The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 31-01-2020, 20:14   #1
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Default Week 22: AC Milan - Hellas Verona 02/02/2020 15:00 CET

Well, since there is two days left til the game and no one opened the thread I felt like I should.

Oh by the way, I have a 31% win percentage when opening threads for Serie A games. 4 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses. Not my fault

Lets keep the momentum up. Forza Milan!!!!

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 21:22   #2
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

I was about to suggest Biglia to start since Bennacer is suspended, but turns out he's still injured. What a fraud.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 22:25   #3
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
I was about to suggest Biglia to start since Bennacer is suspended, but turns out he's still injured. What a fraud.

Your suggestions always bad so it will be fine
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 22:38   #4
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Your suggestions always bad so it will be fine
Rebic SS, Samu RW/RM, Hakan LM, Pioli over Giampaolo, .
I'd say the suggestions that were implemented have turned out well.

How's your Andre Silva doing?

Signature
Old 31-01-2020, 22:45   #5
joyrider
Il Moderati

joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 22:47   #6
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Rebic SS, Samu RW/RM, Hakan LM, Pioli over Giampaolo, .
I'd say the suggestions that were implemented have turned out well.

How's your Andre Silva doing?

- you would rather bonaventura at lm than rebic.
- pioli is still trash
- hakan hasnít proven anything yet, he always had 2-3 wc performances every season
- Everyone wanted suso gone (in the summer) so it was only a matter of time before samu got his chance.

___
I was rooting for andre silva and wanted him to get more playing time than cuntrone, he never did so he left.
Old 31-01-2020, 23:00   #7
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
- you would rather bonaventura at lm than rebic.
I didn't. I was never a big fan of Bona. It was Hakan over Rebic at LM, because Rebic is a forward, not a midfielder.
However Bona showed against Torino and SPAL that he can still be okayish at LM as long as there's a decent understanding and cooperation between him and the forwards. There's no such understanding or cooperation between him and Leao.

Quote:
- hakan hasn’t proven anything yet, he always had 2-3 wc performances every season
Hakan is the least bad option for LM.
I've never been a fan of him either. Inconsistent and undependable. But still the least bad option we've got for that role.

Quote:
- Everyone wanted suso gone (in the summer) so it was only a matter of time before samu got his chance.
Most of you were defending Rino's and Giampaolo's decision to permanently bench Samu.

Quote:
I was rooting for andre silva and wanted him to get more playing time than cuntrone, he never did so he left.

Signature
Old 01-02-2020, 00:39   #8
voom
AC Milan Legend

No Suso guys!!! Not that he even played,after Samu benched him,but it feels good that Zuzu is not in the club anymore.
Also this Kumbulla guy from Verona they praise him,like really talented defender.It will be very tough match,we will struggle without Benacer this game.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 00:51   #9
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Quote:
I didn't. I was never a big fan of Bona. It was Hakan over Rebic at LM, because Rebic is a forward, not a midfielder.
However Bona showed against Torino and SPAL that he can still be okayish at LM as long as there's a decent understanding and cooperation between him and the forwards. There's no such understanding or cooperation between him and Leao.

Hakan is the least bad option for LM.
I've never been a fan of him either. Inconsistent and undependable. But still the least bad option we've got for that role.

Most of you were defending Rino's and Giampaolo's decision to permanently bench Samu.

Bonaventura has really been below average. I donít understand why your fave keeps starting him.

I want us to test a leao- rebic- ibra- samu, at least ones, at least against midtable teams

ó
Regarding castillejo
Old 01-02-2020, 01:42   #10
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I want us to test a leao- rebic- ibra- samu, at least ones, at least against midtable teams
You got to see it against Torino, and you'll get to see it again the next time the team is trailing. Those are the only moments it's worth the risks.

Why would you even want this ultra-attacking lineup when there's Theo at LB, and a defensively weak midfield duo?
The current team is not struggling to create chances. We've come a long way since the 4-3-3 with Hakan-Piatek-Suso, Biglia and RicRod.

Quote:
Regarding castillejo
So you were also one of the few Samusexuals during that era? You just gained my respect.

Signature
Old 01-02-2020, 03:14   #11
Milan2012
Senior Team Member

No Suso no party
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:55   #12
milanator
Banned

With Bennacer out I‘d favor Hakan at LM to get some passing range back into midfield.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:07   #13
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Bona's efficacy in a 4-4-2 is almost nothing. When fit, he's very good in a 3-man midfield as the left mezz'ala.

Likewise, Castillejo is great against average defences in a 4-4-2. In pretty much every other situation, he's pointless.

These are all limited players with specific circumstances in which they shine.

Hakan does better than both of them in any lineup, because of his great range in traversing the field. His defensive threshold makes him an automatic starter in a squad like ours.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:30   #14
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

It will be a shame to see Kessie and Krunic on the pitch and Rebic on the bench while he's in this form.

Quote:
Why would you even want this ultra-attacking lineup when there's Theo at LB, and a defensively weak midfield duo?
Because it's awesome to watch.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:44   #15
Pingu
Year Zero

Qaas, hope you're ready to alt+F4 stream if we need it.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:35   #16
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Who are in card trouble?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:39   #17
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: KakŠ, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Krunic-Kessie midfield is going to be interesting. I'm more worried than hopeful.

We really have pathetic depth at CM considering 4-4-2 is the chosen formation. Imagine injury to Kessie and new suspensions for Bennacer. Krunic and Hakan CM?

It's hard to understand why we didn't buy a CM. I guess the only reason is because new investments will happen under a new ownership.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:14   #18
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Who are in card trouble?
Conti and Romagnoli on 4. Musa is too on the off-chance he plays.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 13:00   #19
Nevermore
World Cup Winner

Pioli: "Kjaer and Zlatan have had the flu for 2-3 days and I don't know if we can summon them, problems with Krunic too, we have some difficulties".
Nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 13:07   #20
Pingu
Year Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Pioli: "Kjaer and Zlatan have had the flu for 2-3 days and I don't know if we can summon them, problems with Krunic too, we have some difficulties".
I sense Musa and Roma both getting a yellow from the ref, so they miss the derby. No Zlatan means Leao + Rebic. And, Krunic out means Kessie + Hakan CMs?

Exactly why we needed more midfielders.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote