The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 08-10-2019, 22:15   #6101
Jivara
Forza Milan

Maldini Łber alles
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 22:27   #6102
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

Thanks guys

Great article. Maldini taking about the 3-5 year plan, doubt he's hedging anything. When time comes, he will be held accountable and rightfully so.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 22:27   #6103
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
https://imgur.com/a/3aX0FZW

If you can't view the other person's link to the article, then I'd put it in the above Imgur gallery when it was released. You should be able to access that.
You're given access the first time you click on that link.
But it will end up behind the paywall if you refresh the page.

No big deal though. All you have to do is delete cookies from ft.com, or try the link with another browser, if you mess up.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:41   #6104
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Maldini alway said that Milan have to a serious project. But he hire idiot coach Giampaolo who alway train sťrie c club and mid table sťrie a club; it’s big mistake
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:00   #6105
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
It's not signing Giampaolo that's the mistake. The mistake is made up of the following steps: 1) Signing Giampaolo 2) Not selling Suso and Kessie when clubs were willing to pay decent money for them (less than what we wanted but still decent), and 3) Not utilizing that money to buy starters fit for the chosen manager's style.

By doing these things, they made the manager's job much more difficult than it should have been. And when he failed in conjuring up a plan B, they have sacked him and moved on to someone who's the definition of mediocrity.

Currently, they are giving interviews to FT talking about how their path is different from Elliott's but the twain shall meet somewhere etc etc. That is just crystal clear hedging talk to save themselves if the project bombs.

In all this, I don't see the passion, integrity or capability that I had expected from Maldini.
I remember I brought up this point awhile back and you still supported Maldini back then. But you were pretty high on Sensi and Veretout right? We cheaped out on both of those players, Sensi by close to 10m and Veretout by 3-4m, iirc. Meanwhile we signed Theo when we had 3 LBs, not great ones but also not a position that we must immediately upgrade. Not saying I don’t like Theo or don’t think he’s a talent, but doing that also made selling Laxalt harder as well. Even then, we had a 35m offer for Correa in the end which showed we still had cash to spend just we chose to allocate it per player the way they chose.

In retrospect (actually I thought this at the time but I didnt really want to judge Paolo so early), our midfield needed the massive upgrade and was way more pressing than the LB or any other position, especially after the max exodus after last season, but we somehow found a way to cheap out on position we needed help the most (again it’s not that I don’t like Bennacer or Krunic, but at least in the case of Bennacer it’s rather clear why he didn’t play ahead of Biglia). This isn’t some constraint placed by the management, and part of the blame has to be on Maldini.

Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 09-10-2019 at 04:02.
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:15   #6106
campsfield68
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Milan players :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by b@D~HorsiE View Post
Give it 3-4 years before judging someone and passing someone as failure or a success.
I am not in favour of the Giampaoloís sacking or his appointment but give the new management some time.
My biggest concern right now is that ownership & management donít seem to be on the same page going by Bobanís snippet of interview that he gave after Genoa game. I wouldnít be surprised if our management resigns or are sacked cause I donít see them looking in the same direction as Elliot.
But then again, itís a hypothetical

Dude you have to accept the fact that Maldini was not and still isn't ready for such a big role. His and Boban's decisions have been questionable at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
campsfield68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:21   #6107
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default Official: Paolo Maldini Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
I remember I brought up this point awhile back and you still supported Maldini back then. But you were pretty high on Sensi and Veretout right? We cheaped out on both of those players, Sensi by close to 10m and Veretout by 3-4m, iirc. Meanwhile we signed Theo when we had 3 LBs, not great ones but also not a position that we must immediately upgrade. Not saying I donít like Theo or donít think heís a talent, but doing that also made selling Laxalt harder as well. Even then, we had a 35m offer for Correa in the end which showed we still had cash to spend just we chose to allocate it per player the way they chose.

In retrospect (actually I thought this at the time but I didnt really want to judge Paolo so early), our midfield needed the massive upgrade and was way more pressing than the LB or any other position, especially after the max exodus after last season, but we somehow found a way to cheap out on position we needed help the most (again itís not that I donít like Bennacer or Krunic, but at least in the case of Bennacer itís rather clear why he didnít play ahead of Biglia). This isnít some constraint placed by the management, and part of the blame has to be on Maldini.

Yes I had a lot of faith in Maldiniís capability and passion for the club. The reason I stress on passion is that itís completely natural for executives in such roles to act politically. I donít have a problem with that at all. If Gazidis needs to use the media to save his job, thatís expected. But a figure like Maldini - my expectation from him is that heíd always work with the club as the entity of foremost importance, not himself. If he cannot provide that, then I donít see the point of hiring an inexperienced guy to head your technical project.

So right now at this moment, I have doubts about both these aspects of Maldiniís personality. (When they didnít sign Sensi et al due to a few millions, I still gave him the benefit of doubt thinking thereís always an alternative player lined up whoíd fit Giampaoloís style. I was wrong).

I still wonít give up on Maldini until I see how this season ends.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:51   #6108
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Ok I've decided that I can think positively about this situation. What follows is my extremely hopeful, positive scenario. (STATUTORY WARNING: Please read on only if you are not infected by incurable negativity).

Elliott is actually in advanced negotiations with Bernard Arnault or an alternate investor. They expect the deal to be closed upward of 900 million or so by winter. In this scenario, they do not think it prudent to hire a medium expensive coach like Spalletti on a minimum 2-year contract. The prospective owner has also asked for no such long-term hiring to be done while negotiations are ongoing. Therefore, they have asked Maldini to go for the cheapest available decent option who'd be willing to be contracted for the shortest possible duration.

Hence Pioli with a 1+1 year deal. Once the takeover is complete, the new owners would most likely drop Pioli as soon as the season is over, and go for a proper manager like Allegri or Ancelotti to kick-start a new project.

Signature
Old 09-10-2019, 10:47   #6109
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Ok I've decided that I can think positively about this situation. What follows is my extremely hopeful, positive scenario. (STATUTORY WARNING: Please read on only if you are not infected by incurable negativity).

Elliott is actually in advanced negotiations with Bernard Arnault or an alternate investor. They expect the deal to be closed upward of 900 million or so by winter. In this scenario, they do not think it prudent to hire a medium expensive coach like Spalletti on a minimum 2-year contract. The prospective owner has also asked for no such long-term hiring to be done while negotiations are ongoing. Therefore, they have asked Maldini to go for the cheapest available decent option who'd be willing to be contracted for the shortest possible duration.

Hence Pioli with a 1+1 year deal. Once the takeover is complete, the new owners would most likely drop Pioli as soon as the season is over, and go for a proper manager like Allegri or Ancelotti to kick-start a new project.
I salute you for positive thinking.
But if takeover talks were in place, especially in advanced stages, the media would surely know something by now.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:49   #6110
Pingu
Theonomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
I salute you for positive thinking.
But if takeover talks were in place, especially in advanced stages, the media would surely know something by now.
Arnault has been brought up for months, twice recently enough. Denied both times but who knows if its plausible.

Signature
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:54   #6111
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Quote:

900M to see their investment qualify for Europa and deciding it's better not to participate
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:01   #6112
forward
AC Milan Icon

Also, qualifying for CL would be a huge factor for a potential buyer.
So, even in that sense spending a bit more on a top coach would be worth it.

It's not a great investment when the club is bleeding for cash every year and needs yet another 100M transfer market to make us top 4

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:14   #6113
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
Also, qualifying for CL would be a huge factor for a potential buyer.
So, even in that sense spending a bit more on a top coach would be worth it.

It's not a great investment when the club is bleeding for cash every year and needs yet another 100M transfer market to make us top 4
With this squad spending another 100M or even 200M won't get us where we want to, esp with all the deadwood that nobody wants

Just looking at the departures this summer and seeing where they ended up being, and to think they were once part of a Milan team

Too much of a optimistic idea by necromunch that a takeover by a billionaire will happen esp in Jan, eventho that would be dope, imagine LV as our sponsors
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 15:02   #6114
b@D~HorsiE
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Megan Rapinoe, HOPE SOLO, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Default Official: Paolo Maldini Thread

I donít understand this need for instant gratification in every decision that is made that social media has inevitably brought into our day to day lives. Maybe, I donít get it cause Iím too old.
The management took responsibility for their decisions and rightly so, although I only saw the second half of the presser but I heard they didnít try to sugar coat their failure wrt. Giampaolo. Iím not happy about how Giampaoloís tenure turned out and Iím genuinely upset & sad for him but letís give this new management sometime. They lack experience. In an ideal world they would have been groomed into their roles but thatís not what happened.
Calm down a little, folks

Signature
b@D~HorsiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 15:28   #6115
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipa View Post
Too much of a optimistic idea by necromunch that a takeover by a billionaire will happen esp in Jan, eventho that would be dope, imagine LV as our sponsors
What I hear is that billionaires everywhere are really keen to buy clubs situated in attractive cities.. Rome, Paris, Venice... why not Milano? I'm sure there are a couple of warmish tracks at least that Elliott might be working on. Winter is probably unlikely, but at least by next summer.

Signature
Old 19-10-2019, 10:59   #6116
joyrider
Il Moderati

“Milan are a disaster. They’re all talk and no action,” slammed Ibra.

“This is not the club everyone fell in love with, in Italy and all over the world. Perhaps there are too many wrong people who should be elsewhere.

“Paolo Maldini doesn’t have what it takes to be a director, whereas in his playing career he was one of my all-time favourites.

“In fairness, Maldini does have a difficult task, because it’s not easy to do well with limited resources.”
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 17:53   #6117
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
ďMilan are a disaster. Theyíre all talk and no action,Ē slammed Ibra.

ďThis is not the club everyone fell in love with, in Italy and all over the world. Perhaps there are too many wrong people who should be elsewhere.

ďPaolo Maldini doesnít have what it takes to be a director, whereas in his playing career he was one of my all-time favourites.

ďIn fairness, Maldini does have a difficult task, because itís not easy to do well with limited resources.Ē
this is different from what you've posted in the commode

same source?

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 17:56   #6118
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
this is different from what you've posted in the commode

same source?
Yes same source.
I deliberately posted this piece here due to the explosive nature of the commode.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 21:55   #6119
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:

ďPaolo Maldini doesnít have what it takes to be a director.
Bring Leo back asap

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I donít even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:37   #6120
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
ďMilan are a disaster. Theyíre all talk and no action,Ē slammed Ibra.

ďThis is not the club everyone fell in love with, in Italy and all over the world. Perhaps there are too many wrong people who should be elsewhere.

ďPaolo Maldini doesnít have what it takes to be a director, whereas in his playing career he was one of my all-time favourites.

ďIn fairness, Maldini does have a difficult task, because itís not easy to do well with limited resources.Ē
I think ibra taking shot at gazidis, he is the one that vetoed ibra move last january
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote