The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
If a team like Dortmund had our history it would be a top 5 team in the world.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Honestly bro what is the point of writing as autistically as you do?
no shade....serious question
Why say "feck" instead of fuck? :conf:
If you have an issue of using profanity then surely we all know you mean fuck when you write "feck"

Why say "wot" instead of "What"?
The time you supposedly save by typing one letter less....is lost by everyone's brains having to translate cockney forest gump into english

You don't need to speak in the queen's english...but surely you can communicate more effectively than you do. I urge you to start in small ways...perhaps a text to your mates....like "What time is the game bro?" etc.

This is my little rant...the way you write is absolutely grating my nerves!

It's Irish tho.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
In their entire history they've won a handful of titles... we've won near 30 just with :b:

Decide wot you want to be.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
In their entire history they've won a handful of titles... we've won near 30 just with :b:

Right now we're a midtable club that's been ran into the ground in the past years.

The past is just that - the past.

The way Dortmund operates is a viable way to operate in todays landscape - the way this club was been operating in the past years is a great way to become the next Nottingham Forest.

Those titles we won in the past are great and no one can take that from us but I'm sure you as much as me, want to see this team win again in the present.

Dortmund and Leipzigs model is what can bring us to that. Old school style will not.

Can't butter up the finances with private funds anymore and even if you could - we don't have an owner inclined to do so. Big potential investors are not looking to buy as right now - the league is simply unattractive. A provincial shithole like Newcastle is more attractive simply by being tied to the EPL. Also - just because these investors are wealthy doesn't mean they wanna spend huge amounts on buying a club.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
As much as I love reminiscing about the past like 99% milan fans do and as much as I hate dortmund, they are miles ahead of us right now.

We are, as alec said, a midtable club. The hoffenheim of the bundesliga. I don't give a fuck about the past anymore. It's been almost a decade since we were last in the CL. Be realistic people and not nostalgic. Look where it has brought us...

Laughing stock of the football world (my mates on ps4 who i play with are both liverpool fans and hearing them say stuff like origi would start for ac milan just makes me want to jump off a building)

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Honestly bro what is the point of writing as autistically as you do?
no shade....serious question
Why say "feck" instead of fuck? :conf:
If you have an issue of using profanity then surely we all know you mean fuck when you write "feck"

Why say "wot" instead of "What"?
The time you supposedly save by typing one letter less....is lost by everyone's brains having to translate cockney forest gump into english

You don't need to speak in the queen's english...but surely you can communicate more effectively than you do. I urge you to start in small ways...perhaps a text to your mates....like "What time is the game bro?" etc.

This is my little rant...the way you write is absolutely grating my nerves!
:lol::lol::lol:

You've clearly never been to a Dortmund game. They make most other stadiums look like libraries
you been to san siro bruv?
It's Irish tho.
I understand it when irish/scottish folk speak how they do and it is magnificent but i really dont get why you need to actually type like that... but to each their own
Try not to engage him... he really isnt worth it.
you basically did above tho. try harder :o

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No. I told him to go to the devil.

"but to each their own"

If thats how you feel then wot are you doing here?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I don't want their past. I want their present. From that point onwards we will see where it would lead us to.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Relax, none of Ralf or Elliott have any interest in selling the good players. This is not how you raise the value of a club. Best case scenario is they give Ralf full powers and he brings 4-5 hot talents each season. In 2-3 seasons we will surely be in CL, will have a very valuable young squad with great quality and the stadium will be half-built unless there's a massive turnaround. At this point the club's finances will be fine and they will be able to sell at profit.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Forget the past 10 years, Milan is a title winning club. I don't understand why people are being excited for us to become like Leipzig, atalanta, or dortmund. Those are entertaining clubs but they are never winners. We are a trade mark in football a power house. Fuck this youtube fans man.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Forget the past 10 years, Milan is a title winning club. I don't understand why people are being excited for us to become like Leipzig, atalanta, or dortmund. Those are entertaining clubs but they are never winners. We are a trade mark in football a power house. Fuck this youtube fans man.

Don't equate with Atalanta with Dortmund or Leipzig. Those two are fighting for the german title and have a local behemoth in front of them - similar to us just that we're far from challenging our local rival.

If you don't like it - fine - what's your solution then?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
If you don't like it - fine - what's your solution then?

We don't matter, what's the owner vision?
I'll tell you what. A sustainable business module, sporting success is secondary.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't want their past. I want their present.

Careful wot you wish for. They're readying for big sales.

Who's ever stayed there... Reus?

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't matter, what's the owner vision?
I'll tell you what. A sustainable business module, sporting success is secondary.

How can you get long term success without a sustainable business model? FFP does not let an owner just pump money in the club.

Also before superstars like MVB, Gullit could be bought for just a few million. Now players near that level are valued at over 200 mill and come with super high salaries.

These days top scouting works better than huge spending

Once the new stadium is ready, Milan & Inter could have the biggest revenue in serie A. It should open up a large gap over clubs like Lazio, Napoli, Roma. Then they can spend much more than now.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's the problem, isn't it? It's almost ten years we're not a title winning club anymore. We all want to get back there. But it probably can't happen other than in baby steps.

Becoming self-sustaining while playing an attractive brand of football and being at least competitive enough to win domestic titles is one first step. And not an easy one. Maybe even the most difficult. It would mean that we'd finally broke that negative spiral we're in since almost a decade and three different properties.

Careful wot you wish for. They're readying for big sales.

Who's ever stayed there... Reus?

Again. I would want their present, hypothetically speaking, change their sportive and financial power, their current international strength and competitiveness with ours in a heartbeat. From that point (of departure) onward then we'll see.

I think we all want the same thing: Reliving those glorious days of the past. Speaking the obvious: Right now we're far from there. Saying that clubs like Dortmund or even RB Leipzig and Atalanta are further in their development than we are isn't wrong, isn't it? Admitting that if we could, we'd change our and their current status quo isn't that far stretched, no?

I don't think that any of us saying "right now I'd rather be in Dortmunds shoes than in ours" means that we'd see that as the end of the journey or our clubs development. At least I don't. I think a club with our rich history, weight and fanbase could go so much further than those others once we're in a similar position like the Dortmund/RB/Atalanta kind of clubs.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A question to the people watching Netherlands' and Belgium's leagues. Who would you rather have - Jonathan David or Myron Boadu?
Judging solely on youtube they look like a similar type of players.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
How can you get long term success without a sustainable business model? FFP does not let an owner just pump money in the club.

Also before superstars like MVB, Gullit could be bought for just a few million. Now players near that level are valued at over 200 mill and come with super high salaries.

These days top scouting works better than huge spending

Once the new stadium is ready, Milan & Inter could have the biggest revenue in serie A. It should open up a large gap over clubs like Lazio, Napoli, Roma. Then they can spend much more than now.
I'll dig.

A little flaw though, how are you going to maintain players if you're tied to a salary cap?

Donnarumma & theo are prime examples. Bennacer is next in line. The moment a player gets some kind of a demand it'll be very hard to prevent the temptation.

Milan has the big club aura. Now there is a point in what you said but is it practical? We will see.

Our situation is very complicated to tie it to a successful business module and genius scouting methods. There is a big difference between bring milan back and what elliott intentions/actions.

Nothing indicates elliott has patience to see work out. Whatever they are doing has an overhead burden and it's really nearing the threshold. We are losing more money or wrong calls and faultful appointments more than we are losing to players flopping. I mean no one mentioned the fassone settlement and how much it impacted the books.

And long term success? Do you know how much Moratti spent prior to the Calciopoli and never was able to change the irrelevant status?

Until we get a serious owner then its going a statu quo. Don't let the excitement of change cloud the common sense. Don't be a nevermore & kojak please.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
A question to the people watching Netherlands' and Belgium's leagues. Who would you rather have - Jonathan David or Myron Boadu?
The moment you know boadu agent you'll prefer jonathan David.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll dig.

A little flaw though, how are you going to maintain players if you're tied to a salary cap?

Donnarumma & theo are prime examples. Bennacer is next in line. The moment a player gets some kind of a demand it'll be very hard to prevent the temptation.

Milan has the big club aura. Now there is a point in what you said but is it practical? We will see.

Our situation is very complicated to tie it to a successful business module and genius scouting methods. There is a big difference between bring milan back and what elliott intentions/actions.

Nothing indicates elliott has patience to see work out. Whatever they are doing has an overhead burden and it's really nearing the threshold. We are losing more money or wrong calls and faultful appointments more than we are losing to players flopping. I mean no one mentioned the fassone settlement and how much it impacted the books.

And long term success? Do you know how much Moratti spent prior to the Calciopoli and never was able to change the irrelevant status?

Until we get a serious owner then its going a statu quo. Don't let the excitement of change cloud the common sense. Don't be a nevermore & kojak please.

He did mention that raising revenues for example through the stadium project would mean being able to spend more? That would include raising the salary cap mentioned, no?

What do you mean by "our situation is very complicated to tie it to a successful business module and genius scouting methods"? Specifically by "our situation"? What do you think could be the better solution to "our situation"? I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm just trying to better understand your point.

No one knows how long Elliott will stick around. You seem to be sure that they are gone in a matter of a year or so... Why? But even if so: That they're here to turn the clubs fortunes around and then sell it for a profit is no secret and has never been. The moment they do sell the club for a profit it most probably means we're in a far better position than we've been since 2012, no?

And concerning FFP: I don't know exactly what you want. Ignore it? Again: I'm trying to better understand your post. By saying "difficult to tie to a successful business model" you seem to imply that we should ignore FFP. I don't see how it wouldn't lead to us being excluded by international competitions – again.

Last edited:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Jonathan David looks better. Most of Boadu's goals have been really easy, poacher type goals. David has some nice longer distance goals.

From the Dutch League, Donyell Malen seems more ready for the jump to a big league. His all round skills, dribbling, passing, ball control, finishing look really good. Though I think he's still injured these days...,,

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I've come to terms with VB and his boomer "internet" lingo, it's really something special and makes me look forward to reading his posts. That, plus his quality memes.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Is "wot" Irish? He seems to be trying to sound cockney.
Either way it goes down about as smoothly as sandpaper

Feck has absolutely nothing to do with being Cockney. You sure you even know what cockney is?

Feck at its heart is a Celtic word. But became part of British pop culture in the 90's, due to Father Ted, a channel 4 comedy about Irish Priests.

You know how in the Caribbean TH words like Thing become Ting when spoken, well it's the same in Ireland. Shit even within the UK with the various regional accents the word Boom sounds like Bum in a Birmingham accent.

Who put you on the Commonwealth Linguistics Police anyway? You sounding very stiff British upper lip with this is all TBH. Let the Aussie say whatever he wants, as long as it isn't disparaging to others.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
If we want to be "winning club", we first need to become Leipzig or Atalanta. Step by step.

Sadly but we're currently way below them.

I didn't even mention Dortmund because they're like space shuttle to us. I mean, I would love us to be in Dortmund place, where I can sign for it? :o

Btw, it seems that league is postponed to 20.6. It's pity because Ralf won't have much time to work before new season, which is crucial because you can't implement his playing style over night, it takes time.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And once again...

source.gif

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we want to be "winning club", we first need to become Leipzig or Atalanta. Step by step.

Sadly but we're currently way below them.

I didn't even mention Dortmund because they're like space shuttle to us. I mean, I would love us to be in Dortmund place, where I can sign for it? :o

Btw, it seems that league is postponed to 20.6. It's pity because Ralf won't have much time to work before new season, which is crucial because you can't implement his playing style over night, it takes time.

It makes sense to let Pioli go right now and let Ralph coach. There won't be a long break between seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule