AC Milan 1-1 Parma FC, 9/22/07

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Rosanna03 said:
is the match tomorrow or sunday?
acmilan.com says 22th September.

Please help I have to plan my weekend and do not want to miss the match. :D

acmilan.com also says it's 1 day 1 hour and 10 minutes till the match ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serie A Preview: Milan - Parma

What: Italian Serie A
Who: AC Milan (5 pts., 5th) vs. FC Parma (2 pts., 14th)
When: Saturday September 22, 20:30 (CET)
Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza ‘San Siro’, Milan

The above title refers to three famous examples of Multiple Personality Disorder (more commonly known as having a “split personality”), each a literary work which was later turned into a motion picture, and the latter two having basis in real life events.

If it is possible for a football club to have a split personality, then Milan can certainly be included in the above grouping. The Rossoneri have struggled to produce goal-scoring opportunities in their domestic battles, but look incredibly adept when it comes to the Champions League.

This mentality was blatantly obvious in Milan’s last two matches—the away draw against Siena last weekend and the home encounter versus Benfica on Tuesday. In the match with Siena, though several players were rested (namely Kakà), Milan were a shadow of the side which began the season with a convincing 3-1 away victory against Genoa. They lacked movement in the attacking third, and Alberto Gilardino, the lone stiker, received no service from his midfield. Gilardino’s best chances to score came in the first few moments, when he twice created something for himself and came close to scoring.

Milan eventually got their act together, but that was only in order to level the match after Siena had taken the lead. This poor display relegated them to a second league draw in as many matches.

This past Tuesday, Milan were on fire, and deservedly defeated Benfica in the Champions League, 2-1. The first goal came from a beautiful Andrea Pirlo free-kick. The second was a full volley by Filippo Inzaghi inside the box, which was assisted by Pirlo.

Milan sparkled in this match, and showed what they are capable of, but it begs the question of why they can’t perform this way in the Serie A, as they clearly are a better side when playing on the European stage.

Parma, however, don’t have such a duplicitous mentality. They have struggled across the board this term, similar to last season. With only three goals scored and five allowed, they are treading dangerous waters at such an early stage of the season, with yet another relegation battle seemingly in their near future.

The off-season was not fruitful for Parma, as the necessary reinforcements in attack did not arrive. Bernardo Corradi returned to the peninsula from his ill-advised venture in England, but is not the player he once was. The loss of Giuseppe Rossi, whom arrived on-loan last season to help rescue the side from relegation, was also a major hit, as he oftentimes was the only player upfront to be consistent at all.

Parma will need Corradi and attack partner Reginaldo to gel quickly, so as to stave off the calls from the supporters for a change.

FORM GUIDE

Milan

8/26 Genoa 0-3 Milan Serie A

8/31 Milan 3-1 Sevilla UEFA Super Cup

9/3 Milan 1-1 Fiorentina Serie A

9/15 Siena 1-1 Milan Serie A

9/18 Milan 2-1 Benfica UEFA Champions League

Parma

8/26 Parma 2-2 Catania Serie A

8/29 Parma 1-3 Juventus Coppa Italia

9/2 Atalanta 2-0 Parma Serie A

9/16 Parma 1-1 Cagliari Serie A

TEAM NEWS

Milan again have to do without captain Paolo Maldini and Ronaldo, both of whom are not yet fit. Serginho is still some distance from achieving full fitness, and Filippo Inzaghi will most likely be rested, with former Parma player Gilardino taking his spot.

Parma also have an injured-trio, those being Andrea Gasbarroni, Giuseppe Cardone and Igor Budan. The talented but temperamental player, Domenico Morfeo, will not feature in this match following his arguments with the manager prior to the start of the season.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Kakà (Milan) – Some might believe that Alberto Gilardino, given his former years with Parma, would be the key figure here, but Kakà is always the centerpiece of Milan’s attack, and nearly everything positive for the side goes through him.

Bernardo Corradi (Parma) – This will come as news to absolutely no one, but Milan struggle at defending set-pieces and aerial balls. Corradi can still be a viable option in the air, and could give Milan trouble when the occasion arises.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Gilardino

Parma (4-4-2): Bucci; Coly, Falcone, Rossi, Castellini; Dessena, Cigarini, Morrone, Pisanu; Corradi, Reginaldo

PREDICTION

Milan will be looking to pick up right where they left off on Tuesday, and to take the initiative to be a positive, attack-minded side. Parma will need to be on their toes in this encounter, but Milan should finally get their collective act together and play better domestically.

Milan 2-0 Parma

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=421614

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
any guess on who will be "dumb" or "dumber" of the match?

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Jasper said:
Rumour has it that JPM told Kaka to rest this one out. Anybody have a reliable source?

who is JPM?

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
adrian_milan said:
have some faith lad...look at the statistic...
Serie A 2006/07 Milan 1 - 0 Parma
Serie A 2006/07 Parma 0 - 2 Milan
Serie A 2005/06 Parma 2 - 3 Milan
Serie A 2005/06 Milan 4 - 3 Parma
Serie A 2004/05 Milan 3 - 0 Parma
Serie A 2004/05 Parma 1 - 2 Milan
Serie A 2003/04 Milan 3 - 1 Parma
Serie A 2003/04 Parma 0 - 0 Milan
we always win since 2003/2004...why should stop now???

glad to see u r very optimistic dude :D .. i hope milan can win this match .. well at least according to my dear friend's statistic :tongue: milan will win the match!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
riamaldini said:
who is JPM?
One of our doctors Jean Pierre Meeserman. Though seeing Kaka on the called up list makes me think the rumour is wrong. And I did a little mistake as it was dr. Martens in the news.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
BMWTaylor said:
Man of the match: Luca Bucci.
That will be so brutal...
I was wondering why almost every GK had great performance when they against Milan, so far like Frey from Fiorentina, the GK from Sinea and Quim for Benfica...:rolleyes:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Here's my expected lineup:

---------------------Dida-------------------
--Oddo----Bonera------Nesta-----Jankulovski---
-------Gattuso-------Pirlo-----------Ambrosini
-----------------Kaka--------Seedorf----------
----------------------Gilardino-----------------

Hopefully we play with the same frame of mind and style of play as we did against Benfica. Also this would be an opportune time for Gila to score against his former team. Hope he does so and we win.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
If anyone will trouble us it will be Corradi. They don't have the quality to match it with us. If we play half as good as we did against Benfica we will demolish them.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The above title refers to three famous examples of Multiple Personality Disorder (more commonly known as having a “split personality”), each a literary work which was later turned into a motion picture, and the latter two having basis in real life events.
Huh?

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:

LOL. That's what I said, too, and then I realized that the article was missing its title: "'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' 'The Three Faces of Eve' and 'Sybil'"

O/T: I am very happy that the Giants will finally rid themselves of Bonds. Maybe I'll start watching baseball again. Well, maybe just the Giants.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kats said:
LOL. That's what I said, too, and then I realized that the article was missing its title: "'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' 'The Three Faces of Eve' and 'Sybil'"

O/T: I am very happy that the Giants will finally rid themselves of Bonds. Maybe I'll start watching baseball again. Well, maybe just the Giants.
Same here. Hey, thanks for the good news. :) I didn't know about that until I logged on here a few minutes ago and read this. Heck, we knew it was coming after he broke the record. My guess is he'll rot out the rest of his career as a DH, because he can't do squat in the outfield anymore.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Jasper said:
One of our doctors Jean Pierre Meeserman. Though seeing Kaka on the called up list makes me think the rumour is wrong. And I did a little mistake as it was dr. Martens in the news.
ah.. meeserman that doctor with eyeglasses? i thought another brazillian made a friend with kaka.. superstar F1 Juan Pablo Montoya.. LOL..^_^

Last edited:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
From Europe to Italy: there will be less space, but the real problem we need to solve is that we need to be faster. We have to move better and move the ball around quicker. - ANCELOTTI'S PRESS CONFERENCE –

MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti's press conference ahead of Milan-Parma began with a question on the reactions to a video of Ronaldo's injury: "That's in the past now". Then the discussion verted on the whistling and Paolo Maldini's worries about the fans: "In this moment the situation - the Milan coach said - at San Siro is certainly not very pleasant, we are disappointed that we are missing the support which we consider very important. The final part of last season went so well also thanks to a wonderful atmosphere which surrounded the team. Our Captain said some very true things yesterday, it's important to feel the support of your fans, there's nothing more to add to what Paolo said yesterday. I hope the team and all the players are spurred on in the right way, while for Gilardino it's only a matter of time, he always struggles a little at the start of a season, he will find back his verve and the goals will come later as always. He has no physical problems, but he has to learn to isolate himself mentally during a match and do what he does during the trainings. He scored 35 goals for Milan in these first two seasons, if he can keep this average up we can be satisfied, as I said it's normal for him to struggle at the start."

Then on Milan-Parma: "It will be a different game compared to Tuesday, the spaces will be more closed, but our approach will have to be the same. At Siena we did not play to our levels, but that wasn't because the players who were on the pitch had played less, there is no Milan 1 or Milan 2. I only think there are some players who are more in condition because they have played more, while others are not as in form because they have played less. The fans? I hope that from tomorrow the public will be the same as always. Parma? They are starting to find their identity, they are a bit inconsistent, but they are young and there are some interesting players who can create problems. Tomorrow the unavailable players will be Maldini, Ronaldo, Serginho, and Digao. But we will put out the best formation and a victory would be very welcome. In the Cup we did well and now we have to make up for our two missteps in the league. For all the big Italian teams winning the Champions League is the primary objective, that's natural, I think also Inter's president said it recently and it's probably the same thing for Roma, but right now it's too early to make choices. The two missteps against Fiorentina and Siena were caused by a lack of time to recover properly from the energies spent, there were no psychological problems.

Other themes: "We have more difficulties in the league because we know we are playing games that will be very locked up, but we have to solve this problem through our speed and our movements. Speed is important, the faster you are the better, and the movement is important to have the ball circulating well. Kaká? He has no problems, he's doing fine. I don't know if tomorrow we will play with two strikers. Mancini-Spalletti? I'm just an observer and I won't make any judgements. At the moment we have to improve in defence, and especially improve our aerial game. This problem penalised us at Siena, as they opponents were able to bring the ball to our area more often. Mourinho? Against Rosenborg, I thought Chelsea were better than on other occasions, they had the same problems we had at Siena after the Norwegian team's goal. But they played a decent game, in any case I don't think that Mourinho's sacking had anything to do with that particular match. Now Chelsea are a very attractive team for coaches who are out of work at the moment, they're an excellent team, even though I'm already worried because now Mourinho is being linked with my job (laughs). When we met at Kiev, Shevchenko did not mention any problems with Mourinho, and in general it's never the performance of one player who determines the departure of a coach."

Then he talked about Pirlo: "I think Andrea now has much more consistency and maturity compared to past years. The great esteem his qualities are held in by his team mates and opponents stimulates him even more, I think by now everyone acknowledges he is a very important player. Even when they mark him closely, his past as a playmaker behind the strikers allows him to know how to find space for himself. Inter? In Europe every game can throw up big surprises, especially away from home, and against teams who on paper don't seem very dangerous but turn out to be very strong on the pitch. Inter were overwhelmed by this impressive performance of the Turkish side, which effectively has more Brazilians than Turks. The Golden Ball? Personally I think that Maldini, Kaká, Inzaghi and Pirlo are all worthy of winning it. I won't make a graduatory, but for me they all deserve it and I'm sure one of them will win it. Ambrosini? In the final part of the season his return gave us more consistency and balance in midfield, his presence was fundamental for our results. Personally I'm very happy because we found back a great player. A year ago we had different thoughts about him and so did he, but as often happens in a short time things changed completely for him."

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
'The situation surrounding the fans is too bad, but it's important to remember that us players have to think only about going on the pitch to play. With or without their chants. We have to think about improving and doing well on the pitch, as we did against Benfica, without the fan support. If then the fans would decide to cheer us, it would give us a boost, but we cannot be influenced by this. We don't really understand why this is happening, this is a team which gives satisfactions to their team every year."

according CAFU to acmilan.com

this fan thing seem like going worst?hope not

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
riamaldini said:
this fan thing seem like going worst?hope not
Agreement has been made and support should be behind teams though ultras seek other ways to fight against new laws.

aneh2

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
will the fans jeered the players because they attack them? or will they finally show their heart?

it's going to be interesting to see

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acmilan.com said:
Inter were overwhelmed by this impressive performance of the Turkish side, which effectively has more Brazilians than Turks.
Hm, something about people in glass houses...

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Darn it ... just heard its a friend's birthday tomorrow and we're going to have to celebrate it tonight. Might have to miss this one then :rolleyes:

Don't disappoint lads. And 3 points is all I ask for ... preferably with a 2 - 0 icing on the cake ;)

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
riamaldini said:
The Golden Ball? Personally I think that Maldini, Kaká, Inzaghi and Pirlo are all worthy of winning it. I won't make a graduatory, but for me they all deserve it and I'm sure one of them will win it."
[OT]He is kidding right ? if Inzaghi has the chance to win the golden ball maybe my grandpa could make the list :D [OT]

Anyway, as far as the game concerns.....there should only be one outcome, winning.....and playing well as we did against Benfica would be welcomed.

I just hope Gourcuff plays from the start.....cuz this kid has no chance of improving if he is not given the chance to play more frequently..

My prediction 3-0 goals coming from Kaka maybe twice and Gila(finger crossed)

milan133

Forza Azzurri ;)
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini. Kaka. Pirlo. Nesta. Buffon. Toni. Cech. Van Persie. Fabregas. Rosicky
MILAN-PARMA: CALLED UP PLAYERS
9/21/2007
MILANELLO - 18 players have been called up for tomorrow: GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi.

And

PARMA'S CALLED UP PLAYERS
9/21/2007
MILAN - Here are the 19 called up players of Parma: GOALKEEPERS: Bucci, Pavarini, Petr; DEFENDERS: Castellini, Coly, Couto, Falcone, Zenoni, M.Rossi; MIDFIELDERS: Cigarini, Dessena, Morrone, Parravicini, Pisanu, Tombesi; STRIKERS: Corradi, Matteini, Paoni, Reginaldo.www.fcparma.com

www.acmilan.com

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I just dont want Emerson to start this match.. we should stick to our 1st XI .. Gilardino should play.. even if he sucks.. still.. he has to prove everyone wrong and start to score goals.. imagine brace for him tonight and all the story will change.. everyone will start to praise him.. it's hard to be a striker.. but it's interesting because some players even in their worse days.. still menage to do something.. ex. Kaka , C.Ronaldo , Messi ..

I predict 2 - 0 for us .. with Kaka and Gilardino in the scoresheet..

FORZA MILAN !!

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Besi said:
I just dont want Emerson to start this match.. we should stick to our 1st XI .. Gilardino should play.. even if he sucks.. still.. he has to prove everyone wrong and start to score goals.. imagine brace for him tonight and all the story will change.. everyone will start to praise him.. it's hard to be a striker.. but it's interesting because some players even in their worse days.. still menage to do something.. ex. Kaka , C.Ronaldo , Messi ..

I predict 2 - 0 for us .. with Kaka and Gilardino in the scoresheet..

FORZA MILAN !!

Calciomercato says, Inzaghi to steal Gilardino place.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besfort said:
Calciomercato says, Inzaghi to steal Gilardino place.
Gazzetta gives 60-40 to Gilardino. Bonera has the same probability against Kaladze. We shall see. :cool:

Schedule