Week 23: Inter - Milan 09/02/2020 20:45 CET

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
de75195d43d756cff68b6ba29d82c59b176f563b.gifv

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Bennacer and Bakayoko would've been an amazing duo. Baka went into 12th gear for Milan.. he truly loved us

Baka became a beast for us, when he was on form he was dominating in midfield, something that on his best day Kessie unfortunately can't do. I like Franck but his ceiling is far lower than Bakayoko

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Not always a good thing...

I'm not so sure about all this. I worry about Ibra being so isolated, but I understand the concern in not letting Brozovic be free. I think Pioli did this before with having the SS track the opposition anchor, at least making sure the easy pass to him is blocked. It's basically the same idea as you having Krunic on him but I think someone like Leao or Rebic would do a better job on the break and can be more effective closer to Ibra.

I also highly doubt Hakan will miss this one. He's definitely playing on the left and for good reason.

I think the key for us defensively will be the positional discipline of Bennacer and Kessie. They're going to be constantly taking turns dropping back into the CB zone to make sure we have more bodies in there when we maintain possession, and also to cover for the fullbacks when they push up. I don't think we'll be seeing them press Brozovic at all.

Offensively i'm counting on our fullbacks breaking past their wingbacks and stretching their back three. That's really the only way we can penetrate, mostly pinning my hopes on Theo and Salaemaeker if he plays RB.

I do agree about the defensive line, it should be as low as we can afford to without ceding too much. We'll probably have a few seconds of intense counterpressing when we lose the ball but quickly retreat to a mid-block.

I think we'll play the same sort of 442 we've been playing but probably with Rebic instead of Leao since he can annoy Brozovic a lot more.

I don't think Ibra will be as isolated as it seems. When in possession in a non counter attacking or transition sequence Rebic will get closer to Ibra naturally.

To me it's crucial to curtail Brozovic's influence and I lack faith in Rebic to do the required job. Leao certainly cannot do it and he probably needs to be benched and used as a super sub. Hakan can do it so we could start with the expected 11 but move Hakan centrally and Rebic wider.

With Hakan wide we lose the possibility of attacking their weakness and also don't defend Brozovic as well. To me Hakan centrally makes us both defensively stronger and offensively more potent due to Rebic being wide.

Either gameplan isn't perfect due to the makeup of our team but I think the Hakan/Krunic central and Rebic wider is slightly better.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
SpectacularHeftyAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

Dai, dai, dai

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Fabio Maresca will officiate Inter-Milan on Sunday

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Loving this new chant I've been hearing in the last games. Looking forward to hearing it in the derby.
I'm so sick and tired of the old "forza lotta vincerai" chant.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As for tactics, Colussus and brki both make good points.
I think I'd go with Deflectoglu instead of Krunic. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to press Brozo. Pioli could switch between the formations without wasting any subs.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic left and Hakan Deflectoglu begins Ibra could be really interesting.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Almost reminiscent of Spalletti playing Vecino between the lines in the derby last year.

However I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Leaks two days before the derby like this are typically to mislead.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Im afraid of what Pioli will do. Rebic should start.

This team is just to weak to have any real hope so lets just wait and see if they can NOT LOOSE ONE DERBY.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just really want to see some nastiness from the team. Conte will have them ready, we need to match that. If the team shows heart and fight I will be satisfied.

Not to mention a heartfelt loss after a good performance can still unite the team. They can rally around that and use it going forward. A bad performance where they leave with their heads down will only make this season worse

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I just really want to see some nastiness from the team. Conte will have them ready, we need to match that. If the team shows heart and fight I will be satisfied.

Not to mention a heartfelt loss after a good performance can still unite the team. They can rally around that and use it going forward. A bad performance where they leave with their heads down will only make this season worse

Agreed! We need to show fight .

Need to keep Jack away from starting xi.

Ibra Rebic Hakan Bennacer Kessie Samu Theo Roma Kjaer Conti Donna pls

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Take that “Cant Win Derby’s” else where. I cant remember loosing the derby by 3 or more goals. We disrespected this bozos with Bacca and Naing up front.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm not gonna pretend that I'm not stressed the fuck out over tomorrows game.

Dinner with in-laws followed by game.

We have a shit team with Ibra.

Son bandito

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Roma lost again

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Inter without Martinez & Handanovic and a drop off in form recently combined with a lack of continuity due to new arrivals added etc. I feel we got a chance if the full compliment is available and Pioli is bold enough to instruct the team to just go all out for the win.

They will obviously have the majority of possession and better options off the bench but if the lads go out and play with the right fighting mentality for the Derby occasion and take their chances - anything is possible.

Feels like a draw or Samu with the winner. A point wouldn't be a bad result.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We will win, no doubt.

Ibra 2 goals, Rebic 1 goal and a disrespectful slav celebration

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Inter (4-4-1-1):
Donnarumma, Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessie, Bennacer, Rebic, Çalhanoglu, Ibrahimovic [Sky]

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Someone to pocket lautaro + stelar overall performance from our LB and RB. Happy that Bennacer was suspended last game, he will be more focused in this game.

A 2-1 win.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Been rough couple days a win in the derby would mean the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Wont be a pleasant game for us to watch tomorrow. I can see them overrun our midfield and have 65% ball possession. But luckily we can break on the counter with Zlatan being a target man and dragging those merda players to him, allowing Samu, Rebic, Theo and Conti to use their speed and exploit the spaces. Forza Milan!

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
One of the first few times in a long time will Hakan be playing in his best CAM position. Prepare for a barrage of long shots by him . I think he will score and 1 assist !

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Draw wouldn't be a disaster. Just a pity Atalanta turned it around against Fiorentina.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we have to play smart. last few derbies we were either too reckless or too cautious.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
14dccbaa682367b27da7633872c42a42.jpg

4411. Probably a 4231 in attack. Our right side is still sus, hope they don’t leak goals like the last derby.

Edit: I didnt get to watch the Verona game, was Calabria convincing? Conti’s defending is scary, I’d prefer Calabria if he starts playing like he did preGiampaolo.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I like the formation, could be something interesting