli?
Old 07-04-2020, 12:07   #7818
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
This is just not true. There are plenty of overvalued players around or sales at prices who just aren't justifiable. DeLigt for example is currently valued at 75M while Romagnolis MV is considered to be 45M. However none of them is currently outshining the other one. Let alone outshining by 30M. I would even dare to say that Roma as the captain has a bigger weight and impact than handball- and error-prone Deligt has for Juve. So his current MV should be a little bit higher than DeLigts.

But that's not how MV works. It's not entirely on their performances. The major difference between Roma and DeLigt this season hasn't been performance, but the teams they play for. So for me, MV do lie at times. To a certain extent at least.
I was talking about the increase/decrease in market values during the season e.g. Bennacer's value has increased from 15m to 20m whereas Theo's has doubled to 36m which makes sense given that he's been a standout performer. Btw those are in British Pounds and are just a rough approximation which could obviously vary depending on how badly a team wants the player.

Every man and his dog knows that Juve overpaid for De Ligt because he was at the centre of a bidding war between the best teams in the world. Therefore, he’s an outlier rather than the norm.

Last edited by Kojak; 07-04-2020 at 12:21.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:08   #7819
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post

Tell me about it

Signature
New Era
Old 07-04-2020, 12:18   #7820
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Lmao talk about downplaying Theo's entire career whilst inflating Bennacer's achievements to strengthen your argument. In case you didn't realise, according to FIFA's latest rankings, France are ranked 2nd amongst NT whereas Algeria aren't even in the TOP 20 LOL so of course it's going to be harder to break into the squad. Especially for a player who just turned 22 six months ago.

Also, Theo managed to play 13 league games as a 20yo for RM (competing against the likes of Marcelo) whereas Bennacer didn't even register a SINGLE game for Arsenal. In fact, they refused their option to buy him back last summer before we bought him LOL.

Finally, it's funny how you consider Bennacer achieving promotion with Empoli as some kind of crowning achievement yet downplayed Theo playing for the strongest team in the world. Also, Theo has NEVER played in the second tier of any football league whereas Bennacer spent time in Ligue 2 in addition to Serie B previously which speaks volumes given they're both the same age.

Let me guess, I bet you also consider Krunic a future superstar too right given that he also spent a few seasons with the mighty Empoli?
I'm not downplaying any achievements that weren't there to begin with lmao. Funny how you don't take into consideration Theo's defensive contribution or his problems in the past?

Are you special or something? Market value isn't a true representation of the probability of someone achieving WC status.

Signature
New Era