The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 44 36.97%
Bobini 25 21.01%
Bobaldini 11 9.24%
Malbo 7 5.88%
M&B 32 26.89%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2020, 13:49   #7581
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I don't think their policy is to buy low to sell high. It's buy low to raise the value of the club. They want to cash out ASAP, they don't want to run the club for longer than they have to.

Yeah I don't see Ibra staying but maybe Kjaer will stay. He's cheap and low risk. Same with Saelemaekers. I don't agree with Reina, I think his salary is just too crazy high for Elliott, he won't stay. I'm sure we can find a good goalkeeper for a reasonable amount. No need for him to be as good as Donnarumma, just someone good enough.
I’m not so sure...RB Salzburg have a habit of following the Atalanta model and selling their best players every year e.g. Haaland, Minamino & Dabbur not to mention selling the likes of Haidara, Upamecano & Keita to their sister club Leipzig. Apparently they made over 200m profit on player sales over the past 5 years. As for Leipzig, they’ve done reasonably well to hold onto their best players despite selling Keita for big bucks to Liverpool. It will be interesting to see what happens this summer given that a host of top EPL clubs are sniffing around their best players e.g. Werner, Upamecano, Sabitzer & Konate.

Re Kjaer, IMO he’s the epitome of mediocre Milan and needs to make way for somebody younger. Leipzig’s starting CBs are 20 & 21 and they’re 3rd in the league. In fact, their oldest CB is 27 whilst the fourth & fifth choice are both still teenagers. Also, Reina still has a year left on his contract and earns 3m which is probably the salary cap limit so I don’t see why Elliott would get rid of him if Donna’s sold.

Last edited by Kojak; 01-04-2020 at 13:51.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 13:52   #7582
Nalim
National Team Player

I can't believe what I'm reading. 150-200 million budget? All football clubs are bleeding money right now and Milan is no exception. (Milan was already bleeding money before the crisis)
I think the window will be the quietest we've ever seen. Clubs won't have finances to spend big and given the uncertainty of the situation I don't think many players especially the one's with families will be keen on moving at least not to northern Italy anyway.
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 14:00   #7583
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanBG View Post
Forbes valuations =/= seller's price
True but it’s a good approximation of the tangibles ie according to them we’re worth 600m which is pretty fair for a loss making team without a stadium and devoid of top players and CL.
Old 01-04-2020, 14:44   #7584
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
No chance...Forbes value Juve at 1.5bn and they also own their own stadium, have a team stacked with top players, have won 8 Scudetti in a row and reached the CL final twice in 5 years...
If a provincial club in Turin is valued at 1.5B, imagine Milan at the height of its powers.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 14:51   #7585
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
I can't believe what I'm reading. 150-200 million budget? All football clubs are bleeding money right now and Milan is no exception. (Milan was already bleeding money before the crisis)
I think the window will be the quietest we've ever seen. Clubs won't have finances to spend big and given the uncertainty of the situation I don't think many players especially the one's with families will be keen on moving at least not to northern Italy anyway.

joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 15:44   #7586
omer486
World Cup Winner

Quote:
No chance...Forbes value Juve at 1.5bn and they also own their own stadium, have a team stacked with top players, have won 8 Scudetti in a row and reached the CL final twice in 5 years...
Roma was sold to Friedkin for around 800 mil (including debt ). They have a somewhat decent team , 1 scudetto, no cl finals, no stadium, no strong international following.
omer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 16:06   #7587
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer486 View Post
Roma was sold to Friedkin for around 800 mil (including debt ). They have a somewhat decent team , 1 scudetto, no cl finals, no stadium, no strong international following.
Roma havenít been sold yet but the figures you quoted are in line with what Yonghong paid Berlusconi which shows how far our club has fallen...
Old 01-04-2020, 16:11   #7588
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
I think you will be surprised. I expect a perfectly normal mercato except for the prices that will probably be slightly lower.

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 16:15   #7589
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Roma havenít been sold yet but the figures you quoted are in line with what Yonghong paid Berlusconi which shows how far our club has fallen...
Exactly. Milan full of shit players, no UCL, no stadium, not a single star was sold for 750 m. Now imagine Milan being at UCL's 1/8, having a stadium, young valuable squad with a few stars. That's 1.5 b without much trouble

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 16:33   #7590
CapitanoMaldini
With Arrogance

Fav. Players: Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Laudrup, Maradona, Zidane, Reus

06/07 2nd leg against Man U streaming on UEFA TV for free.

Watching it as I work from home, legendary night, torrential downpour.
CapitanoMaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 17:15   #7591
omer486
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Exactly. Milan full of shit players, no UCL, no stadium, not a single star was sold for 750 m. Now imagine Milan being at UCL's 1/8, having a stadium, young valuable squad with a few stars. That's 1.5 b without much trouble

Plus Milan's sttadium will bring in much more revenue than Juve's. Milan is a much bigger city than Turin. The stadium will have a much higher capacity. The stadium will be part of a huge development that includes shops, restaurants, cafes... The whole development will be jointly owned by Milan and Inter.
omer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 17:45   #7592
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Whoopsie Kojak

Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 17:57   #7593
Il grande Milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I don't think their policy is to buy low to sell high. It's buy low to raise the value of the club. They want to cash out ASAP, they don't want to run the club for longer than they have to.

Yeah I don't see Ibra staying but maybe Kjaer will stay. He's cheap and low risk. Same with Saelemaekers. I don't agree with Reina, I think his salary is just too crazy high for Elliott, he won't stay. I'm sure we can find a good goalkeeper for a reasonable amount. No need for him to be as good as Donnarumma, just someone good enough.
Kjaer showed in many occasions he was just a disaster and Saelemaekers has the potential to reach Brescia bench at best. If this is our future, then we have to be satisfied with midtable performances and resulsts starting from september. Which is actually already going on for some time.
Il grande Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 18:27   #7594
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

FFP regulations have been relaxed officially.

Time to pop the champagne.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 18:32   #7595
Batman
Team Doctor

Fav. Players: Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
Kjaer showed in many occasions he was just a disaster and Saelemaekers has the potential to reach Brescia bench at best. If this is our future, then we have to be satisfied with midtable performances and resulsts starting from september. Which is actually already going on for some time.
Is that based off of the total 30-ish minutes that he played?
Holy shit what were our scouts thinking??
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 18:41   #7596
Batman
Team Doctor

I'm personally still not buying the Rangnick thing and that Milan will turn into the next RB Leipzig or whatever.

I think Milan will bring in a coach with experience who will build off of what Pioli has done this season. He hasn't done great, but we can all see some progress.

There are two coaches available who have, in the past, continued work that Pioli started: Simone Inzaghi and Spalletti.

I'd be happy with either one, probably prefer Spalletti due to his tactical flexibility and experience. After that, I see the team continuing with the 4231 or a variation of it.

I see Milan bringing players like: De Paul, Paredes (in a money + Paqueta deal maybe?), a striker (someone with Milik's profile maybe), a RB, + a couple of younger players to add depth.
I think Gigio is probably out this summer.
Old 01-04-2020, 18:48   #7597
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
It's possible over the long term but certainly not by 2022 as stated in your original post. Take Roma for example, they've qualified for the CL 5 times in the last 6 seasons and made large profits by selling star players such as Marquinhos, Pjanic, Alisson, Salah etc and reached the CL semis after knocking out Barca. However, this has only enabled them to obtain the same valuation as present day Milan (even Forbes ranks them 2 places higher).

Now, given that Milan is a recognised brand worldwide and after factoring in the new stadium, Rangnick would still need to hit the ground running and achieve consistent CL qualifications (over several seasons) and sign the next Kimmich, Firmino, Upamecano, Werner etc. to achieve such a high valuation. E.g. RB Leipzig's squad is currently worth 200m more than ours and just 100m less than Juve's.

Given his track record, it's definitely possible but we don't know how his football will translate in Italy against the likes of Juve, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio & Atalanta.
Old 01-04-2020, 18:49   #7598
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il grande Milan View Post
Old 01-04-2020, 18:52   #7599
Batman
Team Doctor

Quote:
It's possible over the long term but certainly not by 2022 as stated in your original post. Take Roma for example, they've qualified for the CL 5 times in the last 6 seasons and made large profits by selling star players such as Marquinhos, Pjanic, Alisson, Salah etc and reached the CL semis after knocking out Barca. However, this has only enabled them to obtain the same valuation as present day Milan (even Forbes ranks them 2 places higher).

Now, given that Milan is a recognised brand worldwide and after factoring in the new stadium, Rangnick would still need to hit the ground running and achieve consistent CL qualifications (over several seasons) and sign the next Kimmich, Firmino, Upamecano, Werner etc. to achieve such a high valuation. E.g. RB Leipzig's squad is currently worth 200m more than ours and just 100m less than Juve's.

Given his track record, it's definitely possible but we don't know how his football will translate in Italy against the likes of Juve, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio & Atalanta.

It would take 5+ years
Old 01-04-2020, 18:57   #7600
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
It would take 5+ years
Agreed...but that's not to say that we can't qualify for the CL within a year or two given the success he's had with Leipzig who's average squad age is 23.