Milan to play in the US this summer

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MILAN - This summer, Milan will play two matches in the United States. The Rossoneri will face Celtic of Glasgow, Friday, July 25, at the Cleveland Browns Stadium, and against Barcelona, Wednesday, July 30, at FedEx Field. The announcement was made by Charlie Stillitano, the head man of ChampionsWorld which is based in New Jersey: 'Milan are the perfect ingredient for the ChampionsWorld Series 2003. Our objective is to have the best international clubs in the world demonstrate their success to our public and Milan are the ideal club for doing just that.' The ChampionsWorld Series 2003 have the participation of these six important clubs: Manchester United (England), Glasgow Celtic (Scotland), Juventus (Italy), Club America (Mexico), AC Milan (Italy), and Barcelona (Spain).

Per maggiori informazioni è possibile consultare il sito www.championsworld.com

PROGRAMMA DEGLI INCONTRI DELLE 2003 CHAMPIONSWORLD SERIES

22 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - Man. United vs. Celtic (Seahawks Stadium) Seattle, WA
25 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - AC Milan vs. Celtic (Cleveland Browns Stadium) Cleveland, OH
27 luglio, 2003 2:00pm - Man.United vs. Club América (LA Coliseum) LA, CA
30 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - AC Milan vs. Barcelona (FedEx Field) Washington, DC
31 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - Man. United vs. Juventus (Giants Stadium) East Rutherford, NJ
3 agosto, 2003 8:00pm - Man. United vs. Barcelona (Lincoln Financial Field) Philadelphia, PA

I wish that the venues were different... Why do they have to make this difficult for me?? :rolleyes:

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
PROGRAMMA DEGLI INCONTRI DELLE 2003 CHAMPIONSWORLD SERIES

22 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - Man. United vs. Celtic (Seahawks Stadium) Seattle, WA
25 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - AC Milan vs. Celtic (Cleveland Browns Stadium) Cleveland, OH
27 luglio, 2003 2:00pm - Man.United vs. Club América (LA Coliseum) LA, CA
30 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - AC Milan vs. Barcelona (FedEx Field) Washington, DC
31 luglio, 2003 8:00pm - Man. United vs. Juventus (Giants Stadium) East Rutherford, NJ
3 agosto, 2003 8:00pm - Man. United vs. Barcelona (Lincoln Financial Field) Philadelphia, PA

I wish that the venues were different... Why do they have to make this difficult for me?? :rolleyes:

is it hard for you to get to cleveland? dammit! :(

as you sure can imagine i'm not happy with the choice of venues either... :cry: why can't it be manure [any team]-milan in seattle?????? i'd even go to l.a. but the east??? argh, not compatible with my plans at all... :( :rolleyes: :cry:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I sent an email to the site asking excatly when the game is, how much tickets are, and if there will be any more game. When I find out I will let everyone know.

I'm most likely going to the game in Washington DC, as my gf has a friend there she would like to see. She's not to into seeing the game though, so I'm looking for people to go w/. Let me know.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i might go as soon as i know the prices and stuff (like where to stay, or else...), if i know those stuff i'll tell my boss to take 1 or 2 days off...
and i'll also tell my friend about this (he's a milan fan too)...

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
one more thing, do any of u guys know where can i get cheap airline tickets to washington?

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
try jet blue.com

From SF to Washington, they said it was $139 each way which is pretty cheap and the flights are supposed to be really nice.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fbvanBasten said:
Lucky you...Why Milan do not want to travel to South East Asia like many of the EPL teams do?

Don't know the only thing I can think of is that maybe the countries there won't pay the money the Milan wants, but since the world cup went so well and interest in soccer there is up, I really couldn't tell you. But I would bet it's a money thing.

Read this today on Yahoo!Sports, dosn't give to much details, but it's something:

Celtic will meet Manchester United and AC Milan in pre-season friendlies when they travel to the United States for a pre-season summer tour.
The Glasgow giants are due to arrive in Seattle on 18 July and play United at the Seattle Seahawks Stadium on 22 July, before travelling to Ohio where they will meet AC Milan at

the Cleveland Browns Stadium three days later.

Celtic chief executive Ian McLeod said: "The feedback we have already received from the supporters in relation to our visit to the US has been extremely positive and there is great excitement around these two fantastic matches.''

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The Celtic site said roughly the same, although it added "Both games will have evening kick-off times, although exact arrangements have yet to be made."
I guess that's why I couldn't find ticket info through ticketmaster or the stadiums.

I checked the Barça site but couldn't find anything. I read in a newspaper that if Barça participates in the Intertoto Cup, they'll cancel. Maybe another team will show up...

One thing I find odd though, they talk about Celtic-Man U in Seattle. The tix for that match went on sale a month ago.

Reaction score
i know this is out of topic, but... Manchester United vs. Club América :eek: :conf: :head: :eek: i´m mexican but, honestly America is not the best mexican team and against Manchester United... :head: , but the real bad thing is that the game is not here in mexico so i´m not going to see Van Nistelrooy and Beckham play :cry:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mad4milan said:
One thing I find odd though, they talk about Celtic-Man U in Seattle. The tix for that match went on sale a month ago.

Yeah and it's already sold out. If I remember correctly it sold out in under 4 hours. Well the thing is Manchester United decided to come here awhile ago. They found Celtic and Barca to play against, only problem is Celtic and Barca were going to come all the way here just for 1 game. They finally realized that Celtic and Barca could play each other as well and if they could get another team, they could almost make it a kinda USA tour cup.

Thought of someting on this - if Barca decides to play in the intertoto cup then they won't come out here to pay. Which might screw up the Milan-Barca match. I email the company that's supposed to be doing it and got no reply - I'll try again in a week or so.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mad4milan said:

Yeah and it's already sold out. If I remember correctly it sold out in under 4 hours. Well the thing is Manchester United decided to come here awhile ago. They found Celtic and Barca to play against, only problem is Celtic and Barca were going to come all the way here just for 1 game. They finally realized that Celtic and Barca could play each other as well and if they could get another team, they could almost make it a kinda USA tour cup.

Thought of someting on this - if Barca decides to play in the intertoto cup then they won't come out here to pay. Which might screw up the Milan-Barca match. I email the company that's supposed to be doing it and got no reply - I'll try again in a week or so.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Because you guys are so lucky to watch milan....

Can i get the picture of milan games there?? I know it's still next summer, but i think it will be hard to find the picture game, if milan play outside europe.. just like milan play againts qatar last year...

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
Per maggiori informazioni è possibile consultare il sito www.championsworld.com

Hey.. hey wait a minute... i browse the web above.. but i can't find the word AC Milan... all that i found are MU, Barca, Celtics, America and shitty juve...

May i ask why?? And perhaps are you guys talking about championsworld or others??

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Same for me, it was from a press release from a month or so ago, so it's no longer there. Found another article on this subject on Yahoo!Sports:

Celtic will meet Manchester United and AC Milan in pre-season friendlies when they travel to the United States for a pre-season summer tour.

The Glasgow giants are due to arrive in Seattle on 18 July and play United at the Seattle Seahawks Stadium on 22 July, before travelling to Ohio where they will meet AC Milan at

the Cleveland Browns Stadium three days later.

Celtic chief executive Ian McLeod said: "The feedback we have already received from the supporters in relation to our visit to the US has been extremely positive and there is great excitement around these two fantastic matches.''

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/030415/21/dxtjl.html

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Still couldn't find anything anywhere but I found the Milan-Celtic match on the soccervacations site.

I've never used those sites but I can say that I don't feel that I can trust them due to the little information that they give on type of tickets, accomodation, etc for the price that they charge.

But, if it's listed there, I guess that the match is supposed to happen.

It STILL sucks big time that we don't know nothing. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to get good flights, let alone affordable ones... :rolleyes:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
yup... it is confusing indeed, i have to tell my boss about a month or at least 2 weeks before going on a day or days off... but since i can't find the rightful info about the game (the ticket price, etc) it means i have to wait and see, which sucks big time...
anyhoo, does anybody know whether the milan-barca game is going to be canceled or not? (my friend has a relative in DC and we might stay there for a day, that if the game is not canceled)...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mtfco said:
does anybody know whether the milan-barca game is going to be canceled or not?
They can still mathematically qualify for the UEFA Cup without the help of the Intertoto so I think they'll wait to make an annoucement.

Since they play other teams too, maybe another club will replace them.

On the Champions World website, both Milan games are now mentionned but still no info though.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
you could direct your inquiry to ac milan or milan channel and then try to get tickets through milan's ticket service. i'm sure they have a [very limited] contingent available. just an idea...

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i found an info about milan game in USA at ticketmaster.com, they will play celtic fc, july 25, 2003.... in cleveland OH
i couldnt find anything about milan vs barca (as it was said in the milan website)...
so, anyone wanna go to OHIO?

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cancelled my trip to see the firendly, going to go to NYC in August to see the SUPERCUP! :devil2:

www.channel4.com

New York stages Italian Supercup

This year's Italian Supercup between Juventus and Milan will be held in New York, it was confirmed today.

The trophy is contested between the winners of the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia holders, but in this case also happens to be a replay of the Champions' League Final.

Last season's edition was held in Libya, but New York has won out over competition from Tokyo.

The match will take place at the Giants Stadium on August 3 2003, a good three weeks earlier than the original August 24 date.

The decision was made because both Milan and Juve will be in the United States for a summer tour during that period.

It has now become traditional to play the Italian Supercup overseas in a bid to increase ticket sales.

Juventus are the holders after beating Parma 2-1.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
oh yeaah!!!
im going there too...
which stadium is it? how much is the ticket?
too much question, i guess im too excited about this....
hey, does this mean they cancel the barca game? (i saw the ticket sale in ticketmaster.com)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No the Barca game is still on. I am planning a trip now to fly into DC on July 28th, go to the Milan-Barca game there on the 30th, then rent a car Aug. 1st drive up to NYC and see Milan-Juve on Aug. 3rd., then dirve back and fly home.

The Milan-Juve game will be at Giants Stadium (The Meadowlands) in East Ruthaford, Ney Jersey. I think it's about 20 to 30 min. outside of NYC. Tickets aren't on sale yet, when the go on sale I'll let you know. ;)

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I just read this on Milan's site.

MILAN - Milan have decided not to repeat the experience of a pre-season camp in Sardinia, as they did for the first time in summer 1999. At the same time the club are working to reduce the number of fixtures Milan are expected to face in their visit to the United States in view of the Italian Super Cup against Juventus scheduled on August 3 in New York.

Hmmm... Which game is more likely to get cancelled? Cleveland? DC? Both? Hope they give refunds... :rolleyes:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Its Italian super cup final in NY.IS IT?

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
hey,
ive been hearing things about Milan paling juve on august 3rd in New york for the italian supercup. But i checked New york Giants website and ticketmaster and neither of them say anything about the game.

Do any of you know where to get tickets and how much they would be?

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rossonero_per_tradizione said:
hey,
ive been hearing things about Milan paling juve on august 3rd in New york for the italian supercup. But i checked New york Giants website and ticketmaster and neither of them say anything about the game.

Do any of you know where to get tickets and how much they would be?

They will be on sale through ticketmaster, I am checking everyday and will post the prices on here and links to a stadium map as soon as they are available.

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
boca is now the one is going to face celtic

Schedule