• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Identity and recognizable style is more important to me than titles, were always gonna be in the running for titles, sometimes you gonna win them, sometimes youre not, luck has a huge role, what matters is to stay true to your values.
Fuck the "football the way it is values", that's the biggest BS from top clubs ever (it's pure PR), and Madrid has only cared about since Barcelona has made a big deal out of it. In fact fuck those values that's why you guys got Mourinho and why you went for Capello when in need of a fast tittle. And either way not that Franco's club needs any sort of values. Seriously if "stylish" football is what matters then Madrid would've gone for Zeman a long time ago.

But anyway ever since Madrid fell in Barcelona's game of "football values", it's the moment they lost all sort of identity and the usual prestige that came with Madrid. Buying useless galacticos and selling the players that worked hard and were awesome at their "destroyer" jobs (Makelele) and that were part of the history of your club (Hierro, Raúl, Redondo) is LOSING real identity values.

Owen's goalscoring reputation was proven at Madrid, but his deficiencies were proven as well. He is not much more than a great finisher, although he is a lot better than Chicarito with the ball. At Madrid you need to be the complete package as a striker, or in case youre not, you need to be a club legend with a huge legacy like Raul, which was the reason he was unbenchable even though Owen outperformed him that season. Still, he's limited as a player and he was not the real deal. He was a panic buy galactico as well. And he wasn't the reason why Madrid beat Barcelona 4-2, that game was Ronaldo, Zidane and Beckham; Owen had one great finish as usual.
Chicharito first of all.
Owen didn't go out of Madrid because he was just a great finisher and just that. It was because of the same reason Madrid gets and let go players, Robinho and Julio Baptista came, so someone had to be sold. Needless to say, like said before he was a complete no.9 (full package for a forward), scored goals, had lots of pace, great movement. His problems with Madrid only came when he didn't score...which is the same thing all RM forwards have gone through when they're in trouble, there's no exception made for "jogo bonito" type of skills.

Hernandez is a good finisher but a rubbish footballer.

Has he ever done anything to capture the imagination? A bit of flair? Some skill that took your breath away? Of course not. He just goal hangs and puts away chances usually served on a plate.

The least he can do is have good movement considering his limitations as a footballer which is why I don't understand the ridiculous amount of praise he gets for making ordinary runs. Oh wow he made a 10 yard dash to find space wot a playa!! Get a grip for fucks sake. :lol::fp:
You're trolling but anyway:

His goal last weekend implies tremendous skill, the most important skillset any forward can have: goal sense and amazing movement. He lost his mark in a way few can, any team needs a player like that. If you can't see that, then it's better to stick with street football, to watch flair.

Anyway, at the end of the day you guys are forgetting the most important thing "the end justifies the means", who cares if Chicharito or Higuain aren't great dribblers? Is it something either of their teams are missing? No. And they both overcome that "limitation" so well that you can't really feel like you're watching "limited" players...they're super talented in what they do. A great poacher like those guys is always a must if I want to have a perfect team.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I'm going to have to agree with Madridista here.

Hernandez is a good finisher but a rubbish footballer.

Has he ever done anything to capture the imagination? A bit of flair? Some skill that took your breath away? Of course not. He just goal hangs and puts away chances usually served on a plate.

The least he can do is have good movement considering his limitations as a footballer which is why I don't understand the ridiculous amount of praise he gets for making ordinary runs. Oh wow he made a 10 yard dash to find space wot a playa!! Get a grip for fucks sake. :lol::fp:

The irony being that you could say the exact same for Frank Lampard. He's never taken my breath away. Ordinary runs? You don't know much about football do you?

Hernandez > Chelsea

:cool:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The irony being that you could say the exact same for Frank Lampard. He's never taken my breath away. Ordinary runs? You don't know much about football do you?

The irony of these BS statements above is exactly what you pointed out.

Similar to Pippo... Chicharito's movement makes the team play better. Creates space, gives guys time on ball, etc.

They create better football without touching the ball. Why do you think Mourinho wants Chicharito, said he fears Pippo most of Milan attackers? He's no fool

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Idris was clearly trolling or being heavily sarcastic - no Chelsea fan could possibly say that bit of rot about football being only flair.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
They create better football without touching the ball. Why do you think Mourinho wants Chicharito, said he fears Pippo most of Milan attackers? He's no fool

Well this just goes on to show that Mourinho doesn't share "Real Madrid's values".

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as calling Chicharito a rubbish footballer but he is limited. Those type of strikers are highly dependent on service and w/o it they are virtually useless. Like I said before don't have a problem with those type of strikers but they are not my preferred type.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I wouldn't go as far as calling Chicharito a rubbish footballer but he is limited. Those type of strikers are highly dependent on service and w/o it they are virtually useless. Like I said before don't have a problem with those type of strikers but they are not my preferred type.

i think i'll put it this way.

Obviously if you give me choice of chicharito type v. a sheva or henry type. I side with latter

but if you give me choice of chicharito (who is world class in what he does) v. someone like benzema or pato (who are not YET), i'd side w/ chicharito.

That's not to say benzema or pato won't reach level fo a fully complete forward, just talking now....

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People hating on Chicharito - Can you remind me who scored the goals in the 07 CL final? He's also quicker than anybody is crediting him for. He's not a brilliant footballer, but so? He scores and goals win games. Nobody is saying he's world class he's just a very useful player

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Several foreign-owned Premier League clubs want to scrap relegation, according to League Managers Association (LMA) chief Richard Bevan.

Bevan fears that if more clubs are sold to foreign investors they may have enough votes to force changes.

But the Premier League said relegation and promotion were part of its rules and added to the league's strength.

Bevan hopes that a parliamentary inquiry into football governance would also help prevent the proposal.

"We're very keen that the report is successful in helping the Football Association introduce a licensing programme for clubs," he said.

"Because there are a number of overseas-owned clubs already talking about bringing about the avoidance of promotion and relegation in the Premier League.

"If we have four or five more new owners, that could happen."

Nearly half of the Premier League's 20 clubs are under foreign ownership, with rules stipulating that if changes are to be made to the format, 14 clubs must vote in favour of any new reforms.

Blackburn joined the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea in this class when they were taken over by Indian-owned Venky's Group last season.

But the Premier League told BBC Sport that the move would be a non-starter, with the Football Association retaining the power to veto any proposals.

The Premier League clubs have not formally discussed any such move since Bolton chairman Phil Gartside proposed his two-tiered structure two years ago, an idea which was soon dismissed.

However, Bevan still believes it is a possibility, arguing any new owner of a Premier League club would not need to be foreign for them to see there would be money to be made from scrapping relegation.
:fp:

Quite literally the worst idea in football. :lol:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Manchester derby at the weekend. I hope Mike Summerbee is a pundit. Summerbee vs Neville will be great.

:lol:
The irony being he used to support United.

:fp:

Quite literally the worst idea in football. :lol:

It's a crazy idea.

Last edited:

TeKappa

Primavera
Reaction score
i think i'll put it this way.

Obviously if you give me choice of chicharito type v. a sheva or henry type. I side with latter

but if you give me choice of chicharito (who is world class in what he does) v. someone like benzema or pato (who are not YET), i'd side w/ chicharito.

That's not to say benzema or pato won't reach level fo a fully complete forward, just talking now....

I'd take pato over chich any day, pato adds a new dimension to the game that chich doesn't. chich is van nistelrooys replacement, tap in king.

Damocles

Denis Law's Backheel
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Gattuso, Abbiati
Manchester derby at the weekend. I hope Mike Summerbee is a pundit. Summerbee vs Neville will be great.

:lol:
The irony being he used to support United.

It's a crazy idea.

Funnily enough, those stats shown on Sky Sports were later proven to be absolute tosh and Summerbee was correct.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Chicharito is prue #9

I love players like this, movement, finishing and thats it

He is a fantastic striker, perfect partner for a hard working striker like Rooney

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Funnily enough, those stats shown on Sky Sports were later proven to be absolute tosh and Summerbee was correct.

The stats themselves wasn't what was funny, it was the fact that he harped on about them and then changed his mind and said stats didn't mean anything (I haven't actually seen the "other" stats, btw). Then he said United only won because of an amazing goal but when contronted with the fact that City's goal was jammy he ignored it and said it doesn't matter how they go in (or something to that effect). Sky Sports showed the goals and I think 2 United chances and got annoyed that they hadn't showed City's chances yet (just 5 minutes after the match). The fact that City fans actually flooded Sky Sports with complaints about how he was treated on there :-)conf: ) made it even funnier. It's usually the scousers that spend hours online or on the radio complaining about that kind of the thing.

He's a good mate with Paddy Crerrand who constantly winds him up about it :tongue:

He loves to go on a rant. If you remember before the match he got annoyed when a Sky Sports poll had Giggs ahead of George Best.

I'd take pato over chich any day, pato adds a new dimension to the game that chich doesn't. chich is van nistelrooys replacement, tap in king.

Have you ever seen Van Nistlerooy play?

"Tap in king" is hugely unfair. God I love that video.

Last edited:

TeKappa

Primavera
Reaction score
man utd fan ur kidding right? u posted a video showing van nist tap in goals. nist nd chich are poachers, sort of like inzaghi. they dont make amazing runs/dribbles. they wait go for the right time and shoot. when have u ever seen van make an amazing run down past 2-3 defenders with the ball out dribble and score? cmon now

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Van Nistelrooy wasn't a poacher. He's a classic #9. Plays the box, but he links up well and has a good back to goal game.

Do you consider Klose a poacher? Cause Klose is basically a worse version of Ruud, or even Vieri (though I think Vieri at his peak was better than Ruud)

If Benzema is lucky he can be like Ruud....

----

It's like it's become sinful to be just a standard #9. Give me one of those players any day of the week..

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
man utd fan ur kidding right? u posted a video showing van nist tap in goals. nist nd chich are poachers, sort of like inzaghi. they dont make amazing runs/dribbles. they wait go for the right time and shoot. when have u ever seen van make an amazing run down past 2-3 defenders with the ball out dribble and score? cmon now

Check out his goals against Fulham and Arsenal.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Why does it even matteR?

How many players can consistently guarantee you 20-25 league goals a year, every year?

Not that many...

Is RVN in the Ronaldo class? Henry Class? No, but I don't see anyone... but he's still a world class player

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Nistelrooy wasn't a poacher. He's a classic #9. Plays the box, but he links up well and has a good back to goal game.

Do you consider Klose a poacher? Cause Klose is basically a worse version of Ruud, or even Vieri (though I think Vieri at his peak was better than Ruud)

If Benzema is lucky he can be like Ruud....

----

It's like it's become sinful to be just a standard #9. Give me one of those players any day of the week..

It's like we share the same mind.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's like we share the same mind.

I just hate the idea, if you don't use excessive technique and flair you're 'average'

just like lampard in midfield> If it was that easy to score 10-15 goals from CM (open play) a year like he did for 7-8 years straight, more players would do it.

If it was that easy to just 'poach' or score more players would do it....

People underestimate how hard it is. Your first touch has to be immaculate, cause you'r getting ball in box with little space. You have to be intelligent enough to constantly get yourself open/available for the pass. Some do it like Ruud, using strength and still having balance to control ball and get a shot off. Some use quickness to create separation like chicharito.

It's all very useful.

but it does take a good amount of 'skill' to have intelligence, balance and agilibty to get open, control the ball with your first touch and get a shot off without stopping

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Top two collide and the rest [Chelsea, Spurs, Lpool etc] will be hoping cut the gap.

e28a18824dc12cf773aa915855663c52.png

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been told by the Football Association he cannot comment on Patrice Evra's racism claims.

Ferguson confirmed earlier this week that Evra wished to pursue his allegations against Liverpool's Luis Suarez, made immediately after United's 1-1 draw at Liverpool last Saturday.

The FA has now opened its investigation and spoke to Evra on Thursday, but for the duration of the case Ferguson has been told not to speak.

So, whilst Kenny Dalglish was able to confirm Liverpool remain "100% behind" Suarez, the United boss has not been able to offer further thoughts, which is evidently a matter of some irritation.

Plenty to say

"The FA interviewed Patrice yesterday and have sent us a directive today saying not to discuss it while the investigation is going on," revealed Ferguson on Friday.

"I have got plenty to say on the subject, but I suppose I will have to adhere to what they are saying.

"I would like to say something about Pat in this particular instance, but let them get on with their investigation."

The FA has refused to confirm the latest situation, or how long the investigations will take.

However, it would appear certain the governing body will now ask to speak to Suarez for his version of events before trying to piece together an accurate assessment of what occurred.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11669_7257739,00.html

Not sure why Fergie was told not to say anything but Dalglish wasn't. I've seen probably 15 journalists talk about how Evra has cried wolf before yet when the facts showed that actually he hasn't (http://therepublikofmancunia.com/ho...-race-card-and-why-assumptions-are-dangerous/), very few responded. Infact of all the journo's who had a strong opinion against Evra, I've only seen Daniel Lewis (Mirror) and Gabriel Marcotti actually acknowledge it.

Fiero

Reaction score
I just hate the idea, if you don't use excessive technique and flair you're 'average'

just like lampard in midfield> If it was that easy to score 10-15 goals from CM (open play) a year like he did for 7-8 years straight, more players would do it.

If it was that easy to just 'poach' or score more players would do it....

People underestimate how hard it is. Your first touch has to be immaculate, cause you'r getting ball in box with little space. You have to be intelligent enough to constantly get yourself open/available for the pass. Some do it like Ruud, using strength and still having balance to control ball and get a shot off. Some use quickness to create separation like chicharito.

It's all very useful.

but it does take a good amount of 'skill' to have intelligence, balance and agilibty to get open, control the ball with your first touch and get a shot off without stopping

And yet people don't learn from the Quaresma example. All flair and no end product meant failure at Barcelona, Inter, and Chelsea, and right now he's in Turkey. But probably based on youtube compilations people could (and they probably do) call Quaresma the best player in the world.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
And yet people don't learn from the Quaresma example. All flair and no end product meant failure at Barcelona, Inter, and Chelsea, and right now he's in Turkey. But probably based on youtube compilations people could (and they probably do) call Quaresma the best player in the world.

I <3 Quaresma..........

in FIFA 12.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
RvN is one of my favourite EPL players, if not the favourite. Top class forward. Calling him just a box poacher is ridiculous. Not that there's anything un-footballish about being just a box poacher.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Good result for Newcastle, with their win & loserfools drawing their.

Status
Not open for further replies.