The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Experienced players will arrive: Reina, Strinic, and......?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Sarri -> Milan
Conte -> Napoli
Ancelotti -> Ladri

that's what I'm reading today

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
If we sign saari I will forgive the China boys

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Do people know what our mercato budget approx is? I'd say around €50-60M

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sarri -> Milan
Conte -> Napoli
Ancelotti -> Ladri

Looks like Mancini is taking over for Italy and they say Ancelotti has an agreement with a club. My guess Ancelotti goes to Chelsea, Arsenal or Juve (should Allegri leave).

What would be ideal is either Sarri now or Gattuso sticks and if Gattuso sticks around, but ends up sucking then Conte is sitting there waiting for a job :D

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
No to Sarri. No to carlo to ladri.

Yes to vidal, dzeko and keita

Yes to cl nights with hot milano women on stands of san siro. Keep the faith

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ad Sarri:

How would we get rid of Gattuso in a way that does not completely humiliate us?

Most of the legends we burned through did not really convince but Gattuso is not bad at all for someone who took over a team in a huge downward spiral in the middle of the season and never coached at such a high level.

I personally would like to keep Gattuso if he does well enough in the last matches of the season.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ad Sarri:

Most of the legends we burned through did not really convince but Gattuso is not bad at all for someone who took over a team in a huge downward spiral in the middle of the season and never coached at such a high level.

I personally would like to keep Gattuso if he does well enough in the last matches of the season.

Gattuso is probably tied to Mirabelli's future. I can't imagine if a new SD came in they would just stick him with a coach. That didn't work out with Montella when they just confirmed him after the closing.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li, Hidden Galliani

Imagine getting sarri as a coach and spending another 200m :proud:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Imagine finding the 8m to pay Sarri's release clause after confirming Rino for 3 years. It's not happening.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Culture and identity is important

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Ad Sarri:

Milan 0 Benevento 1
Rijeka 2 Milan 0
Benevento 2 Milan 2
Arsenal 5 Milan 1
Verona 3 Milan 0
Milan 1 sasslolo 1

If the club wasn't humiliated by these results... Then we already have no shame, so getting rid of a manager won't exactly make it worse

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Massaro, stop it with the Arsenal game. You make it seem like it was one game where we lost 5-1.

We were cheated in that game. We played poorly in the first leg, fine, but we were up 1-0, and were pushing for our second, when they got a laughable penalty. Are you going to forget when Suso got carded for simulation like 20 minutes later? Do you not remember those things?

Stop acting like Arsenal was some demolition and stop forgetting context.

We lost to Rijeka after we already qualified as the top of the group, so, stop it. We started Zanellato, Paletta, Storari, and Antonelli. We subbed in Riccardo Forte. Who can forget our most important player of our entire season, Riccardo Forte?

A lot of those matches were embarrassing, the only match I'm really mad about though is the loss to Benevento. That, I agree with you, but bad matches happen.

So just... stop man.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Asamoah seems like a good player we should pursue regardless. I am not for giving up on RR yet, I think with some consistency he could still be a great player for us.

Strinic, on the other hand, really does not inspire confidence at all.

Based on his performances this season I doubt it. He started the season well but has regressed massively under Gattuso bar a handful of good games. No wonder he was constantly passed over by the big teams every transfer window.

As for Strinic, he's being signed as a replacement for Antonelli who wants to leave. Nothing more and nothing less. Nobody wants him as a starter but he's an upgrade on Antonelli who can barely run.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The lack of depth excuse is getting boring, a bit like it's all on Montella for the failings this season. Lazio, Inter & Atalanta must have great benches to all outperform us.

This post isn't directed at you, Neo, in particular, so I hope you don't take it that way. However, when it comes to depth:

Lazio certainly does. In their last match, they had Nani and Felipe Anderson on their bench. Who do we have on our bench at their level?

You know, Atalanta might have a deeper bench than we do. In their last game, they had Andrea Petagna (not great, but useful option, he's like an Italian Emile Heskey--doesn't score a lot but does dirty work for an attack) they also had Andreas Cornelius, he's adjusting to Serie A, but he's done very well for them in Europe--he's also a Danish international. They also had Josip Illicic on the bench. So acting like Atalanta is managing an identical situation to ours, but better is actually not true.

Why? Because when you look at what Atalanta's league position was while they were juggling Europa League and Coppa Italia duties, they were actually farther behind us. We got knocked out in the Round of 16 in the EL, while they got knocked out in the Round of 32. So, when you look at our positions, they're ahead of us (by a point) while we're in the Coppa Italia Final and went deeper than them in the EL. Inter hasn't had to deal with the EL at all, and they seemed to have benefited from it greatly--particularly in the first half of the season, look at them in the second half.

Also, the pressure at Atalanta is not the same as at Milan. The pressure at Lazio is not the same. It's not the same at Roma, either. Hell, the pressure at Napoli isn't the same as that of Milan. Acting like players haven't crumbled when they've come to Milan would be unfair. Bertolacci was never good enough for Milan, but he was a good Serie A player. I never expected him to fall to the level that he did though. Did you?

Also, players aren't scrutinized at the same level at these smaller clubs. Look at Ricardo Saponara at Milan and then at Empoli. He even talked in interviews about the difference.

My point is: there are problems that Milan face that smaller clubs do not. There is far more pressure at Milan than at other clubs; we don't have depth in the proper areas (we're loaded at CB, in CDM, but in attack?); and we haven't had consistency in the manager's spot. Which is why I'm leaning towards letting Gattuso keep the job. I don't think Sarri is coming here, I'd be really surprised if he does, but I think managerial consistency is needed here. I'd welcome Sarri if he does indeed come, I just am rather doubtful that he will.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Dude Strinic didn't happily play 2nd fiddle at Napoli. He was/is complete trash which is why they got rid of him and got a different LB backup in Mario Rui. He was far worse than Ghoulam and had no chance of ever playing regularly. He was too mediocre to be back up.

Strinic is a back up in Sampdoria for God's sake. Plus he makes 2 million so 4 million gross?

A primavera player on 100k can offer much more than him. This is a disaster signing from our inept SD

Stop with the misinformation dude!

Firstly, Napoli were willing to extend Strinic's contract or loan him but he left because he wanted regular playing time since Sarri doesn't rotate much. That wouldn't be a problem here because he'd feature in the Europa league + Coppa Italia minimum. Read what his agent had to say about the situation...

https://www.football-italia.net/109386/agent-‘why-napoli-sold-strinic’

Secondly, he's played his fair share of games for the Croatian national team. He played sporadically when he was on the bench for Napoli but featured in the WC qualifiers and some recent friendlies after playing regularly with Sampdoria.

Also, if Mario Rui was so good why did Sarri allow him to move to Roma instead of following him to Napoli?

Again, Strinic is purely being signed as a replacement for Antonelli who wants to leave. Btw Antonelli's earned 3m gross this season for 500 minutes of football so let that sink in.

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Sarri -> Milan
Conte -> Napoli
Ancelotti -> Ladri

Carlo? :lol: :lol: you guys are delusional. He has said many times that theres no other team than Milan and maybe Roma for him in italy.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Why would we not keep Gattuso, there is not really a reason for it. Yes he had a little series of not winning but among these matches there where some really though ones.

His only really bad results since settling in are drawing against Sassuolo and losing against Benevento and Sassuolo (and Benevento so far) are even somewhat jinxed opponents for us.

Because getting 1 point against the worst team in Serie A history is unforgivable. Also, we can't afford to miss out on CL yet again financially and reputationally if we gamble on Gattuso.

He's a good motivator and solid caretaker but he's shown his limitations recently. Yelling and screaming will only get you so far. Get Gasperini if we can't afford a top coach like Conte/Ancelotti/Sarri.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carlo? :lol: :lol: you guys are delusional. He has said many times that theres no other team than Milan and maybe Roma for him in italy.

I wouldn't even want Ancelotti at this point of his career even if he became a viable option. All he does now is chase the big paycheck.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the idea that Gattuso just yells and screams at his teams is not accurate.

He's changed the way we play, and our tactics have been far more precise. If you don't think he's good enough, cool, but acting like all he does is yell? That's just not accurate, at all!

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Sell Silva, Kalinic, Bacca, maybe loan out Cutrone if he won't get the minutes. Buy an experienced CF like Mandzukic or Dezko then get Belotti as well.

I would love Mandzukic/Dzeko plus Belotti. 3 hard working grintastic players with great physicality who run hard and score goals. Allegri transformed Mario into a winger so he could play with Belotti or as CF himself. We also need another "champion" besides Bonucci for the young players to look up to. He's played at top clubs everywhere (just like Reina) so would be great for the dressing room.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because getting 1 point against the worst team in Serie A history is unforgivable. Also, we can't afford to miss out on CL yet again financially and reputationally if we gamble on Gattuso.

He's a good motivator and solid caretaker but he's shown his limitations recently. Yelling and screaming will only get you so far. Get Gasperini if we can't afford a top coach like Conte/Ancelotti/Sarri.

If Milan finish 6th or end up winning the Coppa Italia next week then we can probably put an end to the SD/coach rumors. Winning a trophy or getting into Europe without burning a summer through qualification is the best case scenario at this point. Lose the final next week or finish 7th or worst in Serie A and I think anything can happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule