The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 44 36.97%
Bobini 25 21.01%
Bobaldini 11 9.24%
Malbo 7 5.88%
M&B 32 26.89%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-03-2020, 20:48   #7461
Dena
National Team Player

Donnarumma: “The red & black colours mean a lot to me because I grew up here [at Milan]. I have always been a Milan fan and I can’t help but do everything for this shirt.”
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 20:49   #7462
Dena
National Team Player

Di Marzio: Agreement between #ACMilan and Rangnick is in place but move is on stand-by
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 21:03   #7463
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

Snake: I love Milan and I want to stay.

Also snake: I DeMaND 7m SaLaRy oThErWiSe I'Ll LeAvE.

Two times in a row and another drama with his new contract, which is truly interesting for someone who apparently love Milan and wants to stay.

I hope that both of them will fuck off from Milan.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 21:21   #7464
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini

nvm...found it: https://www.milannews.it/primo-piano...icembre-365900

Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!

Last edited by nonsonoqui; 26-03-2020 at 21:24.
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 21:30   #7465
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
Is that because we will get EL through the Coppa?

If that is the case, I would be fine with the standings too.
If that is the case, then sure, go for it, but literally no journo ever talked about this possibility

Just read a rumour that Barca are offering Arthur, Semedo, Vidal, Aleña and Todibo for Lautaro 3 good months and he costs half a team valued easily 120+ m. This world is going crazy

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 22:08   #7466
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Di Marzio: Agreement between #ACMilan and Rangnick is in place but move is on stand-by
He has been shitty as a source recently, but this has me bonered up again.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 22:09   #7467
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

In all honesty, if the season is cancelled, then the current standings should be the result. No trophies awarded, but the CL and EL spots should go to the teams in those positions.
Old 26-03-2020, 22:15   #7468
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
In all honesty, if the season is cancelled, then the current standings should be the result. No trophies awarded, but the CL and EL spots should go to the teams in those positions.

and we should qualify to EL because we're still in the coppa
i could live with that
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 22:18   #7469
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Let's assume that the Rangnick model and the Arnault model are both possible for Milan, and let's say, for argument's sake, that they would lead to the exact same amount of success--CL wins, a couple Scudettos, etc.

Would you rather buy random players who become stars like Rangnick?

Or would you rather be a glamor team that buys Mbappe and brings in Pep and wins?
Out of every possible model there is to follow, the only practicable model for us today is Rangnick's model. Buy reasonably priced 'under-the-radar-talents' and then eventually sell for a healthy profit.

As of 2020, I'm not sure if it's feasible to go the Man City/PSG route by having wealthy owners at the helm and buy a locker-room full of star players, as those days are gone by and UEFA have enforced stricter FFP rules, in line with budgetary restraints for those who tries to circumvent the rules. (For instance, Mirabelli and Fassone during that 2017 summer, where they were in transfer-market nirvana with a €230m warchest.)

To think what we could've been now if only Berlusconi sold the club in 2011 when his financial demise started to show. That was a time when Man City/PSG were allowed to spend freely and build themselves supersonic teams without the worry of the FFP police breathing down their neck.

Signature
Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 23:40   #7470
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
He has been shitty as a source recently, but this has me bonered up again.
I'm not sure we'll even start playing in August.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 23:46   #7471
Batman
Team Doctor

Fav. Players: Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Quote:
Let's assume that the Rangnick model and the Arnault model are both possible for Milan, and let's say, for argument's sake, that they would lead to the exact same amount of success--CL wins, a couple Scudettos, etc.

Or would you rather be a glamor team that buys Mbappe and brings in Pep and wins?
I'd definitely go with the glamour team. That's what Milan should always be
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 00:29   #7472
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
For Boban’s sake he better come or Boban looks like a complete idiot lol.
rossonero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 01:06   #7473
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
I'm not sure we'll even start playing in August.
I can honestly use a few years off.
Old 27-03-2020, 13:49   #7474
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
For Boban’s sake he better come or Boban looks like a complete idiot lol.
The facts that talks happened and an agreement in principle was there proves otherwise - whether he comes or not is on Gazidis. Boban is already out the door, what sake does it matter??? Where was he wrong???

His method may have been poor and put the club in a bad light but he wasnt incorrect in what was taking place.

Now we know about Maldini with respect to coronavirus, I wonder if he wouldve been there at the match with Gazidis and at work and supported him versus Boban or wouldve he stayed silent as how it seemingly transpired.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 13:53   #7475
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Out of every possible model there is to follow, the only practicable model for us today is Rangnick's model. Buy reasonably priced 'under-the-radar-talents' and then eventually sell for a healthy profit.

As of 2020, I'm not sure if it's feasible to go the Man City/PSG route by having wealthy owners at the helm and buy a locker-room full of star players, as those days are gone by and UEFA have enforced stricter FFP rules, in line with budgetary restraints for those who tries to circumvent the rules. (For instance, Mirabelli and Fassone during that 2017 summer, where they were in transfer-market nirvana with a €230m warchest.)

To think what we could've been now if only Berlusconi sold the club in 2011 when his financial demise started to show. That was a time when Man City/PSG were allowed to spend freely and build themselves supersonic teams without the worry of the FFP police breathing down their neck.
City or PSG still havent won a CL - We need that Barca/Real La Casa de Papel model
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 14:11   #7476
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

I would prefer to keep the Milan model - homegrown talents + a couple of players stolen from Inter + some Brazilian magic = CL winners

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 14:19   #7477
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Alec, why don't you go and volunteer helping at a hospital treating corona? And do so without any gear
Maybe because I am not a professional nurse or doctor in the field and would cause more harm? Of course I'm happy to be able to contribute with the outreach programm of my company but honestly, I don't expect of anyone to do more than stay home in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Not weird at all. I'm somewhat an introvert and this whole thing also scares the shit out of me so working from home is kinda nice but at the same time without the human element it also feels empty as well. I feel in a few weeks I'll be sick of it Keeping in contact with family and friends where possible via calls/video is nice and has helped me so far. So have the gf and cats. I feel awful for anyone who doesn't have somebody and is isolated. Can't imagine how it must be.
Yeah, must be super rough. I'm keeping in touch with work colleagues and spend a lot of time with my girlfriend. But as a super outdoorsy person this sucks since I can't even go out and play ball

Quote:

Rather have Rangnick build a system with Arnault cash - that way we're not dependent on sugar daddy funds for all eternity. Also always nice to unearth a gem.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence

I exist to make Merda fans miserable
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 14:32   #7478
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
I would prefer to keep the Milan model - homegrown talents + a couple of players stolen from Inter + some Brazilian magic = CL winners
Exactly.
If you look at our last two CL teams they were this exactly....with the occasional splurge or bargain deal on a superstar.

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 14:32   #7479
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer486 View Post
If Rangnick can buy mid price players who become stars, then think what he could do with a PSG like budget!
Definitely does not work the same... He is a great scrapper coach, finding raw talents and refining them, but it's much different when you have to manage big stars versus a bunch of nobodies who are trying to make a name for themselves. In fact, there's very very few managers who do a good job with man management of big personalities so while Rangnick has proven to do well with unknown talents, it's 100% not the same when dealing with PSG-like budget and big stars. Rangnick's strength is the system and that everyone buys in, these days most known stars are so pompous and arrogant/social media whores (i.e. - pogba, mbappe, neymar, etc.) that they don't fit the mold.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 14:35   #7480
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not but I have always agreed with this philosophy. Homegrown talents, Italian core of the team, and then buy some worldclass talents internationally. I just love the 2006 CL team for example, just look at that starting lineup core, beautiful and so Milan.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is online now   Reply With Quote