The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2020, 06:26   #501
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Because there are better options for all the roles in a 4-4-2.

Can't compete with the actual strikers for the front 2 spots.

Doesn't have pace or stamina or the off-ball game for the wide spots.

Would be a huge liability in the middle.
We played 4-4-2 two games.

He was supposed to be this huge talent from brasil.

So whats the plan here?

Sell? Kinda feels like a rushed decision.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 07:12   #502
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
We played 4-4-2 two games.
He started in all of Pioli's first 6 games in charge back when he was deploying a 4141/3241.

He was wasteful and his flashes of brilliance didn't yield into anything other than some Twitter gifs.
However I do think I saw some slight improvements at the end of that run. He played his one and only full game in what became his last start of the year, which suggested he had finally learned to last a whole game. Then he got benched against Parma, which took me by surprise, however we won that away game and also the following one against Bologna. It seemed to be a correct call because those were our two best performances of the season and gave Pioli two much needed wins. He's been given a few cameos since then, where he basically showed he doesn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he came on against Sampdoria. It also wouldn't surprise me if he got benched against Parma for disciplinary reasons.

Last night was the first time he looked like cared, since he got dropped. Perhaps he has realized that PSG won't make an acceptable offer?
Here's hoping that he adapts, although I think it will be veery hard to make him fit in a 4-4-2. But this is Milan, we'll be back to a 3 man midfield as soon as we hit a setback with the 4-4-2.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 07:37   #503
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
He started in all of Pioli's first 6 games in charge back when he was deploying a 4141/3241.



He was wasteful and his flashes of brilliance didn't yield into anything other than some Twitter gifs.

However I do think I saw some slight improvements at the end of that run. He played his one and only full game in what became his last start of the year, which suggested he had finally learned to last a whole game. Then he got benched against Parma, which took me by surprise, however we won that away game and also the following one against Bologna. It seemed to be a correct call because those were our two best performances of the season and gave Pioli two much needed wins. He's been given a few cameos since then, where he basically showed he doesn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he came on against Sampdoria. It also wouldn't surprise me if he got benched against Parma for disciplinary reasons.



Last night was the first time he looked like cared, since he got dropped. Perhaps he has realized that PSG won't make an acceptable offer?

Here's hoping that he adapts, although I think it will be veery hard to make him fit in a 4-4-2. But this is Milan, we'll be back to a 3 man midfield as soon as we hit a setback with the 4-4-2.
Thanks for the ample reply.

I've watched all the games and yeah he was not good.

But still feels like he has something more than the rest of our mids.

Maybe its just wishful thinking.

I hope you are wrong regarding the formation.

Ibra needs a partner with good legs. Leao and rebic should see allot more playing time.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 11:42   #504
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

:d we starting "an alcoholic rumours" now?


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:03   #505
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
:d we starting "an alcoholic rumours" now?
You tryin to tell me he wasn't drunk against Sampdoria?


I'll have you know my cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:31   #506
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan
 
Hitchens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Norway
Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
He started in all of Pioli's first 6 games in charge back when he was deploying a 4141/3241.

He was wasteful and his flashes of brilliance didn't yield into anything other than some Twitter gifs.
However I do think I saw some slight improvements at the end of that run. He played his one and only full game in what became his last start of the year, which suggested he had finally learned to last a whole game. Then he got benched against Parma, which took me by surprise, however we won that away game and also the following one against Bologna. It seemed to be a correct call because those were our two best performances of the season and gave Pioli two much needed wins. He's been given a few cameos since then, where he basically showed he doesn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he came on against Sampdoria. It also wouldn't surprise me if he got benched against Parma for disciplinary reasons.

Last night was the first time he looked like cared, since he got dropped. Perhaps he has realized that PSG won't make an acceptable offer?
Here's hoping that he adapts, although I think it will be veery hard to make him fit in a 4-4-2. But this is Milan, we'll be back to a 3 man midfield as soon as we hit a setback with the 4-4-2.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:35   #507
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan
 
Hitchens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Norway
Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho
Default

Paqueta is a weird case.

I don't see what all the hype was about. He doesn't have any really strong skills, he feels like a classic example of a romantic player who doesn't cut it in Europe. He isn't fast, he isn't strong, he doesn't shoot as well as I thought(in any case he doesn't attempt it very often), he can't really beat a man and he doesn't produce assists.

What he often does instead is shielding he ball in a completely ridicilous way.

It's irritating with players that have to be wooed and accomodated in all sorts of ways in order for them to deliver. Paqueta has been given plenty of chances but not really taken any of them. Whenever he plays not bad everyone is singing his praises because people expect him to be this great star.

I hope he stays and proves me wrong but as of yet he seems like flop of the decade.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 13:05   #508
mALDINI03
WonderKid
 
mALDINI03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: White House
Default

Italian football is pragmatic and those samba counts for nothing if you cannot get pass players. He is better off in French league or Spanish league where he will have more space to express himself. He is a good midfielder just now suitable in Serie A.
mALDINI03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 13:07   #509
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
You tryin to tell me he wasn't drunk against Sampdoria?


I'll have you know my cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 13:13   #510
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan
 
Hitchens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Norway
Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
You tryin to tell me he wasn't drunk against Sampdoria?


I'll have you know my cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.
Is this true Goodfella?
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 15:05   #511
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 18:10   #512
Ronin
Milansochist
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Default

Are we supposed to believe a cousin named "Ray Ray"?

In regards to Paqueta - he's not Brazilian enough, some weird hybrid.


Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 18:48   #513
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Are we supposed to believe a cousin named "Ray Ray"?

In regards to Paqueta - he's not Brazilian enough, some weird hybrid.
Ehm...

https://streamable.com/irhqa


Signature
Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 19:46   #514
Ronin
Milansochist
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
exactly


Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 20:31   #515
Balo45
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

What bothers me about Paqueta and also just the entire team honestly, is that he doesn’t fight through contact at all. Don’t get me wrong, the way he slows down the game combined with his quick feet, he’s always going to be a player fouled frequently. But he looks for fouls rather than trying to actually play the game sometimes.

A lot of our team does that and it’s SO frustrating. Our build up play has been lethargic for years and it doesn’t help with there’s so many fouls. And fouls are a bigger part of the game in Italy than some other countries, but the players have no urgency to play through any contact ever. Chances are sometimes ruined bc someone goes down way too easy, or they do get clearly fouled but only because they literally turned their body to anticipate contact from the defender. Jack does that a lot too, really so many of our attackers do. Knowing how to win fouls is valuable and there’s a time and place for that. But when the whole team is consistently looking for fouls, it slows the game down to a halt, takes away any momentum we might have built, and on top of that we’re not a super dangerous team at set pieces.

Jack, Hakan, Suso, Paqueta, Piatek(awful at this), Samu(he’s just weak), all play so soft every game. Paqueta and Piatek have good frames especially, no reason for them to play like that. But relating this back to Paqueta, I remember reading out Brazil that he had good hold up play and good strength for a player of his style. I think he does, he just doesn’t care to ride contact and advance the ball. He almost intentionally puts himself in spots where he can win a foul, rather than just move the ball quickly. Also about Paqueta, I think he is, or could be a good player, but he needs a coach to kick him in the ass. If he was with Conte or Simeone, he’d either A) not buy into the hard work, get dropped and fade into nobody or B) buy into the system, stop being a pussy, and use his natural talent and longer frame to be a good player.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 04:30   #516
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Is this true Goodfella?
Yes it it's true that I have a cousin named Ray Ray.



Nah, couldn't resist referencing Senatore_M84's cousin's observations in the Milano nightlife. You missed a great chapter of RnB history.

I do think Paqueta wasn't completely sober against Sampdoria.


Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 18:29   #517
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Paqueta asked to not be called for the game against Brescia.

I take this as officiality for him to be a cocaine addict


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
For those who were waiting, i upload another song of mine

I think it's the best love song ever recorded in term of melody, vocal expressionism, guitar rhythm and poetry

https://clyp.it/t5xgcose?token=9182c...9f95955a0c52cb
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 19:30   #518
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default



Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 19:55   #519
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

https://forum.acmilan-online.com/sho...2&postcount=53


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
For those who were waiting, i upload another song of mine

I think it's the best love song ever recorded in term of melody, vocal expressionism, guitar rhythm and poetry

https://clyp.it/t5xgcose?token=9182c...9f95955a0c52cb
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 19:58   #520
mleite
AC Milan Legend
 
mleite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Default

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7rBvr7I...d=5t9qxzvk57zj

It appears Paqueta asked not to be called up so he could have a break to evaluate his future.

I also saw elsewhere recently (but can’t remember where) that he is ill with anxiety and depression.

Hope he gets well soon.


Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:25.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.