Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball)

Who will be the winner of Golden Ball this Year ?

• Kaka'

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Andrea Pirlo

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Leo Messi

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Francesco Totti

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Ronaldinho

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Luca Toni

• Frank Ribery

• Riquelme

• Francesc Fabregas

• Gigi Buffon

• Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Didier Drogba

• Steven Gerard

• Genaro Gattuso

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Wayne Rooney

• Paul Scholes

• Ruud van Nistelrooy

• David Villa

• Paolo Maldini

• Deco

• Thierry Henry

• Diego

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clarence Seedorf

• Miroslav Klose

• Total voters

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
mourinho such a softie at heart, getting teared up from sneijders speech

coach of the year is jose mourinho, could be a sign that iniesta wont win the mens?

puskas award goes to hamit altintop

womens world player award goes to Marta, her 5th

The most important, the mens world player award goes to ................................. messi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some members will have alot to say about this

121100hp2.jpg

first to retain it since ronnie in 05, feel sorry for xavi

FC Barcelona now equal the eight awards picked up by players from Juventus and AC Milan. Juventus won it with Sívori (1961), Rossi (1982), Platini (1983, 1984 and 1985), Baggio (1993 and 1994), Zidane (1998) and Nedved (2003), whilst for Milan, Rivera (1969), Gullit (1987), Van Basten (1988, 1989 and 1992), Weah (1995), Shechenko (2004) and Kaká (2007) all won the award.

World XI: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid and Spain); Maicon (Inter Milana and Brazil), Gerard Pique (Barcelona and Spain), Lucio (Inter Milan and Brazil), Carles Puyol (Barcelona and Spain); Andres Iniesta (Barcelona and Spain), Xavi (Barcelona and Spain), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan and Holland); Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid and Portugal), David Villa (Barcelona and Spain), Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina).

lot of players representing the worlds best league ;)

Last edited:

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
if you wanted to blame anyone, blame the coaches and captains, best chance ever of xavi getting it and he misses out

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
feel bad for Xavi, this should have been the crown of his career, but I guess votes for him & Iniesta were divided so Messi grabbed it, probably undeservedly (although he is still the best player in the world IMO).

diehardmilanist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ballon D'or is not really won by the best player in the world anymore ;) it is won by the player almost all the world likes the most I'm tellin u :)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Poor Xavi,such a nice bloke.He really deserved this one.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
FUCKING JOKE RESULT! :mad:

Should have known this award would be tarnished as soon as it joined hands with FIFA.

Fuck sake!
Exactly! No way that fuckface MourinHO deserves best coach! :mad:

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
Everything Fifa touches turns to shit!

Messi and Iniesta didnt even deserve to be nominated!

Sneider deserved this award in my opinion won the treble plus had an mazing WC !

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Wesley or xavi nobody else
Fifaaaa but i love Blatter :p

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ultimately though, who really gives a fuck? Individual awards in a team sport are bollocks anyway.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ultimately though, who really gives a fuck? Individual awards in a team sport are bollocks anyway.

+1
i dont give a fuck

glad a spaniard didnt win tho

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

you are born to serve the state, no individual entity exists

kim_jong_il.jpg

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Van Bommel and holland coach had their vote canceled.
they vote for a fellow citizen.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you are born to serve the state, no individual entity exists

kim_jong_il.jpg

Exactly. ;)

Does anyone remember who won last year's award for North Korean of the Year? No. Although I imagine it was Pak Doo-Ik.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he destroyed italy :proud:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's either a team sport or a Mourinho team sport.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
WTF... Messi?!

Sneijder should have won, or at least been nominated.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Robinho vote:

Messi; Xavi; Forlán

Mourinho; Del Bosque; Guardiola

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ballon D'or is not really won by the best player in the world anymore ;) it is won by the player almost all the world likes the most I'm tellin u :)
Its been that way for a long time now. Wonder why some of you are shocked.
Exactly.
FUCKING JOKE RESULT! :mad:

Should have known this award would be tarnished as soon as it joined hands with FIFA.

Fuck sake!
Why weren't you also as vocal when Pirlo didn't win it? :o

:D

Ok, jokes aside, highlights for me were Archbishop Desmond Tutu's speach, Weah and Van Basten in the stands, and that little girl from Haiti coming onto the same stage only moments after Ronaldo, Messi, Sneijder, etc.

Huge disappointment was the Barthamedia once again clogging up all nominations and awards. For crying out loud, what did Guardiola win to deserve being nominated alongside the two best coaches of the year? La Liga? That joke of a league where the main challenger (Madrid) started Raul? FFS ... and what exactly did Messi win? Even his goal that was nominated for the Puskas award wasn't anything special ... glad he didn't make a clean swoop :rolleyes:

Honestly, this Barthamedia is beyond pathetic. Forgive me if I don't think that they are the only righteous club left in football ... playing the game the way its supposed to be played :proud::star: I'm pretty sure thats the only reason why Pep was even nominated. Or even David Villa, who did shit last season, ahead of Drogba ... pathetic.

Anyway, nothing new. I don't take them seriously, and for me, the best player last year was Sneijder, without a doubt.

Last edited:

Brazil

Primavera
Reaction score
Its been that way for a long time now. Wonder why some of you are shocked.

Exactly.

Why weren't you also as vocal when Pirlo didn't win it? :o

:D

Ok, jokes aside, highlights for me were Archbishop Desmond Tutu's speach, Weah and Van Basten in the stands, and that little girl from Haiti coming onto the same stage only moments after Ronaldo, Messi, Sneijder, etc.

Huge disappointment was the Barthamedia once again clogging up all nominations and awards. For crying out loud, what did Guardiola win to deserve being nominated alongside the two best coaches of the year? La Liga? That joke of a league where the main challenger (Madrid) started Raul? FFS ... and what exactly did Messi win? Even his goal that was nominated for the Puskas award wasn't anything special ... glad he didn't make a clean swoop :rolleyes:

Honestly, this Barthamedia is beyond pathetic. Forgive me if I don't think that they are the only righteous club left in football ... playing the game the way its supposed to be played :proud::star: I'm pretty sure thats the only reason why Pep was even nominated. Or even David Villa, who did shit last season, ahead of Drogba ... pathetic.

Anyway, nothing new. I don't take them seriously, and for me, the best player last year was Sneijder, without a doubt.

Oh please bro!!! U know better than that. Just try to forget a bit bout hating Barca and give Messi credit. 47 goals...I too think some other player should have won, but really to be honest he is the best in the world. Only hardcore fans of Barca opponents think differently...It was disgrace when Cannavaro won it 4 years ago too. Should be Dinhos...2010 Milito and Sneijder should be contenders alongside Xavi or Messi

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Snjieder should have won this year hands down. Led his team to the treble, led Holland to the WC final, won the Silver Ball and Boot. He was the best player period in the world period. And its a freakin joke that Milito wasnt in the top 20, he was one of the best strikers in the world last year without a doubt.

I would have gone-
1.Wesley
2.Xavi
3.Forlan
4.Messi
5.Inesta
6.Milito

Brazil

Primavera
Reaction score
snjieder should have won this year hands down. Led his team to the treble, led holland to the wc final, won the silver ball and boot. He was the best player period in the world period. And its a freakin joke that milito wasnt in the top 20, he was one of the best strikers in the world last year without a doubt.

I would have gone-
1.wesley
2.xavi
3.forlan
4.messi
5.inesta
6.milito

+1

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Maybe its my dislike of having Bartha and their pure football being shoved down my throat talking ... I mean Villa ahead of Drogba? Thats like Del Piero or Toni being the best striker in 2006. Also, I thought Pirlo's goals against Madrid and Parma were better than Messi's ... and he should have won Ballon d'or in 2006, not Dinho :tongue:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Exactly. ;)

Does anyone remember who won last year's award for North Korean of the Year? No. Although I imagine it was Pak Doo-Ik.

I'm pretty sure somehow that award would've end up in Kim Jong's hands :D.

Meh. Eitherway pretty sure Xavi and Iniesta splitted votes, which resulted in Messi's benefit (at least it wasn't Iniesta who missed a lot of last year due to injuries + got the nomination for scoring in the final).

I expected someone from Spain getting one of the awards. Though guess someone from Inter also deserved some mention, and thats where Mourinho beat Del Bosque (who I'll give lots of credit to, for impossing a defensive possession style, contradicting most of Spain's principals and winning a WC scoring that little amount of goals, that's pretty amazing).

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Apparently Puyol recieved loads of votes.

Schedule