The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 21-11-2013, 21:49   #1001
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post

Also, some only work until they reach "the top" but he continues to work and become even better That is impressive as very few continue like this.

Not a fan but much props to him.
Excactly
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 21:55   #1002
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

i never said you can't enjoy watching someone play more. By all means. There are players I like to watch more than ronaldo or messi

Just don't claim what you find aestetically pleasing is better. That's a false argument

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 22:00   #1003
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
i never said you can't enjoy watching someone play more. By all means. There are players I like to watch more than ronaldo or messi

Just don't claim what you find aestetically pleasing is better. That's a false argument
I never did. What the majority likes to watch more is what matters

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 22:07   #1004
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
I never did. What the majority likes to watch more is what matters
if thats the discussion

IMO majrotiy of people prioritize this way

Winning with style? > Winning by any means necessary >Entertaining but not winning consistently >Boring and losing

-

I'm saying more people would cheer a mid90s boring but killer juventus than arsenal of last few years who have entertainment.

But obviously everyone would prefer say... barca or bayern or recnet times (at their peaks)

-

But at the end of it, winning comes first, those who do most to help you win are by nature best, and if they do it w/ flair, then good for them

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 21-11-2013, 22:21   #1005
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
if thats the discussion

IMO majrotiy of people prioritize this way

Winning with style? > Winning by any means necessary >Entertaining but not winning consistently >Boring and losing

-

I'm saying more people would cheer a mid90s boring but killer juventus than arsenal of last few years who have entertainment.

But obviously everyone would prefer say... barca or bayern or recnet times (at their peaks)

-

But at the end of it, winning comes first, those who do most to help you win are by nature best, and if they do it w/ flair, then good for them
Obviously winning comes first. The players we are comparing are all winners and winners at the highest level. What separates them is skill, flair and entertainment value. You have just proven my point.

But winning isn't everything either. An NBA fan like you should appreciate this

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
on Berto:
Quote:
On covid-19:
Quote:
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
Old 22-11-2013, 00:13   #1006
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Obviously winning comes first. The players we are comparing are all winners and winners at the highest level. What separates them is skill, flair and entertainment value. You have just proven my point.

But winning isn't everything either. An NBA fan like you should appreciate this

winning isn't everything, it's the only thing

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 22-11-2013, 00:42   #1007
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:
This

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 00:49   #1008
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
When talking about the greatest player of all time u are also including defenders and midfielder, so i consider these following players that i have witnessed better than cr: r9, zidane, maldini, ronaldinho (yes the man who got an standing ovation in santiago bernabeu). And then u have those legendary players way before i began watching football like pele, maradona, beckenbauer, van basten (i guess he won 3 ballon d'ors)' baresi, cruyf and yeah i forgot messi. So no he is not easily in top 5 greatest players of all time not even top 10.
sorry I should have made it clear, I meant top 5 forwards of all time. if your taking into account all players then u r missing platini and a few other as well. even still for me ronnie is better than ronaldinho simply cuz he sustained his form for a longer period and has scored ridiculous amount of goals, weak era for defenders or not, I doubt ronaldinho could ever decimate an opponent the way cronnie does. aas u r one of my favourite posters but please refrain from comparing an overrated fashy nincompoop like ronaldinho to cdot, cdot simply pwns him in every aspect apart from passing and tricks, besides its not like cdot cant do any tricks. I can agree with maldini, r9 and perhaps zidane as well. but its really hard to compare an AM like zidane to a forward, ronnie has slightly more league titles and both have won the ucl but zidane has won the wc so I see what u mean. regarding mvb, neither u nor me have watched him play so I can only judge by stats and the number of individual accolades plus titles won, mvb has won more althougj cdot is still playing, which means mvb should be higher on the list like u said. apart from ronaldinho I agree with your list even though I hate to admit it. but no one, none from the list match cdot's record number of goals tally , I have never seen a player completely annihilate whatever opponemt is put in front of him.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 22-11-2013 at 00:53.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 00:50   #1009
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

The problem with entertainment is that its extremely subjective. At the end of the day almost all, if not all top players in the world are entertaining (and then some that aren't top players are entertaining too)....you just happen to prefer one over the other in that aspect depending on your taste. You can't use it as a meassure of who is better.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 01:04   #1010
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

holy shit I just realised cruyff has won 8 dutch titles yeah I know its a weak league but still and he has managed win 3 european cups aka ucl, is he possiblt thw greatest player ever? mvb if he dint retire prematurely at the age of 27, he would have had a couple more league titles plus another ucl I reckon, he is an all time great nevertheless. if cdot can manage to win another ucl, he could potentially be compared to him.
Old 22-11-2013, 01:05   #1011
Dominate
Genius

Fav. Players: RIP Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
please refrain from comparing an overrated fashy nincompoop like ronaldinho to cdot

Overrated? Ronaldinho? Come on dude
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 01:25   #1012
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

ok not overrated but for me bucktooth is a tad inferior compared to likes of messi and ronnie, simply cuz he was never consistent enough. great player no doubt but not good enpugh to be compared against the players from a higher echelon category
Old 22-11-2013, 01:45   #1013
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatore_m84 View Post
winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
+1

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 03:23   #1014
leaf
Bella Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
ok not overrated but for me bucktooth is a tad inferior compared to likes of messi and ronnie, simply cuz he was never consistent enough. great player no doubt but not good enpugh to be compared against the players from a higher echelon category

Very few players could pull off the first goal in this vid (or any for that matter)
Messi could and Ronaldo could. I'm not sure CR7 had that kind of football brain.
iBra has the skills and the awareness but not the pace. Maybe Neymar

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Quote:
on Berto:
Quote:
On covid-19:
Quote:
Old 22-11-2013, 05:02   #1015
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:

Very few players could pull off the first goal in this vid (or any for that matter)
Messi could and Ronaldo could. I'm not sure CR7 had that kind of football brain.
iBra has the skills and the awareness but not the pace. Maybe Neymar
Cristiano can score any and every type of goal.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 12:51   #1016
leaf
Bella Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminsheva View Post
Cristiano can score any and every type of goal.
Not this one.....This clip is shit but Ronaldinho actually beat a bunch of guys, passed off for the 1-2, rainbow flicked the defender in front of him and THEN chipped the keeper....Like I said....Messi, R9 Maradonna...that's it...Maybe Kaka could have done it if his elasticos were any good...heck I doubt even Totti couldn't pull it off.

If guys like R9 and R10 had CR7's work ethic this wouldn't even be a discussion.....but when you're THAT talented there's always the tendency for laziness to set in as Dominate said. There were MANY games where R9 and ZZ just basically slept through the whole 90 min.....because they knew they could turn it on whenever they wanted.

The truly great thing about CR7 and even Messi is that they WANT to win and score every game.You gotta love that

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Quote:
on Berto:
Quote:
On covid-19:
Quote:
Old 22-11-2013, 14:13   #1017
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

I dont care whether cristiano can replicate the sort of goal displayed in bucktooth's video above, to me its more about the end product and the fear factor, cristiano has a better conversion rate because he tends to batter down opponents consistently throughout the games, bucktooth is a player who is more inclined to perform in spurts with a moment of brilliance which isnt good enough for me. as for the fear factor, defenders are most likely to fear c.ronaldo more, because unlike ronaldinho, he doesnt need to do flasy moves to get past people, he just runs past them with his incredible pace. besides has world class close control and touch, people really underrate him in that regard, he is not too far off bucktooth's level, I would say he is on par with kaka and that makes his technical abilities very close to bucktooth's level.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 22-11-2013 at 14:16.
Old 22-11-2013, 14:27   #1018
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

totti is a great player but he doesnt have enough titles to warrant a place amongst top 10 all time greats, maybe top 20 I would imagine. seedorf should be in that list along with the likes of lotthar mstthaus (cant spell his name), peerlo, makalele, deasily, cafu, garrincha, xavi, iniesta fuck this there is too mamy good candidates
Old 13-01-2014, 19:04   #1019
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

deservedly won baloon d'or but omfg what an idiot starts crying infront of that sexy girlfirend omfg

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 19:10   #1020
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben

Ribery got robbed just because Ronaldo shit on lowly Sweden. At least Messi didn't get it though.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote