AC Milan Pre-Season Friendlies 2014

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
People are actually judging our team on the basis of this result. :lol:

We didn't play too badly imo, I hope Inzaghi gives enough opportunities to youngsters, could turn out to be an interesting season after all.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
couldn't watch the game...
any recording of the game ? or at least of the goals ?

economist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That was the best I've seen Milan play in over a year.

And more movement in one match than an entire year.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seriously... 2-0 against a team like Renate

Whats gonna happen when we play against the big teams of Serie A.

Calm the fuck down. Liverpool lost 2-1 vs some Danish team today. Does that mean they will get relegated? Barca and Real got humiliated a few times in friendlies vs 3rd and 4th rate teams. Bayern lost 3-0 this year in a friendly vs Salzburg. They should just dismantle the team and go home.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
El Shaarawy scores in Milan test

Stephan El Shaarawy and Riccardo Saponara scored as Milan beat Renate 2-0 in their opening friendly.

Coach Pippo Inzaghi held his first pre-season match against Lega Pro side Renate in Sobliate Arno.

He tested out the 4-3-3 system with Mbaye Niang, Giampaolo Pazzini and El Shaarawy, but Alex gave the ball away repeatedly in the first half.

El Shaarawy broke the deadlock after 23 minutes, hitting his first attempt on to the upright and then bundling the rebound over the line from a Cristian Zaccardo assist.

Niang wasted a couple of good scoring opportunities, but second half substitute Saponara doubled Milan’s lead with a chest and volley.

Hachim Mastour, the 16-year-old sensation promoted from the youth team, played the final 21 minutes.

---

Glad to hear that SES got on the score sheet, it doesn't matter that its against a weak side it will help him build up his confidence.

I'm going to give Alex a few more matches before i decide on him, probably just nervous on his debut.

Niang is still a fucktard apparently.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zaccardo and Constant were the worst in my book. The youngsters I don't really wanna judge yet.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Freakout

Beginner
Reaction score
Everyone was pretty ok, except SES, Modic, Saponara these 3 were really great.. The new players like Mastour, Agazzi, Alex need some time to adjust here, and we cant even judge them according to their 1st perfomance :D

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Everyone was pretty ok, except SES, Modic, Saponara these 3 were really great.. The new players like Mastour, Agazzi, Alex need some time to adjust here, and we cant even judge them according to their 1st perfomance :D

Zaccardo had two assists.

The Man

Banned
Reaction score

Would be great if Saponara took the step this season. We wont sign more than maximum 2 more good players so one or two of the promising players like Saponara, Poli must take the step into real starting A team players.

This Modic guy seems good. But can you take him seriously allready when he is so young?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Inzaghi, Kaka, T. Silva, De Jong
I know it was vs a Lega Pro team so you can't really judge, but certain things stood out to me.
1) Modic really impressed me. His long passes found their man every time, and really dictated the tempo of play.
2) Saponara also had a good match...hopefully the change in position (and coach) is the stimulus he needs to make that step up in quality.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I know it was vs a Lega Pro team so you can't really judge, but certain things stood out to me.
1) Modic really impressed me. His long passes found their man every time, and really dictated the tempo of play.
2) Saponara also had a good match...hopefully the change in position (and coach) is the stimulus he needs to make that step up in quality.

Saponara still needs to learn how to defend in a three-man mid.Not his fault since hes played AM all his life.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Inzaghi, Kaka, T. Silva, De Jong
Saponara still needs to learn how to defend in a three-man mid.Not his fault since hes played AM all his life.

The thing is that he'll be the most advanced of those 3, and with De Jong and Poli doing the heavy lifting behind him he won't need to do as much defensive work, especially if the plan is to press from the front. Think Coutinho with Liverpool this season.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. It was Renate but it is always good to win.

2. Saponara looks like he has improved defensively slightly. Still a work in progress in that department but it shows that he generates football for the team and most of the time makes the right decisions.

3. SeS was explosive as always.

4. Niang needs to improve his decision making the most. In one play he had 3 open man and decided to shot from distance. If the kid keeps calm, he will score sooner rather than later.

5. Modic? it seems he has done really good. So did Piccinicchi the previous game and we still have not seen Cristante yet.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What impressed me the most about Saponara is his mentality in this game. He really seems to give it all he's got. If you guys remember under Allegri and Seedorf, every time he came on he just wasn't in the game mentaly. He needs a lot of work tactically but mentaly he is improving immensely. Pippo proving what we all knew already, that he's a great motivator and it's just what this team needed most. :thumbsup:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What impressed me the most about Saponara is his mentality in this game. He really seems to give it all he's got. If you guys remember under Allegri and Seedorf, every time he came on he just wasn't in the game mentaly. He needs a lot of work tactically but mentaly he is improving immensely. Pippo proving what we all knew already, that he's a great motivator and it's just what this team needed most. :thumbsup:

IMO, the main difference is that we are playing as a team right now. We are not playing the hot hand tactic or play for the guy who wants to make the world cup. So far in Pippo's vision, there is not 'I' in team which makes everybody who is playing vital.

The Man

Banned
Reaction score

I think it is the right decision to try Saponara in midfield. To me he has always given the impression to lack speed to play a modern AM. And he definitely does not have superskills like Totti and Ibrahimovic which is nessassary in attack if you do not have the speed.

Great to see that SES is back. He is gifted enough to become the first Italian Megastar since Baggio.

Last edited:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

only really good thing i noticed was he wanted the ball, in a young player thats important.

Plus even if the passes wernt fantastic, he is composed on the ball and looking for players.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
only really good thing i noticed was he wanted the ball, in a young player thats important.

Plus even if the passes wernt fantastic, he is composed on the ball and looking for players.

Just stop overrating Primavera players, remember Pacifico, he had a good game and where is he now? :lol: he is sold to lega pro.

Playing vs Renate of lega pro is not the same like playing vs Juventus, Roma, Napoli. Piccinocchi would look like shit if he plays vs big clubs.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Im still really not impressed with Saponara and i dont think he will play any min this season, he will end to Empoli or Cesena.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Im still really not impressed with Saponara and i dont think he will play any min this season, he will end to Empoli or Cesena.

He's been one if not the most impressive guys during training videos and one of the best in the Milanello training game and against Renate in a new position. Chill

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Just stop overrating Primavera players, remember Pacifico, he had a good game and where is he now? :lol: he is sold to lega pro.

Playing vs Renate of lega pro is not the same like playing vs Juventus, Roma, Napoli. Piccinocchi would look like shit if he plays vs big clubs.

you mad? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Schedule